/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

Lewd catgirl SoBs are CUTE! CUTE!!! edition

Last Thread: >FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpAWIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/TTSWarhammer40k/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for sisters are fucking stupid

First for SoB Plastics

Reminder to ignore who thinks girls with guns are trannies

fourth for xenos
SoB players are sobbers

>REMINDER TO ALL MARINELETS PLAYERS
BTFO

First for Peach /=/ Red

Excellent. By Faith will we fight, and by Fire will the shitposters be baptized. For the Emperor!

For the Emperor!

how should hive tyrants be equipped? Beside swarmlord, of course

Shit.

Anyways on-topic discussion now.

I have 20 Seraphim. Should I run them in 4 squads of 5, or 2 squads of 9 each (rip: extra superiors)

#
What # said.
T1, infiltrator Stealth Suits move further into position, advancing if necessary. At the end of their move, place homing beacon. At the end of your movement phase, DS your fusion unit wholly within 6" of homing beacon, which can break the normal 9" from enemies limitation, allowing melta T1.

Welcome to Mont'ka.

ive been gone for a few days, whats with this autistic peach posting?

I have a confession.

I am yet to play a game of 8th edition.

Don't forget you can also use the homing beacon to deep strike within 1 inch of enemy units, which while not always useful, does let you engage an enemy without having to deal with overwatch.

I just glued together a marine out of spare bits but he's on a 25mm base, is this a problem?

Nth for Generic List Builder executable with 40k "mod" like Chapter Master when?

user. I'd be happy to play a game with you via Table Top sim or something. Say, 500-point learners game. Maybe this Saturday morning?

>5'11"
>6'2"

Rate how long you would survive against this tau list.
Assume Missile pods are CIB because builder is down.

only because he's not a Primaris Marine and therefore tiny and insignificant

>t. Someone who wants to play marines but doesn't know what to get now.

A weird but legit result of the rules as written. Would be more useful if we had something worthwhile to drop with it. I suppose that's one way to get Farsight in melee quickly. If they give FSE more melee toys, that could be really potent.

You are genuinely missing out. I have enjoyed my games of 8th so far.

Don't you guys expect a lot of marinelet players to go part Primaris part marinelet? What would they be then? Average players? Skinnyfats?

First is how many points do you have to spare for them, do you have more effective models such as dominions that you could make room for, and what their role is in your army?

Fuck, it's pretty hard to make a boyz vs toyz decision for GK since everything costs so damn much, but here's what I've got so far. I was considering either double Autocannon or 1 las-1 auto on the Dread.

Any suggesstions?

Just plain faggots

Add dynamic basing, IE: some rocks and shit for him to stand on. Fixes this unless the models are side-by-side face-on eye-level.

Is there a Mega trove of Black Library stuff anywhere?

25mm bases are still legal for space marines, they just aren't given out in the boxes anymore. Technically the rules say to use what base came with the model, and since your model didn't come in a box with a base, 25mm is a valid choice.

Would win against/10.

Namely, I'm trying to sort out the models I already have. Assume points limit infinite. Assume list is shit because I can't find any heavy weapons to buy. Just trying to figure best way to run the models I own.

R8 H8 and MasturB8

Yea? Post the army list then faggot

The fuck are you talking about?

Same here user. I just started, after not playing since 4th, having sold all my shit, and only have 500 points of Admech.

Too scared to go to shops, even though Im massive grognard, and none of my friends are reliable for games.

Way too few models.

>Farseer
>Yvraine
>Troupe Master - Embrace

>11x Guardians - Shruiken Cannon
>5x Harlequins - 5x Embrace
>5x Kabalite Warriors - Blaster
>5x Kabalite Warriors - Blaster
>5x Wraithguard - D-Scythes

>Wave Serpent - Shruiken Cannon, Twin Shruiken Cannon, Vectored Engines
>Wave Serpent - Shruiken Cannon, Twin Bright Lance, Crystal Targeting Matrix, Spirit Stones
>Star Weaver
>Venom - 2x Splinter Cannon
>Venom - 2x Splinter Cannon

>Ravager - 3x Dark Lance
>Hemlock Wraithfighter

>5x Shining Spears

You'll find terminator spam is going to leave you with some pretty light shooting ability as GK

I think the best use for Seraphim generally are as a screening unit for Celestine. Because of that, I would probably run 1 unit of 9, and 2 units of 5. The 9 pal around with Celestine, and the 2 units of 5 deep strike into cover to hopefully melt something the next turn (because sadly, you can't shoot any special pistols after deep striking with seraphim. You deep strike 9 inches away, and all of their good weapons have a 6 inch range).

Also, losing relentless on the termies made psycannons REALLY unappealing.

THE WORST KIND OF FAGGOT

Swap the babycarriers and action figures plane with dreadnoughts and you're fine

Bro you need to be a certified color-ologist with at least 200 hours of lab experience creating completely new shades on the color spectrum before you can talk about what is or isn't peach. That's USUALLY how it works around here!

You do understand how the game is played right?
Your poor list wouldn't survive more than 3 rounds against superior tau firepower.

my sides are orbit adjacent

shittide/10

What memery is this. Explain yourself

Think what you like - I have so many -1 or -2 to be hit vehicles that I'll cut your firepower in half.

You do realize that there are only 2 units in that list that don't have a -1 to be hit right? I'm not really worried about your hitting on 5s army - you're just a more expensive Ork.

RIP on the pistols didn't even think of that.

I like your idea. I could cut up one of my spare superiors, as I have one, and give her pistols or some such and have 10/5/5

Thanks for the help.

Yeah my list will be mostly ship. I have 80-90 bolter sisters, 10ish storm bolers, 6 ish flamers, 2 meltas, 1 multimelta, 2 immolators, 1 rhino, an exorcist on order, and 20 repentia coming in the mail. Also an Avenger.

TLDR: I'm not going to be winning any tournaments. If I find serious need for AT, I'll bring in AM HWT... but was hoping to do a pure list of Sisters.

>TFW the terminators on the right can no longer legally be Thousand Sons thanks to the new rules

Oh sure GW, any more of my carefully converted models you'd like to take a shit on ?

I mean you're handicapped because you play Tau but that's a fucking awful list. Anything fast and fighty or hell fast and shooty will take you apart.

It's like that Facebook shit about the striped dress being black or blue all over again.

why not just use them as normal scarab terminators?

I would definitely consider buying some dominions when you can. They're incredible, maybe the best unit in the index.

CSM got cataphract now?

I have the same problem, I have squads that are mixed suits or even models with mixed parts and I don't have enough models to field them as any specific squad. Some of their wargear is locked to specific suits too but may be on the wrong suit or not enough guys to field them, e.g. Assault Cannon Tartaros guys.

Doesn't look THAT bad

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M

Maybe because they quite obviously are holding combi-melta's, which SO don't have, and only one has something that could pass for a powersword, which SO have.

>these are scarab termies
>ok, sounds good
i dont see the real issue here

Is there any way to access the 8th edition list builder through Internet Archive or other means? I don't want the dream to die man.

What kind of problems would I run into playing this?

Dark Angels 1994/2000
Vanguard Detachment-
Asmodai
Deathwing Ancient w/THSS
Deathwing Apothecary
Deathwing Knights x5 w/Watcher in the Dark
Deathwing Champion

Air Wing Detachment-
Caestus Assault Ram
Fire Raptor Gunship
Dark Talon
2x Nephilim Jetfighter

>ion accelerator
>riptides
>3 broadsides in one squad
>HRR
fucking kek this list made me laugh, half your army is suboptimal/bad choices
also your detachment is illegal as you only have 1 hq

>dominions
Aren't those just regular sister models with special weapons? I could easily field those. I just don't have tons of Melta... but I still find my storm bolters being amazing. Especially with the acts of faith giving me fucking rapid fire 8 at half range.

QED

It's a good thing they didn't, otherwise everyone would've just agreed and we wouldn't have hilarious maymays.

Even the church meme came from an actually really good airbrushed paintjob.

sadly I do not have that program... yet

Follow up question: Immolators. Should I turn my Rhino into a 3rd (I do have the bits, just not the windscreens or bits to make them all the same.)

Also I've been running MM, should I consider Heavy Flamers?

It's currently $9.99 on steam.

Enlighten me on the church meme? irony of that sentence is not lost on me

Mind explaining what this current meme and church members are?

Yeah, pretty much. The thing about them is that they make your mechanized units crazy fast.

Consider turning your rhino into a repressor (forgeworld index). It's not too hard a conversion IIRC.

I might make a kit for it... but my store tends to shun on FW conversions unless you own the actual resin. No more sale so...I'm SOL for now.

>LITTLE BOY YOU WANT SOME CANDY?

not him, but whats the name of it, i searched table top on steam and came up nothing

it's a shame my dude, I've only been able to play one because of class and work

nevermind i think i see it, im dumb and spelled wrong

Tabletop Simulator.

Here's a subreddit with some resources you'll need.

reddit.com/r/TTSWarhammer40k/

Looking at the FW Indexes, can I take Death Korps stuff along with my non-DK guard?
The DK Chimera is the main thing I'm looking at. It specifies that it can transport AM infantry and Ogryns so I'm assuming I can take it just like any other Chimera or am I wrong?

I can see that certain units like the Marshal specifies that he can only order DK units so I'm guessing if I can take it, it just doesn't get the bonuses from being a DK unit.

thanks user

WAACFAG AHOY!

>Person asks honest question
>Receives screeching

multilasers are worse than heavy bolters vs everything in the game and cost more, tons of guard players are gonna be changing chimera turrets.

Anyone?

You can take literally any imperium units in the same detachment.

But it might be a little weird fluff wise.

Yes, the Death Korp rules are permissive. These units may be from the Death Guard, and if they are, they gain these rules, or have some limitations.

Contrast something like the Ynnari, which explicitly sets army wide limitations, and you can see the kind of language that would prevent you from doing what you want to do.

Contrast

so weird that we had Bolter rifles and now we have Bolter rifle Rifles

7 storm bolters, 6 flamers, 2 meltas

In theory I could cut the bolters off the sisters aiming it off to the side and replace with plastic Meltas if I should have more. What's best Dominions set up these days?

Bro I shelved my GK because of this edition :/ unless some one starts talking shit to me with demons, they are just gonna look pretty.

It's a better list than the user who spammed flachions

peraonally I like to run halberds myself

But my signature move is 10 purifiers Crowe and a banner in a land raider crusader, jump out and nuke the place

Transports are awesome now

Also I wonder if dreaknights with teleports Flanders will be better now

RIP instant death Psilencers, you will be missed
I once one shotted a riptide with em in 7th

when did you have bolter rifles before? they were just bolters

If you can get a repressor, I love 4 flamers or melta, but all of their options are good. The repressor can move 36+2d6 inches in the first turn thanks to Celestine, Dominions, and Acts of Faith, allowing you to first turn melta/flamer something.

Supressor can make acts of faith? Other sisters vehicle units can't.

Same user; I live in the middle of nowhere and am still building/painting my dudes.

ah yes, the guy who has sources. i too, have sources

Do we have any idea how codices are dropping? It seems like it won't be possible to have a balanced match between someone who does and someone who does not have their codex.

The Act of Faith Celestine gives you can be used on any Adepta Soritas unit.

What the hell is up with these guard crew ?

Poor RGG

i think we are just going to have to suck it up and wait for our codex's. i feel sorry for the ork/SoB/necron players who will be getting theirs last