/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

No longer hot garbage edition

Last Thread: (Cross-thread)

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpAWIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

basilisks are cheap

Second for libertarian tau enclaves.

Dreadnoughts are love.

Or Democratic Enclaves.

>Post says garbage
>File says trash

Which is it, huh? Get your story straight!

Fulgrim special rules leaked
Superior Primarch: Does bonus D6 mortal wounds in addition to normal damage when wounding the enemy
Primarch Panic: All enemy and models within 12'' suffer -2 to their LD

the_joke.jpeg.gif

What's the 40k scene like in Los Angeles?

They seem a little durable for their cost. 100pts for an Earthshaker and Heavy Bolter riding around on 11 decently tough wounds with a good save.

Storm talons are crazy good

I mean it's a huge city so there's lots of people. Where in particular?

>los angeles
>posts commi car

How would you guys model a soulburner rebaudkin for a hellforged leviathan? Im thinking a grav flux bombard with some spikey bits and some glowley effects, maybe extendinh ribbed prongs etc.

I've heard good things. Simi Valley and Fillmore areas are pretty heavy in that stuff

The guy who created the new Chapter from earlier. Here's the first test marine

Why'd you leave it in a pool of mud over the weekend

How'd you get him to stick to the wall?

Because Seraphim Sepia is liquid gold

Shit, I don't know why my phone formatted them that way

Anyone tried a full 10 man squad of vanilla nobs (sluggas and choppas)? Maybe carted around ina trukk?

You find the guy who told you to paint like that?

Dreadnoughts are lifesupport

I want to make egyptish orange and brown colored thousand sons, what colors would you use?

Gave em kombi-skorchas and had a field day with vanilla nobz in a trukk. expensive but hilarious

This thing is nuts for 75 points. Why shouldn't I run several?

My mate is playing two Basilisks and a Manticore - shit is fucking nasty.

Orange and brown, mate.

That looks positively fun

Cause it is pure meme
>Average S8 Attacks 8
Right off the bat attacking a vehicle with T7 or less and a 4+
3.55 wounds inflicted

If you got dice BS, possibility of S12 Attacks 12 in which case it can basically kill any T6 vehicle in one fight

>ever having fun

That's not from the index, is it

Holy Shit Holy Shit Holy Shit

Anybody who's got some game time in have thoughts on the new fliers mechanics?

I like rules that make me have to think about my next turn, but the whole " turn 90 degrees...destroyed if it flies off" thing seems like a pain in the ass, non-thematic mechanic that's just there to keep em balanced now that firing arcs aren't a thing.

Use a melta instead, it's the only weapon the CSM one has no rules for.

3.55 wounds per turn at 75pts isn't too shabby. Not godly, but not bad.

As a Valk Player I don't mind it too much. It makes a bit more sense. Think of them moving off the board as them having to bug out for some reason (Enemy CAP/AA, Bingo Fuel etc)

Plus if you can't handle a 20" Min move well..

It's from the FW Chaos index

I just finished looking at my nids.
Carnifexes with double double Deathspitters are what, 87 or 107 points now?
Either way they're cheap, but are they good? On paper they looks better than before.

And how are dakka flyrants (wings+double double deathspitter), is that still the best way to run em or do I give them a melee weapon as well? 12 highly mobile S7 AP -1 shots seems good.

THREADLY REMINDER

would a couple of basilisks be good in a genestealer cult army.
thinking of taking small IG detatchment for some.

What are you working on, /40kg/?

I just wrapped up tonight's progress on these suits while watching some Heroes and Halfwits.

It makes me sad to watch because my group can't coordinate well enough for a weekly session to play DnD,Shadowrun,etc., 40k is only possible because it requires 2 people.

They're okay

flyants are okay too

just okay

The odds of hitting 20 wounds is pretty low, thats why. youll be at 9 wounds and mediocre most of the time.

:(
To be fair that's all they really were before, it's just that they shined to the rest of the garbage us 'nids had.

Getting towards the end of my wyches, I've just got a little bit of additional stuff to do like pouches, and shades on a couple of other smaller parts.
Unfortunately, my lighting at home isn't good enough, so I've gotta wait til next Friday or so, when I can go into my LGS to do em up.

I don't understand this standard index / FW. Is FW GW tournament legal?

whats the general opinion on primaris marines, lore wise?

Just finished basecoating a few Hammerhead chassis.

FW is a subsection of GW. Hypothetically all their stuff should be GW legal, but their rules for 8e are absolutely awful, not only wildly imbalanced, but full of hilarious typos and rules errors. I'd expect FW to be disallowed until issues are addressed.

FW is part of GW.
There's no standardized tournament rules so its all up to the particular TO and anybof their house rules. But it is almost always allowed.

So I really want to run my Imperial Fists as normal, but they're primarily my Horus Heresy force; how weird would Primaris look next to armor patterns no higher than MKIV?

Also any luck running Primaris thus far? They seme neat.

Pretty gud, in the valley we have a nice acene, where you at specifically?

Yeah and it heals itself pretty much every turn. And if you get some sick rolls, it'll earn its points easily

>the plastic chaplain is SOLD OUT ONLINE on the GW site (USA)
fucking why

no weirder than next to mkvii

>But it is almost always allowed.

No it isn't.

Forgworld has always had sketchy rules / balance and until recently was treated with the same skepticism as superheavies and only allowed in a handful of tournaments

There's already a libertarian faction, it's called Drukhari

for

I generally can't even get two people together for Warhammer...

eh varies by region i guess.
here in australia its been allowed as standard for 4 or 5 years now and was picking up acceptance from mid 5e onwards.

It is as a recess shade, clean up those solid panels

literal pun is literal

Their rules are still a hot mess of garbage and OP shit.

I think (and hope) that some of the writers, who are tired of a setting that was meant to be a joke decided to troll all the people who take the setting seriously.
>Yeah, one of the primarchs is back, and it's the one everyone makes fun of
>Instead of marveling/raging at how the Imperium has turned into the opposite of what it was intended as, he meets his old friend THE OLDEST ADMECH
>IF YOU LIKED SPACE MARINES, WE'VE GOT NEWER MARINES WHO ARE EVEN MARINE-I-ER, AND ELITE-I-ER, AND IT WAS ALL PART OF MY PLAN!!!!

>Not hot Garbage
>When pic related is a premium turd worth 200 kourax

Yes but we have community comp here in aus

Forgeworld and no CC is like that year of geelong heresy where every second army was a titan or gargantuan

Just finished up building the last of my infantry, got thirty of these motherfuckers, three autocannon teams, ten engineers, a mole launcher, and two Russes left to paint.

My Eldar took a beating from some Space Wolves tonight. Plasma is really nasty, shooty wolves are now a thing. Also Bjorn is overpowered. Trueclaw puts out ridiculous damage. Compared to my Avatar which costs roughly the same, Bjorn is much stronger across the board. If it gets in contact with anything, it will destroy it.

Where the fuck do you live, moron, FW is standard in the majority of the planet.

Nid FW shit has always been massively overpriced. Even when the Dimachaeron was the most playable it ever was in like late 6E or early 7E or something like that, it was just "kinda worth its points...unless it gets shot off the board".

Still very slowly chipping away at my nids I purchased years ago. I thought they'd be a great way to learn painting, because who gives a fuck what color your space bugs are....little knowing how much I'd dislike cleaning mold lines from all the books and crannies in the fucking genestealers

Working through a box of Skitarii Vanguard. Holy shit these fuckers are a pain to paint.

All Cawl did was add a couple of glands to the already engineered space marines. All the ass pain you see it just trolls trolling trolls.

Personally I would have preferred Cawl to just introduce new tech/armour marks instead of improved marines but thats just my preference.

store has a friendly doubles tournament coming up so i'm painting up some of my valhallans

so, if felinids are in the Imperium, does that mean that they can join the IG?

So true. I've still got ten Sicarians and two Dragoons to paint, they're not going to be particularly fun. After those, though, I have some Destroyers, Kastelans and a Knight, which actually look kinda fun to paint.

My painting has dramatically slowed thanks to me picking up Shadow of Mordor and discovering Tribes Ascend in the same week, AKA Blood Angel simulator.

what is imperium TV like?

Their home world probably has to tithe a regiment now and then, sure

Depends what the administratum thinks

I'm dreading painting Belisarius Cawl. God help me with that insane mess.

In Ciaphas Cain they reference this

There were basically WW2 serials except with Guardsmen and Lightning pilots

are you going to post that daily or what ?

like those wierd arab TV channels on memritv
lots of religious and politic talks, with random fights breaking out over dumb shit

Favorite bit of the lore?

>fulgrim getting a model anytime soon
lol

>weird
newfag pls

There's no unified TV/media network. Planets with a technological ability for TV will have their own

The only 3 things that connect Imperial worlds to the greater whole are the ecclesiarchy, tithes, and Arbites

If I 3D printed some, How many people will get upset at the table for seeing a platoon of them on the field?

My only Marine army is for 30k and I'm planning on getting some primarines to use with them in 40k. Seeing that the suit incorporates elements from MkIII and IV suits, it should be just fine. And you can swap out parts to make them suit a specific style. I'm thinking of making mine with a bit more MkV style with helmets and studded pads.

>iron warriors
>retarded slaaneshnigger is retarded
Noiselets, when will they learn?

Yeah, I'm totally converting my own Archmagos (with blackjack and hookers), partially because snowflakes and partially because fuck painting and transporting that monstrosity. He made my friend who has a full Carnival of Pain painted up say "that's a bit much", along with the Tzeench player, so I'm staying well away.
Now I just have to figure out how to magnetize the base so I can swap him between 40k 70x105 and 30k 60mm. He's on a metal decking, guess I could just sink a couple magnets into that where his spider limbs meet the floor. Converting and magnetising metal models is a complete PITA, though. I'll work something out, I expect.

an ork warboss going back in time to kill his younger self and steal his gun, so he could have 2 of his favorite gun

i would like to see this redrawn as an SoB hospitalizer

One or two might not be weird as Acolytes.

A platoon? Probably not. They're generally barred from service and restricted to Carlos McConnell.

Might want to thin the Sepia a little bit next time. Or make sure it doesn't that much, Shit even Duncan has told you that. Otherwise, sepia over white with some highlights is quite cool.

Sure, why wouldn't they be? Get yourself some long-range, indirect, and high S shooting. They're awesome.

Next up, boy

Damn, I always get the two mixed up.
Eh, both are equally irrelevant. Oh, Pertub did almost have a claim to fame as being a sacrifice for Fulgrim, so I'm not entirely off

Ahriman and The Death of Dianixis.