EDH/Commander General

Spellslinger Edtion

Last Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's your favorite flavor of spellslinger?
alt.
Who out there Gruul Scientist bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-06-17-black-out/
reddit.com/r/mtgvorthos/comments/6jhd3d/nsfw_hour_of_glory_a_pride_month_tribute/
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/ravnica-then-and-now-2012-08-29-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Personal fan of Melek 30 minute turns involving Scrambleverse

Threadly reminder that if you don't put your commander in different colored sleeves you cannot follow the rules properly.

Friendly reminder that only faggots are against tucking generals or comply with this sleeve nonsense.

What if I only sleeve my commander?

What's your favorite flavor of spellslinger?
paradox engine and friends were a HUGE boon to mono black spell slinger

>Threadly reminder that if you don't put your commander in different colored sleeves you cannot follow the rules properly.
what rules
if anything in corner cases where your commander gets shuffled in you would be violating deck building rules by having it in a different sleeve

I bet you also bridge your deck

>bridge your deck
stop that
nobody is that dumb!

>2017
>Trying this hard to be retarded.

A commander is always a commander, it never stops being one even when face down. All commanders can use the replacement effect at all times. If a commander would be put into exile face down by an effect like Bomat Courrier, you are able to apply the replacement effect.

Sheldor made a mistake when making the rules of the format. If you don't put your commander in a different sleeve you can't follow the rules properly.

>Inb4 retards wondering how your commander got in your library in the first place.

Learn the rules you goon

>forcing your ill thought out house rules on other people
they already fixed this problem when they made you declare your commander at the beginning of the game
You massive fag

Wrong

iknowurbutwhatami

>people falling AGAIN for dif sleeve user
C'mon guys

Utility spellslinger a.k.a. Wort doubling removal spells or Mizzix making huge cantrips free. Alternatively, pump/untap spells Tazri/Zada. I got some new toys for it in the mail.

Thinking about switching my jarad deck over to sidisi, what are some good blue/dimir/sultai/simic cards to add?

So can anyone suggest a comfy deck? There's an arms race going on in my group, and I would like to slow things down with a laid back deck.

5c lands
win with mazes end

Hermit druid combo

Zedruu. Just play Santa and give gifts to the good players and coal (Pyromancer's Swath/Illusions of Grandeur) to the bad ones.

Oloro pillowfort control.

Can confirm, pillowfort decks are quite comfy.

I want to play comfy Abzan. Can I play Ghave without doing combo?

Is it too late for "guess the curve"?

Sure, just be sure to avoid any of the "combo" cards and desperately plead to your group that you're just making plants. They still won't believe you though.

Oona?

What part of this has anything to do with the color of the sleeves, though?

the new god
5cmc spot is surprisingly thinner than the 6

I've never built a spellslinger deck. I have enough blue and black to cobble together something half decent, but what should I know before going in? What's the objective of the deck and what should I avoid?

It's an Esper deck.
Zur.

Brewing a mono-black Greel discard deck right now

Does anyone have experience with that kind of deck? Especially in free for all multiplayer

Any interesting card suggestions besides the essential discard and removal?

i was just pretending to be retarded

Geth's Grimoire baby!

I'm known in my group for making theme and gimmick decks that tend to be less competitive, I can probably pull it off

I just want to make plants

It's actually Dakkon Blackblade, which is surprising since there's not much black in the deck

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-06-17-black-out/

thanks, gonna order this

Who is the sexiest commander?

Build Ghave thallids with Thelon.

My commander is my waifu

Add every fungus in the game but remove the corpsejack menace

Geralf.

Radha, Heir to Keld.

>those teeth

Apparently my 12 year old self had a fake copy of fireball buried in a pile of cards.

Neat.

yeah, cute!

I have modern, legacy, vintage, and edh decks all centered around her, and I had a standard deck with the new one too. It's a good time to be a thaliafag.

Should I put in proliferate effects for the spore counters?

>playing Edh with freinds
>random player, friends friend asks to join
>sure
>proceeds to turn 6 Armageddon with no win con planned after
>we all scoop and shuffle for next game
>he starts shuffling his deck to
>we tell him he can sit out and watch how to play the game properly
>he gets pissy and leaves

MLD players are trash.

A few good ones, sure. Don't go crazy. It's half counters, half token armies.

>Muh lands

Have anyone build a fun Anafenza deck?

There's a right way to play mld and a wrong one.
>Armageddon with no follow up or game plan = piss people off and reset the game for no reason. Wrong.
>Armageddon with follow up = cohesive game plan. Will irritate people, but you can still win. Right.

Dude we went through this days ago. Who got you this butthurt?

Spooky Anafenza?

I thought I wanted to see the full picture.

I was wrong.

You might as well post the link so we can all see user

Somewhat relatedly, this...thing happened today.
reddit.com/r/mtgvorthos/comments/6jhd3d/nsfw_hour_of_glory_a_pride_month_tribute/

They are adorable and make her look youthful and spirited

Good old Clarence and Steve

I think you mean Steveon Rhonashiraparaham.

If I'm not using the saprolings for a Ghave combo, what else can I use them for? (besides swinging wide)

Mostly swinging wide, yeah, but a lot of thallids sac them for various abilities.

>brother netdecked a competitive Baral 1v1 list to try and get into the format
>doesn't want to go to the LGS for games, just wants to 1v1 my multiplayer decks
>usually wins because it's just counters and a polymorph combo
>stop playing with him cause it's the same thing every game
>he gets mad

just venting, bros

>playing the 1v1 banlist
tell that faggot to boot emerakul banned for aeons and to put in a solring. Then just bribery/extract out his promised end and enjoy life again.

>want to throw in fun sac effects
>now I'm combo ghave
Reeeee

>This gets spoiled
>Someone in my playgroup is eager to play it because he likes no-fun-allowed decks
>I play Edric with a swarm of 1/1s

Elesh Norn

>lose all Abilities
>edric

Ok

>waaaaaah, Waaaaah, he made us concede, I'll put a stop to it!!!

To MTGO user from last thread:

What"s your username? Trying to get some fa/tg/uy games going.

Thin Lizzy (my rakdos waifu)

There is no escaping combo Ghave. Just have durdly thallid fun and accept that sometimes you'll go infinite accidentally.

>sit down to play magic
>dont

If that is fun to you, fine. But stay the fuck away from the other players. We'll just make you sit out.

Friendly reminder that Lyzolda is just some random witch bitch.

Most one off legendary characters are just random. Most arent into bdsm

The Foresmost, but if Spooky Anafenza is more fun i have no problem i have both and i want to find them a good deck

No, as in Lyzolda isn't even the Rakdos guildleader from the storyline. That's Izzy, not Lizzy.

lost pretty badly at commander night tonight but i unpacked a masterpiece sword of body and mind from the entry pack. pretty awesome

There were two cycles of Legendary creatures in original Ravnica, the 12 and 1122 cycles.

A decent number of the 12 cycle are just random guild members. Agrus is important to the story, but otherwise a beat cop. Tibor, Lumia, Circu, and Tolsimir are pretty much just randoms. Even Ulasht is just "some weird Hydra".

My friend is amped to crack this. I can't wait to counterspell it.

Hope you've got a stifle effect.

Okay, there's Ravnica, Guildpact, and Dissension, the three sets of the Ravnica block, and Ravnica, Guildpact, and Dissension, the three books of the Ravnica trilogy. In Dissension the book, there's a character, Izolda, who runs the Cult of Rakdos while Big Daddy R is doing other shit. In Dissension the set, there's a card, Lyzolda. Lyzolda isn't Izolda. Anything Izolda does in the canon is separate from anything Lyzolda does.

I do. Stifle, Trickbind and Disallow are necessities

Oh, and that's the other thing. Lyzolda does nothing.

>stifle
You are like little baby. Watch this.

Shes a great commander.
Magic lore is like tumblr fan fiction anyways. Who gives a shit.

That was just a typo and the background material for Return to Ravnica clarified that Lyzolda and Izolda are the same person.

You think yourself in control of this situation?

To clarify:
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/ravnica-then-and-now-2012-08-29-0

>As Rakdos slumbers in his lava pit, the acting guildmaster, the bloodwitch Lyzolda, procures dragon spinal fluid and blood from Jarad (now the guildmaster of the Golgari), and uses both those and the blood of Jarad's son to cast a spell to awaken the demon. Rakdos awakens and smashes his way out onto the streets of Ravnica and right into a fight with Project Kraj. After the fight with Kraj, Rakdos is hauled back into the lava pit of Rix Maadi in a coma. Lyzolda crumples as soon as Rakdos succumbs to Kraj and is promptly devoured by her Rakdos guild members.

duh

How is that going to stop anything important?

it kills the memebender before I cast extirpate

He already flipped him face up you fucking chud. Killing creatures doesnt stop their triggers from happening.

>before I cast extirpate

Okay, so now that we have time travel in our magical Christmas land, what's to stop me from killing your father before you're born?

If he gets to say he has a facedown creature on the board before I cast my spell, so do I.

We could spend literally the entire day doing this.

Indeed