Who here has given this a shot? What did you think of it?

Who here has given this a shot? What did you think of it?
How does it differ from other popular systems like D&D and Pathfinder?
No memes, please.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!HZEQ2AZL!F1asY2YmYM8d74vTZHayDw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The system is shit. Any game that needs a 15-line table for swimming modifiers is terribly designed. The setting, as has been established many times OP, is godawful historical revisionism. If a book only has a bad setting, but good rules, you can play in your own setting using those solid rules. If a book only has bad rules, but a great setting, you can use your favourite rules that fit that setting in order to play.

MYFAROG has bad rules and a bad setting, and it's written in Papyrus. This is not a meme, OP. This is just the truth.

>as has been established many times OP
Apologies if this is a common thread, I don't come to this board often.
As per your review, it is very informative. Thanks. I don't play RPGs myself, but I have recently started watching Varg's videos and I was just wondering how the system holds up in the eyes of Veeky Forums.

Wait, Varg has videos? I'm strangely tempted.

For your history lesson, we used to get semiregular bait threads that always went the same way. OP would claim to have played and found it alright what does everyone else think, everyone else would meme about, the thread would end. Eventually we got actual scans accompanied with a brutal play-by-play dissection of the game proper, which revealed it to be aggressively poorly designed in pretty much every respect.

Meme as it is, the fact that it's written in Papyrus really does represent the game as a whole: Not just incidentally shitty, but the special kind of obnoxious wank that comes from bad designers trying to get complex and cramming weird nonfunctional obsessions everywhere.

Yeah Varg has a very interesting life story. You should try to listen to it from him, though. A lot of articles written about him have misinfo out the ass. He seems like a good dude, albeit eccentric.

Fuck off.

>Everyone I don't like is a leftist jew who listens to fake media jew news

Excuse me?

>MYFAROG
>"No memes, please"
Go home and wank to holocaust pics, Varg.
or make some new ambient stuff, you were pretty good at that

Fuck off, nigger.

>He seems like a good dude, albeit eccentric.
Which is why he stabbed a man over 20 times in the back.

I was just wondering if the system was good or not. answered my question with an informative post, which is more than I can say for you.
Wow good point bro, you sure showed me.

This. And enough with the "this is my first time spamming this" act you go through each time you've made this thread.

Fuck off and kill yourself, nigger.

It was self defence

It's all about context. You think stabbing somebody is never, ever justified? If Varg's side of the story is to be believed, it was justified. Whether or not it is to be believed is the question, though.
OK bud. You got me. I've been spamming this shitty system for years!

That, and you only make these threads to talk about yourself, Kristian, you fucking attention whore nutjob.

Not even you actually give a shit about this retarded game.

Can OP/Varg just chill and someone share the scans?

Do you actually think I'm Varg or are you just trying to make me angry by calling me Varg? Am I supposed to get mad now? Grrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

Varg is confirmed for summerfag

Varg here. AMA

Kristian, fuck off. You've done this a hundred times before, and it's fucking sad that you thought you could just take a little break and people would forget how much of a retarded faggot you are. You haven't even bothered to disguise your faggot-like posting style at all.

More importantly, you clearly have no intention of actually discussing your shit game, so here's one last reply to finish calling you out for any newfags who don't remember your daily spam, so you can now spend the rest of the evening bumping your thread like you did in the past, you sad, pathetic attention whore.

Ask somebody who is Varg Vikernes anything.

I think that a self defense situation doesn't involve multiple stab wounds to the other guy in the back, no. Varg's side of the story is tremendously at odds with the physical evidence, so is not to be believed, and thus, he is not a "nice guy".

I haven't read the actual reports from the police on the case. I don't really care about the murder anyway, to be honest. I just think he has interesting videos from what I've seen so far.

Dude Varg's story makes no fucking sense. So if Euronymous was plotting to kill him why would he go and meet him one on one? Why wouldn't he contact the police?

So he meets Euronymous at his apartment and when he opens the door he's so startled that he kicks Varg in the chest and tries to flee.

Then in self-defense he pulls a knife and chases Euronymous, who is unarmed, and then stabs him 20+ times. Then after stabbing him he immediately flees and doesn't contact the authorities.

>Chases and unarmed man and stabs him to death
>Self
>Defense

Varg is a snow nigger. Murder, Arsonist, collects welfare in a foreign country to which he has made ZERO attempt to assimilate to the culture, seems to think that his ancient ancestors wuz kings until da fucken white ma- I mean xians came and started 'pressin them, doesn't have a job, all he does is play videogames and make vlogs in his van, and totally disparages the religion which elevated his ancestors from chimps on boats into one of the most peaceful and prosperous countries on the planet.

Sorry to go /pol/, but Varg is literally all the worst parts of the European right wing all rolled into one vile excuse of a human being.

It's really interesting. there is a copy of the second edition that floats around. Mechanically it's similar to various old school games like adnd and early editions of runequest except Varg has a fetish for huge numbers of tables. The big difference is that myfarog is bad, in part due to too many tables, but also because it's the special kind of shitty that you only get when the creator spends an inordinate amount of time working on the project.

>Dude Varg's story makes no fucking sense
That may be true, I wouldn't know. I've just started watching his stuff today and just thought it was interesting so I made this thread to see if his system was any good or not.
As for the rest of your post, obviously you hate the guy, and I haven't found a reason to hate him myself yet, so I guess we'll just agree to disagree. He seems like a good dad in the vids I've seen of him with his kids, and I think that matters more than a crime he committed ~20 years ago and already did the time for. I had shitty parents though so maybe I'm weird for thinking that.
Yeah I get it's a bad system. I'm not surprised, and I don't really care as I don't actually play RPGs (I usually come to Veeky Forums for /wip/ because I mostly just paint minis). But I am also aware that sometimes there are hidden gems in this genre of gaming, like really niche RPGs and wargaming systems that are really good for some reason. Was just wondering if this was one of those, and I am not of the understanding that it's just a pile of shit.

>I am not of the understanding
I am now***** of the understanding
My bad.

It's just a typical heartbreaker. Nothing special at all. Has some decent formation fighting rules, though.

What system would you use for this type of setting?

What do you mean? Do you mean a fantasy Europe or Vargs bizarre ahistorical ethnonationalist bunkum?

>haha who cares if he's a killer hes a good dad
Dude listen to what you are saying. Varg. Is. A. Murderer. He drove for five hours to go kill a friend in cold blood. He hasn't even tried to make amends, or even admit guilt. Not to mention the church burnings.

You are looking up to psychopathic criminal.

Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2e, but it needs some houserules to iron out kinks. Runequest would be good if you're alright with something more simulationist. D&D 5e is a good answer if you want something more (relatively) roleplay-oriented but don't want to go so far as to use PbtA or Savage Worlds. If you want a good system and are okay with refluffing it, you can use Mouse Guard (I'm rather fond of its setting, though).

MYFAROG is just a vague heartbreaker with one or two bright rules in a sea of relative shit; and that's entirely ignoring the fact that we only all know about it because of the racist and idiotic sovereign citizen-type drivel constantly spouted by the author.

Take away Varg and you have a shitty heartbreaker, and no heartbreaker is worth the attention.

>Varg. Is. A. Murderer.
Assuming this is true, he did the time for it. What else do you want from him? I don't look up to him-- like I said earlier, I just found his videos today. Chill out.

Premeditated "self-defense"

How can you stab someone 20 fucking times and claim it was self defense?

>he did time for it
Not that guy, but that's entirely subjective and relative. He's from one of the easiest places in the world to "do time." Personally I think he should be put to death. I'm sure that some agree.

He gives nothing back to society and his kids will probably grow up to be the same super-racist and super-revisionist sovereign citizen assholes that he is. So to some, even your argument that he's a good dad is bullshit.

>I just found his videos today. Chill out.
So by your own admission you don't know shit. So how about you listen to what people are saying who know more about the events than you do?

>He's from one of the easiest places in the world to "do time."
He said in one of the videos I saw that the prison he was at has 30x the suicide rate as more traditional prisons like the ones in the States. Not sure if this is true, but thought I'd mention it.
>So by your own admission you don't know shit. So how about you listen to what people are saying who know more about the events than you do?
All I asked about was the game. I even said "no memes, please" in the OP because I didn't want a bunch of raging faggots to force a narrative down my throat when all I am asking about is the game itself

>Assuming this is true
You don't have to assume user.
>he did the time for it. What else do you want from him?
Do you think sitting in a box for 10 years playing videogames absolves him of any sort of guilt? Think about all of the pain he has caused, think about all of the misery he has created. What kind of headspace are you in that a remorseless killer is someone to take advice from?

You're the only meme in the thread, user

Honestly, not really. Formations all work exactly the same and have no rules for interacting with them.

Formations as an idea are interesting, his implementation is pretty shit though.

>You don't have to assume user.
OK you convinced me with your silver tongue.
>Do you think sitting in a box for 10 years playing videogames absolves him of any sort of guilt? Think about all of the pain he has caused, think about all of the misery he has created. What kind of headspace are you in that a remorseless killer is someone to take advice from?
When did I say I was taking advice from Varg?
Simply epic! Upvoted!

>Can OP/Varg just chill and someone share the scans?

mega.nz/#F!HZEQ2AZL!F1asY2YmYM8d74vTZHayDw

Here you go user

It's terrible but the fact that it shows Kristian thinks vaccines cause autism is hilarious.

He's lying.

I don't know why on earth you could know literally anything about him and assume he's telling the truth.

If it has 30x the suicide rate it makes him look hard as hell. Norway prisons are known for being of fantastic quality, and for turning out well-adjusted individuals ready to return to society.

It feels like it's particularly easy to kill NPCs in this.

It's not about the time he did. For example, I've seen him laugh about Dead's suicide. I get that those circles were among the top 5 edgiest crews of all time, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with someone making comfy little jokes about a friend who ate a shotgun on the couch.

Still, this is Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums, so never expect anyone to let you have your fun and do what you enjoy.

As for MYFAROG, the art seems cool, but that's about it.

>If it has 30x the suicide rate it makes him look hard as hell. Norway prisons are known for being of fantastic quality, and for turning out well-adjusted individuals ready to return to society.

Evidently they failed with him.

Do you know offhand who did the art for the game? Was it a friend of his or a random commission? Maybe a fan?

His videos are almost all advice and philosophizing.
You yourself said you think he's a good dad. Clearly you look up to him in at least one way.

You can't win 'em all, user.

Thanks! Don't want it for playing it, I just like collecting pdfs on my harddrive
what has my life become?

Deep, bro... Deep...
>You yourself said you think he's a good dad. Clearly you look up to him in at least one way.
If that is considered "looking up" to him, then sure. But I wouldn't call it that. I've always had a soft spot for seeing kids get along with their parents because I never got along with mine. I just liked seeing his kids having fun in the woods in his videos and thought it was cool. That's all.

Pic related
Also, he made this to TEACH HIS CHILDREN? I really shouldn't be surprised

Thanks. That is pretty odd, yeah. I can see how somebody could maybe homeschool a kid using tabletop RPGs to some extent by shoving history and stuff into it. It's an interesting idea at least.

>by shoving history and stuff
Except none of it is vaguely accurate. It's historical revisionism at its finest.

The RPG even maintains that nobility is actually in the blood and that nobles actually deserve to rule because they're just better than the rest of us. There's also every /pol/ meme you can think of baked right in to the presentation of racial nobility. Ethnic cleansing is one of the suggested adventures.

There's nothing good about the situation.

>by shoving history and stuff into it

Pity it's MYFAROG then with it's focus on sunlight vitamins and how every race is statistically worse than being a viking and exist only to backstab them.

>Except none of it is vaguely accurate. It's historical revisionism at its finest.
I said it was an interesting idea. I didn't say he was qualified to do it. Assuming you were putting real history into the game, you could actually teach a kid using RPGs, I think.

The system is mediocre, but I wouldn't say that it is straight up bad. The tables are just there as examples. Otherwise it is AD&D that uses 3d6.

Is MYFAROG supposed to be an acronym or something

The book is littered with these "inspiration" quotes he probably found on that Facebook page you aunt shares from a few times a day.

On top of that, the fucker unironically implemented the -4 STR meme. What.

What is wrong with lower strength for female characters in a grittier or more realistic setting? Legit question. I am running a Napoleonic game right now and I give a bonus to the strength of male characters and a bonus to the strength of female characters.

This. It literally makes sense. Anybody who thinks men and women are equal in strength is a willfully ignorant twat

*bonus to the intelligence of female characters

Alright I don't agree with that one, if I had to give women something I'd give them some kind of speech or endurance bonus depending on the rules

Fair enough. I was going off of what Arcanum did. I just went with those attributes because there isn't a Cha stat in GURPS, and I wanted to give a bonus to attributes for both sexes because it seemed like the most even way to do things.

If you click pictures that other people have attached to their posts, they will become larger and therefore easier to read. For example, the OP (Original Post/-er, meaning the first post of the thread) has a picture of the cover of MYFAROG attached to it. Now, let's use what we have learned here and click the picture attached to the OP.

Have you clicked it?

Good. Now, assuming you can read, try to match the letters of MYFAROG to the letters in the beginning of the words beneath the artwork of the cover.

Yeah I would just give them bonuses to stuff like long distance running or other endurance-related things. I've heard women are better at endurance tasks like that IRL, not entirely sure though. I do think balance is a good thing to have but I think INT is the wrong thing to mess with in this case, at least if you're dealing with humans

>Yeah I would just give them bonuses to stuff like long distance running or other endurance-related things.

That's a much more specific thing than 'Strength'

Not that I believe Varg's claims of self-defense, but I've been in a couple of knife fights. Stab wounds look gruesome, but unless you hit an artery, they're not likely to put someone intent on doing you harm down quickly. Now, again, an actual self defense situation is likely to see stab wounds on the other guy's hands, forearms, chest, and face, but it is entirely possible to need to stab someone that many times.

>That's a much more specific thing than 'Strength'
Do you have a point? It's just a start, I'm not going to sit here at midnight and homebrew a gender rule for GURPS when I've never even played the game. I'm just saying if you wanted a realistic bonus that women would get, it would probably have something to do with endurance.

But then the acronym is MYFAROPLGA

So can you play an autistic neanderthal wizard in this game?

Right, except
1) PCs aren't typical people and don't need to adhere to the 'average' of anything.
2) Modelling minute realistic details is how we got those swimming tables.
3) It's a fantasy world with giants and dragons already so realism is already tenuous.
4) The -4 STR meme alienates many players.

Back to OP's main points, , MYFAROG is chock filled with racism and antisemitism. It's blatantly obvious to anyone reading the book, pic related. It's founded on a twisted view of history that vilifies Jews and Muslims as baby-murdering heretics that seek only to tear down the Glorious Aryan Race out of hatred and greed. That and the terrible rules make the game utterly without merit. There is nothing interesting or useful to be found in this book. It is, at best, a cautionary tale (along with FATAL) and a reminder that our hobby contains just as many racists and creeps as any other.

There's also the arson and murder which, though I know he did the time, means I wouldn't exactly invite him over for dinner.

Overall the guy is a bad designer with a hateful worldview and a history of crime. Better to ignore him and find other sources of inspiration, gaming, and/or music.

>picture
this is the stupidest fucking thing I've read in the last 24 hours

Like I said, it's a cautionary tale. I can only hope that it achieves the opposite of what Varg intended and it encourages prospective GMs and game designers to avoid terrible racist stereotypes (and bloated pointless rules).

>1) PCs aren't typical people and don't need to adhere to the 'average' of anything.
What if they are in the game? I made the characters commissioned military officers which wasn't necessarily average, but they aren't special compared to a bunch of other sergeants, so I don't see them as amazingly heroic or special.
>2) Modelling minute realistic details is how we got those swimming tables.
A simple +1 once during character creation is minute?
>3) It's a fantasy world with giants and dragons already so realism is already tenuous.
There are hardworking Dutchmen, but the rest of the setting is realistic.
>4) The -4 STR meme alienates many players.
You are the first person that I have heard that complained about it to me.

I suppose that I am just having badwrongfun. And besides, everything is highly variable. I can get getting rid of it in some crazy game like D&D where the characters are infrequently human, and even then don't fit with you typical paradigms. But for grittier down to earth games I really don't see why it is wrong.

Nigga this isn't a fucking "minute detail". The average lifting strength difference between a man and a woman is SEVENTY-NINE POUND DIFFERENCE.

Cease this "but it's just a minor statistic" blubbery. The difference between the sexes is fucking huge. It takes over a year of training for a woman to reach the standards a man with absolutely no training is able to achieve in lifting strength. Plus there's also about a 50 pound difference or greater between healthy men and women on average.

And on the "exceptional PC" bullshit as usual, it doesn't matter. If you take a woman and she works out to X value, and a male PC also does the same for X value, the male pc will always be significantly stronger than the woman. There is quite literally no way for a woman to be equal in strength to a man unless you take a freak example and compare it to one of the worse male specimens. Who wouldn't be an adventurer in this scenario in the first place.

>TL;DR, FFS go look up some average lifting strength stats for once in your life

Hi Varg.

I'm pretty sure that I am not Varg m80. I am just saying that you are painting with too wide of a brush. I don't know how MYFAROG does its differences based on sex. For all I know it requires anal circumference rolls and is too minute. I just don't think that each gender should be the exact same mechanically in all instances for the aforementioned reasons. Variation can make things more interesting after all.

>Assuming this is true, he did the time for it. What else do you want from him?
Meanwhile /pol/ types such as Varg would say that niggers are violent animals because all of the blacks in prison so the blacks who have never committed a crime are guilty by association.

I tried getting a copy but couldnt get past the French as fuck paypay system that didn't even have an English option.

Projecting so hard it's in IMAX

played a game and ran a game, its OK once you cut out a bunch of the extraneous bullshit. As for vags personal beliefs, they are what they are. Can't say I agree with him, although his channel is kind of interesting.

I would say my biggest complaint about the book and system is probably how clunky everything is even cut down. Also, I don't think the world is nearly as fleshed out as he thinks it is or it needs to be.

>frowns on self defense
>thinks Googles are peaceful

You're not long for this world

You can get it off of Amazon as well. Or just download the PDF.

I have to agree with you about the setting especially. It has outlines of general cultures but I think that it would have helped if he went into more detail with certain parts. Completely changing the setting between 1st and 2nd edition didn't help with that.

I think it was more like 50. If you listen to his side of the story, it was self defense. Other guy was planning to kill him, so he went over and struck first.

IIRC. Read about it a long time ago during my edgy Satanic teenager days.

I honestly feel like he should have just made it a historical setting or way closer to a historical setting than a fantasy one. In one of his videos he listed the Roman empire as having been one of the greatest threats to the various European identities, so he could have gone hog wild.

This is absolutely true though. You can be a liberal leftist and think Varg is a great guy who went a bit nuts. If you have a brain.

>So how about you listen to what people are saying who know more about the events than you do?

>STOP FORMING YOUR OWN OPINIONS AND CONFORM TO OTHERS!

Eat a dick lol

even if varg wasn't a murderer and arsonist he would still be a fucking retarded aesirboo edgelord who doesn't know shit about anything
his only redeeming feature is his music

That's the 'went' nuts part. I had been keeping up with his shit before he went mainstream with his YT and I think I kind of see the whole picture of the guy. Besides, your music is a reflection of yor personality in some way. You can't make stunningly beautiful and unique music if you don't have those qualities at least hidden deep down somewhere in you.

varg is certainly stunningly unique, but your theory doesn't seem to hold up otherwise

>Inspirational writers
>Pythagoras

Ah Pythagoras, that great classical writer who PURPOSEFULLY NEVER WROTE ANYING DOWN YOU FUCKING RETARD NAME DROPPING RANDOM MATHEMATICIANS IS THE MOST RETARDED THING YOU COULD POSSIBLY TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK INTELLIGENT YOU FUCKING NAZI SHIT!!

>Varg
>stunningly beautiful
>unique
>whole picture

You sound like one of those idiots that marries a death-row convict because the have "an noble soul" or some other sort of bullshit wank rationalization.

doesent arcanum give bonus to CON for females? as in having stronger sickness recovery, higher pain threshold etc

I explicitly stated I thought he was insane. You simple twat.

Why haven't the mods deleted this Attention Whore's thread yet?

>it's written in Papyrus
HAHAHAHAHAHA hilarious