...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to HomeNode...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: →
>Log_The_Bounty_Hunter.trid
>Gun_Benny_Summer_Catalog.ctlg
>PewTube_Top_Ten_Gun_Cam_Countdown.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 145 (62% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled "Kneecaps vs 9mm has been flagged for removal"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Bullet_Time.btl

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever shoot at a dragon.

Tell us about your Street Samurai. What is their favorite weapons and armor? Do they swear by any company in particular? Are they ex-military or former couch-commandos? Gillettes, Adepts, and casual gun bunnies also welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0BwveEGL3ahxJbi0wQS1sZWcwMEk/view?usp=sharing
pastebin.com/PM3tivYW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for kill all trogs.

Humanis fuck off back to /hfy/

How about we do somethig like this?

>A fuel tanker wrecked in Seattle on Sunday, and as Orcs and Trolls converged to collect fuel leaking from the truck, it exploded, killing at least 140 people, according to police and hospital officials.

Someone is angry because all the human girls prefer the ork/troll D

Don't lump your tusker ass in with us.

Is the portrayal of orks with green skin racist? Is that like the Sixth World version of blackface?

Still no State of the Art ADL pdf ?

Jesus Christ that was the biggest Darwin Awards event I've seen in a long ass time.
>"Man, stealing this highly flammable material sure is hard work, I'm gonna stop for a smoke while standing in and covered in this highly flammable material next to a leaking container full of the stuff."

>tfw no qt ork bf

Have you tried your local penitentiary?

LAMIA LIMINAL BODY WHEN

I mean I've already houseruled them into my game.
We get half man half horse.
We get pixies.
We get 3m monkey men.
And then a big snake. I mean come on.

>I mean I've already houseruled them into my game.
How did you stat them?

das racist

Nope. The only green skin is metagenetic damage, skin dye, or chlorophyll gene mods to reduce your need to eat.

It's also true. There's a statistically high chance of meeting orcs in jail due to societal pressure and fundemental differences in psychological makeup.

>das racist

Lots of orks work in security, user. You're racist for assuming I was talking about criminals. Not all orks are criminals, user. Geez.

Still a bit of a work in progress, but it's basically the Naga stats but with agility upped one point (since it's still about dexterity), and lowered STR.
Although on the off chance that you actually coil around another character (as a grapple) I'd say use double strength in terms of tests and damage.

>all this hate for trogs
What's wrong with awakened chimps?

Surely boxing, mma and the like must have added heavy heavy weight and upwards after goblinisation?

Your character has been called in for something very simple. To follow the damn train How fucked are they?

Most sports are accommodating of metahumans. The biggest schisms among professional sports leagues is the validity of cyberware and adept magic.

The Asonwu? They transmit diseases and attack livestock

Didn't major league sports in general also ban technomancers?

I'd climb the Eiger.

No, you wouldn't.

My Character would like to climb the Eiger

Where are my bicycle rules?

Have you ever run a game in which a megacorp was actually trying to do some good? I mean, sure, there might have been some profit for them in their endgame, but they generally tried to make the world a better place? What was the premise? How did it work out?

In my Shadowrun I see most Megacorps in general trying to make the world better. Not for the people living on the other side of the law of course.
Some charity and work for the underprivliged is always nice for public appearance, and new developments that better the average quality of life will in the end bring profit.

They're with the two number 9s, the number 9 large, a number 45, a number 45 with cheese, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, and a large soda.

Seems like a perfectly fitting order for me.

(on that note, I need to make a Troll Big Smoke in my game now)

The mistake a lot of edgy buggers make is to make megacorps actively capital "E" Eeeeeevil.

But they're corporations. Evil does not make money, but neither does morality. We've had examples of megacorps in real life, most notably the various East India Companies and the like. Our very own was the world's first modern corporation, and they were essentially a military force on their own with a carte blanche to operate as they saw fit. They did evil shit in order to secure their spice monopoly, which did in fact include a genocide, but there was no ideological motive behind it (and the people who bitch about them usually hold politics that committed many more genocides than these guys ever did). Meanwhile there was another, shadier version that mostly involved itself in the slave trade, and their slavery practices have rubbed off on the reputation of the more legit corporation.

A corporation will fuck you if you stand between them and profit. But they'll never murder your people wholesale for praying to the wrong god or following the wrong ideals. I think that's a distinction that could have some fruitful results in these settings. What if people involve themselves with rebels who fight the corps, but who are legit going around executing people for thought crimes? I mean, ISIS is against consumer culture...

Does humanis hate all non-Humans equally/how do they feel about metasapients (better or worse than metahumans?)

The exceptions here are Saeder-Krupp who WILL kill anyone Lowfyr dislikes, and Aztechnology who have proven utterly willing to kill people merely for disagreeing with them slightly.

WAIT, SAMURAI? LET ME SEE?

>mfw

New 5e player here. Any advice for playing an Orc Rigger?

Swarm or Vehicle?
Defense, Offense or Support? Rank them
What build system (Karma, Sum-To-X, Priority)?
Any modifiers (Primer Runner, Street Scum, etc.)?
Any house rules?

But it makes for great running material. Who caused the accident. A radical ecoterrorist attack, humanis? Big Oil?

Priority system for build, and I'm planning on maintaining a couple heavily modded vehicles and some modded combat and surveillance drones, with dog and bird personalities for the drones.

>a couple heavily modded vehicles and some modded combat and surveillance drones
which of those are you going to prioritize?
Because getting both is going to beyond your allowance. Also: Jumping into vehicles, into drones, into both or neither?

Are there any rules for animal people as a playable race? I am sure I saw something for Shadowing with that, but can't remember.

Jumping into both drones and vehicles as needed. As for nuyen to mod it all, I was going to go with Priority A in nuyen

Shifters or SURGE depending on how furry you are.

Man, I don't know if you can have multiple vehicles, drones, AND mod them. Riggers are usually hit pretty hard for cash even when they stick with one or the other.

450k during chargen is a lot of nuyen

>As for nuyen to mod it all, I was going to go with Priority A in nuyen
How many drones and cars have you envisioned?

2 cars, maybe a bike, and 3-5 drones. 2 combat and 1-3 surveillance.

There's Shapeshifters, which are magical animals that have the ability to transform into a metahuman form. There's Naga, which are sneks with human faces. If you're after furry, then there's changelings.
Even Priority A nuyen will be a struggle. Control Rig is expensive, vehicles are expensive, drones are expensive and fragile as fuck, modifying all of them is atrociously expensive.

Which disappears fast when you account for all the ware, vehicles, the real estate to store them, a place to work on them, drones, and so on chummer.

And that A priority is usually best put into stats or skills, so assuming 450k is in itself a stretch. No one wants a rigger with shiny toys who can't use them worth a damn.

So then I put skills in B slot, and from what the core book says, I'm going to want a bit of cyber defense skill to protect my shit, even with a technomancer covering me, so I put my skill group points into cyber warfare, and the rest into drone and mechanic skills.

How does that sound?

Okay, so you need a RCC with rating at least 2 (so you can slave all your drones to it). It still is advisable to get one with a higher rating (so you can run more than 2 autosofts), so we're looking more into DR 3-5.
The price range for them is between 16k and 68k. Just for the RCC
Additionally if you want to jump into the vehicles and drones you need a Control Rig. Rating of it gives a dpm, increases the handling and speed and reduces vehicle test thresholds. They cost between 43k (R1) and 208k (R3), though the highest you can take at chargen is R2 at 97k
So you are already paying between 59k and 165k, just for being able to keep your drones safe from deckers and being able to jump into them. Autosofts, Noise Reduction and other shit not included

For surveilance you'll probably take Fly-Spys (2k) and for the attack drones a doberman (5k) or a Rotodrone (5k). So just for the drones you already spend around 14k, without any armor mods, weapons or other extras.

Riggers can do either well or both mediocre. So choose what you focus on

Sounds like you can't sneak or lie to save your ass, or even use suppressive fire worth a damn.

And if you think you'll never run into such unexpected situations, Shadowrun is going to treat you poorly.

Thanks for the advice anons. I'll build my character in chummer and post him here.

All my characters have no less than 10 Pilot Groundcraft dice so they can probably pull it off.

Well yeah but Big Smoke has all the accuracy of a one eyed Ork.

Whenever I need a ganger to do a driveby I usually just default to Suppressive fire, but somehow I don't think that'd work in this situation...

Someone said that the mods from the Form Fitted Body Armor doesn't stack or can't be used with mods on your top armor. Something like a rating 6 non-conductivity mod on the body armor wouldn't be counted if you are wearing armor on top of that. Is that true, and where is that ruling?

Considering the gangers are also explosion resistant, throwing a grenade the right way can lead to a horrible misunderstanding and panic. (At least if all those vids involving shooting the train with a tank are to be taken seriously)

That orc in the fish nets.
I'm ready.

If I am running autosofts for the same model of drone, do I need a copy for each drone? And do I need a copy of Cleareye for each drone?

>do I need a copy for each drone? And do I need a copy of Cleareye for each drone?
technically yes, though you can just copy it into each drone or use a RCC and just distribute it to them

Thanks user

Humanis hates different metas for different reasons.

They hate orks because they threaten to outbreed humanity and become the dominant species. Also they are perceived as dumb and violent. They hate trolls for the same reason, regarding them as big, dumb brutes. Humanis suspects that Orks are also being subversively manipulated by Elves, being pushed to undermine humanity through violence and racial war.

They hate dwarves because they consider them untrustworthy. Dwarves tend to make connections and do business with other dwarves regardless of their ethnicity or culture and some humans suspect that dwarves are all in on some sort of cabal. Also the fact that dwarves tend to make their way into STEM fields more often than not, Humanis suspects that they may be secretly working to undermine humanity through economic and scientific means. Money spent on dwarven goods is money taken out of a hard-working human's pocket.

And finally, Humanis hates elves because they think the elven nations are part of a long-running illuminati-like plot to rule over humans through shadow governments and culture-warring. Anybody who subscribes to elven culture, race-mixes with elves, and supports elven politics is stupidly playing into hands of immortal beings who barely see humans as blips on the map, little more than short-lived animals.

>Humanis hates elves because they think the elven nations are part of a long-running illuminati-like plot to rule over humans through shadow governments and culture-warring.
Busted clock's gotta be right at least once a day, I guess.

How does this look user?

drive.google.com/file/d/0BwveEGL3ahxJbi0wQS1sZWcwMEk/view?usp=sharing

Has your runner done a run against the Azzies?

Trogs should be rounded up and gassed.

Don't be a pussy. Do it yourself if you feel so strongly about it.

But I am. Though I am partial to a more hands on approach.

My runners did a job to extract the head of security of the Azzie building in Manhattan. To cover it up, they detonated 10 rating 25 bombs in the dudes office as he escaped. The authorities assumed that the guy must've been vaporized, because they couldn't find any remains.

Believe me, they are on a most wanted list for that shit.

I'm a long time dnd and wod player/gm with a little experience in various other systems.
Let's say I bought the fifth edition shadowrun rulebook on a whim because I want to cyberpunk with my players.
How do I not fuck it up and scare them off or the genre or the rules forever?
What are some of the pitfalls of your first game?
what should i know going on? How important is the meta plot? We said fuck the wod metaplot.
Does the game lend itself to be run seriously and edgy like ghost in the shell or tongue in cheek and campy like Transmetropolitan?

You guys do know that goblinisation hasn't happened yet, right? It's important to me that you know this.

Autism

Why would they do that?

How does Humanis feel about the actual illuminati though?

Yeah, and it won't happen at all if there's no one left to goblinize on account of the fact that they've all been gassed. That's basic logic, Yekka, try to keep up.

I'm not sure if technomancers are that well known on the public scale, but technomancers, much like magicians, could fuck with sports super hard.

Lots of sports employ cybered athletes as well as tertiary employees. Imagine a boxing match where a technomancer can fuck with his opponent's cyberarms as he tries to throw a punch. Or maybe a technomancer can mess with the umpire's eyes during a baseball game, ensuring he is misses those super important close calls. They could make vehicles malfunction during a game of urban brawl, or simply shut down the more modern guns of an opposing team in Desert Wars. And worst of all, there is no real way to prove they are or aren't doing it, both because they have no tells and because public perception barely knows how technomancers work outside of speculated fiction that is based around them (much like magicians).

Do you really think that the actual illuminati is within Humanis paygrade?

At this point, they'd suspect that if there was an illuminati it was being run and/or manipulated by dragons and elves, both of whom they have a massive inferiority complex towards.

They'd probably be shocked to learn that it is a 100% home grown human organization.

Though, I don't remember Humanis' stance on wizards. So maybe they'd still have beef.

We just gotta start genetic screening. Both for goblinization and UGE.

That still raises the question of "How do you know what genetic markers will express as metahuman?"

Until the mana kicks back in, it's all unexpressed junk DNA and you would have no way to tell which is regular human or not.

God, I fucking hate priority builds. Character creation is such a fucking hot mess.

Is there any place to get a hold of the German pdfs? I am willing to google translate for the stuff I want.

Pegasus has an online store.
Pegasusdigital or something like that.

I think they're with the rest of the English books in the pastebin from the OP.

By RAW, a piece of armor only contributes its mods if it contributes to the global armor score.

So in the case of the Second Skin it should be kosher, since its a "6/+2" equipment.

Then use karma build or sum to 10 or life module and quit crying. Faggot.

Giving everybody their time to shine. This is really big. I like to give everybody a chance to do their thing, so if you have a decker, give him some stuff to hack and/or possible leads for him. Give your face the option to talk to people.

Letting people play terrible characters, I will explain a bit on this. One of the first characters I had seen been created was somebody who had 1 point in literally every skill, for a staggering dice pool of 2-6 for everything. Literally everything. This is obviously not a good idea. Make sure they understand what archetype they want to play and then guide them how to be decent. 12 dice pool is good for a skill you wish to focus in, anything above that is better, obviously.

Another thing - a lot of DMs don't learn the Matrix. To be honest, the game runs a lot faster without it, but if you have a player that wants to be HACKERMANG then learn it to fluency and make sure they do as well, and if they don't, tell them to change characters. Also, don't allow Technomancers as a first character, because they require advanced knowledge of both the system and the matrix that brand new players don't have.

Last but not least, don't let any player through with an attribute of 1. This means that they cannot default on any skills associated with that attribute. They can have a 2 if they want, but a 1 is a no-go.

first
DO NOT BUY SR BOOKS
DO NOT GIVE CGL MONEY
ALL BOOKS ARE IN THE OP PASTEBIN
that said, second: Go into the pastebin, download the "GM Advice" pdf and read it

If someone makes a melee character, let them get into some awesome swordfights. Or fistfights.

You can also get them through Drivethrurpg if you look for them.

That's how I got State of the Art ADL, and got to polishing up my very rusty language skills.

I have a character concept for a street samurai/infiltrator bumping around in my head, but I'm not sure how far I want to min-max it, and I'm not particularly good at optimizing in 5e either.
What is the highest possible bonus to Escape Artist, or indeed the most bonuses to flexibility, contortionism and fitting into small spaces that can be racked up without being Awakened? If someone can whip up a completely min-maxed build, I can just dial it back to being sensible instead of making it from scratch.
I originally slapped together a background - pastebin.com/PM3tivYW - for a 3e NPC, but I don't see that kind of character often and figured I could get some help with optimizing if I ever end up playing it.

Not the other guy, but I haven't looked at sr5 for a long time and I've just got back in the hopes of running a game.

I understand that karma build is the standard from sr4 and that sum to 10 is about choosing priorities that add up to 10, but what's life module?

On a related note, it's a lot easier to start off with a game that is more pink mohawk and ramp up the trenchcoat as they go after bigger and more dangerous targets, than it is to do the reverse.

Let the PCs get messy and cut loose, and then find out as the game goes on how tight you need to twist the screws.

>tactical cyber-buttplug included in the futuristic armor's plastic thong
I take iot this artist doesn't finish jerking off before he draws shit.

Life Modules are basically picking packs that represent your character's life -nationality, childhood, schooling, previous jobs, etc. Each is a set of skills, qualities, and other bonuses and penalties, which gets rounded out at the end with extra karma/cash.

Good for RP, terrible for making a quality character. Stats are all over the place.

I see. Sounds like the right alley for a group that just asked me to GM, I'll look into it. Thanks man