Lets make a cult!

1d4chan.org/wiki/Heretical_Cult_Creation_Tables

D20 for society and background

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Planet_generator
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rolled 2 (1d20)

Let's try.

>Decadent Nobles: The elite of the Imperium are required to earn their position through meritorious service and self-sacrifice, rather than simply bask in the luxuries accumulated through an inherited position. In actuality, though, many Imperial holdings are plagued with idle nobility with few occupations other than amusing themselves. From this wellspring of casual indolence, heresy almost inevitably follows.

ok ideals now, other D20

WAIT NO DEPERATE UNDERCLASS

DAMN YOU DYSLEXIA

Rolled 14 (1d20)

>Zealotry in Misplaced Idols: The cult believes in all sincerity that it worships the Emperor, Omnissiah. or one of their many saints. In truth, their prayers go to something unholy.

this is going to be good

ok cult type leader, D100

Rolled 4 (1d100)

>Central Figure: A single important individual holds leadership of the cult.

now for leadership. D20

Rolled 14 (1d20)

Hail whichever deity we follow!

>Daemon

simple, i like it

d10 for leadership style

Rolled 7 (1d20)

Shadowy: Little is known of the cult’s leader, who surrounds himself in a shroud of mystique. He avoids appearing in person whenever possible, and hides what he can about his nature even from his lieutenants.

this is sounding more and more like a Tzeentch cult.

ok now for Armaments and Defenses. d20

dice+1d20

Rolled 9 (1d20)

>I, an angel of the Anathe-
>I, an angel of the Emperor, say this...

Advanced Technology: The cultists are unusually familiar with unusual devices, as evidenced by their use of encrypted vox channels, multi-spectral scanners, or even xenos weaponry.

jesus. how much money do these nobles have?

Rolled 8 (1d20)

shit mabey this cult has conections with the Dark Mechanicus.

d10 for Tokens of allegiance

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Secret Chant: Code phrases and passwords are used by the cultists to confirm their allegiance. In extreme cases, they may have even developed an entire language of false meanings, allowing them to secretly converse wherever they please.

Draw and Activities of the Cult; Cult Allure (1D20)

Rolled 5 (1d20)

Indulgence: By existing outside the sanctioned Imperial structure, cultists are often able to avoid restrictions on behavior that might be imposed by law or propriety elsewhere. Even outside a true pleasure cult, there are groups who appeal through a sense of luxury or freedom not to be found elsewhere.

Rites and Observances of the Cult d10

Rolled 8 (1d10)

These fiendish indulging secret language having nobles!

Flesh Twisting: Most common as a ritual of initiation or advancement, the deliberate mutilation or mutation of a cultist’s flesh is often seen as a show of dedication

Deities of the Cult. d20

Rolled 4 (1d20)

C'mon Slaanesh!

Kek, looks like Nurgle had other plans in mind.

FUCK YOU FAG ITS NURGLE

Nurgle Nobles, huh?
What about Nurgle would appeal to them?

Maybe they're all old money. They just want to live forever comfortable in the fact that they'll die being the top dogs of their planet and no one will be able to overthrow them.

>Rolled 2 (1d20)
>Desperate Underclass: Although the Imperium’s ponderous bureaucracy is the only institution vast and powerful enough to keep humanity alive in these dark times, it does so at a terrible cost. Innumerable cults have risen from those ground between the gears of empire, seeking only to better their own admittedly miserable lot. While pitiable, their actions invariably threaten the lives of many millions more.

Well fuck me.

so are we going to write up fluff for these guys or what

ok so lets throw ideas at the wall and see what sticks

is anyone even here?

Well obviously we need some more to work with, in order to get a feel for all of them. Lets boot up the planet generator, get an idea where they're from.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Planet_generator
Roll 1d100 for the world-type.

"dice+1d100"

this is going to be embaressing to ask but how the fuck do you roll dice? i honestly have no clue

In the "options" field above the text box, put in the dice+1d100.

Rolled (1d00)

dice+xDy in the option field

I think, can't remember whether or not I have rolled since they switched to that.

Rolled 22 (1d100)

And there I fucked up.

Rolled 68 (1d100)

>agriworld

Agri-World! our dispossessed cultists come from a land of some kind of produce! This makes some of their nurglite possibly more dangerous, if they try and pull a Strathholm.
Next, roll 3d10 for the planet's overall Tech Level. Are our cultists high tech gadgets rarities, or commonplace?

Rolled 8, 5, 4 = 17 (3d10)

We are early spacefaring! Junky rocket powered skiffs, giant spacesuits, and a tech level that's pretty impressive, all things considered.

Next, a big series of rolls for the presence of the various Adeptus presences on-world.
Adeptus Arbites: 1d10

Adeptus Astra Telepathica: 1d10

Adeptus Astronimica: 1d5

Adeptus Mechanicus: 1d10.

Administratum: 2d10

Adeptus Ministorum: 2d10.

Inquisition: 1d5.

Also, do we want to roll for what star and sector its in? Or do we not care/can make up later?

Rolled 7 (1d10)

nah, planet itself is fine

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Rolled 1 (1d5)

Rolled 4 (1d5)

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Rolled 77, 51 = 128 (2d100)

[spoilers]can someone else do the rolls for mecanicus through inquisition? disregard[/spoiler]

>07-09 Slight. Specific duties; not involved
in wider planetary affairs.
>01-03 None.
>01-03 None.
Well at least we do know that while we have a pretty token Arbites presence, the Navigators and Mechanicus don't give a fuck about us.

Fuck it, lets kill this thread and restart either tonight or tomorrow.

This is going nowhere

read the sticky, newfag