Dominaria

So now that we're officially going back to Dominaria, How different should we expect it to be?

Making it entirely new with minimal mechanical revisitations would defeat the purpose of even making it a thing; how disappointing would it be if we only saw names long-forgotten in the flavor text and the game doesn't mechanically resemble the way it did over ten years ago?

Do you want old slivers back to represent the aftereffects of the Riptide cataclysm? Or do you want nu-slivers so that all slivers you control gain T H I C C?

Karn walker? Allusions to Serra, Yawgmoth, Volrath, Urza?

Will goblins follow the Pete Venters style guide? Do you miss cephalids?

Will we fight Phyrexia here again?

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&subtype= ["Angel"]&format= ["Standard"]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>slivers with huge tits, child-bearing hips, and thunder thighs
>but the artist is still too much of a pussy to draw feet
What a pathetic piece of artwork
It simultaneously spits on the concept of slivers as it reveals the artist's faults.

Foot fetishists truly are the worst

it's edited friend

I don't want any slivers
Wizards fucked them up once already

I'm assuming Dominaria is going to be a pandering nostalgia fest like the dark souls sequels were and I have no hope for good shit

Naw, hiding feet and/or hands is a legendary red flag for bad art because 'oh shit these are hard to draw'

ask /ic/ if you don't believe me

>feet
Fuck off footfag go back to haunting Sh0eonHead's YouTube comment section

Do you pronounce it domin-area, as in the zone or domin-aria as in the song?

I pronounced it "area" for ten years and got triggered when they pronounced it "aria" in the recent announcement vid.

I glanced at the name years ago, never truly read it, and have been saying "Domm-in-ear-ah" ever since...

Even though it's wrong, I still like it better than "Domin-aria".

The Sleen Slivers don't really have conventional feet.

Like Mongolia, but replace Mongol with Dominar.

Still has nice hips.

Which is absolutely something slivers should not have.

In the process of typing out a response I realized I don't actually miss Dominaria: what I miss is the game as it was prior to 2007 or so.

There are a few things that could bring that feeling back, certain tribes being represented among those. Certain familiar names would do it too, as would familiar keywords (many of which are disappointingly high on the Storm scale). But nothing would scream "old Magic" to me quite like an angel to beat face with. Like Serra Angel with an upside, or an angrier Linvala, Keeper of Silence. They used to be such a satisfying way to finish out a game, but lately they just haven't done it.

I'm pretty sure standard is full of big stupid angels with busted effects right now.....

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&subtype= ["Angel"]&format= ["Standard"]
Yuuuuuup, there is no lack of angels at the moment.

How many strong, sassy women of color are we going to encounter in this Plane?

As long as it is a revived sisay im all in

Domin-aria, because I was taught to pronounce things one syllable at a time if I don't know how to pronounce something. As I'm clearly no expert in English grammar and other letter rules, I don't know what about the name would cause the first A to have a "long A" sound.
Succubus Sliver Tyrannids when?

>Yfw Dominaria is currently salvaging Phyrexian/Urza designed weapons in order to combat again planeswalkers and is forming an anti planeswalker coalition.

Grandeur. Card amount shenanigans in general, viable tutors, standard is now nerfed vintage.

Kavu gone native is one. Reprinting Fires of Yavimaya would be nice. Compared to that kind of potential, Slivers actually feel like wasted design space.

I would love more of the Invasion block, mostly in the way of monocolored creatures interacting with other colors but not requiring them, but that was probably a special thing that's never comng back.

It would still be cool to have Abilites: The Activatening again, or even reprint the disciple cycle.

>Off base opinion coming up!

Last time we "saw" Mishra he was in old world phyrexia chained up and being tortured. This was revealed to Urza by big Yaw himself. Some questions as to whether this was Real or just some illusion Yaw conjured up aren't even clear in the book.

>Hoping
Turns out this WAS really Mishra. He's been phyrexized (as we now) so surviving his untimely demise turned out not to be so impossible. Having been brought over in the overlay he awakens to find himself now free.
Turning into a new villain (or redemption hero?) that ISN'T a planewalker but has enough know-how to take on anything WotC can throw at him without being an auto-win. Including Mr. Bolas.

Yeah, and how many of those are overcosted bodies with irrelevant abilities stapled to them, or are sitting firmly in Bolt range (which IS relevant on a creature 4cmc or higher)? There's maybe two of the 22 in Standard right now that are solid all-around curve toppers.

Given that there won't probably be ten angels in our return to Dominaria set, it's a fair concern that none of them will be worth playing or will be painfully narrow if they are. They haven't had a great hit rate recently.

I'd rather see Gix than Mishra.

Mishra could get me interested in the dogshit fluff again. Mishra for life

THIS was some serious SOB adversary. Miss his cycle so much.

>like the dark souls sequels
right in the feels dude

The Grandeur cycle would be a great way to show how Dominaria has changed.
It would also be a good time to print the futureshifted vanillas

thicc

Domin-aria.
It is the Song of Dominia.

He wouldn't have been brought over by the overlay because he was on Phyrexia, not Rath, and the Rathi Overlay had already happened.
Now, it IS technically possible to have him be around, if it was indeed him there - it would've required was him managing to escape when Phyrexia got blown to shit and Yawg was being blown to shit, then finding a portal to SOMEWHERE (and then from there to Dominaria, IIRC he wouldn't have been able to go straight there due to various circumstances). And, you know, not being a construct designed solely to fuck with Urza.
It is a slim possibility, but it is a possibility.