Galactic Federation:New Hat Edition

At least I'm back on the Serenity now.With a hat.
Hello,everyone.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1-Yd1eWqg3vNKyzgscXQXSENvSUvVKSPMbK0bQr_OsrY
docs.google.com/document/d/1hArjdR5NINCq9H0AthQ8iOKlHjO7cK54XN2XSwirifg/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/10HzNlPjMUE2WBnDYfWuM460NZAuY2PtSW2PeQ_4Qlt8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ooc
Combat rules if anyone's interested.
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Yd1eWqg3vNKyzgscXQXSENvSUvVKSPMbK0bQr_OsrY

I have to sleep now

the situation is resolved, I will now begin constructing the mechanisms for this penal world, I will expect the suit when I return

OOC:me too mate
and it is already waiting within your new suite on the colony. Enjoy Overseer.

What's cracking non-Avians

Not much you shiny little bird

Everyone..I want to say thank you for your assistance in rescuing the Hierarch . Had I been forced to do so on my own the Cabal could have taken full control of the Dominion and turn it against the Federation. Once Ezekiel recovers from the ordeal he'll make an announcement that will be broadcast all over Dominion space. And those vile cultists will be exposed for the monsters they are.

The Raltekian Imperium have been how you say "out of the loop"dealing with mutant abominations can be quite tedious care to give some insight?

[before I go to bed]

umm
>the AI looks sheepish
his condition is not a problem?
[I basically stuck so much metal in his system he is half metal so I can comfortably control him with little effort, he is also disfigured]

What a strange creature you are.

Understood,Markon.Has he answered any interrogation questions?
>Carter sips some coffee.
What type of abominations?
Hello,Burgandy.Any news?

Theres been a vile cult that nearly brought ruin to the Dominion when they attempted to summon forth their shroudborne masters.
Is there any Particular questions you'd like me to ask him?

OOC:Motherfucker is a canon character in a book I made he was super fucked you actually made a improvement.

Nothing much, awaiting the battle with the Horde is all.

What a exciting creature you are.
Luxury Gene Mods gone wrong Im afraid.
Hmmmm would you be interested in a shipment of a standard Raltekian battle thralls loadout? I assure you it is quite effective at mass destruction.

Understood.Have they responded to hailed comms?I hope they still will,despite the fact that some of our Ambassadors assaulted them when they came here to parley.
Yes.
What entity lorded over the spirits he contacted,and did it claim a connection to the psionic wave recently recieved.

I wasn't talking about yours, that's the only thing I can do short of killing, currently yours looks like darth vader on mustafar strapped in a wheel chair getting his limbs cut back down to the stump every few days. post a link to this book and we will have a look.

but as I said I meant the heclisarch

Gene mods?Those are really easy to do.

Seriously,why must nearly everyone I meet not know how to use genetic modification correctly.

Well,at least you use it.Many cannot say the same.

Could I kill all the mutants there?

Also,one question.
Are you guys lizard people?

Rolled 32, 60, 88, 6, 47, 42, 48, 42, 75, 28, 13, 20, 90, 7, 77, 58, 25, 85, 47, 3, 30, 81, 93, 39, 30 = 1166 (25d100)

>The Horde forces jump into the Irabass system for once not in disarray as the new class of warships start to move into formation forming a line with their side batteries facing the Federation forces as thousands more vessels of old and new type jump into the system.
>The Horde forces stand still and open up with long range batteries,something never seen before as their Eortan trained Kaptains give a massive broadside signalling the battle is ready to begin
OOC:
Federation Main Line:
6 Dreadnoughts 120pp
25 battleships 375 pp
40 cruisers 400pp
45 destroyers 90pp
1000 corvettes 500pp
Out of a massive Federation fleet.
Horde:
10 Dreadnoughts 200pp
30 BB 450pp
63 Cruisers 630pp
100 Destroyers 200pp
ooc Horde has level 4 armor and no shields and let me take care of the rolling you fuckers just do some boarding actions and enjoy
For bombardment since Horde gunnery is low they have to roll over 50

For you.

I'm not sure yet, but the transport fleet of the Western Army Segment is moving in.

He will be fine as long as he can be counted as alive. I assure you.

One These were a bunch of retirees fucking with shit they don't know how to use so don't you dare insult our scientists great Intellec- *Breathes* Sorry my manners slipped but basically these were unregistered and mis used as i said.
These mutants are being purged off of each planet one by one so far only two hives are left and will be completely eradicated by the end of the year.
We are actually mammalian we just look a bit scaly but I assure you its just the roughness of our skin.

Oh.
And I do not mean insult,but genetic modification is a science,and one I and my people have utterly mastered.
Only one other species have reached the level we are at concerning this,and they may be related to us.

So excuse me if I seem patronizing.Just that sometimes I think your problems with genes are rather simple to fix.

Anyways,want me to kill them all now?
Ooc
Updated the rules with the new fleet point limit and armor use.
So,I assume you will join the UE's battle?

I could engineer a virus to wipe out all the mutants.

Or just drop a couple Granicaps or Branicaps.

That's the intention, particularly for the ground battle.

Rolled 3, 9, 3, 4, 1, 2, 9, 10, 8 = 49 (9d10)

OOC nine hits and rolling for damage.
>A massive barrage slams into the Federation fleet and even with the Horde's shitty accuracy a few strike home in the hulls of Federation warships.
All ships activate shields!!

The Hierarch himself has never contacted the spirits directly. Ezekiel was wary of them and said the strain of the conclave rituals would get in the way of his temporal responsibilities.

When he attempted to gleam the names of more powerful shroud entities from the Conclave they stated that said beings only give names in person to their minions and not through mortal messangers.

Hmmmm I see well most of our Gene Mods are for luxury purposes as we believe martial prowess to be inherent in our people and once again there will be no need we've got it.

OCC:How indepth should I make my empire profile?

Start small, and build from there.

As much as you want to

>The figure of a boy waltzes into the chamber looking very groggy and quite a bit annoyed, all whilst tailed by a massive shadowy mass of feathers, eyes, and tentacles
>"What happened? Is the fighting over yet?"

((We.....Too....Would......Like.......To.....))
((Know.......If......Altercations......Have....))
((Ceased......))

Rolled 7, 70, 23, 14, 1, 50, 88, 76, 17, 79, 41, 16, 26, 92, 83, 9, 50, 33, 44, 81, 86, 93, 19, 30, 94 = 1222 (25d100)

OOC Federation ships will be using armor so 49 * 30%=14.7 49-14.7=34 damage
>The Federation fleet braces and absorbs the volley ships falling out of formation to get repaired and let new warships take their place
All ships fire!!!
40s to hit

At least you're not like those perfected,what will all their speeches about being superior.

So,do you want help or not?
I see.
So,what's our next move?We could try capturing a minion.

We're good

Everything is fine.Beally and I just hit the perfected where it hurts,and blew up the Andronian home planet.

I'm not sure if she's woken up yet.She better not have stolen the TV in my room.

Anyways,then Markon,Astral,and I worked together to capture a Cabal leader.A new species wishes to join the Federation,and Karl and Bergundy are fighting the Horde.

The Horde tried to come here to parley,which is fine,but then some Ambassadors attacked them for no reason,because they don't understand that when someone comes to negotiate about the war you are not supposed to shoot them in the face for your ego and waste more lives for nothing at all.

Anyways,what system was the interloper last seen in?

Rolled 9, 4, 3, 1, 7, 10, 8, 1, 5, 3, 9, 7 = 67 (12d10)

>Long range mass drivers,lances from the Ploraxians and Dukedom and all manner of weaponry slam into the line of Horde cruisers.
Fed losses:3 Cruisers
Duke there's no better time to join the battle we're about to get to about point blank range with the fuckers. All ships hold the damn line.

My wife has sent me some home baked sweets, would anyone care to try some?

Okay.

Anyways,your father killed himself with a heart attack?Why?

Unless by heart attack,you mean "don't look into it".

He was 300 years over our life span and was quite prideful. Im a much more civil and....Beautiful ruler don't you think.

Very well, let's smash these degenerates!
>Fhe Duke and his Orga guards arm and prepare themselves for the strike

I guess.Him being prideful is a negative trait for the most part.And I don't really know what beauty is for you guys,but I guess Prethoryn agrees with you.

You guys live until 300?
Yes,please.You know,in this world of attacking aliens and chaotic ai,it's nice to know that a race exists that just makes great food and has great culture.
Ooc
Okay,so here's an idea.
Could we replace boarding rules with infantry rules?When they board a ship,they have to fight the crew to get to the power source and blow it up.

It would allow for a fusion of infantry and fleets,and would be fun.Plus,then when people post how many crewmembers are on their ship,it would matter more.

Of course,vehicles may not be allowed,except maybe some specially designed for boarding.Like having a Defense Turret as a vehicle,or a mech suit.Either way,it would be awesome to describe soldiers grappling the sides of ships and blowing holes in them while the sky rages.

Rolled 8, 3, 2, 5, 3, 5, 5, 10, 3, 7, 3, 8, 2, 6 + 10 = 80 (14d10 + 10)

>Two Horde cruisers start drifting out of formation as they are ventilated by weapons fire. The one armed Warlord having all ships rocket forward. Ready to take the station himself.Plasma batteries opening up as they charge.
Horde:Losses 2 cruisers

>capture a Cabal leader
OOC that guy we got was not with the Cabal he was a Friend of Markon and the leader of the Dominion whos against the influence of the shroud beings

Ooc
Wait what.
Okay,sure,but then that means Astral mutilated him into a cyborg and made him feel in incredible pain for no reason.

Did he fuck up?

Whats the ingredient list?
Brings alot of stress thanks to the huge culture shift and we live until 600 he was 927

OOC we can retcon that into capturing a cabal leader while rescuing Ezekiel.

Hmm.Do you want to live longer?
Most don't for some reason.The Dukedom likes it's lifespan,for example,even though most of its inhabitants don't live as long as you.

The true point of living is to make sure nobody ever forgets you did. We have plenty of time to make sure of that.

Ooc
Okay,good.
For a sec there I thought Astral was gonna get lynched.

So,do you guys make grand art pieces to cement your history?Do you do research on how to transcend the mortal coil?Do you engage in legendary conquest?

Also,do you guys like lobsters?

Rolled 8, 2, 5, 3, 9, 7, 2, 9, 4, 1, 6, 5, 9, 5 + 12 = 87 (14d10 + 12)

>80*30%=24 dmg
>Two more cruisers break apart and the UE section of the force moves up firing mass drivers at the Horde battleships
Duke I'm going to try and break through and give you an opening alright?

OOC Carter can you roll for the Fed fleet? It's getting a little confusing dude.

Very well, we'll widen the breach in their defence when we land, and the army aboard the the transports in the rear will descend.

Ís̕ t͞his ̕͞ą̛́ ͡s̶͟u̶̡b̕͟tl̡͠e͟ d͜i͞g̨̕?̡̧͜

Depends on the individual but anything really goes most of the time conquests
and well I personally do I just can't explain it but when thinking of those "lobsters" i get all giddy like a ripling

Naw,just that she seemed to enjoy lobsters.See,She get's happy or something.

Don't know why.I prefer to eat tuna.

Feel its chitin its like stroking your mates neck to jumpstart fertility.

>34.8dmg
>2 battleships exploding their hulking forms and massive armor plates not withstanding the firepower. The rest of the fleet gives the Federation dogs a point blank broadside with their kinetic weapons as ground troops head to the surface.
OOC fluff the battle on the ground out however you like.

>The initial assault contains tens of thousands of troops and armoured support. The Duke leads a personal strike towards the Horde command centre with his guards

Rolled 9, 5, 2, 2, 2, 4, 1, 6, 5, 4, 2, 10, 3 + 12 = 67 (13d10 + 12)

>The massive broadside after a delay slams into the ranks of the waiting Coalition cruisers
Duke can you hold the station? I expect they'll try to turn it's weapons against us if they capture it.

I'm almost to the surface Karl, but my second son can hold it no problem. Trust in him.

Rolled 99 (1d100)

>2 Cruisers die out in orbit and the Admiral suddenly has a gloriously stupid idea
All ships ramming speed!!!
>The entire fleet goes point blank at full speed into the Horde fucking fleet

I am impressed councilors, not just by the Federation's longevity, but also by the surprising amount of new faces i see, and the updated code of conduct regarding conflict. Truly it is the dawn of anew civilized age.
my old fluff here:docs.google.com/document/d/1hArjdR5NINCq9H0AthQ8iOKlHjO7cK54XN2XSwirifg/edit?usp=sharing

>Asmodeus yawns for quite a while, before finally answering the Ambassador, exhaustion lacing his voice
>"It was the....Andromedus Subsector I believe,, *Yawwwwwwnnnn*. he yawns once again.
>"So.....sleepy....."

Holy fucking balls. After that shitty roll spree from that duel the dice gods have taken pity on me.

Glory for the United Empire!! Glory to Ploraxia,the Dukedom and the fucking Federation!!!
>Battleships explode speared through by the insanity if the Federation fleet and the fleet starts to pull away from the lunatics arming their Doomsday weapons

Um,my people don't do that.At all.
You guys have chitin as well?
Why hello.I don't belive we have met.I am Carter,of the Carnem Wastes.
Actually,did one of your associates here used to be green?
My fluff,if anyone's interested.
docs.google.com/document/d/10HzNlPjMUE2WBnDYfWuM460NZAuY2PtSW2PeQ_4Qlt8

Okay.

I'll go kill it,then.

>The first of the landing pods have reached the surface, and the Orga pods are reaching their target.

Rolled 1, 3, 9, 9, 1, 5, 4, 5, 10, 6, 10, 4 + 20 = 87 (12d10 + 20)

Giving the Horde a flanking bonus because they do have the fleet surrounded
>The Horde gun crews redouble their fire rate some of the beasts getting crushed by the heavy shell casings as they open fire
OOC can you multiply percentages when rolling dice?
>Horde and Eortan soldiers in heavy combat armor fall to the Dukedom's fire,but not before their rifles and tanks tear into their enemies as well.

Well hello Ambassador Carter, I am afraid I have not made your acquaintance yet, for my organisation was recovering from the multitude of chaotic wars that arose before the current rules of combat.
However, I do believe i may know of the individual who you speak of. While he is not a Cleric himself, he is of the Macularius species much like myself. However, i cannot say I condone his actions, considering they seemed to be wholly focused on monetary gain for his corporation, if I take your meaning of him being 'green' correctly?
Additionally I find the indigenous life from your home extremely fascinating, truly something only a plane as unique as yours could produce. And what an odd coincidence that your name is reminiscent of a common name used by humanity, as described by their Ambassador in the past. Funny how two species with such different origins have such similar names.

1290 Horde
1380 Coalition
>A Dreadnought explodes and all of the Coalition vessels hunker down. Activating shields
Hey Carter want to take the command Dreadnought? Or should we leave that to the Dukedom?

Rolled 21, 2, 30, 5, 27, 18, 24, 16, 7, 25 = 175 (10d30)

Petulant worm you will soon learn your place. Tovarisch, fire all dreadnought Death Lances.
Break the fuckers.
>Ten dreadnoughts glow with light and suddenly ten massive red beams slam into the Federation warships
I say armor should probably be nerfed a little. Seems like it can absorb too much damage

Leave to to the Dukedom.They're the ones who were attacked,they deserve to enact their retribution.
Yes,I have read up on your people.You remind me of the Noo,especially how you provide food to the Federation.

I used to know the green individual.Forgot his name,but last I heard he instigated a trade war or something.Have you any news of him?

Anyways,as for you noticing my name,that is not a coincidence,in fact.I was not spawned from the Wastes.I used to be a human,but arrived there around 1921.Then,I was slowly accepeted as a Wastes being myself.This body you see now,while monstrous,is one I transfer my consciousness to,among others.My original,human form,if it can even still be called human,can never leave the Wastes.

Regardless,I am glad you read up on it.Could you speak of your people's beliefs,please?They sound interesting.
Ooc
Maybe we lower the number limit to 6 or something?

Rolled 7, 4, 2, 6, 2, 8, 10, 4, 7, 5, 2, 9 + 14 = 80 (12d10 + 14)

>10 battleships explode and 2 cruisers die with them. The station disabled and unable to provide support as long as the enemy troops are onboard.
Mass drivers over charge and engage send shells straight into the enemy Dreadnoughts. Kill them now.
Maybe it should be just single digits for the percentages

Ahhh...yes, I too remember the Noo quite fondly and throughout the chaos the old federation had to deal with, they were one of the principal contributors towards diplomacy, despite their smaller political stature.
Similarly, we provided a role that dealt with treating refugees, the injured and generally offering a neutral ground to those on the fringes who were affected by the bloodshed. Our beliefs compelled us to do so, and luckily our Chief Abbot was decisive enough to save lives before our policy of avoiding any conflict prevented us from doing what was right.
Our beliefs are in fact quite young and so we do not worship any deities or idols, but rather a certain lifestyle and ideology that is open to interpretation. The chief aspect of which is to find the inner calm, which is defined as the ability to adapt to any situation and find yourself pleased with the result. This passive movement was not initially popular among the population of our local star system, so the Abbott's species initiated a mass pilgrimage to the asteroid belt the Selarian Clerics now call home.
Our monasteries are open to anyone willing to learn and in the interest of this new age of diplomacy we have been inviting more newcomers than ever which has led to some particularly stressful situations, since my role as Chief Ambassador has led to encounters with some of the more rambunctious species in the galaxy.

Rolled 94 (1d100)

Test

Ooc
Maybe.But then shields would be obviously better,since even an 8% damage reduction is pretty useless.
How about this?
You can choose an armor number between 2-5,and it reduces damage by the double digit percentages,but you can also choose to go completely unshielded for an 80% reduction of damage,but some exotic weapons deal bonus damage to unshielded ships?
I can respect that.These days many are too eager for senseless killing.

Then again,I often do that myself and even worse things,so I'm not exactly the best one to talk.

Regardless,what is wrong with your other,green fellow pursuing money?Isn't that his inner calm?

And do you have your monasterie's coordinates?

Rolled 5, 3, 1, 4, 1, 4, 10, 2, 6, 1, 5, 1 + 13 = 56 (12d10 + 13)

1215 Fed
1215 Fed
1258 Horde
Enjoy a fiery death Federation pig
>Missiles and torpedoes are released from the front of the Horde vessels. Deadly nuclear ordinance being spewed at the Fleet.
OOC: Well it's good I got in this test battle to try some of them out.
Horde Battlegroups: X Federation battle groups:O
X > > O
X > > O
X > > O

Rolled 88 (1d95)

>[Incoming Federal News Broadcast]
>A message from Hierarch Ezekiel Leader of the Mankind Dominion was broadcast from the Federal headquarters Serenity Station Where he exposed a conspiracy orchestrated by a Cabal within the Dominion they would have destroyed countless lives and worlds with Psionic energy.

"My people we have been led astray by false beings who bring damnation with their promises of salvation. It pains me that it took so long to finally drag these cretins treachery into the light but it has been done. I now call on you the people to cast down the minions of these beings those who continue to promise Salvation at the hands of these shroud borne masters are deceivers and they must be cast down."

OOC roll is to see the percentage of the Dominion that believes him a small portion is absolutely loyal and that is why this is a d95

RNG GODS REJOICE
Ooc
Yeah,go ahead and try it out.If you feel it works,I'll type it in.

Well, the business of the natives of the Lacertilia system is of not much concern to us Selarians, seeing as we are detached from their society. However, I personally cannot condone the actions of that tycoon seeing as he endangered the lives of many and was most likely abusing our species' natural gifts at academia in order to gain personal power.
And shedding the pleasures of the material is a preference adhered to by most monks, so most share my stance that he has shamed our native system with his arrogance, a path that will surely lead to others conspiring against him, which heavily impairs his potential for attaining the goal of our beliefs.
Our main monastery's coordinates are 1245h 51.435m +2753.13352°, located on the largest asteroid in the chain, but depending on fluctuations in the asteroid belt's orbit, that may change.

>The Admiral laughs
Truly intimidating. We shall have to meet again another time Horde dog perhaps on the surface if you have the courage.
>The fleet pulls back to the asteroid belt having sustained heavy damage and the Admiral and his UE troops head to the surface to aid in the defense.
Well that's good Director. It seems the Dominion will not be in a civil war after all.
Hmmm maybe 80% reduction for shields? And we can try some more of this in the Second Battle of Irabass. Also next battle can you roll for one of the fleets? Doing both was hurting my brain

This is a glorious day Comrades. The tides have turned and now shining light and not shrouding dark will be cast over the Dominion and it wouldn't have been possible without the aid of the Federation.
The Cabal has been forced back to fortified enclaves with only small armies to defend them. They will fall in time and face justice once they do.

>Fierce fighting ensues on the surface as the combat as the battle rages on, Turing to hand to hand in some places, deep within the lines the Duke and his guards fight against the Horde a the heart of their command

>The Admiral joins the Duke in his command tent
I must report the orbital battle is lost for now. The fleet is retreating to wait for your warships at the asteroid belt but we have to stop their landings here otherwise we'll be overrun
>Smiles and lights up a cigar
Any ideas?

>He taps his beak as the sounds of battle rage nearby
Got one, where's the Warlord?

Good news,Markon.Now the Dominion may stand unified with the Federation.How are the people reacting?
Ooc
80% reduction instead of taking no damage sounds good to me.
And I'll play as the Horde next time.Cheeki breeki and all.
>Carter speaks through his comms.

Why not try a disease?It could go through their ranks and wipe them out.

OOC:Thanks my dude.
Hmmm maybe but we'd have to create a plague that would effect them and not our troops as well. With your expertise in biotech how long do you think it would take? And I can't believe it Carter for once the Horde was able to beat us it seems the Eortans have trained them well.
Send out some scouts to try and locate him Duke.

A disease that only affects Horde enemies?
That's easy.I can have it done in 30 minutes,tops,and that's considering I'll work in my basic ship lab.

Luckily,I have a couple of samples on hand after some of them were assaulted on the Serenity.

As for the Eortans,they may have won the space fight,but the ground is still contested.
Ooc
No problem

>Carter follows Markon into a meeting room on serenity with Ezekiel sitting at the table
Its been quite an upheaval carter but overall society is shaken but standing.
However this conspiracy has resulted in some flaws in the government that nearly led us to disaster.
>Ezekiel stands and looks out into the void watching the many ships of the Federation drift by then begins to speak
As Hierarch my duties were to lead the nation and shepard the flock but in dividing my focus I was unable to do both effectively and the Cabal took my power out from under me. Once I return to Rome and the Cabal is dragged out of those holes they crawled into their will be reform.
>The Hierarch turns around and faces Carter.
Carter Of the Carnem Wastes I've heard you had some means of stopping the Shroud Deities from influencing my people but that it might neutralize our Psionic abilities. Is this true?

What's your plan?
Yeah.It's rather easy.I found out while tinkering with my So'Vih tracker.
If done,you won't be null.You'll still be affected by psionic abilities,of course,but the difference is that you will be unable to channel them.A form of gene therapy,if you will.

Luckily,while cooking Cabal soldiers into grilled burgers I synthesized the treatment with their samples.It is ready for use.

Of course,there is another way to stop this.One that would actually not only help you,but also save all of us from emminent and certain destruction.
However,it is risky.Really,really risky.

Ezekiel: How risky?

If you wish to keep psionics without becoming what would remind me of an Empire I fought in the Suez Canal,the other option would be the only way.

Something that even OMEGA would hesitate to do.Something that scared him off.

But it could work.A 50-60% chance of success.

I will have to do it eventually,regardless of your decision,but doing it now would keep your psionic powers.
And it would also eliminate the interloper.

Ezekiel: Better now then to wait for this influence to regrow like a weed. What do you need for this to work 93% of the Dominion is under my control so I have a great deal of resources to offer should you require the aid.

Do you remember when OMEGA arrived?He was talking about seeds of betrayal,destruction,the usual.

Then,an avian priest showed up,and she mentioned something that made him stop.From then on,all the threats ended,and he just spoke to us.

Do you know what she said?What heralded 50 years of technological innovation,before her people mysteriously disappeared?

Got one of my best, Makrian the Ene is searching for him and I'm awaiting the location

Cut the head of the snake, the body dies. The Horde is a stratocracy by default and without a strong leader they will devolve.

Hmmm you two doing risking shit without me? I know I'm trapped on a planet under siege right now but you could have at least asked if you needed Jameson for anything.

Ezekiel: I don't think I've been informed of OMEGA or this priest.
Markon: It sounds familiar but with all that's happened I've forgotten.

Well it goes the same way of course. If you and I are killed in his trap our forces will be decimated and broken but I say we try it. I'm not going down as a coward.