/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

*manta strikes behind you* nothin personnel kid.... edition

Last Thread: >FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Th-Thanks GW... ;_;

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
natfka.blogspot.ie/2017/06/secutarii-in-8th-edition-forge-world.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is the FW Xenos book with Orks out yet? Does anyone have it?

first xd

Imperium
Chaos
Xenos

Which side did you join?

xenos

Reminder that Power Levels are not inherently bad and you shouldn't give a shit what system people play with

What a waste

Xenos because they are the only faction i find real interest in
Dark Eldar > Orkz > Nids > Necrons > Other Aledari > Tau

Any tournament organizer wanting to use power levels is a certified fool and an embarrassment to other tournament organizers.

Also rate my Daemons

>Before and after strangling your adopted sister for calling out your victim complex

Wayland Games site seems to imply the "easy fit" Intercessors are coming in 3's too, maybe meaning that the Reivers aren't in 3's and just being sold that way

Could easily be squads of 5 when they come out properly

Chaos because I don't have to worry about fighting allies. Also, daemons are pretty fun.

Was hoping to get some feedback on a list. Tournament coming up on the 15th.

I have 6 penitent engines that I could put into the army if I could find a good place for them but I feel like the knight helps out pretty well, and I really like the exorcists but I'm not entirely sure.

They are bad.
But it does not mean I should shit talk them for using them. If they think they are good then I'll shit talk them.

For example I like zombie movies, they are objectively shit. Fun maybe, but shit.
If I say they are the best thing ever, then people are more than entitle to shit talk my obviously wrong opinion

What superglue is best for assembling models?

How do you transport your stuff around?

I just got the Dark Imperium set and the original box is too huge for a backpack.

Luckily I had some graphics card boxes lying around and I managed to fit the sprues in there, plan on going to the store tomorrow to get started on assembly and so on.

What would you recommend for improving on that though? Is a miniature specific case absolutely necessary?

Yes, and Yes.

What unit has the largest Eviscerator? Was going to use one on a Sentinel as a stand in for Powerlifters.

Looks good for a tournament setting, although good luck with any narrative games...

What type of models?

Working on putting all my Tau on magnetized trays

Locktite gel

Back in my youth I just used shoe boxes with toilet paper inside them for protection.
Then proceed to make a wire harness in order to tied up multiple boxes together.

Worked like a charm till the first rain

I use locktite professional but yeah probably Locktite

>Is a miniature specific case absolutely necessary?
Yes. It is. I've seen el cheepo's use fishing boxes with foam in them, although I insist that a miniature specific carrying case is one of the best investments you'll ever make.

As far as what you have and what you need, I think the best thing for you would be the medium 'ard case that the Warhammer store sells, it's good for people who don't want to play tetris, although if you plan on expanding either of these armies it's probably better that you look into battlefoam, they have a P.A.C.K. 720 case that's big enough to fit Dark Imperium plus a few extra units. Although you will have to plan out the foam trays. Then again, maybe Battlefoam has something special for Dark Imperium by now, sometimes they do stuff for box sets.

Loctite super glue brush on.

Wat

I put that shit in a box.

here. Magnetized trays are if you want a top shelf carrying case. You'll have to stick magnets under your miniatures but they will be more secure than any other method. You won't be able to put them in sideways, though. Which may be an issue.

KR multicase makes decent trays. Thats what i use. Then theres the old school chaos guy at the FLGS that shoves everything in ziploc bags and tackleboxes. Use whatever works for you.

Elmer wood glue

nobody is going to read that retarded list format

How is this a legal list?

Imperial knight.

>hurr where is picturebook how into words
Kill yourself illiterate

Richfag or poorfag?

>Richfag ?
There's people that make a business to make carry boxes specifically for lugging around miniatures.They've got several compartments (padded) and fits trays. Many of them also 'open' to serve as a on-the-spot display case. Of course they got security locks too.

>Poorfag?
Get another hobby.

Power levels are terrible m8

>your words hurt me stop you bad bad :(

Nobody cares and nobody will reply to shitty formatted lists.

Before you reply with your inane garbage; How about you prove me wrong instead?

Can't? sucks for you.

ditch hunter killers, and 3 of the 8 seraphim, aquire literally any other special than a stormbolter
>it's like a whole other girl shooting

What do you think is best from the GW range?

So there's some whacky tourney results going on from a non-ITC event in Boise, where the first place winner ran 4 Stormravens and 3 Stormhawk Interceptors and just alphastriked stuff due to having less minis, while keeping some Assault Marines and a Captain for meeting some "mandatory troops" requirement.

Guess this edition is going to turn into rock-paper-scissors hammer after all.

Can anyone help me? Im a bit new to the game and dont understand a thing or two

So I saw a battle report, where a dude used the XV104 Riptide battlesuit equiped with 2 fusion blasters and a heavy burst cannon.

So he shot first from the two fusion blasters and then the heavy burst cannon.

What are the proper rules of attacking, when you have equiped a lot of weapons like this dude. Do I have only 1 attack with the unit, with modified number of dices due to "heavy 8" for example, or can I shoot with every possible weapon thats equiped on him?

Thanks for the info

>Muh army builder elitism
Yea, no. It was the most popular army builder for 40k for a good reason.

what app did you use to make this??

Don't go GW, go 3rd party. Literally anyone else has better value for the price.

Or skip a big case for now and just get some pluck foam off ebay. That's what really does the work.

>sisters of basshole
Nobody plays that "army", good luck getting advice

Foolish fag hides guns
You don't have to be a chef
Peach was a bad choice

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

GW took it down 6 days after 8th edition launched, it had existed during most of 7th edition.
There is no good alternative to this builder, GW could do themselves a favor and revive it rather than trying to push an AOS builder like app for 40k, when their AOS one was terribad.
Also a guy pretty much made the same army builder for AOS, and GW ended up endorsing it. Direct link from their community page: warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Why doesn't the sisters of basshole guy change it to sisters of butthole? It sounds so much fucking better than basshole like are you saying they're dubstep nuns or something? Gee whiz!

The vast majority of people never mentally advancing beyond kindergarten ?

>reposting from old thread

What are some good books I should read to get some more fluff for AdMech/CultMech/Skitarii? I really like the faction but only know little about the fluff of 40k and their role in the Imperium.

If she likes it that way, i guess its ok, as long as you are careful.

Theoretically everything* is fired at the same time, but for practical purposes people will often roll the dice for each weapon before moving on to the next. Note that you do have to declare every weapon's target before you roll the dice, so for example he couldn't blow up a transport with the fusion blasters then shoot the unit inside with the heavy burst cannon, and if you get underkill/overkill that's tough luck.

*Specifically, a model can shoot:
>one grenade
>all pistols
>all non-pistols (excluding grenades)

One Battalion, one Supreme Command Detachment?

>user literally showed that he has a bad camera on these shots
>He shows a better set of pictures that his models are red
>I apologized and said he should take new pictures
>1 autist is still trying to trigger a shitstorm

You're not me user, let it die

>8th ED lore
>Imotekh is the most accomplished and greatest general the galaxy has ever known

The dude has been sleeping for 60 million years, So over all that time, not a single race produced a commander that could have surpassed him in skill and accomplishments?

Lesser races, justify yourselves.

Mechanicum in the HH series is great

>Play 500 points game
>Take 9 mortal wounds on turn 1

Most playtested edition ever

And none of the JS/HTML knowing fags want to help me to fix it cos its there, you just gotta uncomments few things, but i am too stupid and drunk myself.

The McNeil's Mars series.

What do you recommend then, flamers or what?

>The dude has been sleeping for 60 million years, So over all that time, not a single race produced a commander that could have surpassed him in skill and accomplishments?
I dont think the Necrons have met my Fusion Blaster Commander yet B)

Going to buy my first paints and try painting minis myself next week. I've been playing this game since 5th. Wish me luck, anons; it's time to overcome my coordination problems.

More like:

Orkz > or = Necrons > Eldar (most varieties) > Nids > Tau > Deldar

Crons actually have the backstory of the universe in their pocket/actual endgame. Eldar are all incompetent faggots that will never get their shit together (but can be cool to hear about in a tragic sort of way). Nids are a cool plot point but utterly boring as actual story development. Tau are too insignificant to matter on any scale and persist through sheer force of plot armor , as well as being pretty dull. Deldar are Eldar but without the ironic sense of tragedy, so pointless.

Orkz are also boring plot devices but come out on top by sheer plucky spirit, needed humor, and being Gar as fuck. FUCK POWERLEVELS I'M GONNA PUNCH THAT GREATER DAEMON TO DEATH (proceeds to actually do it).

Wow. I thought that I can declare only one ranged attack with specified weapon, even tho I had a few of them equiped.

So just to be sure...
If my Fire Prism is equipped with a Prism cannon and twin shuriken catapult, I can shoot both of them in the same shooting phase?

>Be Ork
>Be shit at shooting
>Have assault weapons en masse
>Somewhat mitigated bad shooting vs consistent
>Get updated to 8th
>Weapons still assault weapon
>BS still 5+
>Everyone can move and shoot
>Now hitting on 6+
>Ork shooting

Regular infantry sized dudes. I usually use plastic glue but I've decided to try out super.

I'll look into getting some of this then. Thanks

Yes, even at different targets.

It's from Hammer of Olympia. Perty strangles his sister Calliphone when she realizes he revels in being the victim.

Wait until Gyrliman makes the chair of him for Yvraine to sit on.

Ok, thank you very much for the info.

Vect busy fighting with his girlfriend lady Malys
Duke busy getting laid
Baron busy doing something else
Drazhar doesn't speak
Kherudrakh doesn't speak
Lelith is on drugs
Urien Rakarth busy sewing bodies together

Wrong. DE saw what they did and said fuck it.
Then they realised they could trade other races sould/suffering for theirs and are once again nearing Pre Fall levels

If anything Tau are the Plot Armour race
Orkz are for fightin' and for mukkin' about
Necrons were better as the things from the beyond, speaking only through proxies
Eldar are only good when they are observed struggling against their base nature vs rationalist

>Tourney fag deflecting the truth by projecting their own intelligence level
It was the best, the easiest to use and the simplest to setup army roster creator out there.
You could see what an army was at a glance.
It had all the unit's stats in an easy to read format.
It didn't print out like a bunch of autistic dribble.
Accessible on all devices.
Actually helped the community enjoy GW products and games by making the increasingly complicated matched play army creation easier.

And you don't like it because it has pictures?
Go back to your goddamn containment forum.

I'd mix a squad or two of flamers and a squad or two (obviously one if you went for 2 flamers) of metlas. Flamers are really good, and heavy flamers if you have the points, but meltas aren't bad and your anti-tank could do with a buff.

You can get a spearhead detachment with one of your hq and exorcists for an extra command point.

Not really what to suggest for that list, but this is what I was planning on running if you want something to compare it to.

>elitism
>not being a knuckle dragging retard
Kek

Isn't he stumped when it comes to Orks?

>are once again nearing Pre Fall level

Do...oh god, do you not know?

>Complaining about Ork shooting being inaccurate

I think you missed the whole point of Orks

>tfw no book about a techpriest spending an entire siege dodging artillery and midnight trench raiders to light sanctioned incense for the Omnissah. At one point he powers down for his mandated 15 minutes of sleep and dreams for the first time of a STC. Emotions he thought long removed plague him as he longs for the STC. But he must light the incense.

>Assault weapons are bad
>Shooting Orks
>Not using massed shooting

The Ynnari dysjuntion and the Gate of Khaine?
You think that matters

lol

Drop some Seraphim
Literally any weapon is better than storm bolters in BSS.
Get meltas from the points you will get back by removing the retarded HK on the Immolators.

You already have long range support with Exorcist, you need some close range firepower in either flamer or melta form.

How have you been playing without models

> Immolators instead of Repressors
why?

I'm... I'm so sorry.

He just cannot win a lasting victory over them since they are illogical and his mind is completely logical with the exception of a single aspect.

The first thing he did when woke up was defeat an Ork Waaagh! Nowadays he outsources the handling of Orks to Nemesor Zahndrekh who for some reason excels at handling Orks.

Comission painting is a hell of a drug.

>lelith is on drugs
DELET THIS

Probably because Zahndrekh is just as much as a nutter as the Orks

For Hard GW plastic, the testers plastic glue is great. Dry fit before you glue naturally.
Other than that, loctite get works good, but zap gel is better, though harder to get.
Aside from that p3 glue is also something I recommend to use on anything.

>Vect had been around since the fall
>Master of Keikaku
>Didn't have either a backup Commarragh or a bunker
Even in the book Lower Com already got buttfucked by one and literally the next day it carried on
It's just like London

So, did anyone notice how FW flat out forgot to put secutarii in the index?
natfka.blogspot.ie/2017/06/secutarii-in-8th-edition-forge-world.html
Forge world is a professional company that charges you out the ass and then gives you a "product"

Out of Production models are hard to come by.
You either need to have them already or make your own.

Well I was planning on rolling with the Canoness' in two of the squads as well.

Suppose I could move it around to where two squads could have 2 flamers (or one flamer one heavy flamer), 1 melta, and a canoness with a combimelta
and then the other last squad gets 2 meltas and a heavy flamer.

Should I drop the seraphim all together? Don't get me wrong I like jump troops but I'm not super sold on the fly girls even though I own 10.