Is WoTC even trying anymore?

Is WoTC even trying anymore?

Seriously, this new card from Hour of Devastation is one of the most OP things I've ever seen.

Hell naw bro, you just suck dick.

What's it going to do on an empty board? -2 to plink your important T2 guys?

>Planeswalkers are OP

Hurr durr wizadds just wants moni from new cards

>Planeswalkers are bad

Hurr wizzads ain't even trying these cards suck

a large portion of players don't care if it is ugly or not, it is whether it is playable, broke, or valuable... the basic card art, not the image of the future sight cards were seen as pretty ugly... but tarmogoyf was really broken and had value from it. Mirror entity just looks so weird but is really good.
Samut PW is widely hated cus "muh brown masculan female planeswalker" but her ult is really good if able to get off, and while her -2 is kinda crap... double strike is very good in a decent mid range R/G deck

>up to 1, can use the +1 with no target...
>dumbass

>her ult is really good
Considering that most planeswalker ultis just win the game for you, what's the point if even saying this? Samut is terrible at keeping herself alive

But really, why is the main planeswalker from the Egyptian block not Egyptian? I thought WoTC was trying to be culturally sensitive now.

My point is that it's a win-more card, if you have no creatures and the enemy has 1 it's a dead play, you can play it for 5 or 6 life because it'll just get hit after doing a no target +1

Poor bait

idk why PW's need so much self protection... yea it is good for them, but does EVERY PW need it...
Also remember, R/G is not the type to be self preserving, just big bodies that like to be forced to fight things, step on them, and get swole...

Samut is shit right now but both her planeswalker and creature cards will be almost mandatory for Naya once Ixalan rolls around. Snap them up for dirt cheap now while you can.

Yes and R/G is also not the type to play 4 mana combat tricks, because if you don't impact the board for a turn you fall behind

For -2 you should be dealing atleast 3 or 4 damage divided how you chose. It's basically a 4 mana Twin Bolt, and that's shit.

>ugly
>useless
>shoehorned diversity

we're looking at a

The New KANGZ Order requires at least a certain amount of story-significant character to be KANGZ. As they say in Magic design, if a KANG is not at common (story-wize), it's not a KANG.

This will only see play in 5c superfriends commander decks.

Might even see less play than tibalt.

Honestly, I don't care that it's Samut and that she looks disgusting. What I do care about is how we're getting ANOTHER R/G walker. In the past 6 blocks we've had four (4) R/G walkers (Domri, Xenagos, Arlinn, Samut). And while I know that Samut wasn't intended to be in the same rotation as Arlinn, she's so much worse it's laughable. She's so much worse than every single walker in the set, damn near the history of the game. Even Chandra, who has some laughably bad versions of herself, at least had utilities on her like creatures she pings can't block, or -X for X damage so it's not just a god damned shock for -2 loyalty.
Why can't we have a G/B that interacts with the graveyard? Or an aggressive B/R? Or a U/B that isn't garbage? Or even more mono-walkers that don't involve what the gatewatch gang does over and over again? There's so much that can be done with them but we just get the same old color combos.

Not to god damned mention that we're getting ANOTHER NISSA, WHEN WE JUST HAD ONE IN THE LAST SET.

That Nissa is in the scrub deck though.

Is it confirmed that they're making another real version of her?

Scrub deck or not, she just had a PW deck in Kaladesh. That wasn't even a year ago. We don't have conformation, and PW decks are fairly new so it's hard to say "every walker that's been in a PW deck is in the set", but it wouldn't surprise me.

Tibalt is way better than people think, and Samut is busted.

Nowhere near as bad as the likes of Chandra Ablaze and Nahiri the Harbinger.

You're trying way too hard.

The only way Samut is busted is if you play her while Doubling Season is out, and that's just a replacement for Tooth and Nail or Defense of the Heart.

There are too many fucking Nissas in standard. We don't need 5 of the same walker.

We should have just 2 walkers for the big set and 1 for the small one. Could probably go up to 4 with the new standard if it's a one set visit to the plane, less if the next set would still be on the same plane.

It would be a good card for a planeswalker deck

Having ults do something big and flashy but be virtually unattainable in normal play is just boring design in my opinion. Planeswalkers from the start are just a boring concept, scrap the whole thing desu.

yeah basically
people just want to complain because they're unable to do anything else

>that feeling when saheeli rai is beautiful elegant diversity waifu planeswalker that broke standard and sees fringe play in Modern

Blue Always Wins, Baby.

So far every PW deck walker has also had a card in the main set.(Kaladesh, Aether Revolt, Amonkhet)

Even better: Samut was ALWAYS intended to be in rotation with Arlinn.
It's just BfZ/Oath that was supposed to be gone. SoI was always going to rotate with Ixalan.

Why could we get pic related instead of a Kangz

Blue gets Kiora, Saheeli, and Tamiyo (Nissa too I guess). Truly the sexiest waifu choices.

Because Amonkhet isn't egypt.

Don't delude yourself, Felidar Guardian was the card that did it. Saheeli, while a good character and card, didn't see play outside of cat combo.

We're just as likely to see a Farah in Amonkhet as a Pharah. Face it man, the eyeblights are here to stay.

t. someone hilariously shit at this game.
m8 this cards crap, complete and utter crap useless crap that nobody is gonna touch with a stick in any format what so ever.

And Wakanda isn't an African country.

How do I tell you this...Americans are stupid and they think that Egyptians were Blacks, now, Europe has such an inferiority complex that they will do whatever America does, so now they also are teaching in school Egyptians had Tupac like skin

Are you new to the game or something?

>Domri Rade and Arlinn Kord are better RG walkers
>Her ult doesn't instantly warp the game
>Can't protect herself

She's not bad, she's just not that good either.

Samut's ult CAN warp the game you imbecile, its tooth and nail that includes Planeswalkers ffs.

>Might see less play than Tibalt
Lets not get ahead of ourselves user. Have you ever actually seen someone use Tibalt? He's universally regarded as the worst walker ever printed.

Actually yes, yes I have. It was a Rakdos madness heavy deck, which is the only real deck that Tibalt is even decent in.

It would only be relevant if you will ever able to reach it, which is simply impossible seeing how every 4 mana walker outside skred and JTMS is useless, so kys retard.

Are you for real retarded? Compare that ult to something like Karn, Nicol Bolas, LotDR, bant Tamiyo, pissed off Ajani, the list goes on.

Its still a tooth and nail that includes Planeswalkers. Even if its slower, are you saying that Tooth and Nail CAN'T warp a game?

And madness was a mechanic that never really saw much use.

Then just use Tooth and Nail you fucking mongoloid. When you just cast TaN, you actually get to do it unless it's countered.

With Samut you have to pray for braindead opponents who will let her survive long enough to pull it off. If your opponents aren't in a coma,they'll hate her out and you've spent 4 mana on nothing.

What does this even mean

>never saw much use
Were you even born in the time of Invasion-Odyssey standard, aka the best standard ever? UG Madness was a top tier deck made of mostly commons and uncommons. RUG Madness would never use Tibalt either, random discard fucking sucks.

PMS Nahiri, Jace AoT, UGIN

Not to mention Izzet alone has Deck and Saheeli, the 2 best multicolor walkers ever printed.

*Dack