Predictions for the new Dominaria set?

Predictions for the new Dominaria set?

It'll be shit like everything else neo-Magic does.

Underpowered small creatures, burn spells, and counters. Overpowered fatties, Planeswalkers, and cheat into play cards. Just like every set these days.

I just hope the poor Dominarians had the time to catch a breath for once.

The end of mtg, surely.

>Every non-mythic creature below 3 mana will be shit
>Every 3+ mana creature will be OP
>Burn Spells and Counterspells will cost at least 3 mana
>The Planeswalkers will be insanely OP, and there will be no viable answers for them

Just like every set since Origins

What I hope for:
>An Urza Planeswalker
>Counrerspell and Lightning Bolt reprints
>Real aggro and control strategies, no more Midrange
>Decks that aren't just piles of mythics

What we'll actsilly get:
>Another "diversity girl" Planeswalker, a la Saheeli/Samut
>At least 2 members of the Jacetice League
>4-mana Counters and 3-mana Bolts
>Every good creature will cost at least 3 mana
>Every deck will need at least 20 Mythics to compete

There better be at least a hint that Yawgmoth persists in some way in Urborg.

Angsty Liliana.

Phyrexians fighting Eternals.

Then, universe rewrite plus massive rules overhaul. Introduction of new card types and maybe a new color.

Isn't this the plane Ajani went to recruit new members?
So I guess new gate watch members.

The world is rebuilding and prepared for an interplanar war. Not against the phyrexians, but against the planeswalkers. Domina remembers far too well the cause of all the trouble in the multiverse and seeks to release "the shard" once again rendering interplanar travel impossible. Thran, Phyrexian, and Urzan artifacts dot the landscape and various factions vie for control of the powers that once ruined worlds.

Slivers.

If only the writers were so clever to make a story like that.

I would expect a lot of shoehorned references with no payback.

It's going to be a "Planeswalkers-matter" set

The 6th color is anus.

Jesus Christ tg could not be worse at magic

That and it's going to be filled with tons of black people and lesbians, can't make that black consultant mad again.

Knights

MaRo's comments on not making it a theme park were not promising at all.

It'll be a theme park with a central hub again.

Miragelands is now only dominaria.

t. Teferisnot

>BBC

Why would you want Urza in here? Knowing WoTC they'll completely ruin him, probably by adding some backstory about how the reason why he's so angry all the time is because he's actually "a woman trapped in a man's body"

That, and they'll make him sexually attracted to Teferi

Bring back Richard, Kick Rosewater out and MTG would maybe get better. Get a CEO that knows what players want like Games workshop has.

It wont be like this.

user knows what's up.

That pide day tweet was blood boiling.

The CEO is fine. He just needs to fire MaRo ASAP, before he does something drastic, like, as a previous poster said, makes Urza a tranny.

What pride day tweet?

Source?

Sassy black women?

Check mtg offical twiiter

Urza of the Oath
4UR
Loyalty: 5

+2 Urza deals 4 damage to target creature

-2 Draw 2 Cards.

-10: Exile all permanents you don't control.

Oath of Urza
Legendary Enchantment
1UR

When Oath of Urza enters the battlefield, draw 2 cards, then discard 2 Cards.

Planeswalker spells you cast can't be countered.

"Until all of Dominaria's enemies have been vanquished, I will keep watch"

Let's just pray it doesn't end up becoming the official new logo...but honestly, I wouldn't put it past MaRo to do that.

LOL DUEL MASTERS, DOES WOTC EVEN UPDATE THEIR SHIT?

Man, even if you ignore tons others, Narset isn't that old, why libs have the memory span or a dead gold fish?

God look at all of that cancer. Do those people actually mtg or are they just there? They dont seem the type.

Holy fucking shit.

Look at all those fucking white people. Is this what they do for community events now that they've killed their taste for religion?

A much better set than anything in the past few years, given that Richard Garfield is coming back for it.

Basically, yeah.

Ok fuck it. Im done. Not buying any Ixalan only secondary market from here on out.

Thats too much. Thought user was full of shit. Now I'm just done buying Maros sealed products all together.

It gives me no small pleasure that "kaya" means "outhouse" in Chilapalapa.

Same desu. I've been doing reserve list buys recently however but putting this kind of shit in wizards is fucking stupid and will jave a big negative imapact in the coming weeks. I feel it coming.

>Is this what they do for community events now that they've killed their taste for religion?

What else are they going to do? Humans are social creatures, and if they've been cowed into despising religion and national fervor than how the fuck are they going to scratch that itch to be a small part of the greater whole? Social Justice events are the only place left in the West where a white person raised on Worship of the Self (aka, the final stage of individualism) can say they're doing something for a greater cause.

Fuck, it's why you see so many people join Antifa.

Only cringey paid soymonsters join antifa.

Holy fuck the blatant lies, I don't see Dragons and Elves in the community

Dragons and Elves aren't real.

Astounding coincidence: Neither are all the genders but male and female

fpbp

When the fuck will Dominaria be left alone?

Gaming and tcg in general are shifting their fanbase to a more SJWy one while telling their old fanbase to fuck off, they already got rich with our money, we don't matter anymore.

I'm going back through Planeswalkers and Dovin Baan was the last male Planeswalker who was a completely new character, made just for the set. I'd also like to note that he was a "bad guy". Before that you have to go back to original Conspiracy for Dack Fayden, and I believe Theros for Xenagos.

There is a serious lack of new male Planeswalkers who are also new Characters.

Ayn Rand was right.

Kek

If mtg turns into marvel comics level shit tbeyll go under. Not enough people play that shit or buy the products. Totally not the same as video games or comics user .

Urza and Yawgmoth are dead and gone. There will be no Urza card because Urza is part of Karn. There will be no Yawgmoth hints because the entirety of Magic's early story was about killing the bastard - and his work still lives on after his death, in the multiple worlds still dominated by Phyrexians.
Don't you see? Narset is Asian, and Asian doesn't count for diversity, only Africans count for diversity for someone like that. Doesn't matter that she's an autistic Tibetan, she's not brown and not the right SHADE of brown to be Diverse.
I mean holy fuck that woman is racist as all fuck.

Richard IS back for Dominaria.
Also, Maro has less control over things than people seem to think - he's not responsible for everything being overcosted and shit, he's not responsible for storyline or characters, and he's not responsible for logos and company direction.
He IS responsible for general design of a set. Things like megamorph and devoid existing, Theros having shit-all for non-aura enchantments, and things like that are all squarely on his head.

Wait, what's all the outrage about?

I don't see a single dildo anywhere in that image. I don't see any perversion or grossness there. It's just a company based in Seattle, one of the most liberal cities in the US, doing a little self-advertisement and virtue-signalling while also allowing its employees to have a good time on a day out. They're even taking their kids along.

I see nothing worth being horrified about. It mostly just looks like a wholesome day out for WotC's employees that enables the acquisition of a few LGBT brownie points. It's nothing more.

Veeky Forums complaining about imbalanced cards in standard while mentioning that everything is too low powered even though multiple of the set's cards are played in modern/legacy

Red players companion that red got the short end of the stick

Complaints about planeswalkers

30% of dominaria suddenly being black

Wotc finally reprinting a card people have been asking for ages for like wrath of God and it seeing no play

>What's all the outrage about?
They don't let dragons and elves in

>virtue-signalling

You answered your own question. Also, I think it's hilarious that it's entirely white people.

Corporations have been pandering in order to get good PR for generations though. This is absolutely nothing new.

Nothing hilarious about it. Minorities aren't into nerd shit.

Imbalanced cards are done add long add they aren't just for one some of deck. It's all midrange now. Red does constantly get fucked over. They've reduced it to just the "the burn color" or the color that does other color things with a downside ad's refuse to give it good cards in those niches that aren't overcosted. Planeswalkers have become too prominent and focus on the Gatewatch had reduced the planes we see to small, simple areas that don't resemble the well-built worlds we used to get like Dominaria, Mercadia, or Kamigawa.

Except Asians, but they don't count.

>Also, I think it's hilarious that it's entirely white people.

What's so strange about that? These events are never about attracting gays and lesbians to your product, it's about attracting white people who care about gays and lesbians to your product.

Christ, I fucked that first sentence all up. I need to proofread when phoneposting.

They are, after all, honorary Aryans.

Not even Asians. Unless you are talking computer games.

Yup. And that's what makes people's stomachs turn I think, even if they don't know it.

I don't give two shits if I'm sitting across the table from a gay dude. But what -really- grinds my gears is sitting across the table from the kind of white dude this advertisement is meant to attract.

And TCGs. Magic is all math, dude. Maybe not tabletop games so much. Too social.

>But what -really- grinds my gears is sitting across the table from the kind of white dude this advertisement is meant to attract.

It's no different than advertising a pick-up truck to "the working man" when you know 80% of the people who buy it are overcompensating Suburban men with delusions of masculinity. It's no different than advertising something as All-American or Green or Locally Grown.

I also typed companion instead of complaining while phoneposting

Ah yes so little Asians play magic that they had to stop hosting GPs in Japan and SEA

>pickup truck
Sure, same advertising strategy I guess. Difference is that neither the macho blue collar guy or the milquetoast suburban dad wannabe are all that repugnant to anyone.

>All-American
>Green
>Locally Grown

I hate these kinds of advertisements for exactly the same reasons, though not as much. The kind of people they are actually trying to attract with these can eat shit and die.

Is it just me or that black woman's face is extremely punchable? There's something smug and arrogant which just doesn't feel right on a face that ugly and fat.

[Spoiler] Pls no ban [/Spoiler]

I assume you are joking, and forgive me if I am being dense, because there's a GP in Japan next month.

Not just you, that's a natural reaction

It gives me great joy to know that you are so brittle that even seeing things not aimed at you hurts your feelings. Good luck getting through another day of the universe not revolving around your particular brand of faggotry!

>Is it just me or that black woman's face is extremely punchable?

She's got Fat Face, and people with Fat Face are either extremely depressing or extremely punchable.

You guys know about Fat Face, right? Every person who gets fat enough eventually develops the exact same appearance because all their otherwise unique facial features are covered beneath a uniform layer of chub. It's the same reason you only get, like, 5 unique baby faces.

Yes I was joking. The notion that the only Asians that count are Asian Americans is fucking stupid considering the playerbase living in Asia

>A new faction emerges that uses old Phyrexian tech to take land
>Over time Phyrexian oil spreads and begins corrupting other continents

>Anti-Walker coalition

No thank you. You have New Phyrexia, can you please just finish jerking off on that instead of spreading your seed everywhere?

>can you please just finish jerking off on that instead of spreading your seed everywhere?

That would be great, but the writers have apparently forgotten all about them.

Reading this made me want to vomit uncontrollably and I have no idea why. I only got into MtG last year, sue me

Don't worry. People actually wanting an Urza or Yawgmoth card is reason enough to vomit.

So instead you want to ruin even more things with Phyrexian wanking?

Great things. I'm hoping Ixalan is the start of a new era of design where things don't suck. But realistically, not even Richard Garfield will be able to save this from being bad.

>mfw it's only one large set when it could easily encompass its own three set block

Are you talking Dominaria or ixalan? Pretty sure Ixalan is 3 sets: Ixalan, Rivals of Ixalan, and Explorers of Ixalan.

Creative might suck but I have a feeling design will be spot on.

Explorers of Ixalan is a separate product that is some sort of...board game, Settler of Catan style thing.

another phyrexia invasion...

>Predictions for the new Dominaria set?

Endless complaints from Veeky Forums, of which 10% are justified and 95% will be about SJWs and diversity. There will be proclamations of Magic's death, stalwart insistence that no more cards will be purchased, and then the usual caving in and buying because that's how it always works.

As for the set itself, I wouldn't mind seeing some Slivers, especially since they've admitted that reception to the new style of Slivers wasn't popular and Dominaria would be a great place to return to the old variety.

I can do you one better

have you ever been to the pacific northwest? portland was possibly the whitest major city i've ever been to in my entire life.

didn't go to seattle, was told the shitty traffic made it not worth going to.

Worse, they let dragons and e*ves in.

THEY'RE GOING BACK TO DOMINARIA!?!?!

>Okay guys, let's make a list of POLARIZING THINGS
>So, the list is done so far we have "political stuff" followed closely by "Sexual issues"
>Uh. I wonder what we sh-
>TOO LATE WE #PRIDE GUYS!! #TRANSCLUSIVE!!

why can't more places be like nintendo and not get into politics?

>30% of dominaria suddenly being black
didn't dominaria had straight up africa?

Yeah, Jamuraa. Most of it's even still around, though a large chunk (Zhalfir) was permanently phased out.
Of course, Dominaria (the set) could change that, with Teferi finally managing to get his homeland back- or perhaps just the people.

I'd enjoy if dominaria block was teferi getting his fucking island back.
Then making a wall around it to keep people out.

Slivers. All of the Slivers and then some more.