/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

i miss challenges edition

Previous shitposts
>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
List Builder
It was murdered
Download a writing utensil and some paper

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Shitsters of Basshole aka Adeptus Shitsenioritas

I claim dis thread for da boyz

I claim it for da gurlz though.

Do you use snipers in your 8th edition army? How do they perform?

Either plastic sisters are coming soon or they're being squated in favor of female Primaris. Honestly don't care which, just want girls in power armor.

I wonder how long until Cawl starts using traitor geneseed? Has he already?

ADEPTA SLUTICUS

WAAAAAAAGGH

The piranha and the riptide are stand ins for a XV109 with ATS+TL and a Barracuda AX-5-2 with railgun+ion blasters
the commander with mult-tracker+velocity tracker is a stand in for an XV84 with drone controller+2 missile pods

Rate my list please

They're garbage, no point usinf them

What do you think about Hierophant?

>Beautiful Sexy Woman, everyone who thinks otherwise is gay

can't even steal the face of that girl from naruto without making her look exactly like a man

See? Big choppas>power klaws this time around. This git knows.

>shitsters
>female

Guys, it looks like Primaris is going to replace the classic marines.

I'm scared boys.

No this thread here is technology which belongs to us
Claiming it in the name of the Omnissiah

Good thing I play Guard.
Liked enough to keep getting rules
Not popular enough to get replaced with Chads.

you only realized this now?

He probably has already. He's definitely loyal but Machiavellian even for 40K standards. In any case primaris have been fighting only for roughly 100 years so most of them are newbies to Chaos and after reading Dark imperium it won't come as anyone's surprise to see some of them fall to it.

The emperor protects. Fear not!

Yeah it's basically spelled out clearly in Dark Imperium.

Unless it's all a swerve, of course.

Felix almost does, doesn't he? Saved by a Librarian.

That's a tankhammer ya git

Protects you from what, looking in a mirror and seeing that disgusting man face?

yep, pretty sure Felix has latent psychic abilities too. Also it was interesting to see how they showed Khorne's temptation in an otherwise super standard, exemplary primarine

Nice shoot good melee but a little expensive

Right, so how should a mediocre painter attempt to go about painting a Skitarii army?

I wonder if all Primaris are. Those three new organs in their brains maybe?

R8 my primate

Sorry for the phone post

Lead belcher/khorne red/agrax on everything

D O N E

Its nice to kill another titan and sheety against swarms

>not Assdeptus Shitsenioritas

Are you even trying?

Looks great. What chapter? If ho!ebrew, lore?

okay, so I may need some help.

See, I've got a friend who is willing to split the cost for the Dark Imperium box, as I really only want the Nurgle and my buddy wants the Primaris. We would each pay half, and I would get the rule-books, more or less.

But as we both are Poorfags, we wondered if it is better to wait and buy the "Know no fear" box instead, and supplement it with the "easy to build" figures, as it would be cheaper? We've calculated the miniatures we'd both lose out on, but in terms of gameplay experience, buying/owning experience and painting/converting experience, which do you think would be best? Buying DI or wait for KNF?

What happens to all the named characters?
Azrael. Cassius. Dante. Calgar.
Also, how does this affect the Grey Knights?

>khorne red
Not Mephiston? Khorne red seems a bit dark.

What about the details? That may be a bit fiddly since I haven't gotten myself a proper fine detail brush yet.

Trying to stop laughing after reading Assdeptus Shitsenioritas!

I want to die. It will be years before they update all of the other subfactions of marines and we'll lose all of the cool variation stuff that took literally decades to finally release.

Ravenwing Black Knights, Death Company, Deathwatch, Thunderwolf Calvary, Dread Librarians and axeman Dread.

It's like they don't even care, and then they'll discontinue the whole line once the first model for "Dark Angels Primaris" comes out so all we're left with is these super watered down versions of our factions.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That image is depressing.

You can simplify things by cutting down on the number of colours you use, e.g. if you do the armour and the cables in the same metallic colour the entire chest area becomes much less fiddly.

Regular marines can be upgraded to Primaris. So probably that.

I'm not sure, in Espandor he's freaking out around the cathedral but there is like one comment from a random guy that sounds as if he's clueless of the "evil in the air" sort of thing, might just be bad writing though.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the extra organs was some sort of backdoor in case they go astray or just some kill-switch of sorts, that would mean civil war for sure.

hey Veeky Forums am I better off at 1500 points running

10xOccult Terminators w/hellfyre missiles with 3x10 man Rubric Marines w/soulreapers and two Exalted Sorcerors

3x10man Plague Marines with Plasma/Powerfist champions + 3 Terminator Armored HQ's + 2xBlightbringers

OR 3x10 man Bezerkers + Dark Apostle, 10XChaos Terminators + Duel Lightning Claws + Chaos Termi Lord w/claws + 7xWarp Talons?

Agrax won't look as good on mephiston and if you're going for tabletop standard you can hide a less than perfect paintjob better with a darker, grungier scheme.

You don't really need a fine detail brush for tabletop standard, just put a good point on your standard and you'll be ok.

Details can be Evil Sunz Scarlet on the lenses and Balthasar Gold for metallic stuff. You can literally base it leadbelcher, paint cloth and large panels khorne red, paint lenses evil sunz, paint metallic details balthasar, wash it all over with agrax and you have yourself a painted dude.

Prety sure he has, there's a bit in one of the new stories where a primarus chapter where only high ranking members know their primarch praise the 14th as a placeholder name.

I lie the scheme, here a a few tweaks though.

AKA the lazy man's drill for internet pictures
Looks a bit too much like grey knights to me desu but if you like it, go for it.

Which story was this?

That power sword need more detail.Get some blue or at least some wash on.

>sheety against swarms
It can make 12 shots, 2d6 autohits and 18 attacks a turn, shouldn't do to badly

80 orcks boyz and he is done

It costs about 1800 points I'm guessing? In a 5 turn game, it would have to be able to kill 360 points worth of swarms a turn to make up its cost.

Can't remember exactly a friend showed me an excerpt. The new dark imperium novel i think

Hierophant cost 1930 points... Other armies have better and cheaper titans

I don't remember anything like that, user.

Not mine, I just shooped it.

So I'm a tabletop newfriend and got the Dark Imperium box because I finally wanted to paint some fucking miniatures.

Why are those paints so fucking expensive? Nobody prepared me for this.

But with Hierophant weapon you can destroy virtually every titan

3 reasons in descending order

Brand
Niche market
Pigment count

I think the necron super pylon does more damage.

Pylon shits all over Hierophant

Hi. This is a pic of Lt. Varrus from the Macragge box set. He's supposed to be a pilot for a crashed aquila.

In one hand he has a rather interesting looking bolt pistol (that's what the accompanying booklet says anyway).

However I've never seen a bolt pistol that looks similar to it (in model or depicted form). Any idea if it has a name, pattern, mark, etc? Any other models use a similar bolt pistol (as opposed to sub pistol)?

High quality acrylics are expensive. Citadel paints are a bit more expensive than most due to brand. Really good quality for the price, regardless.

I buy Vallejo paints, you get more and in a handy dropper bottle.

Still expensive though, but less than GW paints.

If you find the paints expensive then maybe this hobby isn't for you. Try something like X-wing instead.

Don't buy paints from GW if you're short on cash. Vallejo and Krylon should do you fine.

I've got him too, are you sure it's not a laspistol? I remember it having worse roll

I'm 99% sure that it's supposed to be a bolt pistol.

Might just be a regular old autopistol?

Vallejo Model Colour > Citadel Paints, tbqh.

Pylon only does D6 attacks with D6+3 damage.

I really like Citadel metallics though, especially their new stuff like Retributor and Liberator Armour and Stormhost Silver.

I'm pretty sure it's a bolt pistol, i did a bit of googling beforehand and everyone has referred to it as a bolt pistol.

Unfortunately I don't have the book to hand, and I can't find a PDF of the original battle for macragge book either =/

post yfw it's cawl pattern
HERESY CANT MELT CADIAN PYLONS
WHAT IS ROBUTE HIDING FROM US ?

And he cant move.. Greate at taking Scenario points

The liquid metallics range, liquid gold, liquid silver, old gold etc are better in my opinion, even if you have to thin it with iso alcohol.

Someone still plays these cans?

It really does look more like that than a traditional bolt pistol, holy shit!

But that model predates the new ones by many, many years. I don't think they're actually related.

I might just base coat them for now and go find someone to play with to see if I really enjoy the hobby as a whole.

Yeah the sword isn't finished yet. I want to do like the Duncan Custodes blade on it.
These are the Void Knights. Imperial Fist successors, essentially chivalrous Arthurian Knights with a stiffy for honour and high minded idealism. Trying to represent the nobledark elements we're seeing now.

You also don't need to buy a million different shades of paint. Get darker colors that you can wash with either Nuln or Agrax and then just highlight using the same color. No need to buy another color just for highlights. You could probably get by with just 14 pots and a can of black Krylon and you'll be good to go.

Can I get some feedback?

0/10 because tau

Different book then, I'll see if i can find the quote

How about me?

How out-of-scale are Warmahordes with 40k?

None of your lists can deal with vehicles, so you're going to have a bad time.

Definitely a bolt pistol.

Is there really nothing else out there that uses the same design? No lore or whatever?

... I'm shocked. Usually everything in 40K has 45 pages of backstory and 3 names behind it.

Sounds good, dude.

Good cost effective options?
Havocs?

Infantry are a litlle taller and skinnier, but its close enough to work as long as you don't mix in the same unit.

Havocs are good, las preds are good

I think it's just meant to be a compact "civilian " pattern, for pilots and such.

>mfw Cawl somehow possesses the Gene seeds of the 2nd and 11th Legions along with that of all the Tratior Legions

How heavy of a retcon is this?

I'm tempted to start a Silver Skulls primaris force, hold me guys.

Here is the list with the actual FW units in there as battlescribe just updated a few minutes ago

Well, he is still supposed to be military, being a Lieutenant and all. But I just figured it would have a particular name - Looking at the various wikis there's like 10 different patterns listed for bolt pistols alone!

that's exactly what is implied in the Dark Imperium novel.

Not a retcon?

Cause the 2 legions were disbanded and given to the Ultramarines and the Emperor's Children.

That geneseed was sent to Mars along with all the others. It just wasn't used.