/wfg/ - Warhammer Fantasy General

New World Hype Dinosaur edition

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/xXYsyMmi

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com/

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

perry-miniatures.com/index.php?cPath=23_33_53&osCsid=9upp7qste80ouleq11cpjmvhj3
lustria-online.com/threads/the-8e-lizardmen-handbook-updated-november-2nd-2014.13130/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's a quote I see often on the loading screens of Total Warhammer that goes something like

>I'm sure he didn't love me the most; that honor goes to Isabella. But he loved me the longest.

said by Manfredd. What is that even supposed to mean? I thought he was turned sometime after Vlad took over Sylvania, so it's not likely he was a vampire longer than Isabella, even if he came before. Even if he was actually far older, what does it matter that you were loved the longest?

Didn't get around to responding to the last thread. But Snikch isn't just an assassin, he's a ninja, and he triple wields, which you presumably wouldn't do unless you were dueling someone.

Statlines:
Queek:
M5- -Ws7- -Bs6- -S4- -T4- -W3- -I7- -A4(5)- -Ld8-

Magic items double wounds caused, inflicts a S 3 hit on attackers.

Snikch
-M6- -Ws8- -Bs6- -S4- -T4- -W3- -I10- -A5- -Ld9-

Magic items give additional -1 to enemy saves, cause d3 wounds per wound, can double his strength (to 8) 3 times per battle during the magic phase.

Snikch slays him.

Hey Veeky Forums, check out what I picked up for only 7 bucks! It's the first edition RPG...I was hoping to find the much preferred 2nd edition, but this is cool enough!

2nd edition is probably easier to get hold of and has a good pdf version.
1dt edition has sweet building floorplans in the back and stats for Zoats.

Can't say I'm not envious.

So I wanna get some friends into WFRP and a chaos champion campaign seems like it'd be tons of fun, are any of the modules in the mediafire specifically for chaos characters?

You've done well, that's in really good condition given its age.

You wouldn't happen to want to get a campaign going online would you? I'm really looking to play 1st or 2nd edition with a group, but no one is really near my area...

Some of the inside artwork...love it..

Thanks! Going to post a few pics of the inside... It's really a beauty of a book... My request still stands though guys. If you or anyone knows of any one looking to start a small online campaign for with a newbie, for Warhammer Roleplay, please let me know, I'd love to join, or help get something started...

Here's another color inside shot...

Not him but I've always been curious, do people play RPG's online with text or with mics?

I just play with coworkers when we all have off the same day so it's pretty sporadic, usually we just play on discord with mics but occasionally buy some beers and play in person

My group uses mics.

It further illustrates how Mannfred's personality is:
1) Daddy issues
2) Petulant
3) Know-it-all

By bragging he's still got more love than Isabella, he tries to make himself seem more important.

Araby proxies?

Loads of great stuff here.

perry-miniatures.com/index.php?cPath=23_33_53&osCsid=9upp7qste80ouleq11cpjmvhj3

You funny bastard. That's a good one.

Sorry, I was just making a joke.

That being said, what core army would Araby mist likely fight alongside for use as proxies?
Tomb Kings? Empire? High Elves?

Welp, in the Night Goblin squatting panic I bought 110 Night Gobbos plus 7 Fanatics, a shaman, and a boss.

I didn't even like Night Goblins, but the 7e paint starter set Night Goblin was the first mini I ever painted and I felt like it was my last chance.

Check out the character sheets.. xD love it...

Ah, Blanche.

So who's your favorite Warhammer artist?

Does anyone have that big image chart an user made showing all the artists and an example of their work? I think it was Space Marine themed.

Whoops, wrong pic..

Hmm favorite artist? Not sure. Who ever did the cover art to the 6th edition Bretonnia book has my heart forever...

Awesome, looks even better in color......here's a few more I snapped if you guys like.. Still looking for a gaming group... just tossing it out there...

Deciding to get into fantasy/AoS, and I'm liking the look and idea of the lizardmen. Something about dinos riding dinos is great. Question is, local meta notwithstanding, how bad are they? What can I expect in trying to transition from 40k to fantasy?

1st bit of advice. Get into Warhammer Classic...Skip AOS.

2nd. Lizardmen bad? No way, when played right, they can be terrifying... Well formidble at least. Skinks...don't underestimate skinks.

3rd. What army did you play in 40k? Warhammer Classic is a much slower, more methodical game. I enjoy it way way more than 40k in terms of game. It's very chess like in terms of thinking ahead.

Movement, and turns in 8th (and 9th) is vital. You don't want to get out manevuered, or flanked etc... You need to have units that actually work together to accomplish survivibility. not like in 40k where you just grab as much shooty stuff as possible. Trust me, if you like fantasy, and strategy and not a hyper active kid with 0 attention span, you'll like Warhammer....

AOS is 40k with a "Fantasy" spin..Avoid it.

So do all the old kits still have square bases or have they switched to round now?

I play marines, guard, and eldar. My general playstyle is a lot more static than is probably advised, so that might be an issue. So would getting the 'start collecting' box for the scalies be a solid choice? I'd assume it would be, but aside from it what else would be a good base to add too?

Some round, some still square.

I don't think what armies you play in 40K will matter much as the two games are totally different.

Lizardmen are a good army, the start collecting is okay but the knights haven't aged very well.

A fairly average list will have a big block of temple guard with a slann, big block of saurus and then some skink skirmishers and some big dinos.

Does the infamous chinaman still make OOP fantasy armies/models?

I found a website of people devoted to RPing as Bretonnians online. Surprisingly still active. I'm fighting my every instinct to bully them.

Think I've got a general gist of what I'll plan on getting first then. Temple guard though, I checked the store site, and the only guard are the saurus guard. Are they the same thing? And thanks for the advice.

When you have a strong source of autism, resist the urge to interact.

Mock them from a distance, trying to get into the face of insane communities is how we got /mlp/, /trash/, and /pol/.

Yeah it appears they've renamed them to Saurus Guard for some reason but they're essentially the same.

If you want more inspiration there's a handbook here that goes into detail on every unit.

lustria-online.com/threads/the-8e-lizardmen-handbook-updated-november-2nd-2014.13130/

Although, I wouldn't sweat over it too much since it was wrote for 8E.

Written*

According to ET, Mannfred was in Nehekhara with Vlad/Vashanesh.

We don't talk about ET here.

It's AOS canon.

>Favoured Artist?

Adrian Smith without a doubt

Well, if that reassures you, Ngobbos are an excellent unit, and one of the ways to really push a competitive O&C army.

Field them against a melee-oriented army and drink deeply from their tears

>Adrian Smith
Whoever it is that did a lot of art for the 7th ed Army Books
Also Blanche

Karl Kopinski.

Paul Dainton.

Alex Boyd.

Teclis ain't cool enough to be Benedict Cumberbatch

I think you've got it the other way around.
That alien looking motherfucker

Teclis is a poor man's Raistlin rip off, and not cool

Benedict Cumberbatch is Doctor Sherlockhan Strange, the Dragon of the Lonely Mountain

there's really no competition here

Does anyone else love that Total War Skarsnik can buff all his Goblins to have better weapon skill and charge bonuses than Chosen?
Watching gobbo archers give anything unarmoured a good kicking is golden.

I really don't get the whole cult worship Benbongo Cucumber has
He's an ugly alien looking piece of shit, all he has is an accent

What do, /whfb/?
Its been in decline ever since AoS hit, but now it finally reached its bottom... I lost all interest in tabletop gaming. All aspects of it - collecting, conversion, painting, playing - nothing is appealing anymore. What do?

He's got a nice voice, and tumblr has had more bizarre worship in the past.
Hooch Pandersnatch isn't that much of a stretch.

Try different games
Take a break

Orcs & Goblins army list of many memes, r8 me m8s

2000 points

--Lords--

Black Orc Warboss - Wizarding hat, shield, warboar
287pts
Savage orc shaman, lvl4 - Dispel scroll, Shrieking blade (because leftover points)
240pts

--Heroes--

Goblin Big Boss BSB - light armour, great weapon, Spider Banner
141pts
Orc Big Boss - Great weapon
59pts
Orc Big Boss - Great weapon
59pts

--Core--

50 Night Goblin archers - 3 fanatics, netters, full cmd
300pts
30 Savage Orc Big 'uns - additional hand weapon, full cmd
365pts

--Special--

5 Boar Boyz - Spear & shield, full cmd

--Rare--

Doom diver
80pts
Doom diver
80pts

3 Stone Trolls
135pts
3 Stone Trolls
135pts

Right around 2000 points total

BOrc is the general
Lords in the Savage Orc block
Banner with Night gobbos for 20billion poison shots
Each Orc Big Boss goes with a Stone Troll unit so they have Ld8 and not 4 for Stupidity if they wander too far from the general

Got a strong love/hate relationship with Blanche's art.

A lot of his older stuff and things like city scapes or space ships are really pretty great.

I always hated his "sketch" pieces that were always splattered in red paint. Ruined the Inquisitor and Liber Chaotica books.

Maybe 1 big unit of 30 night goblins, with 2 small ones might be better. You get more fanatics, and the shots are the same.

But if I did 30 + 10 + 10, I'd only get 30 poisoned shots with the Spider Banner

And with 50 globlins you'll get 35 of them.

However, you get 6 more fanatics with the smaller units

Spread the unit wide enough and you'll get 50 though
Range, however, might prove troublesome

a 25 wide units of goblin is going to lose combat and ranks from fucking clanrats.

You wouldn't want them to go fight though, just shoot
You can always reform if the enemy gets close enough

But if I'm not mistaken, queeks armor can reflect some wounds. If we are talking tabletop, the assassin has a better statline, but there far more that can go wrong against him.

If we are talking lore, I wouldn't discount queeks ferocity. The guy is completely mad and if the headtaker novel has any truth in it, he may actually have talking spirits that watch his back.

It's a batman vs superman argument in the end: the only solution is they work together better then against each other.

The fact is, 25 models wide, it's ridicolusly easy to charge them. They have a fuckhuge front, and they're not a tarpit.

Reminder that mathwise Valten is stronger than Archaon, and before getting nerfed into oblivion, with a bit of luck, Thogrim Grudgebearer could kill Archaon in a single turn

With luck any melee named character could kill Archaon in a single turn, and vice versa

Thoughts?

>Teclis is not Cumberbatch

Take a long, good look at his face.

You two morons know you're on a board dedicated to roleplaying, right?

Agreed

Vanilla / 10
Kinda boring to be honest, but whatever floats your boat my man. Give it a go and see how it feels.
I'd take more big things myself

There's a difference between forum and imageboard roleplaying.

Tony Ackland.

>very very heavy skirmishers

You keep telling yourself that, but I've seen how a good chunk of you roleplay.

What about a meme list like this?

If I ran into someone with enough models to pull it off, I'd be impressed but also disgusted enough to play them

Right guys, so I recently joined a WFRP game and one of the other players is far into that guy territory.
>plays a dwarf
> an atheist dwarf
> who shaves

The guy didn't even read any of the fluff on dwarfs even after the gm sent him a wiki article on the war of vengeance.
The GM is a pretty chill guy and had a lot of trouble finding enough players so he doesn't want to kick him.
I had a chat with him after the game and he seems to have only played pathfinder before and has never played a game where the setting mattered.
The out of the other players, one has sided with his stance saying that a player shouldn't be punished for not knowing about the setting and the other didn't show up to the first session but rolled a stereotypical warhammer dwarf and seems well versed in the lore.
I am playing a bailiff going into politician, and devout sigmarite and was wondering what advice you might have on how best to deal with that guy.

>atheist
>that shaves

Let him enjoy not having friends

Most that guy problems tend to solve themselves if the GM is not a little bitch

NPCs should confuse him with a halfling.

His character was infact introduced by the GM as looking like a tall fat halfling.

Are you submitting to the crapfest that is AOS then? I don't think they sell "start collecting" boxes for Warhammer Fantasy Classic. I'm telling you avoid AOS...it's not a very deep game. You should still be able to find Lizardmen armies around, and not for hugely inflated costs like Brets and Tomb Kings.

You shouldn't have *too* hard of a time transitioning from 40k, as the other poster said, it's a completely different mechanic, but you mentally have to be ready to play a different style.

So besides something like meetup.org what's a good way to find gamers not only in my area, but even online? Aka, people looking to start an online game of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay?

Good. I hope it annoys him greatly.

Best Advice? Is it an online campaign? Boot him, and get me an invite!

Unironically Roll20

There might be a lot of shit in there, but i found a lot of great players i play all sorts of game with.

Met my current GF through it

Hey thanks mate...and met your GF on it? That's one heck of a selling point there lol..

Not necessarily submitting to AoS so to speak. It's just that in my area the only actual lgs that I know of are GW, so my options are kind of limited. Of course, if i was desperate enough, I could take an hour or so to drive to a better place to play, but that option is also kind of limited.

>Are you submitting to the crapfest that is AOS then? I don't think they sell "start collecting" boxes for Warhammer Fantasy Classic
Are you fucking retarded, user?
The Start Collecting! boxes contain the same miniatures we use in Fantasy you fucking dumbass

you can put them on square bases and play your scalies in both games, desu

So... is the hostility really needed here? Look back at what you wrote, and your life, and do some searching..

I don't like AoS but at the end of the day you have to play what people are playing near you and if that's what they play they kind of have you at an impasse.

I would just put them on squares and play AoS if you have to, you'll probably enjoy it for a bit before you start getting bored. Then you can move to Kings of War or 8E/9E once you have a bigger collection. I'm sure you can convince some of the people at the shop to play them as well.

>atheist

I'd have Tzeentch turn him into a Chaos Spawn.

He was being a bit of a nonse, all he said was that he was getting a start collecting box and he assumed he was playing AoS.

Plus as I said people play what other people are already playing, he will probably have to play AoS at some point.

You go on the GW site and look at the Start Collecting! boxes and come back & tell me that they don't contain the exact same models we had in Fantasy
I'm perfectly comfortable with what I wrote and how my life is going

sellin my fantasy armies for food right meow on craigsbutt feelz bad man

>mark of chaos isn't on steam

Lizardmen and vampire counts.

Um okay, yea I made a mistake. You see in life, we humans do that. It's a horrible thing and definitely needs to be over reacted to.

lol because Mark of Chaos was horrid. Total War is far far superior, literally in every way.