How to make interesting gods?

Veeky Forums, I'm working on the gods for my setting, and I'm wondering how I can make them interesting. What makes a compelling god? Does it basically come down to the people that worship them?

I'm noticing that it is significantly harder to write "evil" gods, if you're trying to be authentic and stray away from edgy shit.

The first evil god that I'm working on is a god of Revelry in calamity, debauchery, lust, and depravity. Humans often depict him as a large elephant or ape-like creature with a fat, muscular form.

How do I go about building a mythology around him? If he is going to be a villain, or rather "inspire" villains of a campaign, how would I got about deciding his motivations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4J9i91IuHOo
youtu.be/MrBW4EArpsM
youtu.be/7bCzbUiB87M
youtu.be/7NxhEq_VKH8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It really depends on how much you want to involve gods in your campaign world. I prefer to keep them as part of the scenery and not active participants. An evil god is not a villain to defeat, he is more of an obstacle to overcome - you can smash down his temples and kill his priests, reduce his worshipers to nearly nothing for all perceivable future, but you won't be removing an evil god permanently. Gods are inscrutable and more of pillars of existence than sufficiently powerful adventurers.

If you have a pantheon of specialized gods, there has to be a decent reason for someone to support an evil god of raping and killing puppies and kittens over some other god that actually promises good things to its' adherents.

>The first evil god that I'm working on is a god of Revelry in calamity, debauchery, lust, and depravity. Humans often depict him as a large elephant or ape-like creature with a fat, muscular form.

Make him a big jolly guy like Bhudda, who's all about just having a real nice party and hanging out with your friends. However, his idea of a good party tends to involve millions of people dying. But in person he's just this really chill fat guy who encourages people to let loose and have fun. His kind of fun, that is.

>there has to be a decent reason for someone to support an evil god
Yeah. That's a really good point. Some of the published modules that use evil gods don't even do this right.

Why DOES a person decide to worship an evil god?
I guess they have to make a promise to their followers that is greater than what's being offered by "good" gods.

I guess this means that it's important to observe the philosophies associated with different gods and their religions.

Make your evil god basically a prison warden. Yeah, he's evil, and yeah, he's a monster. BUT, if his domain within the spirit realm or whatever didn't exist, then all the souls of the rapist, murderers, sadists, and psychopaths would be free to roam the countryside.

The only thing I can think of that's worse than being raped and tortured as a child, is being haunted for the rest of your adult life by the souls of those who raped and tortured you after they all died for one reason or another.

So yeah, truly sick twisted souls can and do worship this god, because they gain short term benefits. But the long term benefits for everyone involved is that the evil god/gods keep the evil souls contained in the afterlife.

>What makes a compelling god?
Personality. Not usually their representation, but why they represent it or how they do it.
>Does it basically come down to the people that worship them?
Typically, no. The people worship them because they hold the same values or find them virtuous or true. Also rephrase this, I thought you meant to physically descend on them
>...if you're trying to be authentic and stray away from edgy shit.
This usually depends on the setting and what the people view as evil.
If it's your typical "murder, thievery, and all things gross" type of evil, then you don't have much outside of edgy that is still believable.
If it's something unique like keeping animals, then your evil god may have a menagerie or you'll find their symbol on animal-sized cages.
>god of Revelry in calamity, debauchery, lust, and depravity...fat, muscular form.
Think if Dionysus had the rape tendencies of Zeus, but the figure of Buddha.
>building a mythology around him?
Maybe there was a war between the gods and mortals, and he was a manipulator and took on human form, trying to fuck with people. Maybe there was a pantheon-sized disagreement and he just didn't give a shit. Maybe instead of take things seriously or ever heed warning, he just drank wine and tried bondage. It's up to your imagination.
>...how would I go about deciding his motivation?
Maybe he's a sadist or a cynicist. Maybe he just wants a really fucked up party going on down on Earth at all times, and his worshippers are just lazy bums who do what they want because it's fun.
As for the villains' motivations, maybe he promises eternal happiness as long as he's fucking up someone's day. Perhaps the villain has a rape dungeon or has killed someone, and he thought that was really cool of him and gave him powers of fucking stuff up for fun. Again, up to you and how you run the world.

Tl;dr

Or it could be like Hades in greek theology: you simply feared him so much that you had to appease him with the occasional tribute

>Hey evil-buddha, this is a really great party man! Lots of snacks, great music and drinks. Lots of cute girls...
>He laughs, sitting back, "I'm glad you're enjoying it user! Say... How 'bout let's really get this party started!"
>A line of 50 slave girls come in, all chained together in a row. Evil-buddha releases their manacles, then pours a box of daggers in the center of the room
>He laughs then slaps you on the back, "The last one standing gets to fuck my friend, here. Then she's a free woman..."

I don't see much need to appease a god of revelry, since he's all about enjoying himself.
Unless they were human sacrifices.

In general terms? Make religions, rather than gods. There's a list, dr Zahir's questionnaire, that will help with making cultures and figuring out what's most important to them. Those important bits are your portfolios, and stories explaining or highlighting them are your myths. If they repeat across cultures, you have you major dieties and their aspects. Do it right and you have sensible religions that people would join and follow, as well as some quirks and oddities that make them memorable. The more you know about your world, the less you have to make up, and the more engaging it may be.

I love this idea actually. The most sadistic shit and he treats it like a game, playing with freedom and mortality.

Shamelessly going to steal this idea here for my own use later on.

This is actively painful to read.

I'm thinking of calling this god "Hraug" or "Hraug, The Reveler of Calamity"

What are other scenarios that Hraug would put mortals into?

Watch Kaiji. Literally every situation in the anime is engineered by an incredibly rich, evil asshole.

Think of the Hunger Games.
Now add good writing.
Your reason for this crucible is already answered: Hraug.
That.

"Mindless brainwashed cultists" only go this far, typically. I think that it helps for evil gods to have more encompassing pantheons that aren't necessarily all about evil things. Urgathoa from Golarion's pantheon, for example, is a fairly generic life-hating goddess of undead but she is also a goddess of excess. You don't necessarily have to be an evil necromancer to pursue her - you could be a hedonist, trying to wring the most out of life in an admittedly selfish matter. At your death bed you might take the final plunge so you can savour your plunder beyond the mortal coil.

I don't think she's a particularly good example, but I like the connection between excess, selfishness, and undeath.

Faustian deals can be a pretty good motivator for some unscrupulous people too. Good gods won't help you off a competitor, but if you sacrifice an innocent to the God of Murder during new moon, that enemy of yours just might fall onto a blade. It's too bad that these dark deals often have further implications...

Here, take this it should help.
It deals with making a religion, why people would worship an "evil" god, and even some on how magic might work.

HOLY SHIT! I think I've seen this before, but I didn't have it saved. (I didn't even think about it, actually.) Thanks user!

>once a year have his followers capture the most loving, gentle, kind mother in the entire village/town/city
>bring her to the temple along with her spouse and all of her children
>force her to choose between killing one of her own children, or watching as they all die
>the blade she is holding is merely illusionary
>after her attempt at murder fails, tell the sacrificial child that their mother doesn't love them as much as her other children
>give the child the choice of joining their order by commanding the execution of all of their family members, or return home knowing their own mother would have willingly killed them to save her favorites
>no matter what choice is made, Hraug has received his entertainment

>Party marathon
>Last 100 partiers get divine gifts
>the ones who succumb, one way or the other, get warped into living furniture to replace all the shit that gets smashed (and is smashed again).
>besides that it is a normal party with drinking contests, rousing songs, and a general good time had by all.

>It's too bad that these dark deals often have further implications...

See, I think that this is one of the reasons why I have trouble writing evil gods.
Because evil gods mostly have bad intentions and are usually very clever.
As you can tell by how poor my my writing skills are, I'm not very clever, nor am I good at coming up with subtle intentions beyond the surface of a deal.

No problem, I've been using to it set the background of a world for wargaming. There can't be the "Land of a Million Gods" without a few examples.

Just make it petty shit. Like:
>woman makes deal with Hraug
>woman is transformed into most beautiful chick in all the lands
>perfect tits, perfect ass, 10/10 would fug
>every person she has sex with winds up with puss oozing warts covering their entire genitals

If you feel like it, make that weakness into a strength. If you can't write in clever, subtle deals underneath the surface, maybe they don't exist. He just wants to see someone get mutilated in good fun.

That sounds like it would come from a god of disease and infection more than a god of revelry in chaos.

>>every person she has sex with winds up with puss oozing warts covering their entire genitals

Nah that isn't very party like. A better thing would be that she's so attractive everyone is constantly lusting after her. Even that 90 year old man down the street. Or the happily married groom. Or her own father.

This is sadistic and evil and you should feel ashamed for even thinking this. Something must be seriously wrong for thinking like this.
I love it so much I'm stealing it.

Well, it doesn't have to be warts on your dick, it could be something else.

Not just people, animals too.

Aw gosh, thanks user.

Hraug is the fuckin' best!

>It is rumored that there is a legendary wine that is made from very specific ingredients
>The legend says that if it is poured into a golden cup, by one of noble birth that it grants immortal life

>It takes months of preperation to acquire the grapes for this wine
>It takes years to gather the other ingredients
>It must be stored in perfect conditions, and if it goes bad you must start over
>A craftsman must learn his spend his entire life learning the secrets of the trade specifically for this one serving

>It is actually just a very powerful poison
>The legend is circulated by Hraug himself... Just because...

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

>The followers treat this whole process as a harmless prank and joke around and laugh as it all happens, with the same innocence and jollity as though it was a harmless jest.
>They're all just here for a good time, after all.

"Geeze man, relax, nine times out of ten nobody even dies!"

I'm imagining after she "stabs" one of her kids some cultists jump out and throw confetti over everyone in a "gotcha!" moment and a laughtrack comes out of nowhere.

That's what I think the core of Hraug's worship is about. None of them are edgy or evil-sounding. They all act and look like mirthful revelers out on the town ready to have some fun with their bros.

Either very "human", or 100% one dimensional.

Simple one, but
>gift a villager on his moon day with a closed vase
>within is a venomous serpent who will obey your every command
>"The vase is very nice, and the prince will be making his way through tomorrow. The prince would love a vase like this, and a vassal like you. Take the prince's things in the night; they are yours now."
>oh, and the snake can't actually be controlled

The most suspenseful, complicated prank ever, just to watch someone waste their lives and kill themselves. Genius.

Assuming that gods do not take active participation in world events, they would have to work through intermediaries. Their priests, their divine servants, or even their avatars when things get dire.

I would think that even in a generic fantasy culture, an average person would give only nominal respects to the gods. To a commoner, the great god of farming and abundance is at best at the back of their mind. The fields still need tilling, and no matter how you venerate a god, he won't do it for you. An average pirate or soldier might carry a few trinkets of appropriate gods, but they're hardly devout.

Anyone who actually takes effort to venerate a god would have a greater connection. An average peasant from before might sacrifice some of his crop to the great Tiller of Skies once a year but unlike a priest he's not really bound to that god.

So if there is a great drought, the peasant might just go hungry but the priest might see visions sent by the god and be divinely compelled to act.

Followers of evil gods would have a much closer connection to their god simply because most of these gods would be underground. No functional society would openly venerate gods of murder - that's bad business for everyone even if the local duke goes peasant-huntin' every other month. So to follow an evil god is not just going into a church for your weekly sermon and forgetting the whole thing five minutes after, it involves willingly becoming its tool on the mortal realm.

The God of Murder doesn't physically come down and smite someone, but his followers are compelled to eventually have secretive meetings, form their own assassin guilds and the rest follows. If you're praying to a god of murder for the death of your competitor, you're probably into some shady shit to begin with - if you weren't, you wouldn't try to murder a guy to begin with.

I think I found a patron saint of Hraug
youtu.be/4J9i91IuHOo

>That's what I think the core of Hraug's worship is about.

Yeah, I think that's the core thing. Half of it has to be "a practical joke gone wrong" or a party that's went too far.

Whenever a highschooler throws a party while his parents are out of town, and he's not able to get it cleaned up in time? Hraug is there.

Whenever some asshat is doing a prank video for youtube and he accidentally starts a fire in his apartment? Hraug is there.

Whenever a huge battle breaks out, and the victors stand over the bodies of their slain foe, letting out a joyous cry, Hraug is satiated.

Whenever a raider throws a woman over his shoulder to make a slave of her, Hraug excitedly grinds his teeth and drools in the darkness.

>Whenever a huge battle breaks out, and the victors stand over the bodies of their slain foe, letting out a joyous cry, Hraug is satiated.
>Whenever a raider throws a woman over his shoulder to make a slave of her, Hraug excitedly grinds his teeth and drools in the darkness.
These two have nothing to do with the first three

HAHAHAH! I knew what this video was before I even opened it!

You could literally make a whole campaign where the players undergo a huge labyrinth of traps and challenges, literally months of sessions learning the secrets of "some strange, alien trickster god". And at the end of all of it, there's a masterwork chest. After spending days trying to unlock the box, there is nothing but a bottle of cheap booze and a folded piece of paper that says "Congratulations!"

>parent nearly sacrifices their kid because God said so
Oh hey I read the Bible too.

They're all examples. The first two are
>haha this idiot partied too hard now hes boned. that's funny and I like it.
and the other two are
>that's some shit that I would do, I like that a lot.

Hraug is also the god of revelry in calamity. Whenever there's lots of bloodshed and someone starts celebrating, that's a tribute to him.

Hraug loves REKT threads on /gif/

More Hraug goodness
youtu.be/MrBW4EArpsM

Not him but I think they kinda do. The first is the herald of a victory celebration, so maybe he wouldn't be satiated but he'd certainly be like "Oh shit I might need to keep an eye on this" and the second might imply she'll be entertainment for the night in their camp.

On another note, I think a good way to describe Hraug without mentioning him would be to call him "The God of a Good Time", since that's what he's about. It doesn't need to specifically be a party, it just needs to be an excess of celebration/tomfoolery that inevitably takes a darker turn.

On another nother note, do you guys think this could lead to kingdoms banning parties for fear of Hraug's influence? That could be interesting.

This Hraug is starting to sound pretty neutral.

Hraug's patron saint has competition youtu.be/7bCzbUiB87M

youtu.be/7NxhEq_VKH8

He sounds like a Gary Stu of a god that'd put even YHWH to shame

That's nothing. DoF told Cody WW3 was happening and it's his fault their dogs are gonna die from the nukes. I'll try and dig up the video.

>This Hraug is starting to sound pretty neutral.
That's probably what he wants people to think. Sometimes. I bet he likes to take it slow in places that are farther from his influence/harder to corrupt. Get some people to tempt the locals into having just one more drink, or finally knuckling down and seeing that prostitute that's been giving them looks, or smoking that weird herb that's new in the alleys. Hraug's people are those guys at a party always trying to take it to the next level and pressure people to get involved and lose their inhibitions, even if they feel uncomfortable.

This can probably be mitigated by sticking in some other gods. He just looks tough because he's the only one we have so far. Then again, imagine a setting with this guy as one of the biggest, most central deities. It'd be a fucked up place.

>kingdoms banning parties for fear of Hraug's influence
Oh shit! You're right...

>The only celebrations that are now allowed are heavilly guarded religious affairs that only happen under the the eyes of priests
>Only specific dances are allowed, and drink may only be served with food.
>Even small rural communities that have had festivals for centuries are now forbidden to practice tradition without permission

I should make a goddess of "pastoral living" and harvesting/fertility that is the opposite of Hraug.
For centuries, her followers have celebrated the coming of events in their lives, and it is all ruined because of her fatass brother.

I dunno hiow it fits your style bit gods in my campaigns are mortals. A godpower is reincarnated abilities from person to person and no god can make himself immortal, thus gods are truly fickle creatures. Power manifests at age 14, and person can live up to 200 depending on a race, before dying of old age.
They can be killed just as anyone, but the powers just jump to next random person who then immediately knows this as does immediately godpowers worshippers.

Dozen gods exist at any givem time.

Hmmm... I feel torn between two concepts.
Do I want the pantheon to exist through its influence, like real religions?
Or do I want it to exist in a sort of "psuedo-real" way, like Norse gods?

So this is basically Footloose?

Oh, so now he's a master manipulator and cunning strategist on top of bring a prank obsessed hedonist that's also the god of war and rape?

>You have to be a master manipulator to convince some peasants to liven up their shitty lives by partying just a bit harder

m8

I think what's gotta be figured out is how strong gods are in this setting. Like shit, every setting needs its Zeuses and Poseidons

No, I don't imagine he'd be THAT clever. I think he'd only be able to take influence over people once they've gotten in to a certain mindset, or they're drunk.

But I always did intend for him to be a god of war. I just don't think he'll be THE god of war, in this setting. He's more like the god of rubbing it in people's faces after they've been defeated in battle. And he's only the god of gangrape or celebratory rape.

>For centuries, her followers have celebrated the coming of events in their lives
How would this be the case if there was always Rapist Frat God ruining everything? Parties would never be a thing if each and every one empowered RFG, even without worshipping him.

Kinda like how no surviving human civilization has a "put your dick in a starving crocodile's mouth" gatherings

If we're sticking with D&D's alignment system, Hraug doesn't sound all that evil. Probably Chaotic Neutral, he would accept CE rapists and murderers and CG party hounds just fine and probably enjoy watching them fight.

>he's not THAT clever
>he just has the ENTIRE WORLD fooled!
Christ, he's a fucking LN protagonist. "He's not overpowered, he's just better than everyone in every way!"

>Hraug doesn't sound all that evil.

>A line of 50 slave girls come in, all chained together in a row. Evil-buddha releases their manacles, then pours a box of daggers in the center of the room
>He laughs then slaps you on the back, "The last one standing gets to fuck my friend, here. Then she's a free woman..."

senpai...

Soooooo Monkey Slaanesh

Again, I think this is primarily because we don't know how he scales against other gods. What if there's a dozen other deities in a massive pantheon that are as strong as if not stronger than him? We just don't know.

>Kinda like how no surviving human civilization has a "put your dick in a starving crocodile's mouth" gatherings

pic related

Maybe Hraug is the younger brother of Harvest Goddess? He could be a relatively new god, or maybe he was a god of something else before he became Hraug.

Maybe he was just a good natured god of holidays and special occassions, but one day something happened and he started drinking...
Over the centuries he started getting a little wilder and a little crazier.
Right now he's just ushering people in to mass killings.
But one day, if he's not stopped, he's going to take it to a whole new level, and he's gonna date-rape reality into oblivion.

confirmed for just trying to derail the thread.

Join us in the conversation, instead. Give some input on the specifics. If you think we should tone him down, tell us in what ways. :)

>south Africa
>surviving civilization
It's being propped up by outside support.

Or are you saying Hraug I'd the god of welfare queens too?

I like this. Gods are always supposed to be larger than life and have emotions beyond mortal ken, so what happens when a god fucks something up, gets ostracized, and turns to drink to numb his problems? Maybe that could be a thing for him, one of his weaknesses. You could rile him up by trying to force him to accept responsibility or otherwise blame him for whatever fuckup he did that caused him to become what he is now. Excessive partying can be an avoidance tactic after all.

That's just one edgelord example of Hraug's doing. I'm pretty sure it's made up by anti-Hraug's activists.

Literally everything else he does is party hard and being a sore winner.

How is a derailment if it's a discussion of the topic at hand, retard?

It's actively trying to piss someone off or say their ideas are bad. It really doesn't help and we're trying to help OP create something new and cool.
Even though we've resorted to gatorposting.

Well, he's sort've based on an "Anti-buddha". So, how could we impliment that into him?

DOES ANYONE KNOW A LOT ABOUT BUDDHA? What would an evil, yet jolly buddha be like?

>lazy fat cunts who spend other people's money on their own hedonistic exploits and use their own children as meal tickets to further this life of selfishness
Sounds pretty Hraug to me.

Lonqueesha confirmed for Champion of Hraug

>motivations
First rule of good character building: everyone believes they're doing the right thing, gods are no exception. Some gods may be overtly evil, but they shouldn't think that what they're doing is wrong; they would embrace it as the way things should be. So your god of Revelry might uphold self-serving hedonism as the highest ideal, regardless of the cost to others, and scorn anything else as self-deceiving altruism at best, or an oppressive threat to joy at worst. If mortals are inspired to take up his path, perhaps he guides them because they amuse him, and watching them reach new heights of destructive debauchery brings him joy.

Hmm...I could also see a childish, trickster god alternative to this. Powers and appetites of a deity, but the emotional maturity of a petulant child.

I'm getting a chaotic vibe off of this one.

Yes. I am actively calling his ideas bad. That isn't derailment, it's disagreement. Since when is Veeky Forums such a fucking hugbox that dissenting opinions are considered trolling?

>or say their ideas are bad.
But they are bad. Nobody would worship a god of gangrapes and senseless, inhumane cruelty of his worshippers unless it was to prevent that shit, not partake in it.

It's literally "People are discussing something and having fun, so I'm going to try and shit on it."

You see more than one person discussing something and you actively try to fuck it up.

>Florida
>civilized
On top of that, notice how he put his dick in the end of the gator NOT covered in teeth. AFTER binding the mouth shut at that.

In the end, you're just further proving my point.

>a fire preparedness drill will traumatize your child
What the fuck is wrong with these two retards? Does anyone actually enjoy watching these shit cringy "reactions"?

But I'm partaking in the discussion dumbass. I'm actively discussing how retarded it is to try and make this Hraug fellow (which is a retarded name, I might add) the god of Everything

I know the basics. He was wealthy and lived in a palace and left all of it because he saw the world as full of suffering, so he meditated on that under a tree for a long time until someone gave him food. He declined, but they persisted and he became enlightened.
Buddhism is based on the principle of "Life is suffering. Stop wanting = stop suffering so no more pleasure."
Anti-Buddha would want people to want more, which kind of makes sense with Hraug here.
Then say that outright instead of going "hehe sarcastic remark because I know what's good and you don't"
Really, just provide something instead of underhanded depreciation.

Well, it just got said. Do you have any respones that would contribute to the discussion?

>Powers and appetites of a deity, but the emotional maturity of a petulant child.
Definitely this!

To a god, mortal lives are nothing. We are like ants. Our suffering is nothing. Our emotions are nothing.
It's a wonder that our devotion or praise means anything.

Maybe an older, wiser god that has had a lot of experience with mortals can understand.
But Hraug? He's a fuckin' retard. He doesn't just harm for the fun of it, he harms because he doesn't realize the damage he's causing. He's like a baby wiping chocolate syrup all over the carpet. It's funny and it's exciting.

He's literally drooling with his eyes rolled back in his head at the debauchery that's unfolding before him, but then when someone intervenes he starts screaming and crying and "doesn't know how it got there".

>Anti-buddha
Buddha was never fat or jolly

I'm the guy who originally came up with the idea. I kinda made it up on the fly and it was generally just thinking of fat gods, then pic related, then what if pic related was evil, what would a fat evil guy's theme be?, excess, partying, done. Isn't Bhuddism supposed to be about letting go of the material world and finding Nirvana or whatever though? What if the philospy of Hraug's followers is kind of the same, but all warped. "All the stuffiness of the material world just gets in the way of people's happiness dude, just let it all go and watch these slaves fight for the chance to fuck you, c'mon man have a beer, you'll feel great in a couple seconds."

I should mention that its like 4 am here.

Can you shut the fuck up about how much you dislike something when everyone else is trying to make it seem fair and interesting? We're fleshing it out as we go, not making it flawless with one remark.

Speaking of which, how would you design a god that revels in lust, debauchery, and calamity?

That's the point. Anti-Buddha.

I am providing you with something. I'm saying "don't do that, it would be retarded".

When you tell your kids not to touch the stove, you're not obligated to give them a list of things that they should touch.

>Still not contributing to the discussion.
Are you that bored, man?

Does it feel good when someone responds to your troll posts? I'll respond, if you need someone to talk to.

That isn't Buddha, dumbass. Nor is Buddha a god

Buddha was a sheltered prince who one day saw suffering among his people and was like 'yo what the FUCK is this, this is bullshit' and then became an ascetic monk but grew weary of their self-flagellating ways and was like 'no this ain't the way either' and meditated on his lonesome for 49 days before arriving at the truth of the world and so on and then spent the rest of his life spreading his teachings and was jesus's room mate for a while if my anime is to be believed
So the anti-buddha should be a nihilist who cares for nothing but his own gratification and pleasure- a prince abusing his power to delve ever deeper in depraved attachment to pain and pleasure, spreading woe and suffering because it makes his dick tingle, a sadistic demon who revels in his monstrous appetites and seeks to bring others into the fold, but is too self absorbed to really care all that much about proselytizing.

>we're making a turd right now, we'll polish it into a diamond later
That's not how it works

Not me.

Welp, there goes the thread! Thanks for your contribution everyone. I appreciate it.

This is why we can't have nice things. Fuck this website.

Yes but risking a child burning their own flesh on a household item that will always be there, and is a risk to them because of lack of responsibility is a far different situation than "hey I'm making a thing. Please help make it nice instead of shit on what other people say please."
And just because you don't like what someone has to say, does not mean they are a dumbass or retarded, thanks.

I've contributed more than you. All you're doing is responding to me and derailing the discussion into some faggy Tumblr tone police bullshit

Just take a shitty internet meme and make it serious. Put some fluff on top and you're golden.

Well like I said, I just made it all up on the fly. The image I got was from when I just googled "happy bhudda" and was titled as such so I dunno, call him whatever I guess.

Oh wait shit I didn't mean "Guy who came up with the idea of Hraug in the first place, I mean "first guy to equate him to evil Bhudda," located a few posts down.