Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder)

Citadel Edition:
Tell us about your character's home base or headquarters? Is it secret or well known? Has it ever been assaulted by your enemies?

/pgg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
current playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Current /sfg/ thread: Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

saltinwoundssetting.com/
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ignore and report this post, real new thread is here

We repurposed the very first dungeon we came across to be our HQ. Nobody knows where it is because the kobolds that used to live there are all dead.

The coolest shit a player of mine came up with was using Animate Dead on a Tarrasque to get its' skeleton and refurnishing it into a fucking zeppelin.

The hottest base was a citadel on the sun. Floating from rock and materials from the Plane of Fire. It was actually pretty chill.

The one I liked the most was thieves guild. It doubled as an "adventurer's hall/Heroes guild" so it was this huge compound with shops, taverns and rooms for rent. Under it and behind the false walls were where the thieves guild operated.

Niceu.

We once set up a thieves guild in a pocket dimension. The portal was in the main doorway to a tavern we operated as a front, but you had to whisper the password to access it otherwise you'd just end up walking into the tavern.

One time we were running from the town watch and jumped into the guild hall. The watchmen tried to follow us but ended up barging into the tavern. Everybody raised their hands because they thought it was a raid, the guards just backed out of the tavern with red faces.

This is pretty good. I like that idea of a door that leads to many rooms but you have to say the password to get to it. One entry way could be hundreds of different taverns, palaces, etc.

Get rekt

>nuked
ayy

Fucking kek.

Thanks user. I'm not sure how much of that was by DM-fiat since the wizard worked it out with him one-on-one, but it was certainly one of our most memorable bases.

The mods are on /pgg/-autist's side, what the fuck can we do about this?

Playtest pastebin needs a serious fucking update, Dark Handbook is out of playtest, and the Highlord, Rajah, and Radiant Dawn DSP playtests need to be added.

>dead
>Terrasque

Bruh.
Now PF regen isn't the kind that has all the bits that are removed grow into whole new creatures, so lopping off enough terrasque to build an effective corpse or enough for a restore corpse casting might be legit. Not to mention keeping it at negatives through drowning and having an endless meat supply.

Absolutely nothing, I guess we're just /pgg/ forever now.

Stop being a retard. That might help.

Back trace his IP address and take out this pile of human garbage.

>Bruh.
First of all, it's Tarrasque, not Terrasque. It's not a fucking terrace monster.
Second, you can temporarily kill the Tarrasque:
>If the tarrasque fails a save against an effect that would kill it instantly, it rises from death 3 rounds later with 1 hit point if no further damage is inflicted upon its remains.
There is literally not a single rule in the entire game stopping you from using Animate Dead on the Tarrasque's corpse before it resurrects.

Stop the petty squabbling and move on with our lives?

>Not to mention keeping it at negatives through drowning and having an endless meat supply.
There's a whole setting being developed built around that concept:
saltinwoundssetting.com/

Stop posting animeshit OP's.
The mods don't care about /pgg/ vs /pfg/, they care about weebs shitting up the board with their /a/ garbage.

>A voice of reason in /pgg/
What madness is this?

This user knows what's up.

I'd rather see this thread continue to be seen as the embarrassment of the Board.

Best idea I've seen posted here in a while

Alright, so will /pgg/ autist concede the next time someone posts /pfg/, or /pgg/ with an anime picture before he gets his groxshit in? No? Then fuck your calls for peace.

>Tell us about your character's home base or headquarters?
It's an empty ale barrel where his land meets the road. Comfy and even fancy for a cat. Not so much for humans.

>Is it secret or well known?
Pretty well known. It's actually starting to become a bit of a tourist trap. Which is really pissing me and him off.

>Has it ever been assaulted by your enemies?
Yeah. Goblins, Ogres, and kids have all had a go at it.

Who do you think is gonna be in JttW?

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home (Closing in 1 week)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court (Closing in 5 days)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia (Closing in 6 days)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous (Closing in 2 weeks)
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3 (Soft close today)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9 (Closing in 2 weeks)

Foxtits, Ceraphine, and I couldn't give a shit about the rest.

>He hasn't got his PM yet
Oh user...

The mods dont have a side on pgg vs pfg, they dont have an opinion on anime vs nonanime OP. They just dont want pg5 newthreads and dueling generals and the anime OP posters are one of several individuals/groups who continually do that, and are the most immediately recognizable. If everyone would just chill the fuck out there would be no issue, people could make anime OPs sometimes and nonanime OPs sometimes and I have nondoubt the mods wouldnt give a fuck.

PGG vs PFG is a similar circumstance, just stop flinging shit everywhere and the mods will stop caring and stop arbitrarily picking sides just to quickly resolve the issue.

But splitting into three-five separate threads because were all ass-blasted is a long standing tradition of this general.

>Go to look at JttW LFG
>AlienError in list of players with Argentum
Looks like was right, picks have already been made. Check for invites.

FoxTits and Tsubaki too

Argentum is known for favoritism, so the last pick is probably Sappy since they play together in RotJR

>Last hope to get into a game is riding on Essentia and/or DAA, if either may still end up happening
Fuck

Nodachi of the Righteous still exists.

>Expecting that not to be a bamboozle
:thinking:

Though a lot of the Applicants seem to be using Reach weapons.....

Aren't they in different groups?

First public app didn't get onto jttw, not big surprise, but it still hurts.

Should I just post a lewd sorc app next time?

Having powered through a hanngover, the Journey to the West party has been formed from the following cast of characters:

Língmèng Qīng as THE JADED MIKO.
Tsubaki Higashiyama as THE STAINED SAMURAI
Mira "Foxtits" Covinus as THE BLAST FROM THE PAST
Yin Xue Hua as THE RUNAWAY PRINCESS
Rú Qiáo as THE DASHING ROGUE
Zhuan Jie as THE PEERLESS ADMINISTRATOR

>2 men
>Dashing Rogue
>Bureaucrat
>4 women
>Foxtits
>Reimu
>Eugenics and You
>STRONGEST ONI

Oh this party is gonna be lovely

Who are the players?

>A shameless ripoff character and an actual sockpuppet account both make it in

Wait, which one is the sockpuppet?

In order:

Kawase
Luca
Grim
Miao
Garnet
AlienError

Grim is Captain Slow's sockpuppet account. I thought everyone knew this?

>implying I follow your pathetic celeb e-stalking shit
Who the fuck cares?

Don't bother. This shit is borked anyway

>"Known for favoritism"
>Most of the picks aren't in any of his games
:2bornot2b:

Lingmeng still had a better motivation to be there than the majority of the applications. Maybe if more people had a reason for going after the necromancer beside "Raaaah, evil!", they would have gotten in.

Disk, shut the fuck up.

>The Necromancer killed your childhood friend and stole their most prized possession

Idunno. Mira's got motives

Cool, so CCC and Alexander are a less likely to get into Ensoulment now, they were pretty competative characters so this is good news to me.

Also congratulations to all those players.

Who the hell is Disk?

Not worth it going lewd if you don't intend to play lewd. Getting into a game doesn't mean much if the thing you stuck yourself on is something you don't want to play. Sure you could bank on getting yourself purposefully killed off for a reroll but some people don't like that sort of attitude.

A faggot.

An autistic faggot.

Dude started writing reviews for Roll20 apps back when such things still had credibility. The fact that he was also applying to the games he was doing reviews for basically ended all that, since nobody could trust reviews to be unbiased once they had reason to suspect the reviews were just targeted to praise apps Disk wanted to play with, and tear down the ones he personally didn't like. Even if it wasn't true, the suspicion was enough.

Didn't help that Disk is generally kind of a shit disturber even outside of that.

I want Psychic Bias Engine to come back

That meme got stale after the second post.

Honorable Mentions for Journey to the West
Wasabi Erika, Kumosawa Sayo, Serizawa Gin, Huáng Fèng.

PSE was practically just a fucking troll. Same as that one asshole who did Blingmaker reviews that were all just "I WANNA FUCK IT, ITS GOOD" and "THIS ONE'S SILLY LAWL" and "NODACHIS REEEEE."

What about Divine Bias Engine? Or Arcane Bias Engine? Or Initiating Bias Engine?

If they're written by the same user who did PBE they're almost certainly already stale.

#
He really is. If you review some of the past /pfg/ and /sfg/ threads, it becomes apparent that in this case it's not just a slur, we've got at least one legitimate autist that do not understand implications or subtext at all, and can't understand at all why people come to conclusions like Golarion being a relatively shallow kitchen sink with low degrees of historicity and verisimilitude, how Starfinder is unique because it takes all the D&D tropes and moves it all into "SPACE!", or why people consider Navasi (Starfinder iconic) a massive Mary Sue. He even argued against literary devices with subtext that is obvious to everyone else (such as meeting an old bearded man dressed in grey missing an eye, with two rvens, and then suddenly, later, odin shows up, BUT THERE'S NO EVIDENCE THE MAN WAS ODIN!).

I suspect it's the one and the same autist, because it's the same pattern, and it's not regular obstinate Veeky Forums trolling, he legitimately do not understand subtext or inferral, and take every chance to read things strictly literally (There are spaceships in Starfinder, therefore it's not JUST Pathfinder and D&D tropes in space!).

Hes a bit ornery, but honestly it seems like just the best way of handling all the salt he gets as result of giving pretty critical reviews. Hes honestly a pretty good writer and his reviews do tend to be pretty useful, kinda the opposite end of Protags "I dont want to hurt your feelings so here is all the things you did good and oh these few bits MIGHT need a little work but dont be sad!" reviews which are also helpful but often less so because hes actively trying to be diplomatic.

Also even if disk is trying to engioneer with his reviews, that would make him better in my eyes than the dozens of others who do the same thing anonymously and with way less actual arguement behind their opinions.

>celebrity bullshit
games were a mistake

So my DM's letting me play a slightly nerfed blink dog and while I was thinking about playing an unchained rogue, I haven't found a way using first party stuff to be able to make TWF attacks due to the lack of limbs, which makes me worried I'll miss out on a lot of sneak attack potential. So far I'm the exact bestiary entry of a blinkdog plus an extra class level, a trait, and the wealth of a third level PC.

Is there a reasonable way for me to TWF or should I look into other classes that might take advantage of my blinking? I know the campaign is mostly going to be fighting undead, but since my Charisma is 11 I can't really go something like paladin.

Hi, Disk.

Why would you want to play a blinkdog of all things?

>The mods dont have a side on pgg vs pfg, they dont have an opinion on anime vs nonanime OP.
Bullshit. If that was true, they wouldn't nuke the more legitimate thread, which, like it or not, was animufags /pfg/, since we AREN'T Paizo Games General, since Starfinder has it's own thread, AND animufags thread was first.

The fact of the matter is just that Veeky Forums has the worst mods. It's always been true, and it's still true. Absolute bunch of gigantic faggots.

Yall got any of them leaks yet?

Come back wednesday, that's when pdfs drop for everyone besides subscribers

Calm down, /pfg/ autist, you'll blow a blood vessel.

>no Wubu app to PLD
your prediction was WROOOONG user

Honestly I figured that Sappy's app was a favor to Argentum. Just compare the quality of Yumiko to Valeria or Ceraphine.

That and all the shitposting and appz appz appz is why I stopped caring about /pgg/. It was a little better when we had both /pgg/ and /pfg/ for a while, and all the retards stayed behind in /pgg/, but it was an unteneable situation, so now I hang out exclusively in /sfg/. Interest in Pathfinder is at an all-time low, because the community consists entirely of cancer.

My friend posted this portrait for the character he's going to be running, and I just really liked the idea of playing the dog as some sort of stern, knightly talking dog. Plus I'm kinda burnt out on Pathfinder with my group, but since it's their favorite system I go along with it and try to do things in the system that's outside the box. My friends were totally on board with the idea as well.

Blink dog was just the first dog-like monster that came to mind, but considering they are LG, loyal, and fight off evil creatures they're thematically a good fit for the upcoming campaign.

Okay so you niggas speak dirty all the time
But does this actually manifest in all the pfg games
or do people just daydream forever

Sure, he's a writer, but these overly verbose backstories showcase zero capacity to roleplay. Just because you can write a really in-depth backstory spanning pages, doesn't mean that you can do that in game or even should. People call 2hu out on their purple prose shit in games. It takes way too long, slows the game down, and more often than not, is really out of place with the rest of the party. Moreover, the prepared nature of the backstory can make a player seem like a great roleplayer, when the character was in fact crafted with the help of reviewanons (who are becoming less and less anonymous). That kind of help isn't going to be there in the game, and the player's faults will be seen.

>Pathfinder is at an all-time low
Or because it's a dead as fuck game, with basically no content. People have noted the similarity to Veeky Forums generals of games with no content or slow updates like an MMO.

If you want proof that Tuvark is a bad DM, head into discord.

Why are we still /pgg/ if Starfinder has its own independent and stable /sfg/ thread?

Why are we still here, just to suffer

Sometimes, I feel like the only person who writes their backstories stream of conscious, even if I do go back and do a rebuild edit on it after I've let it sit for a few days

>FUCKING WEABOOS REEEEE
>LITERALLY RAPING MEEEEE
>STOP ALL THE CULTURAL APPROPRIATION REEEEE
>ONCE AGAIN, IT'S LITERALLY RAPING MEEEEE
>Good App

No. That was literally the worst app of the bunch and had no chance of getting in.

They do
Wait for log posting

user, not even PLD is posting logs, and they're making girl sandwiches over there

Just spoil me.

Are there any mouse races? Would allow a mouse girl in your game?

Same thing /pfg/'s non-anime or ERP side did: Ignore and continue onward with great justice in their heart. Or great contempt, whichever works. No point autisming about things until they start getting nuked.

Why not play a cute blinkling boy as Gareth intended, user?

There's a race of rat-people called ratfolk. I don't know if there's any mouse races.

No mice, on rice. I mean rats.

My setting only has three races, That the players know of so there isn't room for mice as a race

So far the races are all pretty damn relevant to why the setting is the way it is.

So has it now transcended being a generic ERP with magical girls to being the final arc of Gantz?

That hurts user.

And giant vore spiders made from tombstones and grave dirt to do the bidding of a gods cursed wizard is only a little generic