/WMG/ Warmachine and Hordes General

June 2017 Errata Edition

>Insider 6-26-2017: privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-6-26-2017

Previous Thread: >>No.53992874

Mk3 list building:conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat:discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / d0thm

PP Youtube
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata: January 2017
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-January-2017-2.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

>Mk3 Trollbloods Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/1tLOuOW7/file.html

>Mk3 Protectorate Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/LToez2J8/file.html

>Mk3 Circle Orboros Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/dAMPtJKy/file.html

>Mk3 Cygnar Command
www104.zippyshare.com/v/aG3otFxu/file.html

>Mk3 Legion of Everblight Command
www93.zippyshare.com/v/cJMBctzR/file.html

>Mk3 Khador Command
www92.zippyshare.com/v/JI62A5Ll/file.html

>Mk3 Cryx Command
www42.zippyshare.com/v/kAGpNygA/file.html

>MK3 Retribution of Scyrah Command
www108.zippyshare.com/v/9gF1X7iU/file.html

>Abridged Mk2 Lore

Gargantuans:
pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc

Exigence:
pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Why don't you guys just play 8th edition 40K now that Warmahordes has gone to shit?

It might actually still be better playing this ded gaem than ever playing the abortion that is 8th edition. Enjoy your spacemans.

Hey where'd the other thread go?

It hasn't gone *that* much to shit yet. It's a long, shitty way to reach GW.

Buried under a tide of Magic spoilers and manlybigspace marineman power level discussions

...the card database, it's useful....

This is a reasonable question, however SPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINESSPACEMARINES

I mean, it's got the cards you couldn't get otherwise.
I get the feeling they can't decide if they would rather just make WarRoom mandatory, since uploading a database of images can't be THAT complicated.

Whenever Chaos isn't in the story, somebody should be asking "Where's Chaos?"

PP *is* working hard to catch up though.
Then again, with the Grymkin shit I am maybe still too salty...

I've noticed that at my LGS all the Khador players are fat dads, and all the Circle players are cute girls.

If i want to play against Skorne I have to drive out to the hood.

I haven't really kept up with the lore or the game at large, really) since Vinter died, but I saw this and have to ask, is Severius dead?

The only girl in our playgroup, is a landwhale close to 60. Playing Menoth.

Everyone else is either fat and/or has bad teeth, except for me, a cryx player with a glorious beard and the super buff dude who just started Trolls with his 11ish son.

We're all having fun though.

Severius is dead. Don't CQC w/ hexeris.

Huh. Doesn't really seem like his style to go into melee. Shame, too. I remember liking his characterization.
Now what? Protectorate civil war? I can't imagine Flamebitch being too keen on not getting to be boss, but I also doubt the other people would want her in charge.

ded game, ded thread

Uh oh, no Skorne changes. I wonder how long we'll have to wait for Skorne user to show up and throw a fit?

"Supreme Kommandant Irusk
Replace the second sentence of the Artifice of Deviation spell with the following:

While completely within the AOE, friendly Faction models gain cover.

'The wording changed to “completely within” because the number of models able to take advantage of the cover-granting AOE was higher than we originally intended. This change also brings this spell in line with The Dreamer’s version of the spell.' "

Wow, poor Irusk. He was already unplayable because none of the themes funtion with him and now he gets nerfhammered?

ouch.

Skorne got changes, they're just not in the Core Rules Errata Document. They're in the first link in the OP though.

The Battle Engine CID rules are official now, and the Skorne BE is a badass, like it should have been. My only regret is that it isn't considered a "Venerator" model, for the theme force and the Dakar.

Mordikaar-user will literally bitch about anything though, so maybe this won't be good enough for him. Fuck, that dude thinks the Mortitheurge Willbreaker is bad for some godawful reason.

Actually he works great with all 3. It sucks that its not as good as before, but irusk works with every single theme.

He likes min jacks and kayazy (energizer)
He likes wgi
And likes legion of steel.

Hes still an A+ ranked caster

I'm just happy Children of the Dragon lets you take Azrael and Zuriel. Makes that theme much more attractive (read, at all) in my opinion. Now if only we could get Megalith in Bones of Orboros...

>Winter Guard Kommand
No target for Battle Lust
>Jaws of the Wolf
No target for FFE and no benefits for spamming infanrty
>Legion of Steel
No target for FFE and Tactician is redundant with Markov being a "duh purchase" model.

next.

Azrael is probably my favorite character beast/'jack. He seems so badass, despite just being ok on the table.

I'd rate him higher than okay. His range is a bit short but he hits like a mac truck, supplies a helpful animus into the mirror and vs Menoth, and lots of casters have buffs for him.

and Brickhouse in Heavy Metal...

I can accept that.

>Now what?

Menothbowl
Get hype!

MEGATRON IS DEAD
THAT MAKES ME THE NEW LEADER OF THE PROTEC-I mean-DECEPTICONS

You put BL on winterguard so you can use Joe and BL to unfuck themselves out.

You shut your whore mouth Feora. Vindictus is the true Starscream of Protectorate.

Feora more like Fedora.

>Fuck, that dude thinks the Mortitheurge Willbreaker is bad for some godawful reason.
Because it exists purely to compensate for our other models being so shit in the first place, user.

Why exactly would Feora being in charge of the Protectorate be a bad thing?

>"Oh shit Hexeris1 can take back fury from ANY dead warbeast, so Zaadesh1 has good synergy with him! This means he isn't as niche as I thought!"
>Double check the wording on Hexeris1's ability
>Turns out he really can only take fury from ENEMY warbeasts
God just give me a fucking break.

It wouldn't be. The massive civil war which she would gladly orchestrate to get in charge is what's going to fuck over the country.

Nobody said the medicine would taste good, only that it would do you good.

The Proectorate under Vindy was doing pretty well. There are now a number of people who might replace them, and some of those people might even be willing to come to power without butchering all who oppose them. Feora is not one of those people.

Hexy1's thing is best used counter your opponent throwing a warbeast with maxed Fury at you, letting him burn most of his fury and still having some to camp.

Trying to do anything else with it is pointless.

The fact that she doesn't give a shit about the faith, the nation or the people beyond how they can give her more power is a pretty negative factor, I'd say.
There are plenty of people in the Protectorate that are savy leaders without being trecherous, power-hungry brutes.

they are not going to hit anything.

But my opponent is Karchev.

Come on buddy, we even tolerate dead horses like AOS and 40k here

Where does it say she doesn't care about those things? She's just very, very ambitious.

Well, every other protectorate character has in some form illustrated their stance on its people and such.
- Vindictus hates wasting the faithful and goes out of his way to recruit heathens to their cause in hopes of saving their souls
- Malakus will lay down his life for even a single nobody if asked
- Durst is a fucking paladin
- Reznik has no fucks to give about individual people, but he's all the more faithful and the protectorate can rely upon him utterly
- Kreoss is torn between his service to the protectorate and his desire to help people, but he knows that when push comes to shove he'll put the nation above the people
Meanwhile, all of Feora's dialogue and thoughts go like this:
>Does this increase my standing in the church? Am I not being skipped for promotion? Hopefully nobody has found out I am betraying everybody! How can I exploit this situation to leverage my personal army into more positions of power? Would it benefit me if these vital war supplies were delayed or rerouted for the time being?
We never see her being concerned for the nation or its populace in any shape or form beyond what directly affects her career. No genuine prayer or anything, either.

You can chalk that up to bad (ie. one-note) character building. We're not sure about her motivations yet, just that she *really* wants to lead the nation, to the point of almost standing up to the Visgoths.

I see it more as a variant on the "when all you have is a hammer" problem.

She's got a purview over the citizen militia and interior defense as her political infighting tools. Wielding that toward political ends is going to involve being an utter *dick*.

Chipping in on a Cygnaran coup was the thing that almost got her, and that was probably the least dickish thing she's done regarding the Protectorate.

>No target for FFE

Behemoth is one of the best 'jacks to bring in Jaws, and one of the best possible targets for FFE.

... And why don't you just allocate Behemoth a focus?

This is what Joe is for

hey Veeky Forums,
I'm gonna be running an IKRPG campaign soon with a new group. I'm fairly at home with warmachine rules, but never played IKRPG before. do you have any advice so that it won't go up in flames? also, what home rules do you use in your group, if any?

btw, the party is mostly human, llaelese resistance.

Because you put him on a Mecha Santa for those sweet, sweet, blessed and magical damage shots. Also being pow 16 on the bombards is excellent

She's a woman

Because 8th ed is still terrible, just terrible in a slightly different way.

#I'mWithHer

What even made him want to go pick a fight with the Skorne anyway?

Hexxy was besieging Tower Judgement.

What is even at the Tower of Judgement?

I've heard of the Skorne having clashes there with the Protectorate in the past.

This might sound like a stupid question, but if warbeasts cost a considerable amount of points more than warjacks, how are hordes factions meant to deal with warjack spam?

There's a few people that she's technically betrayed to their deaths that managed to survive the process. They wield political power inside the Protectorate. If Feora is in charge, there's going to be a civil war. Time to let the dream go, not that she will.

>more likely, she'll resolve to get even *better* at treachery

Religious people, some surrounding farmland, and a pretty defensible tower.

For my money though, I think Makeda sent Hexxy to bait out some important Protectorate people and kill/capture them in order to destabilize the nation. He succeeded in pretty much the most significant way possible.

Make them commit first, screen with your infantry to ensure it. Hit them first, and start trading a half-step ahead. Screen with your infantry anyway.

Didn't his army take substantial losses?

Not that it means much unless he lost something like a Mammoth or Desert Hydra.

How do I make them commit first? Anything I can do they can do, except if they force me to commit first I auto lose whereas they don't.

>Didn't his army take substantial losses?

Everyone dead except him. Sevvy got to channel Menoth's fury one last time before he died. However, the chaos his death will bring would be more than worth the trade for the Skorne.

He lost a Mammoth.

He lost almost everything.

Severius went up like a nuke as he died, raised every single dead Menite nearby, and bathed the Skorne in a tidal wave of Menoth's fire.

Infantry screen, and a sacrificial heavy that takes just a little bit more than one focus'd up warjack to take out is standard bait.

>Skorne invade Ios
>make considerable gains
>then the champion of a god returns to life, explodes into an ice nuke that sends them running and brings a huge number of dead defenders back to life

>Skorne invade Menoth
>make considerable gains
>then the champion of a god dies, explodes into a fire nuke that sends them running and brings a huge number of dead defenders back to life

Now how'd that happen?

Bear in mind that "hordes infantry screen" includes everything between Sentry Stones and Praetorian Karax.

Literally requires divine intervention to stop the Skorne.

I'm gonna laugh when Feora ascends as a scion of Thamar. To the reveal of a Thamarite faction.

Yes, but the Skorne still have a presence in Ios, so that's something.

Though really I think it's more or less the events of Devastation than undid the Skorne invasion of Ios more than some divine act on the behalf of the Iosan gods.

If this happens I will be so fucking happy.

>Generic advice that means shit on the table

Classic Warmachine internet expert

That wasn't even the half-war point.

Imer-on-the-Volga.

Skorne have a presence in the uninhabited mountains bordering Ios.

They're not really holding any useful land. Though I guess even the rocky outskirts of Ios are fruitful and mild by their standards.

>Fiona is super fucking butthurt about the Menite bitch becoming a scion and not her

>Imer-on-the-Volga.

I'm surprised they could actually reach it.

I remember in the lore that Arkadius and his posse almost got hit by a Mammoth's siege bombardment from quite a ways away when they were picking through that Skorne column they ambushed.

Without more details I can only give out the principle. That the principle- Warjacks are cheaper, but Hordes has access to economical infantry (and/or effects) to screen their beasts. Screen your beasts, make them come to you (or hit them first, if you're legion). Screen, you dolt.

There's no outsmarting the problem, but the solution is there to access.

Aren't those mountains resource rich?

I remember Morghoul and his blood runners seizing a valuable mine that contained resources that seemed to be of interest to them.

Don't allow characters of opposing faiths.
Don't listen to warcasters whining about having no jacks.
Don't let them change things to Mk3 rules.

They missed a prime opportunity to have Morghoul and Garryth hunting one another in the dark there.

>Don't allow characters of opposing faiths.
this won't be a problem.

>Don't listen to warcasters whining about having no jacks.
how come? I'm planning to have them be facing jacks in the future.

>Don't let them change things to Mk3 rules.
yeah, probably won't.

>I'm surprised they could actually reach it.

Eh, where else are they supposed to go from the Tower of Judgement?

I meant the Mammoth.

Unless Hexeris sent it to batter down the tower gates or something, the Protectorate shouldn't have been able to reach it given it given it's artillery has some fair range to it.

>Without more details I can only give out the principle

That's all you have. Let's look at Trolls for your economical infantry.

>Fennblades 20 points
>Kriels 11 points

Yes, that's right. 11 effective Fenns that are 12/14 POW 12s for 20 points. That's two Khador heavies. Will they kill a Khador heavy? No. Nice trade up!

Or Kriels. 11 points for MAT 5, SPD 5 12/15 infantry that are POW 10s. I'll take a Juggernaut that's cheaper, thanks.

The principle is Privateer has no idea how to balance their game. Don't toss out bullshit that means absolutely nothing on the table.

Out of the major tournaments in the last few months...out of the 18 or so top placings, there have been 5-6 Hordes players? And guess what? None had infantry screens like you're advocating?

They do have something in common though. Spam. They pick the one cheapest option in their faction, take a warlock that can damage buff it (Or throw a Mauler in every list right?), and hope they have a timewalk feat.

This game is so fucking predictable anymore and you are way off point.

>and then there's this asshole

>Out of the major tournaments in the last few months...out of the 18 or so top placings, there have been 5-6 Hordes players? And guess what? None had infantry screens like you're advocating?

Ok, you're either a Troll, a troll, or a retard. Stop being wrong on the internet, stop being bad at gamez in the general.

>DiscountGames
>He's right

Sorry the game is so weak now. I'm upset about that too.

No, he isn't. He really isn't. "Who you going to believe, thread-shitting user or your own lying eyes" isn't.

>I'll take a Juggernaut that's cheaper, thanks.
Yeah but your Juggernaut can't RFP a bunch of undead pirates every turn.

Turns out different units have different uses and strengths

>Rocky Mountain Rumble
>1st Cryx
>2nd Cryx
>3rd Legion (Fyanna Neraph spam)

>Italian Masters
>1st Cryx
>2nd Ret
>3rd Cygnar

>Kingdomcon
>1st Circle (One unit in each)
>2nd Khador
>3rd Legion (both beast bricks/neraph spam)

Grotscon
>1st Ret
>2nd Cygnar
>3rd Khador
>4th Mercs

Boy, there are sure a lot of Hordes players there running all of those terrific infantry screens and performing so well.

So you're argument that infantry are good...is that arguing that a Theme list benefit that gives RFP...is good because there is another Theme list that has recursion.

What a place Warmachine is in. We just need Themes to beat Themes. Sweet.

I think he's arguing that reducto-ad-armor-cracking vs. points expended for warrior models is at best, naive/just a little dumb.

Infantry that screens is a screen, you fool. A god damned *Hellmouth* is a screen (but legion can get away with predictable alphas).

>and I've attended masters this year that were murderers rows of hordes- Discount Games is bad enough without user cherry picking- which user did

>A god damned *Hellmouth* is a screen

lol, you started talking about how to take infantry screens to protect your heavies. Now Hellmouths....move those goal posts :^)

>Light warbeasts too! They're basically big solos!
>Battle engines too!
>Legion is special!

Sorry data doesn't back your internet expertise user. And by the way, earlier when you were suggesting RFP when I talked about Trollblood Fenns/Kriels....sorry they don't have RFP. It's a theme benefit that's being taken...because of another theme.

It's rock paper scissor theme fun time. Great job PP

Are... Are you arguing the Hellmouth isn't an infantry unit?

>Hellmouths not a screen
>There literal sole purpose is to plop down somewhere and discourage moving around them.
You're an idiot. And I'm not even the person you're talking to.