Trial by combat

>Trial by combat
>Against yourself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LmIGTxxZNb8
youtube.com/watch?v=0-9qZ4Zs6Ys
youtu.be/akAoRhIzkK4?t=3m42s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tell me in what context this happened in your campaign.

Like when Link fought his shadow?

>Me, Myself, and I have to team up to get out of this mess.

so basically life

That's a good one, user.

That's called a trial by ordeal

>Ever since the doppelgangers took over things have been extra shitty

youtube.com/watch?v=LmIGTxxZNb8

Thanks Jim

>record scratch
>freeze frame
>"Yep, that's me. You might be wondering how I ended up like this. Well, it went a little something like..."
>Footage rewinds through her entire life
>Stops at a queen giving birth to a crying baby

>Good, I've been wanting to kill this faggot for a long time.

youtube.com/watch?v=0-9qZ4Zs6Ys

1. A magic mirror, which projects a duplicate of you. The duplicate has your exact skills and abilities, save for being right- or left-handed opposite to yourself. Considered one of the easier trials because you only have to break the mirror rather than deal a lethal blow.

2. A nonmagic mirror. Whichever judge or king sentenced you to this trial is probably insane. Good luck.

3. A potion which you are forced to drink which forces you to grow and vomit out a homunculus inside your gut. The homunculus is formed from your sin and will grow in air in accordance with how much you've sinned. While small and twisted the creature is strong and a fiendish fighter; especially given you'll have to duel it immediately after having thrown up what is essentially a small baby.

4. One of your current blood relatives is brought to court and a ritual devised to have them possessed by one of your ancestors with a grudge: either against you specifically or perhaps your whole family line. The ghost will likely fight with archaic, unfamiliar weapons. This duel doesn't have to be to the death but it'll be difficult to break possession by other means.

5. You're bound to a large clock hand and tinctures are applied to your eyes, ears, nose, etc for several hours until somehow the you at the time you were supposed to have committed the crime is summoned forth on the other hand. The two of you are forced to fight on the clockface. Even if you win this is likely to draw the attention of some horrible paradox monsters.

6. A guildsman actor-assassin of roughly similar build to you is employed at great expense. After several days interviewing your associate and watching you he (or she) learns enough to impersonate you convincingly and you must fight in the judicial court.

7. You're forced into a dark grotto with a reflecting pool. Your reflection in the water is a hostile elemental that will try to kill you.

8. One of your hands is cut off and sown onto the stump of a crippled judicial champion employed just for this purpose. He will fight you with your own hand while you must defend with your remaining one. Should you be victorious your hand will be restored and healed by magic (you'll still bear a peculiar scar).

9. As above, with with a foot (you'll each fight one-legged).

10. Civil servants will assiduously search the kingdom for an individual, ideally resembling you, who appears to have had a life almost exactly the same as yours and with approximately the same skills and abilities - save for the fact they have never been thought to have committed the crime you're accused of. They'll be highly paid to fight you in the arena.

11. A sample of hair, sweat, and blood and perhaps other materials will be taken from you and used to grow a vatborn mutant from your own flesh. You'll be made to fight them to the death: if the mutant wins, they will legally be considered as you and will inherit all property and contracts.

12. You're blindfolded and dropped into an oubliette maze which you must find your way out of. Then a number of deadly traps are placed in the maze on the route you took. You're blindfolded and dropped in one again and you must recall your previous route and avoid it to escape the traps.

13. A cyst is implanted in your flesh which will grow rapidly outwards to form an exact, braindead duplicate of your own body. Once grown you'll be forced to eat all of it continuously under guard. If you can go slowly and steadily enough to survive you'll be considered innocent, otherwise you'll be executed once full (or your stomach will burst).

14. You'll train every day with the city guard for one month. At the end of this time, a clockwork automaton will be encoded with your own fighting patterns and duel you.

Rolled 14 (1d20)

15. A prostitute will be employed to be impregnated by you (if female, a blood sample will be taken and magical means used to seed the pregnancy). The child's gestation and development will be rapidly accelerated and once they're an adult you'll have to fight them to secure your innocence and freedom.

16. You'll fight your weight of your favourite animal, dyed your favourite colour, to the tune of your favourite song, standing on a pile of your favourite food, and so on for as much as seems possible.

17. A duplicate of your skeleton will be mapped out through massage and phrenology, built out of iron, and animated as a golem to fight you.

18. With thanks to Gene Wolfe You'll be strapped into a strange etheric device which induces in you an extreme drive to suicide. Whenever you are not consciously preventing it or sleeping your body will try to kill itself. If you can hold out for 30 days the urge will fade and you will win.

19. Your armor, weapons, clothing and equipment etc will all be stripped from you and given to a mercenary to wear in the combat. You will have to fight naked with a rock.

20. You will be magically transformed into some animal popular at the fighting pits (dog, boar, bear, tiger or something more unusual) and will be pitted against a normal animal at the next event. Should you survive you'll be transformed back and considered victorious in the trial.

>pls no accusations of magical realm

Or the time link fought his shadow?

Or, how about that time he fought a bunch of his shadow?

Sensible jej

Rolled 20 (1d20)

Rolling, I guess.

Good luck, user

People on Veeky Forums don't play games.

>"Oops, that's a bit too far back."

>>A guildsman actor-assassin of roughly similar build to you is employed at great expense. After several days interviewing your associate and watching you he (or she) learns enough to impersonate you convincingly and you must fight in the judicial court.

Now don't forget at well as his shadow, there's also his other shadow.

I'm going to kick my ass

THAT'S IT! COME AT ME WAYNE, YOU'RE GOING TO GET EVERYTHING THAT'S COMING TO YOU!!!

What causes this btw? I've seen the Roger a Muirebe one too

IIRC sometimes it gives NPCs the same or similar names then gets confused and has an NPC kill itself instead of the other NPC with the same name.

What about the time everyone wanted to fuck his shadow?

Rolled 5 (1d20)

Rollan

Rolled 3 (1d20)

Rollan

As long as it happens like this.
youtu.be/akAoRhIzkK4?t=3m42s

Rolled 19 (1d20)

roll

As I'm a man of a pure heart it shouldn't be that hard.

>A prostitute will be employed to be impregnated by you (if female, a blood sample will be taken and magical means used to seed the pregnancy)
>pls no accusations of magical realm

Just because that turns you on, doesn't mean it's that persons fetish

players are the only ones who can see names, to the game engine every npc is a number, this happens when an NPC is considered to have died in a battle against a rebel army that technically had him as their liege, which means each army had him as a commander.

Sorta like this I imagine

oh hey Oglaf guy, needed more comic ideas?

>Oglaf guy
>guy