/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

Strange crossovers edition

Last Thread: >FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Forwards, for the Emperor!
>The ordered unit can shoot this phase even if it Advanced in its Movement phase
Do I suffer a minus one to hit for this for rapid fire weapons?

Does it say anywhere that you suffer a -1 to-hit for RF weapons if you advanced?

Uh... any good strategies for Space Marines this edition? Any units that are particularly good?

Yes, you still moved

Xth for Holding the Line!

I have a friend who's interested in Eldar but I know next to nothing about them crunch-wise. Could I get a rundown or pointed in the right direction?

shitsters only worth is their blood
>t. Grey Knight Fagward

Rapid Fire weapons don't care if you moved, dumbass.

No, but it does say assault weapons suffer -1 to hit if you advanced and fire, and it just seem silly that the order maker them worse at their thing than rf doing there thing. So I was wondering if there was a rule I missed somewhere that said if you advanced and have the ability to shoot it'll be at -1 somewhere in the advanced rules.

Stop making threads too early, last thread was only on page 7.

Quite a few good strategies.
What chapter and how competitive? Are we talking a fluffy list that works, something competive but still friendly, tourneyfag list or full on WAACfag min maxed list?
Also, what models do you have to work with?

There isn't such a rule that I know of. T'au have a thing in their base index that lets them advance and fire an RF weapon; the Target Lock support-system, which specifically says you get the -1 to hit if you did this with a RF weapon. I don't know of a global rule for such, so unless otherwise mentioned, you don't have the penalty. Yes, this is very silly.

Dropping plasma guns/combi-plasmas in 9-12" away and rapid firing stuff to death sounds pretty effective from battle reports so far.

>people who don't understand the rules properly or would like them explained better are subhuman filth
nicee

So can we make a compendium of all the shit forgeworld dropped the ball on to make an all encompassing letter to send them and help them fix it? Just say anything and everything you have seen that's incorrect or strange rules wise

With Move and Fire!, grenades would become Assault weapons, removing the 'one attack per squad' and 'substitute all your attacks' restrictions. So this means each model in the squad could shoot with krak grenades, frag grenades, and lasguns in the same turn. Wow, that's almost as strong as rolling a D6.

Taking my sisters to Caledonian Revolution next weekend. What should I print out to use on all these banners that I now have to take?

begin with the biggest fuck up

Can you charge on the 1st turn if you can make the distance? (for example, eversor or callidus assassin)

>let's make sure to have this obvious man face in a mrs. doubtfire wig be the focal point of the picture

Anyone got the dude who benefits his preceding shooting phase?

Also, do we count things like the Malanthrope's current point cost? Or how R&H are just hot trash atm?

I also remember there being a case where there was clearly copy-pasted weapon profile text that wasn't properly edited.

yes.

grenades, not "weapons with the grenade type" can only be fired by one member of the squad. It doesn't matter if they are assault or grenade type, if they are grenades, they can only be used by one guy.

Unless of course you are disregarding RAW entirely, in which case you can do whatever you want.

really? goddamn. I'm going to murder so much anus-hole.

we are talking mainly about typos that fuck up the RAW currently I'm guessing.
also the nid bio titan has BS3 with no + after, does that equal BS3+ or BS4+ like 7th intended?

Yes

>women with guns are transexuals

>The only Shitster of Basshole who's ever been posted on Veeky Forums who doesn't look like a man is a Slaaneshii cultist
lol don't you think that's a little EXCESSIVE

don't mind him, he literally lives in this thread and tries to force his retarded meme that no one cares about. Just report him.

It's kind of ironic actually

If we include point costs we'll be here forever. There's too many balance fuckups points-wise to worry about trying to include alongside weirdly written rules

user, there is nowhere in the rulebook that says weapons with "grenade" in the name can only be fired by one member of the squad. It is all tied to the weapon type.

I would assume BS 3 was supposed to be BS 3+. Currently, there's the hilarious interpretation that it only hits on EXACTLY a 3.

nurgle pls go

If a unit arrives from deepstrike do they count as having moved for shooting heavy weapons? It just says they're "placed on the table" at the end of the movement phase.

Tiger shark AX-1.0 (can't fire its main gun)
Hierophant (BS 3, not 3+)
Mek Boss Buzzgob (has rules for KFF but can't take one)
Meka Dread (Has rules for rokkit bomms but can't take them)
Damocles Command Rhino (has a random D6 roll)
Squiggoth (Stampedes on a 2, not a 2+)
Gargantuan Squiggoth (ditto)
Stone crusher Carnifex (bio-flail just sets its attacks equal to the number of models within 2", meaning it can get 20 wrecking claw attacks against a crusader squad)
Drone sentry turret (is a fortification and the rules specify that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES can it EVER be taken as a mandatory troop. Reminder that it is a fortification.)

By that logic, using that order for a squad with heavy bolters would do nothing, becaise you would still get the -1 for moving and firing a heavy weapon.

The restriction is only listed under the specific weapon type (grenade 1, heavy 3), and should logically be ignored when you change the type (assault 1, assault 3)

>Currently, there's the hilarious interpretation that it only hits on EXACTLY a 3.
fucking kek

user you are going through some serious hoops to justify this weirdly written rule. It changes the weapon type, which is the only thing that matters in RAW land, intended i guess they want grenades to stay grenades; but it says all weapons. They could easily have written (except Grenades) in the order blurb but they didnt..

Yes.

Who came up with the bright idea to make Space Marines brainwashed fanatics with no sense of humor? Possibly the most boring combination of traits fictional characters can have.

page 180
Grenade
Each time a unit shoots, a single model that is equipeed with grenades may throw one instead of firing any other weapon

Yes, read the part about reinforcements in the margin next to movement in the rulebook.

Malanthrope is 10 power (equivalent to 200 points) but only costs 90 points.

Malanthropes Spore Cloud says models within 3" give opponent a -1 to hit when targeted, but all targeting is done by unit, you cannot target models.

Dimachaeron has a weapon that improves its Strength when Wounding on 6's, which means the Strength value no longer matters. Just below that is another weapon with the Rending effect except it triggers on 6's to Hit instead of Wound. Clearly these weapon triggers were mixed up.

The wording on the Hierodules Massive Scything Talons is weird, it says the Barbed Hierodule has two massive scytals instead of one pair, but says the same about the scythed hierodule which is supposed to have 2 pairs.

That's rules for the weapon type.

Weapon names do not have rules.

You realise that it's a subsection called weapon types right?

>Stone crusher Carnifex (bio-flail just sets its attacks equal to the number of models within 2", meaning it can get 20 wrecking claw attacks against a crusader squad)
maybe don't put 20 models next to a stonecrusher carnifex

also only the vulture has strafing run, which is weird since so many units had it in 7th and not having makes shit like vendettas hit on 5+ if it moves

So are you saying you think grenade launchers have that restriction?

what? where do you get this from, one of the biggest jokesters in the galaxy is a space marine. hell his name is lukas the trickster

>Literally quoting the page that proves him wrong

The pic I'm linking is NSFW. I've censored the bits and bobs, but still, NSFW. Does anyone know the story behind it? I just found it, and I'm intrigued.

Yes, that's describing weapons with the type Grenade.

The Imperium did, after half of them burned the galaxy down because muh feelings

Not the point, the rule is written badly. It's very unclear how it works. By RAW you never use the actual weapon profile of the bio-flail, you get all the benefits of the claw with a number of attacks granted by the flails special rule.

t. Tyranid player, I have no anti-nid bias here but it's broken

>obvious tranvestites with disgusting man faces are transvestites

So it says a model can attack with every ranged weapon it has... so if a model has a boltgun, a bolt pistol, frag and krak grenades, does that mean he gets to shoot with all four of those in the shooting phase, providing there are eligible targets in range for all of them?

>man holding a doggy bag full of his penis and balls after the surgery

Exception that proves the rule.

No, because of the Grenade and Pistol rules. Read the fucking rules.

Read the descriptions of each of those weapon types, and the answer will reveal itself.

user the point is that the bio-flail is a weapon with stats, and it's clearly supposed to be "when attacking WITH THIS WEAPON make attacks equal to #models within 2 inches", but instead it passively sets the stone-crusher's A value to #models within 2 inches. SO a stone-crusher becomes terrible at killing single target big things (which is its intended purpose) and becomes the best horde clearer in the game, and utterly rapes heavy infantry. It's clearly a fucking error, or do you think the tiger shark should just try not moving?

Somewhat, but not quite. You can attack with all your weapons, but some weapon types have restrictions.

Grenades, which you've listed, can't be used with other weapons by the same model. Also, pistols. A model can either attack with all its pistol weapons, or all its non pistol weapons.

Look up the rules on page 180 for more detail.

Looks like some transvestite pedophile drew some transvestite pedophile art and then you reposted it because you're a transvestite pedophile. Fucking kill yourself.

I have the free rules nigger, so imbibe the elixir of my anus.

can any of you explain how to dreadclaw works In 40k now it moves 14 but it used to go up and down I thought I got my old chaos one that is oop and want to crack it out??

Then fucking read them, retard??

Thanks user.

Nice digits. I didn't realize there was an Angelica from Rugrats gender swap fetish out there but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Mangelica there looks pretty good I guess though.

There are complete downloads of all the pdfs in the OP.

Tainted Wings by RustyAlchemist. Protip: You can image search by uploading.

how about when the grey knights killed a bunch of sisters and painted themselves in the blood? that was kind of a lark

they're IN the free rules nibba

200pts

HRURRDURRR THEN WEAD THEM RETAWD

That's what you sound like.

Cry more retard.

Maybe if you're retarded.

Thanks. Looks like it's abandoned. Still pretty cool.

In other armies, tanks shield infantry.
In 40k, infantry shields you!

>being this assmad when people tell you to read the rules in front of your dumbass mongoloid face

so does it just move like a model?? that's not fluffy and that's gay

>Asks question that is clearly answered in the rulebook he owns
>Gets triggered when people point out he has the answer in his hands

God damn I want some CSM terminators, thousand sons ones are so fucking superior to normal ones but also 30 points more expensive and not really customizable.
What should I do 40kg? I love my custom shit

Maybe you should fucking read people's posts instead of looking for pictures of parrots wearing hats?

>maybe if I cut my nose off I'll look more like a woman
NOPE

That paintjob is pretty disgusting

You can stop projecting so hard, user.

Scarabs are not superior to normal chaos terminators for the price

Hey dude, what do you think a woman looks like exactly? Asking for a friend

>does a model in 40k move like a model? like every single other model in 40k?
Gee, I don't know user.

Anyone have a pdf for xenos 2?

The dreadclaw has moved around like a normal skimmer since its inception, why are you so wrong?

Whats wrong with you?

all rekt

In the mega, I believe.

Adding onto this, the land raider proteus has the option to take the Heavy Armour Ability but at no point is that ability to explained

not in the one in op, nope. already checked.