Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder)

Mundane Gear Edition:

What sorts of non-magical/alchemical gear do you always grab? Anything you take for granted?

/pgg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
current playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Current /sfg/ thread: Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9
paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljva?New-Paths-Among-the-Stars-Compatibility#discuss
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Paizo Games General
>When the only Paizo Game we can discuss is Pathfinder
>Does this make this Pathfinder General?

Stop your autism, user.

Who's looking forward to Adventurer's Armory in a few days?

its anticipatory yadda yadda i don't care really.

You stop yours first.

Gonna abuse Butchering Axe to max out vital strike shenanigans

One build I've got can get up to truly ridiculous numbers of d6s

Aren't we all?

Mercurial Duelist is truly fun.

Playing a Cleric/Gunslinger (basically) who follows a dwarven deity of knowledge, craftsmanship and technology. We're using Torag for a lot of appearances and the like.

I'm probably going to be benching him for a while to focus on a lot of the repair work, crafting and other down-time efforts for the party's projects. I nabbed Leadership a while ago to gather a mixed bag of religious followers and practical professionals that have been carrying a lot of the weight of the background stuff like that, but at this point I'm going to need the whole casterlevel dealy and personal attention (magic trains, air-ships, and KEEPING OUR GROWING ROSTER OF HORRIBLY EVIL AND MORALLY QUESTIONABLE NPCS WE HAVE WORKING FOR US from violating the terms of their contracts) so I'm putting together a cohort.

I want to have their core goal/concept being someone that wants to Craft something but not in the physical sense.

>Creating a fighting style.
>Building a nation.
>Developing a legacy.

That sort of thing. Got any suggestions or ideas on what classes might support this, or other things to create sans the craft (int) skill.

Every party should have at least one massive Oni girl in it.

Responding to autism doesn't make you autistic, and this is coming from someone who literally doesn't care what our thread is called as long as it's accurate, and if we get the occasional Starfinder related question in here then it's accurate to call this the Paizo general thread.

Getting away from that for a moment however, how has your night been gents? My character died tonight, so that was fun.

I'd hoped mine would.

Expanding spamming Monk/Psions count?

That image is a reference to the Farseer Trilogy, isn't it.

Except for the fact that the fox pin was lost to the Forged who attacked Fitz after stealing some of his clothes

So i know that the conversion between Starfinder and Pathfinder isn't going to be One to One.

How easy do you think characters can be swapped over?

Fitz had a hard life

I don't even know how I should feel about tonight, I've got this razor-sharp focus going on right now where time seems to have slowed to a crawl, but absolutely no drive to use it constructively because it's due to stress on stuff I'm doing tomorrow.

> ensoulment has no apps in 5 days
> finally tapped out

So is this a record on applications? Given the hype I can't see another game doing better.

... I sort of hope it's a sausage game. People have been shitting on the male apps so hard. It would be fantastic.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home (Posting a new listing, check update post for more information)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court (Closing in 4 Days)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia (Closing in 6 Days)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous (Closing in 2 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9 (Closing in 2 Weeks)

I am so happy Ensoulment is finally ending, holy shit. Once it is done with will we finally be free from meme games?

>Given the hype I can't see another game doing better.
People said the same of Blingmaker and of RotJR before that.

He also had no quills and had to make scribe's brushes out of Nighteyes' fur

The Ensoulment apps are padded out by deletions. People've withdrawn, changed characters with new posts, and moved their app for attention. I think WotRaunchy and Overlewd will still hold a higher final app count.

Hi, Alien.

>Once it is done with will we finally be free from meme games?
People also said this of Blingmaker and RotJR before that. It will never end.

have kanabo. will travel.

Land of the Linnorm Kings... It's coming...

I suppose we have the Linnworm game, it will likely be the next big meme.

Of course not.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And after that there are still plenty of parts of this setting that /pgg/ thirsts to see. Taldor or Galt would be my bet.

>All those busty blonde Viking girls

Sorry, it's one of my favorite series. And I know it's not meant to simulate the Tawny Man Trilogy because he's missing the plain sword Fool told him to pick up and all the charms he got from Jinna

>beautiful busty mute bards

Speaking of which, are Blingmaker and Overlewd still running?

Tits are overrated, fuck off normalfags.

I have at least six Oni-girls in my back up character pile waiting for a campaing. two of them are punch girls, two are kanabo experts. One of them is an Ungermaw.

Both are still running.

>Alluring Tian Bard from the Jade Quarter

W-Why is she adventuring?

Are you high? Tits are great, man. Especially when they're on a woman with a shapely ass and thicc thighs.

Breast reduction magic doesn't come cheap.

Thiccfags are actually cancer

>Breast reduction

Because she's been sheltered all her life as a trained musician, but she finally wants to go out and see the world for herself and maybe find someone with which to share her voice
She's not actually mute, but just so incredibly shy and introverted that she can't speak to anyone else

Why wouldn't they be?

>Bow is strung but the bowstring isn't taunt

Shit bow.

>but just so incredibly shy and introverted that she can't speak to anyone else

This combined with absurd confidence in her supernaturally beautiful singing voice is the best.

Your threadly reminder that Linnorm game will not be an open, 'apply with your meme characters and march them around' type of app.

Wasn't Sona half-Asian? Wouldn't be any stretch to say the beautiful busty mute bard is the daughter of an Ulfen and Tien, there's even a trait for that.

Still worse than double hackbut for bucket of dice though, it's giving nothing new in that regard.

She's basically tian raised on a superior ulfen diet.

how do you make kineticist do decent damage or be even remotely viable

3PP on the table?

A Butcher's Axe is more likely to be in most home settings than a Double Hackbut, at least.

A butchering ax is literally just a REALLY FUCKING HUGE ax

I buy out the Adventure's Armory, of course. I like to keep marbles, oil, and caltrops handy, usually in the same jar, for ground hazard shenanigans. It's always good to keep string, magnets, mirrors, wire, and poles handy for jurry-rigging stuff. I always keep a dagger and a ranged weapon handy on any kind of character in case all else fails.

They go over it here:

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljva?New-Paths-Among-the-Stars-Compatibility#discuss

Make sure to read the discussion area. Devs post additional stuff there

What do you mean?

Is there an undead race similar to WoW Forsaken? Intelligent skeletons basically.

1pp without templates, the closest you're going to get is dhampir (and that's pretty far from what you want).

Hey,

I'm starting up a new PFS character and I'm looking to have some fun with it. I've got access to a handful of race boons (aasimar, ratling, grippli...) and I'd be fine using one, but I'd like to have something fairly unique and it's got fun mechanics that's a double plus.

What sort of shenanigans should I get up to?

You don't.

Honestly, best elements are Air and Earth.

>PFS
For your sake, please don't.

PFS is pretty much a no fun zone. However, there was an user around recently who was offering real cash for race boons.

If you're looking for help in PFS you're in probably the worst place imaginable, pretty much nobody here likes what they do there and a lot of the nerfs, bans, and just outright stripping of literally anything that allows some classes to function properly (poor gunslinger) makes it a nightmare for the people here to appreciate. You're better off asking the people on Paizo's official forums or the Pathfinder subreddit.

Woah, I'm new to this stuff and had no idea there was a lot of vitriol. The local groups seem to have a lot of fun with it so I thought I'd give it a try.

Why the hate? What sort of hell am I getting into?

PFG hates it because they hate 1pp rules, and any restrictions whatsoever being placed on character building.

If you're able accept that not every character fits every game, then you'll be fine. I've had plenty of good experiences in PFS.

If you don't mind porting over from 3.0, Necropolitans from Libris Mortis are probably the best fit for that.

I'm mostly speaking for myself but it's less hate and more violently disappointed. Probably one of the biggest ones is the fact that there's just straight up an outright ban on anything and everything having to do with crafting, which means that (like in my example earlier) if you're playing a gunslinger you're guaranteedly screwed as that means you have to buy your bullets at full gold cost, which heavily eats into your gold as bullets are ungodly expensive. This is despite the fact that it states in the Gunslinger's OWN LEVELUP PATH that they gain the ability to craft bullets from literally level 1, and you've stripped that away from them.

In addition, the amount of actual gold that you're going to have to work with will be severely limited even when compared to most APs, which means that for levels 1-5 martials are king because they can swing their sword more than 5 times (including misses) and still actually do damage afterwards, 6-8 things are somewhat even, and from there onwards casters rule the day because they can get around their shortcomings with gold with their spells.

You get around this by getting "points" that you can use for things like getting resurrected or getting wands of Cure Light, but it doesn't make up for the lack of actual gold you'd otherwise want to spend elsewhere.

What about 3pp?

I had forgotten about them. I might be able to swing them.

3pp doesn't really have much either, the closest you're going to get is the Skeleton Warrior template (which personally I think is the most balanced template when it comes to stat increases, though you'll probably want to ignore the flavor bits) but even that isn't a species in and of itself.

>if you're playing a gunslinger you're guaranteedly screwed as that means you have to buy your bullets at full gold cost,

user pls. That's factually untrue.

The guide says anyone with Gunsmithing can obtain bullets and blackpowder at 10% listed cost (as if they crafted them, and succeeded on the craft check). They can also purchase Alchemical Ammunition at a 50% discount (provided they have 1 rank in Craft Alchemy), again, as if they'd succeeded on a craft check.

>the amount of actual gold that you're going to have to work with will be severely limited even when compared to most APs

Wealth By Level for a PFS character is usually 20%-ish higher than recommended, to make up for the lack of a crafting Wizard.

Oh well. Thank you anyways user.

By RAW in PFS you cannot have ranks in Craft because they do not want you to craft in PFS, which means that you cannot gain either of those benefits and thus have to purchase them at full cost. Trust me, I've heard this directly from two friends of mine who confirmed this at a PFS group in my area and had an in-depth discussion about it with the people there to verify.

>By RAW in PFS you cannot have ranks in Craft

user... whoever told you that is a literal retard.

You can absolutely have ranks in Craft skills, there's even a mechanic to grant extra gold at the end of a scenario for succeeding on Craft checks of varying difficulties. Same goes for Profession and Perform.

So people don't like the lack of third party and the wealth controls? Honestly, I can't imagine a way to have magic item crafting available without allowing for some hearty breaks in the system. It kinda makes sense that it's limited.

And third party not being legal seems pretty common sense. I've never seen a global campaign that didn't have pretty much these exact two restrictions built in. It kinda comes with the territory.

3pp has Obito

There are also some pretty heavy restrictions one 1pp content as well. Most notably, Evil alignments, and anything mechanically associated with them is perma-banned,

Really what it comes down to is that this is a real life example of asking a Chaotic aligned group of people what they think about playing in a very restricted, Lawfully aligned system. Even if the restrictions were light the fact that there are any at all would set some people off here.

See: that one guy who tried to start an IG group and got run off after his chargen rules included a banlist.

Gotcha. Puts things in perspective.

Again, pretty much expected from a global campaign. Can't exclude the younglings.

I'm picking up the issues are pretty much "global campaigns have restrictions so fuck that" more so than "Pathfinder Society is bad in and of itself."

>light restrictions
It's more the fact that 1pp pathfinder stinks. And many of the restrictions are really arbitrary.

The scenarios themselves are also generally terrible.

Can we do portrait requests here? I'm looking for sumfing for an orc / half-orc geisha.

Closer to this type of Orc than wc3 hulking savages.

Isn't the necropolitans shtick that they basically have an anti-soul given by the negative energy plane, rather than the regular 'soul' given by positive energy plane.

This is pretty much the exact thing you're looking for. Literal half-orc courtesan from Kaoling.

One thing that people also don't mention very often is as long as your character adheres to the PFS rules you can be the biggest sort of problem player munchkin ever, and a PFS dm cannot say no to you.

So a lot of people who've gotten kicked out of groups or are otherwise horrible social rejects even by our admittedly low standards, congregate in PFS games.

Holy shit.

I don't waifu at all, really...but she's doing something to me.

>3PP
late response, but yeah or your own homebrew options

focused on ranged attacks, rather than melee

Needs cute tusks.

>Paizo Games General
>when there's a Starfinder General
What games other than Pathfinder is discussed here?

It's time to stop.

Look up Distant Shores, it's pretty good. This is pretty much all the relevant information on your newest waifu of the hour.

His banlist was the stupidest thing imaginable as many choices were completely arbitrary.
It did not inspire any confidence in the GM's system mastery and was also a sign that they were unable to trust players to make something fitting.

Here's your (you)

>Cute smile
>Shirt off the shoulder

That's the case for intelligent undead in general IIRC. The necropolitan's shtick is being a player friendly option by doing pretty much nothing besides making you undead. No high entry requirement like lichdom, no big list of powers that come with crippling LA like vampires.

Correct. Intelligent undead have souls, they're just negative energy souls rather than positive ones.

This would be a good reason as to why Pharasma hates undead so fucking much, since by making an intelligent undead you're basically making a soul that's outside her beloved system.

But Paizo's too dumb to think of that so they'll just keep going on about fucking nothing whenever they try to explain it.

LK2's Onslaught Blaster is pretty viable on the damage side as far as blasting goes. Granted, you lose most of the class's utility

>Undead are ALWAYS EVIL in the eyes of the gods because they operate outside the ruling system of soul investment banking
:thinking:

It's more that undead are evil because they are the polar opposites of life.

Aside from adding universal entropy by merely existing, in their default behavior they will destroy any and all life around them because it is abhorrent to them.

Lllllladies....