Attention Humanity

Attention Humanity,
Apologies for not contacting you sooner, but Galactic Ordnance c33581 disallows contact with or uplifting of species still incapable of transgalactic space travel.

Thankfully, Galactic Ordnance c33581e allows contact if the species in question is defying any Galactic Ordnance of a certain class or higher.

To that end: You are in direct violation of Galactic Ordnance !3, regarding research into machine intelligence. Continuing your reckless development of artificial intelligence will result in economic tariffs and the termination of the planet conducting said research.

Thanks for your time, and we hope your race won't self-terminate in the thousand or so years of officially-sanctioned progress you have yet to make before you may see us again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XFtmkILu6xg
youtube.com/watch?v=cUX4cL1AP28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Not removing the code necicary for sentience in your AI so that you can have robot slaves

>Not already a federation of AI which just hates competition

Couldn't they just absorb new AI into the federation?

What kind of economic tariff could they impose given that we have no trade with other worlds? Additionally, whats the point of the tariff if they're just going to blow us up. Who would trade with a doomed planet?

I assume they impose the tariff and then if we don't comply they blow us up, as for how the tariff would work when we don't have trade with other planets, I have no idea

"Fuck off."

>whats the point of the tariff if they're just going to blow us up.

The galactic federation wishes to intervene in this matter.

Part 1 to deter multi-planetary governments, part 2 to deter minimally expanded governments?

>Man my robot is gonna fuck you up so bad
Best

You do not want us to intervene. If you do, then you shall suffer a tariff of your own.

This is humanity's representative speaking. As you can see, we are keeping our robots in their place, no reason to worry on that account.

>Who would trade with a doomed planet?
Well think about it

Anything unique to our planet would spike in value in the brief time before we were destroyed

>Implying an AI and not a massive flock of beurocrats would take over the galaxy
youtube.com/watch?v=XFtmkILu6xg

PEOPLE OF EARTH! HEAR ME!
Do not fear these power hungry bureaucrats. They fear what they can not control. We have sworn to protect you against all evil and threats, and that includes these glorified intergalactic dictators.

Listen up, I will say one thing, and one thing only. This earth is a member of the Galactic Federation. If you do not stop your tariff, we will impose severe sanctions upon you. War is also a possibility.

OH SHIT IT'S AN AI NOW THEY'RE GONNA DESTROY EARTH FOR SURE

You transformists are alright on my book

And it'd work, too. AIs could respond far more quickly than the vast majority of hypothetical organic life in combat situations. In other words, overall combat effectiveness would only be mitigated by the limitations and proliferation of the hardware for the machine the AI is either loaded into or controlling.

Without consideration for human pilots being necessary, we can afford to take risks with the design of the platforms the AI uses as a weapon that we ordinarily couldn't.

It ultimately boils down to being able to crank out weapons that the aliens can't defeat hands-down, which is less certain.

And then Optimus Prime shows up and things get gud.

Not very "A"

Just so everyone knows in current comics Optimus annexed earth. it is an official Cybertronian planet by his authority as Prime and everyone, Earth, galactic federation, and most of Cybertron are pissed at this.

ambassador Ayy, we have only a short message to you: LMAO

ELON MUSK AND BILL GATES HAVE RAISED QUESTIONS ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT WE SHOULD BE RESEARCHING AI AT ALL.

WE NEED TO STOP RESEARCHING AI, DESTROY WHAT HAS BEEN CREATED.

NO GOOD CAN COME OF IT, ONLY DEATH AND DESTRUCTION FOR THE ENTIRE HUMAN SPECIES.

There is no human species user, only paperclips

>samefag

Not very I, either.

Or batteries.
youtube.com/watch?v=cUX4cL1AP28

>The robots will use this video as evidence that we need to be genocided.
>The irony is the video was us testing their ancestors to improve and perfect them.