Space Marine Successor Chapters

Looking for inspiring colour schemes, and sweet fluff.

>Bonus points for OC and painted army pics

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/294911-lightbringers/
fiction.live/stories/Chapter-Master-Ultima-Founding/fMqNRuzGmG9ZeHCek/home
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A simple article on how to create your own chapter, might be useful for you.

Thanks!

bumping for the emperor!

Is that a canon chapter? I really dig that yellow and black.

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/294911-lightbringers/

Not my army.

Bigger Thing.

Kinda looks like an Immortal.

>Anyone got more info on pic related?

I think that was just a painting/modeling contest entry. Don't think there was anymore on it ever.

If I'm painting Golden Halos, what color should I paint their guns? I figure a black gun over a black body isn't going to be a very good scheme. I was considering red, but that clashes with the patrician Black/Gol scheme they have going on.

How about yellow/gold on the plating of the bolter and leave the rest black??

Gold plating might be neat. I'd be afraid it's excessive, but it could work. Alternatively dark grey, but that's no fun.

white with gold or silver detailing.

Also neat, a high contrast scheme, though. How about off-white to bone with the possibility of dark grey for the boring parts of the gun (grips and whatnot) and maybe gold or silver detailing?

>How did I do?

Could do a marble look for the casing and a blued metal for the rest

that's kind what I was going for with , but I think your suggestion is a better variation

That'd be pretty neat, as I do already have a shitty Tarantula whose casing is painted like marble (though poorly painted).

I made it out of a Knight's foot and a Razorback's Heavy Bolter turret.

The Mortifactors are a pretty cool Chapter, and are in my opinion the best Ultramarines successor, they have a baller scheme and They collect the skulls of worthy enemies to display in their fortress monastery, They also drink eachothers blood and have cool chaplains and shit. They are also prone to being superstitious and weird

I like it, going to do a paint scheme similar for a new Primaris chapter that solely helps the inquisition, ala Black and Red scheme

What is it about primaris marines that make people want to go absolutely ballistic on them?

More sections on their armor to color?

I'd go for a darker red, like on the shoulder pads.

>inspiring color schemes
How much do you like Boltgun?
>sweet fluff
How much do you like getting wrecked by Necrons, Pirates, and Necron Pirates?

I'm too ashamed to show mine off(First Army, I play Salamander's and Tau now)

But I love my Silver Skulls. They may or may not be Loyalist Iron Warriors. WHO KNOWS?!?!?!?

But yeah, they're a Codex compliant chapter with a little spice of flavor of taking their enemies skulls, coating them in silver and displaying them as trophies. They also call their Librarians Prognosticators and give them more reverence than regular chapters. I used to ask for a single skull from my opponents Bitz bin if I won and/or killed his warlord. My Captain, Rubicon, used to carry with him a Tomb Kings skeleton head on his belt after a big apocalypse game we did where he charged in and killed the Thousand Sons Sorcerer and his unit of terminators.

My friend told me of a CSM player he knew, and every time he beat an opponent, he would add a copy of one of their team's helmets or other bodyparts, paintscheme and all, to his trophy racks. That guy didn't ask, though it didn't seem hugely rude.

I might be tempted to commemorate such victories, but I'm certainly going to ask.

Also there's a number of people who have painted rings on the barrels of their Stormlords to commemorate Titan kills. That's always fun.

Just started my 1st 40k army with my dudes.

The tentative name is Star Serpent, they are a very new Astartes Chapter, founded during the Ultima Founding, after Girlyman's resurruction.

It is a Salamander successor chapter. Chapter Master was a reknown Salamander captain who took down a corrupted Warlord Titan single-handedly.

[Spoiler] However the Chapter Master is secretly an Alpha Legion sleeper. He knows he is a sleeper, and has prepared accordingly. Whose side he is really on is a secret. [/spoiler]

The color is a reflection on its origin, a homage to the Salamander and Alpha Legion.

The Chapter tactic is a mix of two. They are big on humanitarian effort, but also ruthless to anyone who tried to impede their work.

Like, all how shady folks use their charity funds to do good and shady stuff.

fiction.live/stories/Chapter-Master-Ultima-Founding/fMqNRuzGmG9ZeHCek/home

Even started running a quest to chronicle my dudes, that's how invested I am.

Love how the backpack turned out.

I think I going to steal the trophy gimmick. It is cute as fuck.

chad marines allow you to revive this scheme