/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Just another glorious day in the lore.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/xXYsyMmi

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com/

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-SE/Pestilens-Plague-Monks
1d4chan.org/wiki/Gorfang_Rotgut
youtube.com/watch?v=c4CVKbVtTsc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're really nice models to be honest.

They don't really suit the general aesthetics of the Empires early modern stuff but I guess they could work as town guard or something.

In Vermintide only the state troops wear the landsknecht stuff while the local guard look more like that with chainmail.

Copying a post I made in the wip-general:

I'm thinking of making a unit of Nurgle Marauders inspired by the red robed acolytes in the picture, which I absolutely adore. Would you guys agree that Skaven Plague Monks would make excellent basis for such conversions? Their woe-staves can easily be turned into Flails and Great Weapons which I'll probably be mixing freely within the unit so that either weapon set up is availible for games. Regarding the model itself snipping off their tails and adjusting/converting/replacing the heads should be sufficient to accomplish my goal.
What do you guys think? I'd love to hear any input you might have be it from the point of fluff, gameplay or actually wip-related.

Here's a picture of the Skaven Plague Monks for anyone who would like an easy comparison.

games-workshop.com/en-SE/Pestilens-Plague-Monks

1d4chan.org/wiki/Gorfang_Rotgut

>OP-pic
Damn, now I get what inspired WoW epics design. Esp. the four-sided sword.

Keep in mind that ppriest are quite outdates as model, so they will look bad if you use recent models proportions

Thanks mate, have some squabbling orcs as a reward!

I'm not certain that I understand you exactly. Could you rephrase your comment?

You're not the boss of me now,
You're not the boss of me now and you're not so big.

Okay then... Was merely trying to understand you, and now I feel like making meth so that I can get into witness protection.

I think what he means is that the low detail level of the skaven models will clash with certain modern bitz.

This thread is claimed for the glory of Lahmia.

Ah okay, Well they are pretty much just robes. The heads seem to be rightfully awful but then again I will convert/swap them to appear more nurglesque.

Kek not him but it's just a Malcolm in the middle reference.

youtube.com/watch?v=c4CVKbVtTsc

Hence my Breaking Bad is really the same universe as Malcolm in the Middle-reference.

No one even lives in Lahmia anymore - it was razed to the ground. The only glory it has is being rubble, and being the source of a curse that would plague mankind for millenia after.

And I'm pretty sure that's not Lahmian vampire art, and I'm starting to realize how even a sexy bit of artwork can grow stale when it's reposted. Kindly make like a Strigoi and bury yourself in an underground crypt to sleep for hundreds of years.

t. von Cuckstein

Wasn't that comic non-canon or something? Something was wrong or stupid about it that made it dislikeable.

So just in general, are Bretonnian Peasant heavy armies an actual viable option to play with? I'm not looking for nitty gritty facts, but does the idea of having larger blocks of Cannon Fod-...I mean.. "light infantary" of the peasants sustainable enough to support maybe only two or three smaller units of knights? I know Brets excel at charging and breaking on their charges, but given enough peasants, couldn't they tie up specialized forces? Or is the fact that they would often turn and run too much of a risk to be effective?

Do you mean in terms of fluff?

If so, yes, you can have 'professional' peasant armies, though this is mostly down to who their lords are. Yeomen (mounted skirmishers) are going to be your most professional, but even men-at-arms and bowmen can be hard fuckers. Carcassonne is known for a relatively high standard of peasant soldiery, as the duchy has little room to faff about, constantly facing pressure from especially nasty greenskins.

>mfw leoncour invades rightful empire clay.

mfw he takes marrienburg turn 2

Realm of Chaos books were for 40k too.

Forest goblins are much older than Grimgor. I don't feel like checking the 3rd edition books, but they were in the 4th edition already at least.

Delete this thread and make a new one with a header that forbids autistic roleplaying, the vampire cunts started it again.

We obey no mortal law. Or header.

>implying titles can stop anything

That's the Stirland Captain model user.

I'm not much of a crunch guy, but technically you could manage it, if you gave your peasants the right magic items to keep them alive and fighting, and were able to position your knights to at least be close enough to help with their Leadership. 1d4chan has some stuff dedicated to the idea, and I know they aren't the greatest with strategy but there's gotta be something there that's effective. It would be difficult, though.

I hope 9th age shit is okay here since it is listed in the general and there isn't a general else where.

WTF is with the 9th age team? I was reading their FAQ and it's full of "we love diversity, diversity is our number 1 goal" type of shit. WTF kind of group is making this game where in their stated goals the 2nd one is about left wing politics?

I was looking to maybe do some writing for them, write some fluff for 9th age since it's lacking at the moment and this cancer has completely put me off. Why the fuck would any one support a game who puts quality product behind being inclusive?

You can do it but in 8E you would loose 90% of your games sadly. Brets were by far the weakest army in 8E and gimping themselves any further is borderline insanity.

Want to know something hilarious? At one point, anons were complaining that telling people not to talk about End Times in the title was actually causing people to talk about End Times more! So with that logic, telling people to not roleplay in the thread would turn this whole thread into a Lahmian blood orgy.

M8 it's run by Germans so it's gone full on 'holocaust gilt, just wipe my shit out famalam'.

I had my suspicions when they 1) had a Brexit thread and only a handful of people supported it (it should be 50/50) and 2) they made Scotland a separate thread to the rest of the UK since they wanted to stay in the EU (and to generally be spiteful against the UK).

I'll use the rules as long as they're good but I'm never reading any of the fluff they write.

I just find it really disappointing. I'd like to get into writing fantasy fluff, I'm sick of the modern stuff that doesn't tell a real story any more. I'd like to push a more traditional fantasy story, with 9th age being a community based product I thought it might be a good way to get my foot in the door. Instead I find a progressive train wreck.

How the fuck is a game based on Fantasy who's player base is mostly middle age men turned into this?

> I was going to shitpost, but then the thread subject forbid it so I didn't.

That won't help one iota.

Because they're all autistic, and not in the meme sense I mean genuinely borderline.

I have a lot of respect for how seriously they take rules development but have you seen the charts? There's about 15 different departments everything goes through before it even gets considered (bit like the EU kek). Most of them are very intelligent with PhD's etc. but I do wonder if this doesn't stifle creativity a bit? When Priestley wrote Warhammer his only experience was the little games he made with his mates, it was just free reign to do whatever he wanted and whatever sounded cool. I think T9A have suffocated it a bit.

Autists aren't usually political though. They focus on their autism and building whatever shit they obsess with. What kind of autism makes you virtual signal constantly?

Are you seriously assblasted over girl Sigmar?

Ugh, bigot much? Don't just go assuming xe's gender.

Sigmar is now a trans black inter-sectional demi-gryph.

do you think bretonnians would like mlp

I come here to escape this type of shitposting, user. Don't ruin it for me.

Ehh I'm not getting it? Why so much hate with 9th? Are you guys not liking the system? or just the ideals of the creaters? You need to separate the two, or you'll do more damage to the community and effort of continuing fantasy...we're already fractured as it is. Don't displace your disapproval of the creators and their thoughts, with the actual quality of 9th edition's mechanics...

fuck off faggot

You don't want progressives in charge of your game system. It's going to either destroy the system's quality by diversity hiring or it'll destroy the community by alienating the player base so a tranny can shit with the women

I can separate the two, as I said as long as they keep writing good rules I'll keep supporting them but I won't be in a hurry to read their first novel.

Everything I said applies mainly to the fluff, being autistic can be helpful when it comes to balancing 200 different profiles.

This. I feel like most of the world is at this stupid point where they'll go "I really like this guy's work, BUT he's a conservative/he's an SJW" and then whatever they made or did is forgotten under people arguing about variations on the political spectrum.

Granted, I'll be disgusted by over the top 'check your privilege,' but I'm also disgusted by 'or niggers as I like to call them.' Both extremes disgust me. I just want to be in the middle, get along well enough with everyone, and enjoy shit. Who cares about the political ideology behind things? Business is business, fans are fans.

>fantasycucks so desperate that they are gladly allying with SJWs

If you read the original post you can see that business is not business when it's political. These people aren't trying to get along with everyone, they're trying to push a political agenda that will punish those who don't agree with them.

Lets say 9th age runs a tournament and you get paired with a tranny. It's a guy in a dress with a full beard and no tits. Claims his name is Snowsparkle and his pronouns are xe/zem/zhey. If you don't larp that it's a woman then you will get kicked out of that tournament no matter how factual your statement of "no, that's a man" is.

As someone who is rather /pol/ minded I can treat people decently even if I dislike them. I don't have to compromise in any way to not treat a negro like shit just because he's a negro. I am not in a political battle with that guy, we're playing a game and we can both set aside our politics while we do it. Where as I have to compromise and straight out lie to someone if I want to be part of a SJW community. In this case I'm told if I say the emperor has no clothes then I am a bad person. I am put in a situation where I simply cannot hold to my ideals of not being a liar while staying part of that community. If I see this man try to go into the woman's bathroom after I see a little girl walk in what am I to do? Just ignore it or should I say "Hey staff, a man just followed a little girl into that bathroom"? It creates a no win situation for any decent person because you're dealing with utter scum and degeneracy beyond anything a decent person will tolerate.

Live and let live doesn't work when people force themselves on you. If you want to wear a dress in your bedroom and call yourself Snow Sparkle mega cunt then go for it. Not my problem, isn't causing any harm if that's your fetish and you keep it private. This is something different, this is someone mentally ill demanding you obey their demands or you're not welcome in that community. It's forcing people into an ideological fight.

>we're already fractured as it is.
Just say it's dead already.

why are 1f links easier in sf4 than jojos

So, let's follow this step by step.

Step 1: People make game.
Step 2: Game makers say they're for diversity, use SJW buzzwords, whatever.
Step 3: They hold a tournament.
Step 4: You might meet a tranny.

Therefore, they're forcing themselves on you, and you have to boycott them and tear them down.

>SJWs steal someone else's game idea and recreate it
>They use this game idea to push a political agenda
>I as someone who disagrees with this agenda want to discuss it and propose finding alternative systems not pushing said agenda
>In your mind this makes me a bad person.

I have this strange desire not to give power to people who deny reality. It tends to end very poor, is that simple enough to understand?

I worked with the ninth age team for a little while, back during its first year of existence, and there wasn't any progressive/left-wing stuff back then. I wonder what changed after I left. I'm glad I got out of that boat.

>Why so much hate with 9th?
Because it's GW shills who hates anything which isn't approved by GW

haha, well said... I can't believe that even something like a miniatures wargame, (one that we are all exiled to play in unification against AOS crap) can create such still such childish fear and condemnation because human beings differ in opinions.

Guys, come on, we're better than this. Enlightenment...embrace it. Make yourselves better intellectually please... The people who are piloting the 9th edition game are humans. You are human. They are doing something to continue a game that you, them and I all love. You don't like their opinions? Grow up, and accept it. How are you going to get on in life if you think that your myopic view must only be the only correct option....

>Somebody abandons a game idea.
>Somebody else takes it.
>They politically disagree with you.
>Somebody likes it.
>Therefore he's evil.

You're welcome to talk about whatever the fuck you want. I like to talk about what I want. Is that hard to understand?

I think Sigmar is just a Roman Patrician woman rather than a subhuman German.

I don't know how you get this naive and stupid.

You have someone literally trying to force their politics on you through a game system and you're willing to accept it because it gets you your plastic crack fix.

Are you nothing but blind consumers who will tolerate anything as long as they get their cummies?

How can anyone be a cuck when nobody on Veeky Forums will ever get laid?

>Are you nothing but blind consumers
>AoS player calling someone a blind consumers
9th age didn't produce miniatures

The heart of Warhammer belongs to Based Rick. Not GW.

There is literally nothing in the game system that is conservative or liberal.

Other than Sigmar not being a Jerry.

I'm not an AoS player, I've never played a single GW game and was looking for a new game to get into.

Well, they do promote the miniatures of...well, literally everyone other than GW.

They have an open thread specifically for companies to advertise their own shit.

Why are you so paranoid about getting influenced by others? If I read something stupid, I nod, say "That's stupid," and then run a mental check on how much idiocy there is in a product against how fun it is. If there's more fun than shit, I keep it. If there's more shit than fun, I throw it out.

It's like Victoria 2. Victoria 2 is fucking retarded about economics and pushes a bizarre protectionist agenda via its game mechanics. Keep in mind, this is a game that is supposed to be simulating the real world, not an explicitly fantasy universe, so it's easy to try to make a judgement call from there.

But I still play Victoria 2, because it's fun. Just like 9th Age. I haven't seen anything overt, and somehow, I'm not worried about getting brainwashed by a game where fantasy dudes stab each other.

EVEN FUCKING BETTER.
>I don't even have an oar in this fight, I'm just triggered by a game that I don't play's politics.

And how the fuck are they doing that?

All they've done is have a separate Scotland board, disagree with brexit on their forums and say they're proud of their diversity.

Try X-Wing.
Easy entry, balanced rules, neat minis.

Be a grumbler like me and only use ships from the old movies and original EU.

So what? Since they produce only rules of course they will have place for advices which models players could use.

They actually still do promote GW models. Regardless, they're making absolutely no money from companies promoting themselves on their threads.

To be fair fucking EVERYONE other than a few random shitters "celebrates their diversity". Fuck, I'm old enough to remember businesses like paint stores and rental places having pamphlets showing how diverse they are.

I fucking blame everyone born before and after me for shit cuntmancery. Old shitters for being asspained conservative, young shitters for being asspained liberal, and never shutting thw fuck up to talk about what truly matters.

Malal being canon.

You are the biggest idiot, born from a lineage of idiots...I honestly hope the good lord Darwin sorts you out.

Gee whiz, how has a company constantly talking about diversity and how inclusive they are pushed an agenda? Could it be that they're pushing their views and outright state they will ban you if you disagree with them?

Oh I guess you didn't read the pages, you just want to defend them.

Never was a fan of Star wars as a movie series. Much prefer it as a setting for a super hero game like Jedi knight 2. I'm an ex warmachine player, was browsing systems and considering new 40k but before I invest money I wanted to see what other options are out there.

>Malal being canon
As canon as female orcs.

What has this got to do with the game system? Absolutely nothing.

LITERALLY everyone pushes their views on you in one way or another. You're just sperging out because they aren't agreeing with you in this instance.
Grow up.

Why are you treating SJWs like some boogeyman who is going to ruin everything you do?

>Could it be that they're pushing their views and outright state they will ban you if you disagree with them?

All I see is a tabletop game. All I see in their forums is tabletop game discussion, as it should be.

Malal was canon after them.

Maybe you should read their FAQ then.

Have you not noticed everything is being utterly fucked or do you like the current state of the West? I have this strange aversion to people who promote diversity and now my town is so diverse that we went from almost no knife crime to people being stabbed in broad day light.

Kind of annoys me that it's becoming unsafe to walk my home town because it's now full of muslims and niggers so attending a games club becomes a dangerous activity.

A fantasy game is putting you at risk of being stabbed?

I am certain that Malal was removed from WHFB before infamous orc cheerleaders.

+1

God I can't stand the fucking racist, closed minded fucks on this site... A tabletop game should not attract such human trash seriously. I can't believe in 2017, the human race is still so far behind in evolution...

The ideology these people are promoting is yes. Can you not separate Muh rules from the fact that you're enabling something destructive?

Sure they're building a mega death ray but they gave me some candy so I can ignore that bit. Hey who wants free candy?

>Why are you so paranoid about getting influenced by others?
Not liking something is not a phobia. People don't like stuff. It has nothing to do with fear of being influenced or whatever you want to call it. I think it's perfectly fair if a person would prefer there wasn't any political stuff mixed with their hobby. It doesn't even have to do with agreeing or disagreeing. It could be political stuff that a person agrees with but which they woulds till prefer was kept separate from their hobby. Yes, we understand that you can think "it's stupid" and just ignore it, but it doesn't really change anything about this situation. I think it's still perfectly fair for someone to prefer to not see political stuff in their hobby. There is nothing complicated or offensive about such a simple preference.

So by using a free set of rules for a fantasy game I'm enabling mass migration, violence and a genocide of the white race or whatever meme is being pushed by /pol/ all because the creators of the rules have a separate board for Scotland?

Wow wtf I'm never playing the 9th Age again

There isn't any political stuff in the hobby side of it though

One day you will understand the power to influence people is a powerful thing. Until then continue to enjoy your toy soldiers

Of course there's nothing wrong with it. It's just that usually, people understand preferences are preferences and don't make it a moral crusade to stop people from having the wrong fun. People who do do that are SJWs, or /pol/tards.

Thanks I will

>Why are you treating SJWs like some boogeyman who is going to ruin everything you do?
I'm not sure about "ruining everything" but SJWs have been pretty clear about injecting politics into hobbies. That's not a boogeyman, that's real life. It would be a good idea to dislike people who inject politics into hobbies regardless of whether you agree with their stance or not.

Everything is inherently political.

Regardless of whether or not progressive politics is being inserted into tabletop games, the fact remains that it isn't being inserted into T9A.

It's not about "wrong fun", it's about the community that exists around a game. I don't want to be part of a community that demands pronouns be exchanged before a game if gets upset if I say "damn that bitch wrecked my skinks". You have to understand that there is more to a game than the ruleset and there is a community that is required to use that ruleset.

Go on Malifaux facebook groups and you constantly see SJW types bickering over bullshit. If your community is full of these people then have fun using your sexy demonettes when they deep them sexiest for being topless women or whatever bullshit crusade they go on.

There is more to a game than just the rules. There is breeding a healthy community where people are not being held to a witch hunt if they're the wrong type of person. Magic is a good example of this, where they took a spot away from a pro player who would have qualified to give it to a female pro who failed for years to qualify for the event. It was purely based on muh vagina and made that event actively worse playing quality wise. This is what happens if companies have this ideology and gain influence. No longer is it about the game and who's good at it, it becomes diversity quotas and white men lose spots they earned so a chick with an afro who can barely roll dice can be spot lighted.

I want a healthy gaming community that works based on quality of product and quality of player. If I cannot trust a company to promote this then it's in my best interest to counter-signal them to try and build someone else up who won't work against my interests.

>I want a healthy gaming community that works based on quality of product and quality of player
It sounds more like all you care about is one that reinforces your world view over others'.

>moral crusade
I don't see violent historical warfare in this thread. I see comments about disliking a thing.

Yea man, I totally want my wargame to have "Fuck niggers and gas the kikes" on the front cover. Or maybe I actually like having politically neutral hobbies because it's unhealthy to have to deal with politics 24 hours a day. I don't want to have to sit down to a movie and go "oh hey race mixing" or play a game and go "oh hey the main characters a black chick who screams about white men oppressing her". Maybe I just want a space where I don't have to deal with any political bullshit and can just roll some dice, enjoy my evening out and refresh myself that way.

No wait fuck I mean 9th age first rule must be that any kike in a tournament must be shoved in an oven!

I guess that's fair if you want to be part of a tourney scene. Myself, I just go to my LGS and play with the group there. We curse, make dirty jokes, and drink beer. I suppose I hadn't thought of the try hard perspective that want to go to official tourneys and not have to worry about social graces.

Metaphor.

So having a white and white couple isn't political?

>Go on Malifaux facebook groups and you constantly see SJW types bickering over bullshit.
Yet still Malifaux have a lot of hot victorian chicks/whores.

>Can you not separate Muh rules from the fact

No.

I only care about the game.

If I wanted politics, I'd crack open a newspaper anf shitpost /pol/.

Unless you have an example of how the GAME promotes something, your point has no validity on this board.

Nope.

Malal died in the early 2000's.

Blood Bowl wasn't canon to Fantasy, the Orc Villagers were dropped in the mid 90's.