Fighting in the Trojan war

Good PR.

A cape

Killing evil

vocaroo.com/i/s1llyknLgs7s

It's what you do that makes a hero.

Four or five moments.

youtube.com/watch?v=7WZd-x30I0o

I never bought this interpretation given the plethora of other Greek "Heroes" who never fought in the Trojan War but were given equal if not greater honor than Achilles.

Someone ready to make the sacrifice for the needed

Trojan War was the cutoff. Plenty of heroes preceded it, but the end of the war was the end of the Age of Heroes. What followed was our age, the Iron age.

It's why Hercules is a Hero, but he didn't personally participate in the war.

People calling you one. Otherwise you're just some guy doing stuff they enjoy.

Putting yourself in danger to help another person.

Hero's are not always good though. A gang boss who dies for his men is a hero to them and a villain to their victims.

A man who know he's free.

Being part of the Hero Association

Just being there and doing what's right. A hero can do something as big as being a submarine officer who refused to nuke the united states, or someone who simply volunteers at a soup kitchen once a month. They are both heroes. They were needed, and they were there.

Willing to sacrifice for others.

It is your destiny.

I'll never sign up with those fascists, shadow ops are the way to go.

Sure, in the sense that one makes their own destiny

underrated

both of you

People calling you one.
If you save everyone but nobody knows you may be a savior, but not a hero.

To dream the impossible dream.

That makes one a Knight, not a Hero

>this art was actually allowed

Not even gonna read lol

Well, you can't be a proper knight without being a hero too anyways.

Selflesness and strength of character.

Anyone who says "Perspective" is officially the most basic bitch in the thread.

Daily reminder the writer demanded this artist.

The size of titties.

>What makes one a hero?
Opposing a villain.

And a villain is someone who opposes the heroes.

Isn't it wonderful? One cannot exist without the other. For there to be light, there must also be darkness. And for there to be darkness, there must also be light. Quite frankly, the heroes should thank us. If it weren't for me suspending the school bus full of kindergartners ten stories above ground, then the heroes wouldn't have been able to save them from certain death.

>What makes one a hero?
A food service employee, typically.

By not letting a little thing like death stop you from saving the land.

Trying to save as many people as you can.

Many would tell you that heroes are made, not born. Others would tell you that there are no heroes because men are cowards.

Both of them are fools.

Heroes are those lifted to greatness by the strings of fate, chosen by the ever-turning wheel.

Why is Hillary Clinton making bears sit on Squirrel Girl?

Do you have a piece of paper from the WG giving you license to kill? If so, then you may call yourself a Hero.

Standing up for what's right despite overwhelming forces against you.

>Marx
In hidsight, actually doing a good job and suceeding in some way is a big part of being a hero, instead of being a fool.

Accomplish what was thought impossible. Have power only outmatched by your passion. Fight until your dying breath.

I must admit some curiosity to this as well.
Aside from that one Tick appearance, seeing where this is going is the only time I've wanted to see [scratch that: "read"] more of her.

Would you agree that being a fool that inspires others to be competent could also be a form of being a hero?

Basically follow this guy's example.

Nah.

Heroes remain heroes without villains. They just help with natural disasters or poor luck or awkward accidents.

The monologue is basically poor self justification so you can feel better about being in traction for a week after the latest fight with a hero.

I was seriously going to reply to this thread, but then I saw tumblr: the comic and vomited a little.

Dunno but I know what kills them

Being a hero isn't a matter of stepping forward.

Its a matter of standing when everyone else steps back.

Somebody who has faith in the people. Because if you don't have faith, because if you look down on the people, you're just a control freak.

Mumen Rider is one of the only actual heroes in that show. Not even Saitama is really a hero

Genos is getting the idea, and aside from Mumen is the only hero to openly sacrifice himself for the sake of the civilians the heroes in OPM are supposed to be protecting without worrying about popularity or wealth and all that other BS.

This dude's got it. Once you enter Mumen Rider's mindset, you will become a hero.

JUSTICE

J U S T I C E

To punish Evil

There's different types of hero though... One can have faith in the people and always seek to lead by example, etc. That's certainly one kind of hero and one that I quite like.

But it's also possible to have no faith in human ability and still be a hero. This kind of hero isn't the type who believes humans will always choose the easy and selfish way; they know at least SOME people will try to be good... They just think common people lack the ability to realise those noble ideas. This is the kind of hero who doesn't expect anyone to follow his example, but still does what he does anyway because no-one else can.

You know the comic panel where a cop runs into Superman and Nightwing in Central Park and is all, "The park can't get much safer with the two of you patrolling it now, can it?" and Superman replies,
"You mean with the three of us patrolling it."
That's the first type of hero. The second type would simply accept the praise and maybe tell the officer to take the night off, as he's got this, especially if he knows shit's about to go down; he doesn't expect the cop to really make a blind bit of difference, but that's okay, because the hero is there instead. Meanwhile the likes of Supes, or Captain America honestly believes that one ordinary man with the will to stand up against evil can make all the difference.

Why not ask a hero?

youtube.com/watch?v=3WDRxtd-2dQ

Nice try, greek.

Deification of those that protect the weak and/or fight others/things that are considered evil or bad.
A better question would be "What is a true Hero?"

>tfw a good gyro place opened near my house a few weeks ago

The archetypical hero of Humanity is a man who goes out into the chaos of the unknown, slays the dangerous beasts lurking there, and shares the spoils of that conquest with his tribe.
youtube.com/watch?v=gzmZzO7kaqs

Ask it in a tortilla (whole grain if you think that matters) and it's basically diet food.

>posting white supremacists
Go back to /pol/.

>Karl Marx
>doing anything right.

His drivel directly led to countless people being killed and tormented at the hands of ideologues that followed Marxism.
Marx was not a hero by any stretch of the imagination. At best he was a fool who did not realize the full implications his theories would have if put to practice, though far more likely, he was a malicious and resentful cunt who knew full well that for his communistic utopia to become reality, countless people would have to die.

I would post Laci Green or some dumb left wing cunt but I don't save pictures of pigs.

Everyone should listen to Jordan Peterson's lectures on hero archetypes and the evolution of such cultural constructs. It is illuminating stuff.

The idea of a hero is something that mankind developed over countless generations, and the archetypical hero can be found all across human cultures.

How is JohnTron a white supremacist?

>Laci Green
Why would I want you to post that traitorous bitch?
>dumb left wing
It's the who're dumb Republicans.

Being perceived as one.

He debated Destiny where he advocated for "nations for whites", which really just means fuck brown people.

> "nations for whites", which really just means fuck brown people.
How?
I mean, in case of murrica, that is pretty hypocritical, but why shouldn't for example, Swedes wish that their nation remains a homeland for white people who are Swedes (nonwhites can't be Swedes).

He argued against preferential treatment of Muslims in immigration policies.

Underrated.

Which is just fuck brown people who don't follow my religion.
>Swedes (nonwhites can't be Swedes).
Fuck off racist.

Which is both racist and disgusting. People like that have no place on a safe subreddit like Veeky Forums.

>Fuck off racist.
That's not a racist statement you moron.
I can't be Japanese no matter what I try. To be Japanese, I'd have to be Asian and specifically, of Japanese descent.

Same applies to non whites living in Europe. They cannot be Finns, Swedes, or Germans, because those are distinct ETHNCITIES of people, and those ethnicities happen to be WHITE.

I can't be Sudanese if I just say so, nor can a Sudanese person be a Finn if he/she just wants to be one.
To be part of a people, you need more than just a fucking passport of the nation. It is a bloody fucking shame that our nations have forgotten that at their core, the nationstates of Europe are ETHNOSTATES of different European peoples. A non-Finn will never be my kin no matter what.

>That's not a racist statement you moron.
It is a racist statement, bigot.
>I can't be Japanese no matter what I try. To be Japanese, I'd have to be Asian and specifically, of Japanese descent.
Incorrect, you need to integrate with the society, ethnicity is a non argument for establishing whether someone belongs to a given country.
>Same applies to non whites living in Europe. They cannot be Finns, Swedes, or Germans, because those are distinct ETHNCITIES of people, and those ethnicities happen to be WHITE.

This one took me longer than I care to admit.

I want /leftypol/ to go and stay go.

Or the one guy who's been shitting up threads all night, anyway.

He argued against preferential treatment of Muslims (not saying they should not be treated fairly, but putting them above other groups is off) and he got witch hunted. Every debate other youtubers had with him were just them baiting him with one-sided questions and then going "AHA YOU ARE A WHITE SUPREMACIST!"

cont.
Ethnicity has nothing to do with belonging to a nation.
>I can't be Sudanese if I just say so, nor can a Sudanese person be a Finn if he/she just wants to be one.
Wrong.
>the nationstates of Europe are ETHNOSTATES of different European peoples.
No, they're nationstates that accept anybody of any race or culture, unlike those awful times like in the 20th century.
>A non-Finn will never be my kin no matter what.
Fucking racist.

>one guy
Did it ever occur to you you're just outnumbered by rational people like me and , who know to call you what you vermin are, racist bigots.

>ethnicity is a non argument for establishing whether someone belongs to a given country.
This would be hilarious if the post hadn't mentioned Japanese, to whom ethnicity matters a ton. A non-Japanese man in Japan who busts his ass and puts in 21 hours a day for his company and does excellent work will always get passed up for promotions at a certain point in favor of a native Japanese worker, even a woman, and even if their work ethic is less.

To have songs of your name spread by travelling minstrels, your deeds recorded in countless tomes!
To have the next generation look to you in awe - just like you looked up to your heroes!
Surely everything aside from that doesn't matter in the slightest.

And they're slowly dying out, just as those racist bigots deserve.

>It is a racist statement, bigot.
Based on what?
And even if it is, it doesn't change that it is fucking factual.

>Incorrect, you need to integrate with the society, ethnicity is a non argument for establishing whether someone belongs to a given country.
Blatantly wrong.
Japanese people would never fucking see me as Japanese, because to them, I'd always be a foreigner. Even if I had kids with a Japanese woman, they would not regard them as Japanese because they would be obviously fucking mixed.
Ethnicity is fucking everything in determining if you belong to a group of people or not, and ultimately nations are large groups of people bonded over shared culture, history, language and roots. It is utterly foolish lunacy to think that just because our legal system thinks that you belong to a nation just because you have it's passport, that magically transforms you into a member of that group of people.

>Ethnicity has nothing to do with belonging to a nation.
Not legally right now, but laws can and will be changed over time.
However, in terms of actual belonging, it has everything to do with it. Humans are tribal animals and we tend to favor and bond with members of our OWN tribe, instead that of foreigners. Blatantly different ethnic groups will always see each other as foreigners which is breeding grounds for strife.

>Wrong.
No, it is precisely correct. I will never fucking be a black man, and thank god for that.

>No, they're nationstates that accept anybody of any race or culture, unlike those awful times like in the 20th century.
Legally maybe, but non-whites will never be accepted as Finns by the majority of my people because we Finns know that to be Finnish you need to actually fucking be a Finn. We are our distinct ethnicity dipshit and black person can never be a Finn.

>Fucking racist.
Not an argument.
And if being racist benefits my tribe, I have zero qualms about being a racist bastard.

>It's the who're dumb Republicans.
Not helping your case there.

Heroism is probably best considered as the successful inspiration of others to improve by their own terms and desires.

"Perspective" is too simple an answer to qualify Heroism, because it suggests that anyone who's worshiped is a hero.

"Doing what you know is right" is too subjective; That would count a fair high number of terrorists and genocidal maniacs, who genuinely believed in their heart of hearts that what they did was for the good of Mankind. The general consensus on what is right and what is wrong -has- to matter.

So yeah. It's anyone who, by virtue of their own actions being good, inspires other people to do good.

Or is it the way he fights every day?

No it's probably the titties

And the leftist shows his pathological genocidal mindset.
How typical.

Isn't wishing an entire race to die pretty racist in itself? Pot, kettle, yada yada.

Not that user. I'm fairly leftist myself and I think that guy's an asshat. Race is 100% a social construct (ethnicity is not), and it's silly to pretend you can be a race just by integrating into a society. You can integrate into a nationality, but definitely not a race, and certainly not an ethnicity

>Race is 100% a social construct
Excuse me?
Did you make a spelling mistake or something?
Because race is most definitely, not a social construct. You can see if people are of different race than you by the color of their damn skin.

>punching spurdo.jpg
You're from /pol/, aren't you? I bet you're pathetic neet loser who's never even talked to a woman.
>Based on what?
The fact that it's racist.
>And even if it is, it doesn't change that it is fucking factual.
No, it isn't.
>Japanese people
I'm going to skip ahead and say that the Japanese are dying out precisely because they don't allow "foreigners" to integrate.
>Not legally right now, but laws can and will be changed over time.
Not to Nazi tier laws like yours.
>muh tribe
Go live like a caveman.
Oh wait, you're probably a Neanderthal anyway, my mistake.
>No, it is precisely correct. I will never fucking be a black man, and thank god for that.
>Being so jealous of people of colour that you need to go out of your way to say that you don't want to be them.
>Legally maybe, but non-whites will never be accepted as Finns by the majority of my people because we Finns know that to be Finnish you need to actually fucking be a Finn. We are our distinct ethnicity dipshit and black person can never be a Finn.
And eventually they'll see the light or go the way of the Japanese.
>Not an argument.
>And if being racist benefits my tribe, I have zero qualms about being a racist bastard.
I'd be mad, but no ones going to want to go out with a Nazi like you.
I want them to see the light and know that what they're doing is wrong, if they want to be blind a go towards their doom despite being warned, then good.
And you're a traitor to the cause.

Holy shit how much trolling are you going to accomplish before they catch on

Like goddamn you referred to Veeky Forums as a subreddit and everything

How did they not get this yet

WHY ARE YOU DISCUSSING !!!LEAST!!! FUN AND HEROIC PART OF FUCKING BLEAK CESSPOOL CALLED "REALITY" IN A THREAD ABOUT HEROES

He's baiting you dumbass.

Because real heroes fight against injustice in the real world, like racist bigots who deny people basic human rights based on the color of their skin.

Biologically speaking, the difference between whites and blacks or any other race is not enough to be given the proper term of "race". By strict defintion, humans don't break up into race. If i remember correctly, aboriginal australians and I think east asians are the most biologically dissimilar, but it is still negligible across the entire genome.

Saitama did basically destroy his reputation and let the public think he's a glory-hogging fraud so that they wouldn't lose faith in the rest of the Hero Association.

Even if this is b8, I'll bite for the heck of it.

> I bet you're pathetic neet loser who's never even talked to a woman.
Nice projection.

>The fact that it's racist.
There is nothing wrong with racism. You have not provided any reasoning why favoring your own people above others is wrong.

>No, it isn't.
Yes it is. Having Finnish passport does not magically transform you into a Finn. Finns are a distinct ethnicity of people.

>I'm going to skip ahead and say that the Japanese are dying out precisely because they don't allow "foreigners" to integrate.
Lol no. Their population is decreasing because their island is overpopulated. The population will reach an equilibrium that their island can sustain in time. There is zero need for there to be constant population growth. Only people who benefit from it are bankers who get a fresh supply of people to whom to issue loans to.

>Not to Nazi tier laws like yours.
Yes if "nazi tier" men like me get into power senpai. 25 percent of Finns are willing to vote for a "screw the migrants, get out of EU, close the fucking border" party, and we aren't even Sweden tier in terms of the cancer of multiculturalism.

>Go live like a caveman.
We are biologically still cavemen m8. Society has changed, but our biology is still largely the same, including our tribal inclinations.

>>Being so jealous of people of colour that you need to go out of your way to say that you don't want to be them.
Why would I want to be a nigger?

>And eventually they'll see the light or go the way of the Japanese.
Lol no. We are growing more nationalistic by the day.

>I'd be mad, but no ones going to want to go out with a Nazi like you.
Again with the projection.

And if valuing the survival of my people makes me a nazi, then Heil Hitler I guess. My great uncle was in the Finnish volunteer SS forces, so I guess I'm just honoring family tradition.