WWII era fantasy

Looking for more art like this. Will post more as I find it.

How will this setting even work?

Valkyria Chronicles is set in a fantasy WWII world. Could be worth checking for you if you don't mind Japanese shit

>Valkyria Chronicles

look more like WWI than WWII

So does all of OP's images, whats your point?

It's WWII.

Seconding this. The artbooks for the game are fantastic, and they're up on ehentai.

The guy misspoke. It is fantasy WWII, in that this is the second world war in that universe. But the tech is way behind.

I was about to scrutinize at how very little there is in this thread but then realised I don't even have any ww2 fantasy myself!

Are you serious?

>wearing armor
>carrying sabers
>Revolvers

Yes?

>asks for WWII fantasy art
>posts 17th century French musketeer stuff
Did you all fall asleep in history class?

I miss Valkyrie Chronicles 1's grounded aesthetic, before it became this:

Apparently his name is Operator 28

Marvellous.

Fullmetal Alchemist is pretty 1940s-ish.

Raise a glass to Mad Jack. Just make it a glass of the good stuff, I refuse to believe the crazy bastard is actually dead.

>rails on a sword

For what purpose?

For their scopes duh

literally a meme npc

>japanese shit
its just a vidya gaem senpai, not even anime lmao

VC is PRETTY fucking anime, down to the pointless cute animal mascot and the obligatory beach episode.

It balances that with being a war drama. The sequels get worse, much much worse.

Yes, moving propaganda tower to heal my troops

>WW2
>French musketeers
What did OP mean by this?

Maybe if your idea of WW1 comes from Battlefield 1.

They have tanks, they have bazookas, they have man-portable machine guns, they have radio for troops, many items not found during WW1 in the personal life as well,...
It's WW2 as it gets, the game was even modeled after a not!Belgium invasion.

It's basically early WW2, but you wouldn't know how that looked like considering you don't even know the war begun until you finally dragged your ass over for D-Day several years later.

Spoken like someone who truly drank /v/'s cool-aid.
Valkyria 3 is for the most part as grounded as Valkyria 1 and it is a million times better as a game since it doesn't suffer from the OP scout syndrome and has been improved a lot in general.

/v/, however, got very pissed about it being a Japanese exclusive, so they took the one promotional image they could find to push this meme about the game being complete Final Fantasy style giga-weapon JRPG. It is not. It has one character with an oversized machine gun and one class that can take warhammers which the enemy does not use and you won't use either because it's not all that great.

It uses the same aesthetic and the same gameplay, just improved. Story and characters are also much better than in VC1.

I would say it's closer to WWII and the tech level wobbles around, but on average I would put it slightly prior to WWII, maybe at Spanish civil war levels.

That's Ravness from Tactics Ogre, btw

I got the impression it might be a bit "edgy" storywise,since the squad was presented as somewhat of a penal batallion. I liked the story of VC1, to be honest. How different is the third game?

Dude, are you serious? That looks like 18 centruy, except the revolver which is 19 century.

When you need that sweet inspire courage bonus

Polished gameplay, they already improved a ton on it with VC2 but that one kind of does deserve the flack it gets.
It is longer than VC1 by about 20 or so hours.
Much better and involved characters. the original Valkyria was more about the setting. The characters were not all that interesting.
The unit is not a penal battalion, but this weird mix of French Foreign Legion and later on an SS squad (as in, people who operate more independently of the army and deeper in the enemy territory).
There's a lot more customization and character progression. You can do a lot more with the Eidlewiss successor, characters themselves have a ton of subclasses to the main ones (which is all the VC1 classes plus the Armored Mechanic, which are the guys who deploy cover, get rid of mines and can build up to wield the massive hammers).
There's multi-map battles where you fight a battle simultaenosly in a few different places, have to split up your people between them and they influence each other.
With the numerous side-classes, it's also possible to change classes for the characters.
You can also carry your injured soldiers on your back to have them available much sooner.
And then a whole lot of balancing all around the place.

Is this becoming a Valkyria Chronicles thread?
I'm okay with that

>a not!Belgium invasion

Low Countries as a whole. Most of the names on the world map are from Flanders and the Netherlands, too. First time I saw it, I thought it was a joke. Especially because they name towns after provinces, and provinces after towns. Weird Japs.

It was held back by it's hardware, sadly.

You forgot the generic moe blob two toned hair love interest whose a ditz with big tits oh and she's a valkyria too for no reason

Or the fact that all the squad members are charicatures and bog standard anime cardboard cutouts

Alicia's booty is not that big

It's a weird Franco-Dutch hybrid (much like Belgium, kek). Your points are right, but the country it all takes place in is called Gallia.

>First time I saw it, I thought it was a joke.

Japs take their comical world reinterpretations VERY seriously.

Just look at the world of Strangereal (yes, strange but real) with such imaginative nations as USeA, cities like Los Cansas and places like Petrol Coast.

Yeah, but Valkyria Chronicles just takes names directly from real life. I'm looking at a city called Westerschelde, which is a RIVER in real life. Fucking Terneuzen is on the map twice, once as a town and the other time as a province. In two different empires. I don't even...

>>Or the fact that all the squad members are charicatures and bog standard anime cardboard cutouts
And that was different in VC1 how? As far as I remember that shit was pretty anime, too. Even had the whole imouto-angle going, a big titted oneesan character, some flamboyant guy dude etc etc

>Fucking Terneuzen is on the map twice, once as a town and the other time as a province. In two different empires. I don't even...

IRL we had two Yorks and Amsterdams as well.

>muskets
>fencers
>WW2

fucking kill yourself

All history prior to 1995 is pretty much the same.

Truuuuuuu

Fucking Washington is on the map twice, once as a city and the other time as a state.

Love the insignia this squad has

>Ctrl+f
>No dust tactics

A Jack Churchill graphic novel would be great.

>obligatory beach episode.
>ywn have a beach episode in a military anime where it's a naval invasion

Not that guy but no. VC1 had some japanese archetypes but it was toned down to not stick out like a sore thumb. The characters were believable and were not acting like my chiniese cartoons most of the time.
Than they decided to throw it overboard and go all the way hentai with it in VC2 with your generic taiwanese highschool cliches. In VC3 they toned it down a bit but it was still nowhere close to VC1. In VC1 every character felt like a real person ,especially those who you recruited and were not involved in the cutscenes. There were some walking caricatures like edy for sure but they were few in comparison to a huge roster.

Gork?

Why carry mag pouches if you dont have a firearm?

So you can attach useless shit like americans do to their rifles.

source sauce

This entire thread

GEE HANS WHY DOES THE HAUPTMANN LET YOU HAVE TWO RAKETENWERFERS

>when you take pride in the fact that your shitty third world military is too poor to afford things like 'optics' and 'flashlights'

Bro bagpipes are the coolest instrument for a ww2/ww1 fantasy setting

>WWII
>France
They have a distinct lack of a German boot stepping on their head.

Who make better Nazis, orcs or elves?

Have some Ma.K m8

its a scifi, but it based on WW2 anyway

>xDDDD it's funny because they lost that war le cheese eating surrender monkey amirite

>Kaiserreich
Am I the only one who thinks this entire setting started out with a plausible premise and went full retard with it?