Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

You Do It To Yourself And Thats What Really Hurts edition

Last Thread: >FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Th-Thanks GW... ;_;

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for squats.

The old thread is not even at the bump limit. Kill yourself.

I for one welcome our new android overlords.

hey Veeky Forums
My store has be considering a forge world order and I'm thinking of picking up one of pic related.
What do you folks think?
is there a place for machs in this new edition?

yeah, I see it now.

thats a coolass picture

The only sad thing is that Necrons vs. Khorne loses all of the emotional investment. Like Nids. Either of them, just hordes of slaughter machines bashing away at each other.

It's two Leman Russes glued together. Why NOT take one?

>Like Nids.
How can you not feel emotionally invested in these little buggers? They're cute as fuck.

Need some advice on a Tyranids list I'd want to play, have my first game of 8th in a week.

1 HQ
-Flyrant, Monstrous Rending Claws + Deathspitter SM

3 Troops
-10 Termagants
-10 Termagants, Devourer
-3 Warriors, Boneswords + Deathspitters

1 Elite
-3 Hive Guards

3 Heavy Support
-2 Carnifexes, 2x ScyTal + Bioplasma
-Exocrine
-Trygon Prime

The Devilgaunts come with the Trygon.

Any advice?

Should I start up a primaris marine army or a truescale Grey knights using primaris bodies?

should I pick this list? or the next one?

Primaris grey knights will either look stupid and lazy or they'll require an enormous amount of green stuff to make it work.

Primaris marines are nice and cheap right now

Normal grey knights are good if you like power armor and kind of bad if you spam terminators

Yall posting in a dead thread

well i mean points and price it costs as much as two leman russes glued together
but it is fucking sweet though.

That one is dead, migrate here plox.

Question - would primaris Angry Marines be even angrier than normal angry marines?

Everything Sisters / Adeptus Ministorum I own.

Not exactly a functional list that will get me wins, but as pure as I can get it with what I have. Opinions?

I can't add more sister shit, so recommending more HB or MM won't be an option.

I do plan to run less than this and ally in Astra Militarum for a more functional list. Mostly for my rough riders, power loader sentinel, and some HWT with lascannons for said functionality.

SPEAK TO YOUR OPPONENT ABOUT WHAT IS IN THEIR ARMY LIKE A NORMAL PERSON

This thing looks wawy too coll regardless of rules, get it

I have a game against a girl tomorrow

What do

If she's cute try not to be an autist

If she's ugly, smite her

Don't bathe. You need to give your natural musk a chance! It's loaded with pheromones, and will undoubtedly attract her.

destroy her on the battlefield, then humiliate her for her loss. you have no chance with her, so treat her just like you would anyone else

She was pretty cute, but then again im a lonelyfag so i fall in love with girls on the bus

be yourself and be glad you dont have to play another sweaty neckbeard again

let her talk about her army, ask questions occasionally, but mostly let her talk
chicks love to talk to someone who listens

do what said but without the autism at the start

Don't knock it. My best sexual experience by far was licking a sweaty, dirty MILF's arm pits while she dug her nails into the back of my neck. Then got to eat out her asshole. (Pro-tip, taste's like ear wax if she ain't clean.)

Good times.

Praise papa nurgle

Yes. YES. You will NOT regret it I love mine.

Now characters can't usually be targeted at range and melee does away with this protection, how do you equip your Imperial Guard officers (Commander, Platoon Com, LORD Commissar and Tempestor)?
Are shotguns a thing?

Hold strong user, she will tempt your spirit but we both know you're a grognard and you'll fuck it up somehow

JK dude maybe it will work, just try to be nice, confident, and funny. Seems to work for me since I dont really have the looks

call in sick

I have no idea witch I prefer. help me out please?

but what if im not confident, funny or good looking and have crippling social anxiety and depression and also IBS

>This entire post

Then take the meds you should have for that you nerd, or just do what said

The answer is drugs. The particular type of drugs and whether they should be issued to you or her is up to debate, but this situation clearly calls for some attitude adjusting nutrition supplements.

You think I'm shit posting?

TFW got screwed over and didn't let her take my virginity because wanted a longer session next time built around more teasing. She ended up in a car wreck and then moved after she recovered. Still a wizard. Shit you not. I hate my life.

Anyways enough of that. Back to topic.

Also, user, seriously listen to AND JUST PLAY THE GAME LIKE SHE IS ANYONE ELSE. Enjoy it. Don't try to make her feel awkward by inserting yourself. Just play a fun 40k game (and let her win.) Let her talk.

>then their guns are still fucking OP against every other possible target, one-shotting Land Raiders and shit.
He's wrong about levithans but so are you. They are ungodly against hordes, but it's certainly not OP against most other stuff, and it's can't one shot land raiders.
Against vehicles it's a twin lascannon that trades range for better AP and better average damage. A lascannon does more damage when you account for how long it will take a levithan to get in range, 11.111... Wounds vs 13.827.... Wounds.
The levithan is good, but it's not nearly as broken as your implying.

Stay calm.
She's just human, after all. And if she's so deep into 40k that she actually plays the game, she should be able to put up/be used to this kinda shit.

However, do find out quickly if she is a noob. You probably don't want to go destroying her utterly, if you can tell she's bad, just try to give her tips and make it a fair game. Don't go too easy on her, though.

This. Let her win. Do not destroy her, give a good fight, but pull punches.

I dunno, do girls like it when you treat them like girls?

I was talking to a Nids player yesterday and they wouldn't shut up about how stronk nids are and that nothing could defeat them and only possibly the Necrons would live their onslaught. Any other annoying players you've met Veeky Forums?

It depends on whole bunch of other facts and can't be conveniently generalized. Sometimes they do. But then, so do boys.

>she shows up with a full WAAC army and tables you on turn 2
>whole gaming group starts laughing at you
>chad the chadmarine player puts on a backwards cap and gets up and starts getting all up in you grill for no reason
>meanwhile she tells you to thin your paints, and to thin your body while you are at it, and maybe shave your neckbeard
>the ork player who recently won his first game since 2e sits quietly in the corner watching everything

Don't treat her like a girl. Make her feel like she got a good, hard earned win in. That she is your equal. Do not fail so horribly as to let happen... but don't crush her either. A hard fought win is best so she feels empowered.

You don't need to necessarily lose on purpose. What I meant was to play at her level. The only girl I've ever played (or seen, desu) at my lgs is pretty bad at the game, so when we do pll out the pieces, I make sure to tone down my list abit, play a bit more conservatively, etc.
Tbh, tho, I do this against any opponent that isn't very good, girl or not. No need to ruin the other players fun of the game just because they are a newb for your freewin. Interesting, balanced and close games make for interesting conversations, and an all around good time.

>i have crippling social anxiety
that just some bullshit you tell yourself

just fucking be yourself, if you like each other then fine and if you dont then whats the big deal?
maybe youll enjoy talking (listening) to her so after the game you invite her somewhere or let her know youre interested in some other way

girls are human too, you know? maybe she will be even more autistic than you are right now

Do you overwatch with ALL weapons? What is one shooting attack?

Just play the game? She's ther to play with plastic toys, not your dick.

All the weapons you could normally use in the shooting phase, which is either all your standard guns, all your pistols, or one grenade

I don't think so. In my experience, most of them get irrationally pissy when I POLITELY remind them to get back in the fucking kitchen and make me a sandwich.

I know why chivalry is dead. It starved. Because birches forgot how to make sandwiches.

Say I wanted to make an Eldar army with lots of 'Daemons'

What else would be fitting to include aside from Mandrakes and an Avatar of Khaine?

I was under the impression for the last couple years that Blood Ravens totally had tactics made by FW, am I wrong?

yeah it's crazy how easy it is to talk to women when you treat them like people and not some sort of bang goal

one friend I'm real sick of playing because if anything doesn't go his way, he'll whine and moan and try to make me feel bad about doing good
like calling every army I play OP and cheese, not taking my advice etc.
as if he thinks the game is out to get him or something

But the rules refer to multiple shooting attacks from 1 unit, which you can do one at a time or all at the same time for the sake of faster rolling.

This.
Goddammit guys, she's just a human, like the rest (most?)of us.
And she plays warhammer. She's there for the same reason you are, mate. To push around her tiny painted plastic soldiers and roll some dice.
So chill.
All will be fine.

You could try and not play to win like someone with any social skills might have picked up on already.

Don't listen to this user.

She's a skeleton waiting to climb out of that disguise and murder you. Falling in love is all part of her plan.

So, I'm thinking of getting back in on 40k. As a kid, I played with a bunch of poorly painted Space Marines (I think third edition).

A good number of the dudes are appealing, but I think I have it narrowed to Tau, Necrons, IG, or Space Wolves. Which is coolest/most fun? Who wants to decide how to spend my money Is this all a massive mistake that can be avoided?

>>List Builder
>Th-Thanks GW... ;_;

Have they killed the picture book builder before they released their own one?

that dude is probably even worse when hes winning uknow

hehe Id suggest user beats her and teases her while doing so but it seems that that would be like going from 8ed to 7th for him

Need some advice on a kill team list, not too experienced making these so comments would be great

Elite:
Sgt. Harker (50)

Troops:
10x guardsmen with meltagun (52)
10x guardsmen with lascannon team (60)

Fast Attack:
Scout Sentinel with hunter-killer missile (35)

Not sure how 8th edition vehicles work in with killteam not allowing models with above 3 wounds, but there it is

Someone fucked up, now we gotta use list builder.

No named characters in kill team.

>Shit to play against and win
>Shit to play against and lose

So the obvious solution is to talk to him about it and not play with him if he doesn't clean up.

How is this shit people need to be told.

I think killteams will get an update along with 8th. Best to stay away or keep using 7th until it gets a rework.

So apparently full flyer list > everyone else. Thoughts.

hordes > flyers

Rictus, the flyers
Pump more flames!

PAGK > Hordes

>full flyer list
We X-wing now, boiz.

Defensive fotifications < hordes

i know, my man, im not the original user

it is shit you need to tell people cause the majority of people on here arent really adults and havent figured stuff out yet

tricky part is even if you tell them they wont know how to implement it or fuck up in some other way so this might just be a waste of time

>giving life tips on the chins

Can't go wrong with Necrons

Halp

Necrons my dude

Levithan dreadnought>>hordes
I wouldn't make many judgements on what's good or not off that tournament. The 3rd place list was blatantly illegal and yet nobody called him on it apparently.
And one data point does not a trend make

Last time I was in my local store basically everyone there was trying to make a list to counter the nids player, then running practice matches against him.

I don't think anyone had success, but they generally underestimated the swarm lord.

Get the full rulebook and indexes from the mega link in the OP
Check out the basic fluff of each of those units, Lexicanum is pretty decent for that if you don't want to buy books yet.
Generally it is the best to pick an army you like the look and story of, as the rules can change drastically over the years. Most armies are also flexible enough to play them with your favorite playstyle, with some exceptions (melee Tau is just a no go)

Hey folks,

I have played for a while but I have never really gotten into painting. Any good sources on where to start with painting? I have a ton of unpainted/ primered minis but no paints or brushes. Really also no clue where to start with making them look good.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Has anyone used the dreads against Hordes yet? I feel like FW stuff gets rejected s lot in stores so you need to use it at home.

What are some good loadouts for a contemptor?

two glasses of rum in and I start getting silly

Now that I look at it, the second place list was also illegal. When 2/3 top placers have illegal lists, then it's not a good representative for what most tournaments will look like

Try looking up some vids from Duncan, he does paint tutorial videos for GW

Autism's a hell of a drug

I'm definitely not a WAACfag, I can guarantee that much
I cut him some slack every game, sometimes I'll just straight up agree to a ruling that clearly favours him in an unclear situation instead of flipping through the rules and then have him argue his point for 15 mins so that he wont get pissy about it, for example
He makes fluffy lists and all but he is a real pain to play against

There is one Blood Raven character in one of the Deathwatch releases.
No, it's not named Scyrus or Dayomidis.

fist/big gun (lascannons, autocannons, kheres) is the classic, double fist with two fist guns is also acceptable

>Has anyone used the dreads against Hordes yet?
yeah, they're really really good. Against most other things they're pretty good, but nothing spectacular or game breaking.
>I feel like FW stuff gets rejected s lot in stores so you need to use it at home.
If you're FLGS bans FW then it's a shit one. The only reasonable excuse would be the fact the dexs are riddled with errors, but that's something that'll be fixed

also, talking aint done shit thus far

Forgot about that. How about a platoon commander in his place?

All you can do then is tell him you're not down to play until he can grow up and chill out. Just gotta nut up and deliver the bad news.

I'm an autist, but even I am able to tone down my list and level of play depending on opponent. The strength of armies is based on calculations, it's not that hard.
Still have no idea whether people appreciate it however. Can't even tell the emotional state of my mother most of the time so I guess I'll never know.

>just b urself

Himself is the kind of person who runs to Veeky Forums for advice about talking to girls.

He's gotta be someone else, man.

Your mom is sad a lot I'm sure.

>tfw trying to get into 40k because you live a lonely existence and you want something to do

I love the universe. I'm not a big hobbyist or power gamer but I just want to be able to say to people that 'I have a hobby, I do this with my time'.

Maybe I'll even make a friend.

Just don't be a massive sperg lord.