>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/declans-green-shit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for dead and why did I make an OP when burgers are asleep AAAAAAAAAAAA

Would mono black stompy be viable in any way?

look up demon stompy.
It's basically big red but with contamination instead of blood moon

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Can lelgacy gen be eternal gen?

I want spicy vinty memes and cheap pauper brews

We don't talk about pauper much but we do discuss vintage sometime. Both those formats are liked here because they are not modern or EDH. Speaking of Vintage, I'm probably going to eternal weekend and so I'll have the opportunity to play it. My white cis-male privilege isn't stronk enough to afford me Power, but I really want to play a combo deck. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards kobold clamp...

The vintage deck I play the most is and always will be grixis gifts, and I heartily recommend it to everyone. It's just about the hardest deck to play and the most satisfying. That said it leans more towards ""control"" than combo.

If you're looking for a fun combo deck Id recommend cobrastorm, although with gush getting the axe that's worse.
Doomsday is fine too

I personally don't see the harm in a legacy/pauper/vintage as none of those three formats can seem to carry a whole thread through.
Thoughts DDFT? I think its most often you or me making an OP.

Might as well just start calling it Eternal General. If it keeps the thread more active without people doinng shitpost bumps than I'm all for it.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/declans-green-shit/

Currently building a new deck with my little brother cause magic has got huge in the school he goes to. Since he's a poorfag high schooler, doesn't really have a lot of money so I threw him together a cheap deck. Trying to find somethong similar to beast within but what else???

Wait no, I'm retarded. We don't need modern inbreds in here. Us namefagging shitposters are bad enough.

Came across my mind, and we wouldn't want EDH mongs in here either. We need a name shorter than MTG Legacy/Vintage/Pauper General that's not as broad as MTG Eternal Formats General

Only a retard imposter would think that modern was an eternal format.

any more recent updated lists?

i thought stoneblade guy makes them usually

-1 Aspect of Hydra
-2 Feed the Clan

+1 Vines of the Vastwood
+2 Heroic Intervention

how the fuck do i beat delver

i kill their lands and they play spells through deathrite

i try to kill deathrite and they always have countermagic

i try to attack their hand and they brainstorm away good cards

what deck do i need to make them suffer
suffer like im suffering
i hate them. i hate delver and delver players from the very pits of my cold dead heart.

play pox

Include whispersilk cloak, glistener elves, two become immense and some mutagenic growths. Everyone will love him. :^)

Just stop fucking around and win the game user.

play 4 vines of vastwood
i'd replace feed the clan with scavenging ooze and swap elvish mystic for any 2-power 1-drop. depending on the meta, dryad militant could be dope. dismember should probably be present in some number and might be a good swap for beast within
if format is loose, a different route he could try is mono green infect since invigorate is really cheap

when i get sick of delver decks i jam painter. ur delver is still hard but generally the decks running drs and brainstorm have a lot of trouble answering: 1) blood moon 2) ensnaring bridge 3) grindstone combo 4) weenie beatdown

Bramblecrush is shitty, but it answers noncreature permanents unconditionally. Treetop Village is good and cheap, as good as it gets for G manlands. Oran-Rief, the Vastwood and Llanowar Reborn are also decent lands for making your big guys bigger.

>a wild scrub wanders into the legacy thread
>bewildered and lost, it doesn't seem to realize the danger it's in
>but rather than eating it, as they commonly would their own young, the thread adopts it and raises it as their own
>truly a miracle of nature

It's almost finished. Lend me your aid elegan/tg/entlemen.
4x animate dead
4x cabal ritual
4x exhume
4x entomb
4x collective brutality
4x dark ritual
4x lotus petal
4x reanimate
4x griselbrand
2x tendrils of agony
2x children of korlis
X spell/reanimation target
X swamp

What's your sideboard plan look like? You might want a few W sources other than the Petals so you can cast Disenchant g2 to clear the Grafdiggers and Leylines.

I do not have a sideboard (yet).
If you think i have too little W sources then give a suggestion what would you add/replace. I'm thinking about yawgmoth's will.

Yawgmoths Will is not legal in legacy. You will want some lands that tap for white. This is where we run in to problems if you are on a tight budget. Unless you run a compliment of fetch lands and some number of fetachable duals, you will need to muddy your land base to ensure access to the colors you need. And you will definitly want them game 2 as your strat is easily hosed by some very nasty cards.

Chalice set to 1 so they waste like 5 turns waiting for a abrupt decay

Thanks man
That will definitely be in my sideboard
Could i have some tips on a scenario without these nasty stratkillers? (The spell/targets and i guess the lands will have some duals)

I found that elesh norn and avacyn, angel of hope are pretty fun reanimation targets atleast for casual.

For competitive what about tidespout tyrant/iona?

What exactly are you asking?

Look at my first post
Then, think of the most rad black spell that is compatible with my deck or reanimation target of any color you could think of (except for those who require additional spells like the flying spaghetti monster).
Write them down for me.

Play lands, friend. The delver matchup is very favorable. You get to kill all their lands with wasteland/loam AND all their creatures with pfire/grove. Then kill them in one turn with a 20/20

Elesh & avacyn would be awesome but it would kill my wallet even harder to have either of them. Iona would be absolutely disgusting if my local players would play monocolored decks, but they don't (unfortunately). Tidespout tyrant is pretty kewl; will consider.

Probably Thoughtseize or Unmask.

Budget recommendations I could give you are old gisela and akroma, angel of wrath. Maybe jin-gitaxias, core augur?

Old Sigarda is pretty fun too, flying, hexproof and shuts off lotv. Atleast her -2.

I'd have to echo the other guy. Thoughtseize and Unmask are great and fit perfectly. I run both but I think unmask is the most badass. Thoughtseize would probably be best for your list though.
In regards to reanimation targets: Grave Titan, Tidespout Tyrant, Elesh Norn, Inkwell Leviathan, Iona, Sire of Insanity, and my girl here.

Explain gitaxias to me
It just seems awful to me to draw 7 just before discarding the leftovers and killing my library.

He will fill your hand (allowing multiple reanimations on subsequent turns) and dump your opponents should he live long enough. Your opponent or Jin himself should be dead long before decking becomes an issue.

Jin also does a suitable impression of Big G if the later gets exiled.

Basically what
and said.

If he sticks around he gives you so much advantage, fills your graveyard with other reanimation targets and helps you to draw into reanimation spells while your opponet has no hand anymore.

considering how big your creatures are the drawback of being forced to draw seven should not matter. Treat him as griselbrand five basically.

The OP pic for the EDH thread is throwing me off.

4x animate dead
4x cabal ritual
4x exhume
4x entomb
4x collective brutality
4x dark ritual
4x lotus petal
4x reanimate
4x griselbrand
2x tendrils of agony
2x children of korlis
1x jin-gitaxias, core augur
1x tidespout tyrant
4x orzhov basilica
14x swamp
Is this ok?

Everything but the land. You cannot hope for any consistency with only a play set of... are those bounce lands? Shit son, you might be better off with a basic plains or two and some evolving wilds/ terramorphic expanse.

Dredge.

Orzhov guildgate instead?

What about isolated chapel? Sucks that enemy colours never quite get the love that ally colours get when it comes to lands and stuff.

Use actual big boy duals user.
And fetches.

Yes; that will do.
At last, it is complete (not counting the sideboard).
Thank you elegan/tg/entlemen.
Have a (you).

He seems to be on a budget so I made the budget suggestion.

He should state his budget, and have a % be land-reserved, plus I'm sure there is a land that painlands are "cheap" as dual comes, and so are fastlands and they're basically what he wants.

Alternatively: try to go full mono B because multicolored that isn't dredge is asking for manabase troubles.

I did originaly want to go mono b
But i'd need to replace children of korlis.
Maybe 2 more tendrils?

Of course caves of koilos are even cheaper but I mean concealed courtyard costs like 5€ a piece. so Isolated chapel seems like a suitable option or not?

After that it's godless shrine for 8€ or something like fetid heath for 14€ a piece.

Unless there is something in between that comes into play untapped.

Concealed is a fastland, take the one you want the most (neither maters, but I feel fastland is better on a fast combo deck) and you don't want Iolated as you can go off a single land, you don't want ETB tapped lands earlier on.

I'd say acquiring a few fetid heaths (2-3 since they're a seriously bad color combo in legacy (WB) they might not be of much work for other decks).

Also a general protip for everyone: NEVER. SKIM. ON. MANABASE.

Same

> Doomsday now synonymous with unenjoyable EDH players

Fuck 4c loam. Pre board its like 60-40, maybe a bit better. Post board it feels like 20-80. It really makes me miss top cause I can't dig for answers with chalice out. I'm kind of thinking this might be a match up where I side out doomsday and just lean hard on ETW

Is this card legacy playable?

if BUG gets popular maybe a bit.

How about australian highlander? I need to shitbrew somewhere

>miracle

f

Goblins or Burn?

goblins for style points

I am determined to come up with a shitbrew for these things.

I'll run him in my SB in canadian the next time I play at a tournament. I run 2 TNN in the board and this sleek MF would be alright against BUG(x) Leovold decks.

Can't go wrong with Thrumming Stone with Labatory Manic as an alternate win.

Just play death and taxes

>Chalice on 1 can't beat tarmogoyf, TNN, FoW, Daze, Pyromancer, etc etc etc
Any delver player that scoops at chalice is retard

Iiiinteresting

>4 cards

>F O U R C A R D S

it's like a crappy mind's desire that is only useful after resolving a Doomsday

The red Opportunity.

BREWING

I don't think it will be good

>red mage's undying fury at getting shafted every.singe.time

Could they have been any more fucking thorough in making sure this card was potentialess trash? Holy FUCK

It really really REALLY fucking upsets me that this isn't "hazoret's last _____"

hazoret's last laugh

It seems like it would be good, problem is getting to 4RRBBB on one turn.
Makes me think . . .
Manamorphose and wild cantor+pact

somehow, every single clause and every single variable in the rules text is objectively bad

i feel bad for people who unpack these at the prerelease

dominia bump- the choice of benalish heroes everywhere

Have you seen the rares in this set? Even the ones that aren't awful are unplayable in limited

TES is supposed to be an Ad Nauseam deck, right? like that's it's plan A? Why are my Ad Nauseams such shit? I just went 1-3 drop in a league and every game I lost was because my Ad Nauseams killed me from 15+ life, often with mana floating. And this isn't the first time this has happened. I either go 4-1 or 1-3 drop and 50+% of my Ad Nauseams fail.

I only play Doomsday in EDH because I'm a poorfag who can't into Legacy yet. My deck is an eternal F for miracles since it still runs top :^)

EDHFAG PLS GO

No, chalice isn't always an auto win, but sometimes it fucks up their strategy so bad and slows them down so much they just flop.

Are your running the grixis or the 4-color TES build? Also are you running PIF main? I had a lot of fizzles on Ad Nauseam when it was in the deck, it sucks to flip a lot and you win

But senpai I just want to play D+T and DDFT ;-;

Guess who made that thread :^)
(it wasn't DDFT)

All I want for chrismass is more common engines

I'm running Bryant cooks''s list. Grixis, 3 chrome mox main, pif in the board.

just buy fakes lol

Is Palinchron playable in any other legacy deck than high tide?

Is palichron even playable in high tide?

Anyone got legacy abzan lists?
Where you from m8?
You from the isles?

I've contemplated it to be quite honest family, but I feel like I would feel dirty.

Abzan Nic Fit, Dark Maverick or a deadguy ale splashing green are probably your best bets for legacy abzan

You get over those feelings very fast

After thousands of people crying in standard because combo didn't let them tap creatures sideways? yes

I'm currently building upon a budget Mono White Tokens deck list that I found with bits in my collection, and I wanted peoples opinions from here.

For an agro-tokens deck, how is the Cartouche of Solidarity seen? It's one white, so it's well within curve for the deck, and it seems to be pretty good.
Should I include a couple?