...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to HomeNode...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: → →
>Obituaries_September_2077.gov
>Botched_Burglary_Leaves_Three_Dead_In_Corporate_Megaplex.news
>Hidden_Safehouses_and_Stashes.mapsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 208 (45% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Heard you have some new openings on your crew'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Prost.btl

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever assume the dragon is actually dead

Cheers and Kanpai, chummers. Let us lift a drink and have a moment of silence for the good, bad, and ugly bastards that are no longer with us. This thread is dedicated to the runners whose careers were ended short by the bullet they didn't see coming (or perhaps the one they did). Have a seat, grab a bottle and drug of your choice and tell us about the ones who didn't make it to their pay day.

Other urls found in this thread:

shadowruntabletop.com/missions/background/
youtu.be/BdPpRnzO9Aw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Question re: prototype transhuman for you guys. Would you prefer to be able to select the specific bioware that is discounted by it, or have Chummer manage it for you automagically? The current system is just a flat reduction in the total cost, which isn't super close to RAW.

>>And never, ever assume the dragon is actually dead

This makes a lot more sense than "never cut a deal with a dragon".
I mean if a dragon wants to cut a deal with you, do you really think you have a choice in the matter?

Suicide is a choice user, and usually the better one.

If it isn't too much trouble to change it around, I think being able to select the specific ware would be better.

How would selecting the specific bioware work if you have two or more pieces as part of PT? I'd prefer selecting regardless.

Prefer to select it. Possibly when you choose the quality, it then takes you to the bioware selection window and lists on the side which ones you have taken, and how much of your 1.0 Essence is left.

I have no idea what that girl in the center is doing. Is she falling backwards, or just tossing the magazine aside? Why was she holding her weapon in one hand and magazine in the other? She can't have been loading the magazine, despite the box of ammo implying such. None of the papers are in a position that indicates she was working on them.
Why are her toes so long? So many questions

Ditto. Being able to choose would be best, but if that is not possible then having chummer automatically choose based on what combination of 'ware would get the character closest to one Essence-worth would be okay too.

>Is she falling backwards, or just tossing the magazine aside?

She is catching the magazine being tossed to her by the one on the right. There is a box of loaded mags on the floor next to her.

>Why are her toes so long?

Because foot fetishism.

>Never deal with a dragon
>hestaby literally has a jackpoint account

That's not getting in a business relationship with her. You can't keep dragons from being dragons, but that doesn't mean you need to deliver yourself into their claws. Let some other sucker die for the lizards.

Nasty bitch needs to clip her toenails.

Anything that makes Chummer not bork itself out is a good selection to me, Yekka.

Checkbox when selecting the cyberware would become visible if Prototype Transhuman improvement value > 0, validation step when moving the character to created would check the sum total of marked bioware and throw an error if it's over. Makes essence calculations easier since anything that's covered by PT will automatically be zero so I don't need to futz about with that.

In unrelated news, should have shapeshifters fully working sometime this weekend.

>shapeshifters fully working sometime this weekend
Yay.

I mean they're not always correct anyway. Sanctimonious dipshit hypocrites

Your proposal is basically how it works in HeroLab's implementation.

It made sense to me there, no reason it wouldn't make sense in Chummer.

Not him but peaking of HeroLab, is there any cracked version available? Or is the only way to get it to actually pay $35 + each sourcebook for it? Because that's almost as bad as giving CGL money.

There aren't any cracked versions. What you can do is split the costs between you and your friends; buy one copy of the main one, add x amount of licences for your extra dudes, then either make the book content manually or take turns buying books and such.
I do kind of wish we could do the bucket of x layout that herolab has, it'd make it much easier to do a bunch of stuff. Oh well, treenodes are functional enough for now, SR6 we'll probably burn everything to the ground and start from scratch.

>is there any cracked version available

Not to my knowledge. The only Lone Wolf product I ever saw a working crack for was a really old version of Army Builder, and that was about a decade ago.

I can't in good faith recommend it over Chummer for SR5. While it handles a few things better (and some of that's subjective), the functionality difference is probably not worth the ~$150 it would take to get all the books. Unless that kind of money is really no object to you.

>we'll probably burn everything to the ground and start from scratch.

Sounds like my day job. Only I do it in Java.

>Java
You poor man.

Java's not so bad. It's got its warts, but I've used it so long that it's like an old friend. A little slow, kinda chubby, but you know what to expect and he's pretty trustworthy.

It's the version incompatibilities that really get you. My only real experience with Java has been trying to compile the Exalted 3 character software. Work when running in uncompiled form, just through the JDK, but won't work properly when compiled.

Once in a while they do, but that's mostly a non-issue.

Hola chummers.

Imagine you're infected. Don't look at me like that, you know what kind of infected we are talking about and yes, can happen to anyone.

How fucked are you, past the usual eating metahumans for lunch stuff?

There's a lot of anime artists that think "hey if girls have long fingernails, they must have long toenails too!" and it makes me fucking laugh.

Would literally commit seppuku before allowing such taint to overcome her body and soul.

Two questions, chummers.

Any good recent published campaigns? Looking for something with a story (as opposed to Renraku Arcology dungeon crawl).

Also, any GM use a forum of some kind to set up and distribute info to players? Want to simulate jackpoint for my gaming group.

look for the SR Missions (can't tell you anything about their quality, but they are recent)

>How fucked are you, past the usual eating metahumans for lunch stuff?
Less than you might think. Get in good with a few chop docs, and take their human leftovers off their hands, no questions asked. Sell the bones to gnawers, eat the flesh, squeeze out the blood for vamps. Ditto working suicide / gang fight cleanup.

Which thread was that again?

look in the archive for the previous threads

Should be around June 6th

Hoi chummers, looking to start playing for the first time, limited dnd 4e experience and a voracious appetite for lore. Reading the 5e core rulebook and chargen on chummer are next on my list, but besides that any advice for a novice runner? I've been reading up on Sioux Nation and want to do an ethnically Jewish orc from Casper, SN (Temple Shalom Haverim, tribe mitakola okakse) who is a Saber Tooth Shaman. What areas of specialization suit a shaman? Not terribly interested in being a Face as I understand it. Do you suggest roll20 to find a group? I've never used it before, but I doubt I could find a meatspace group near me. Any misc. suggestions?

tl;dr new, halp

Meant to include img as grease money

shadowruntabletop.com/missions/background/

>Also, any GM use a forum of some kind to set up and distribute info to players? Want to simulate jackpoint for my gaming group.

You could use Obsidian Portal. Also, the generic term is data haven; don't simulate Jackpoint unless you want all your players to be sidelined by your superspecial OC's.

Look into being able to First Aid and Medicine, Maybe ask your DM about letting you grow some cheaper plants at your place if you play 5e and cant actually get a garden officially, Play up the mystic shaman side with lots of smoking and sweat lodge time.
For bonus points see how many of your chummers you can get addicted to your special blend with their consent.

Has your party ever used sex as a critical part of a mission? If so, how?

I have 30 seduction dice.
Yes.
Take a guess.

Yeah, I'm fairly new. Read a lot of books, read a couple of novels, played through the pc games - and still find myself overwhelmed. Data haven. Got it.

The quickest places to find games, in reverse order of quality, would be roll20, reddit, missions (living campaign), and gamefinder/this thread. YMMV heavily.

If you're new then it's probably okay to keep low standards and take anything you can find.

And if you're willing to GM, you can basically do whatever you want.

Whats your runners Jackpoint/Shadowland/Whatever username?

>tell us about the ones who didn't make it to their pay day
3rd edition tank troll who through a series of bad rolls slowly burned to death in a pool of white phosphorus because no one could drag her out with the gunbattle going on.

There was another runner that died in that fight, but nobody talks much about him because it was his bag of grenades that lead to both his demise and the troll's.

My ludicrous amount of edge says I'm immune.

Well I already live in the sewers and rarely see the light of day so not that much different.

Hey chummers, I'm planning on having a complex security system in the next run which requires the group's decker to successfully pass a high-level "job interview" to gain access to a large cache of Renraku paydata. I know I must have seen something similar to this kind of VR security system in one of the rulebooks, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding it again. So first off, I want to ask about where I might be able to find more information on something similar to the idea of a VR security system which requires the decker to conform to the simulation to gain access to the system. And secondly, I'm looking for some hard-hitting job interview questions that Renraku might grill their prospective hires with. Can anyone help me out here?

Well how'd you end up down there, chummer?

Is CGL trying to water down the setting and make it more inclusive?
Aren't all the Horizon campaigns to the public view to positive for metatypes strange?
Am I reading to much into it and its just poor writing?

Or maybe you should spend less time on /pol/?

Hoi chummers, any suggestions for setting one of my players up with a drone decoy of themselves? I'm looking at using one of the SK exec. assistant drones as a base but it's so woefully lacking in Body that I can't squeeze in the mods I want, like Pilot Rating Enhancement. Is there a better way to get this done?

She dies, given that she's already pushing lower than 1 essence.

Assuming we're talking about my current character, he's already a vampire. (He also is a WoD larper, but that's unrelated, he was doing it before he was bitten.)

A runner with a larp hobby? So you can roleplay while you roleplay?

Okay guys, let me ask something more concrete.

How fucked are your SINs/licenses/bank vaults/home security/etc due to your biometrics becoming totally out of whack?

If you've forgotten, Shadowrun is a dystopia and one of the basic tenets of the setting is the racism different metahumans experience.

If your feefees are too tender to handle pretend triggers, perhaps you should spend more time in therapy than at the gaming table.

There's a reason most infected are SINless chummer.

Where does your runner live, and how do they survive the hot season?

stay bumpy, Deitrich

Probably not the first thing on the "oh fuck I'm a ghoul now" checklist running through my mind.

Speaking of which, what is the transformation process like? Ghouls are blind, right? If you were infected, when you would you start to know?

Slow day

Speaking of ghouls, how fast does it take for the infection to spread? If a ghoul bit your arm, could you cut it off in a gory display and, assuming that didn't kill you (like having a friendly mage handy) would you not be infected?

How much do you actually need to eat? Three square meals of blood/Flesh/Bones?

Beginning the planning stage of running a campaign. I haven't played Shadowrun since 3rd Edition. Could a kind user give me a brief breakdown of the 4th and 5th Editions from a GM's standpoint?

Look up in the pastebin, there's an obviously named file that will break it down for you nicely.

I would assume you would notice the cataracts rapidly growing on your eyes if you had natural eyes. But lets be honest, I think a large portion of us have cybereyes, so that's one negative you probably don't have to worry about chummer.

In Run Faster the transformation speed of the HMHVV-III strain is 10 - BOD days of being comatose. Though, this is CGL so take it with a grain of salt.

What should I make if I want to play a big girl.

You'd almost think that trying to make the world more inclusive for a quarter (or more) of the worlds population would be a good idea. After like 50 years or so.

It's not like it happened over night.

Fomorian Biosam. See: end of the previous thread.

I ran a mission where a UCAS governor, who was very much outspoken against infected, was comming to Seattle to meet up with some associates.

My group got hired by a group of protestors to kidnap the governor so they could "persuade" him to think otherwise.

Long story short, after operation "adult diaper" was succesful and they aquired him, they made the trade (well tried, first attempt was a backstab that their johnson was unaware of, and they then found out that their employer were ghouls), and the next day the governor was found naked in the streets.

A couple of months (and runs) later one of the characters came across an article about the same governor who had been away from the public for some time and had now come out as infected and pro-ghoul rights.

All in all, I think the group wouldn't take it that badly if they turned into ghouls. After all the Johnson was nice, even though her henchers tried to shoot them. They got a nice bonus for that mishap.

How should I homebrew machine guns and assault cannons to make them useful?

Moar AP? Better dodge penalties? Better bipod buff?

Don't give the LMG the double recoil penalty.
Increase DV of MMG and HMG by +1.
Maybe increase the Assault Cannon DV by +2, but you'll need to balance it out (No firing from the shoulder).

Don't really see any big flaws with them though.

Formorians suck now, go full giant.

Crouching simulator. You wanna feel like Gandalf in the Shire everywhere you go?

Details, my good man.

They said they want a big, girl ain't no girl bigger than a she-giant.

as well as reducing their physical stats CGL for some fucking reason decided to lower a fomorians Willpower maximum to 5 and Int to 4 making them bad at what they're supposed to be good at, magic. Combine that with arcane arrester being nerfed an the utterly unreasonable karma tax on formorian (12 vs 2 for other metavriant trolls) and they just suck compared to giant. Giants get better dermal armour vs none for the fomorian, have the cha and logic max 5 as well and all the lose is they drom to reaction max 5.
In conclusion giants are the troll master race.

Everytime I start frequenting these threads I get reminded over and over why I don't bother touching 5th edition again.

For me its the opposite. I'm so used to 5th ed at this point that 4th seems absurd to me.

For hard hitting interview question try google. I know, I know but seriously. A million interviews have been taken and there are tons of places that will give you recommendations or stories of good interview questions.

Had a troll that became infected while helping some sane ghouls. Ended up having him act as muscle to protect them, using contacts to bring in biowaste so they didn't go insane.

Anyone have the PDF that lists a bunch of super-essential equipment for new players? I have a few newbies in my group and i want to help them out.

Hoi Chummers. I'm tryna homebrew up a bunch of runs for a campaign in the future that-may-or-may not actually happen. Anyone have any ideas? I'm mostly looking for weird drek jobs to ease my players into the pink mohawk aspect before slowing moving up to trenchcoat. I'll post what I've come up with/scavenged so far as an offering. Sean, Daniel, Josh, Trent, if u guys see this don't read under the spoiler.

An orc who runs a community center hires the runners to steal a truck full of steak (REAL steak, not that soy crap) so she can run a big neighbourhood cookout to raise funds.

A group of cultists hires the runners to break into a museum of technology and steal a bunch of ancient VHS' of a televangelist they worship (stolen from here)

A creepy old human hires the runners to clear out a walled-up apartment block in the barrens that he owns. A bunch of feral ghouls have moved in. When the runners clear it out they might discover some strange hidden cameras strategically placed around the area... or that before they turned feral, the ghouls had been hired for the exact same job...

A guy from the Vory is planning a kidnapping but wants Knights Errant to be busy elsewhere. The players have to cause a big enough ruckus at a shopping mall to divert their attention.

A dryad stripper hires the runners to go rescue her gigantic troll husband from a trog gang holding him captive.

That's all I've got so far. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ditch the VHS thing, the tapes would be unreadable after so long. They'd need to either grab hardcopies of the scripts, or dvd/bluray.

And it took 50 years for it to happen for orcs
Changelings didn't have to wait
And with run faster it seems every metatype to be acepted with no prejudice
And even AI started getting SINs
If you are strange and new everybody likes you now

Truly, it is a dark dystopian future where /leftypol/ won and immigrants and diversity are mandatory.

True, but I like the idea of the run so much I'm gonna ignore that tiny detail.

It's not a tiny detail, just change the stored media to make it kosher.

It's not like discs are going to make any more sense for a runner.

I don't know why but I just really like the aesthetics of like, some ancient grainy footage of a televangelist in a suit standing next to his wife in robes in front of a choir and talking about jesus, and it being super important to a bunch of metahumans. to each their own i guess

Considering how old the tapes were when the recordings were transferred to DVD to immortalize them by a pious member of the congretation, that's exactly what it would look like. After nearly a century, all the tapes themselves will have is static.

youtu.be/BdPpRnzO9Aw
Takes place 2072, Cowboy Bebop does betamax

You should take anime science with a grain of salt user.

K can we stop arguing about this and go with the drek jobs I'm looking for instead? If I want my players to fight dinosaurs I'm not gonna care if they're extinct. I'm going to go with the cool thing.

I was thinking about having them do something with the Yaks, but I've got no ideas for the job itself. My main idea is having some arrogant young Yak prince hire them for a job then try to get out of paying by telling them to fuck off afterwards, and see how my players handle it

This is fucking Shadowrun we're talking about here. Anime Science makes at minimum as much sense.

>Can Veeky Forums stop with the autism and help me?

Where do you think you are?

Have you even read Run Faster or any of the background?
Changelings are literally just shunned by most of society unless their mutations are small enough that they can hide them (or remove them, as a lot of people do if they have the chance due to self loathing), and are just creating their own culture.

Metasapients don't have SINs in most of the world, with the exception of Sasquatches (who were recognized as sapient in 2042 so that's over 30 years ago).

AIs are only given SINs and legal rights on a case to case basis, and some countries (Japan for example) just consider them the property of whoever created/owned the software/hardware/whatever that the AI developed from. Also some people believe that AI are actually formed from the minds that have been lost in the Matrix, as some AIs retain memories of specific people that have died previously. Very GITS.

I don't know if you've just played with shit GMs that don't want to portray oppression or if you just need someone to stamp OPPRESSION in big red letters for you to actually be able to read what's right there in the text.

But hey, keep being angry.

How much salt should one apply to magical sci-fi collective imagination game vs. anime?