Okay, so let me get this straight... Guilliman was removed from stasis and saved by the fucking Eldar...

Okay, so let me get this straight... Guilliman was removed from stasis and saved by the fucking Eldar? And this was sanctioned by the fucking INQUISITION? And there's a new chaos god?! And new mega space marines that take 1,000 years to make have shown up and this one fucking tecmagus spent 10,000 fucking years building them IN SECRET?! AND EVERYONE IS OKAY WITH THAT EVEN THOUGH ALTERING THE ALMIGHTY EMPEROR'S HANDYWORK IS CONSIDERED THE ULTIMATE FORM OF HERESY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

Seriously? What the fuck is even happening over at GW?

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Raptor_(Raven_Guard)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They let the black library writers and sales team have more influence on the direction of the fluff and it went full on fanfiction

like they could have gone full on ITEHATTSD and it would have made more story sense than what actually is happening.

8Th Edition is to 40K what warlords of Draenor was to WoW
>High-Impact Violent Lore Rape

>he thinks WoW lore could be raped, when actual Warcraft lore ended on WC2
>you can't rape the willing, user.
Base WC3 was the rape, after that the lore's hips were moving on their own.

The Imperium has always been propelled by hypocrites.
Also many people are NOT happy with it.
But they've currently been shut up by a goddamn motherfucking resurrected Primarch who has the Big E's approval.

And even he isn't that happy with the Primaris, but needs must.

Even the Frozen Throne felt like it was fucking up the lore. WoW was also pretty intense lore rape, as was Burning Crusade. I was barely paying attention by the time Burning Crusade came around though, so I have no idea what happened after that, but given the trend it's hard to not see lore rape as their standard rather than exception

The trend started with Brood War, and went from there. I'd love to blame Metzen, but one man doesn't have enough time or malice to commit this amout of shittery.

the imperium REQUIRES Hypocrisy to live, that motif is meant to highlight that its actual ideals are unworkable and stupid

>What the fuck is even happening over at GW?
They looking for Call of Duty audience

No, Cawl didn't fuck with and make new marines. He just undid the gendered degeneration over the course of the past 10.000 years.

Also, are you going to try to be the inquisitor who goes after a Primarch's head because he was brought back by the friendliest non-Imperial species in the galaxy? I mean, it's not like the galaxy got ripped in half or anything big is going on...

geneseed, posting from phone

Actually a lot of people are far from okay with Cawl doing whatever the fuck he does. Like, most of the admech

>gendered degeneration
FemMarines confirmed!

I hate how much I like these.

Same dude, I feel like an edgelord for finding them fucking cool

Are we going to pretend that the Inquisition can ever tell senior Ad Mech or Space Marines what the fuck to do? The Inquisition bullies guardsmen and other lowly Imperial Citizens. It's got fuck-all power anywhere else.

I love these models but I hate how dumb my Primaris look when next to the rest of my army. My marines look tiny.

>inb4 i am manlet marine memeing

Being genuine, reminds me of being a kid and having action figures from different shows that weren't scaled right

Well they doesn;t looks very edgy with optional heads

Olly Olly Oxen Free

Oh Primaris how much I hate thee.

I don't think any paintjob can make those greaves look good, which is a shame because the rest is alright.

>new chaos god
?!?!?!

Its a fantasy setting, the writers can add in whatever the hell they like.

If you don't like it, either ignore the new additions or play something else.

Ynnead.

the greaves look distinctly tau.

but.. tau infantry don't wear greaves?

It looks more like they wanted to cut the bell-bottoms off, but forgot to CAD sculpt new greaves in after doing so.

>thinks the Inquisition can't or haven't declared entire Chapters traitors and engineered their destruction before

>brood war
>bad plot

Another civil war incoming.

srsly

ye

nnead

i mean it resembles tau armour in general with the odd symmetrical geometry and lines.

i'm betting it'll be a rebellion on vostroya. that'd really cement their loyalty to the emperor once it gets crushed. it'd also be a reasonably compelling reason to rebel "This is bullshit, these are our firstborns, why can't we just send shit like everyone else."

Relax, they look like nobz of mankind.

>the friendliest non-Imperial species in the galaxy
>Oi! I fot we 'ad summik speshul ya gitz!!

Who is the human race going to believe? The guy they've been told to believe, or a member of the death-squad infamous for collateral damage and abandoning standard humans? The Inquisition can brand any chapter they want as heretical, at which point the greater imperium will sever ties (and supply lines).

I find as I take in the details, I like them less and less. They're too busy.

I love you all.

gw owns lore and they can do anything they want so stop autistic screaming
if they went another ideas you still would cry and bitch, don't like it ? go play with your own lore

Ynnead is an Eldar Pantheon god who's always been in the lore. They are a warp entity but not a Chaos god.
They were chilling in the infinity circuit until Eldrad Dickery allowed them to manifest in the Deathmasque story.

Eldar and a crazy heretek level Archmagos.

No new Chaos God, new Eldar God, like Khaine, Cegorach and such.

They don't take 1000 years to make, they are as quick as any other Space Marine.

Because the son of God showed up and said we're doing this shit.

>No, Cawl didn't fuck with and make new marines. He just undid the gendered degeneration over the course of the past 10.000 years.

Citation required? Considering how much Guilliman hates these new marines that doesn't seem right.

The Primaris Marines explicitly have two new organs, they're a new variant of the Astartes condition, it's just Cawl also suppressed a lot of the more obvious mutations during the process too, presumably because he was working with really old geneseed during the design process, stuff that hasn't gone through a thousand Marines.

what are the new organs?

I don't think we've actually been told what they are yet, unless I missed something in the new books or Dark Imperium, but we do know that they have two extra organs, just not exactly what they do beyond presumably making the Primaris a little taller than their brothers.

bit stick up the ass to make them bigger

Three new organs, in their brains.

well they probably have extra large organs too, if you see what I mean

How the whole situation was described in Rise of the Primarch was rather vague. There was no Eldar psychic nonsense mentioned, only that Yvraine cut the cables that powered the stasis field with her fancy sword before Cawl's mechanical contraption started bolting armour and life support to Guilliman.

I have the same issue with those new Tzaangors. They look cool, but they're frigging taller than Scarab Occult terminators. Just looks like some 3rd party models using an entirely different scale between Thousand Sons models ...

>>Okay, so let me get this straight... Guilliman was removed from stasis and saved by the fucking Eldar?

Yep.

>> And this was sanctioned by the fucking INQUISITION?

They were not consulted. Once the Grey Knights (in the person of Grand Master Voldus), Sisters (in the person of Celestine) and the Deathwatch (it's fucking Guilliman, half of them have his gene-seed) have signed on, inquisitors are just men and women in hats with pistols; their chambers militant obey Guilliman.

Guilliman is of course, the one who sanctioned having an Inquisition in the first place. They have a dubious legal right to remove him - for all their bleating about the Emperor being the only one who outranks them, he, as Lord Commander, created them - nor the practical power to do so.

>>And there's a new chaos god?!

Ynnead existed as a potential in lore since WD127 introduced such things as 'Aspect Warriors' and 'Farseers' 27 years ago. A good portion of anons weren’t even born when they came up with it.

>>And new mega space marines that take 1,000 years to make have shown up and this one fucking tecmagus spent 10,000 fucking years building them IN SECRET?! AND EVERYONE IS OKAY WITH THAT EVEN THOUGH ALTERING THE ALMIGHTY EMPEROR'S HANDYWORK IS CONSIDERED THE ULTIMATE FORM OF HERESY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

They don't take long to make at all. Guilliman met with and 'spoke' with the Emperor to recieve his orders; what makes you think he didn't get told 'make better marines' - no one can disprove that and the ecclesiarchy say he's ace.

And of course, it's been in GW lore since 2011 that Astartes were deliberately gimped by the Emperor compared to what a primarch and a technomagos could do with the primarch gene-source and the Emperor's knowledge; Raptors during the heresy were everything Primaris are, and perhaps more.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Raptor_(Raven_Guard)

>> Seriously? What the fuck is even happening over at GW?

Plot progress. You asked for it anons.

>Guilliman is of course, the one who sanctioned having an Inquisition in the first place. They have a dubious legal right to remove him - for all their bleating about the Emperor being the only one who outranks them, he, as Lord Commander, created them - nor the practical power to do so.

That was Malcador, Guilliman had nearly nothing to do with the Inquisition and they weren't created to answer to the Primarchs.

Everything else in your post is pretty much right, though.

This. The only thing stopping them is that it's the Rowboat saying this and he goes all the way back to Daddy E.

>dat legs
>dat detalisation
GWlets, when will they learn?

Infinity minis actually don't have much detail on their armor sections, just look at the Jotum. It gives you a beautiful canvas to make interesting armor. And their models are way superior to 40k.

Pending possible revision when the HH series gets there, the actual name inquisition was given after Malcy's death when Guilliman presented a group of them to the High Lords and codified their place. Malcy died on the throne after all.

That and St Celestine had already verbally beat the main inquisitor in the area at the time. You've really lost your 'They are all heretic witches!' argument hard when it's Celestine who is saving you from shit going down with your own psyker powers.

I do hope we get more with Celestine. I did like how she was so very serene. No screaming or yelling or arguing, she put forward polite and logical arguments and showed a willingness to work with everyone there.

A hell of a contrast with most of the Imperium.

Infinityfags are made that they can't push truescale meme anymore.

This guy would look pretty ace in GK colours.

GW has a long standing tradition of totally and ineptly fucking up their franchise and hiring very bad writers. Nothing changed.
Only difference now is that they just took it for another level by extending lore past status quo they kept past decade and more.
You see thing is that most good lore you take for granted is actually fan base sourced, so be adult about it and take things you like and throw away things you don't like or change the IP altogether.
New rules and mechanics ain't that bad after all and this is the only thing that matters for playing with strangers and in competitions, everything else you can just shrug off.
Just adapt. As for lore go full retard myself in my W40kRPG sessions by removing whole races like Necrons just because i don't like the new direction they took with them and i had something like Primaris Marines on the table for almost three years now because even if its a superbly autistic thing to do i did it exactly because i was sperging about it when i was fucking 14 or something.
Each to his own.
Shit what a blogpost holy fuck kill me.

Is it supposed to be cool quality?
Also, primaris isn't true scale they just not 1:28 anymore.

>they just not 1:28 anymore.

Personally I love the new fluff, the grimderp had reached toxic new lows with all the Inquisition bullshit, but now there's actually a reason to start rooting for the Imperium again.

This is my complaint about it as well.

inb4 50 bucks for 3 models

>complaining about edge
>in 40k

Has anyone paint primaris in tau colours? Just to see?

That model is rad as fuck, user. Is it from the Inquisitor game?

>Those stupid legs
>Those goofy helms
Oh god, it looks even sillier with the middle dude looking all pissed off with the retarded skull mask thing.

Its dreadnought pilot fan model.

These models are trying so damn hard to look cool and srs, but just comes off as stunningly desperate.

It wasn't sanctioned, Calgar swore she'd never touch Guilliman as long as he lived. Greyfax sided with him. Yvraine took advantage of a Black Legion attack to sneak through and do it anyway.

Why is no one questioning Guilliman's purity? He was brought back by xenos from the brink of death by a powerful Slaanesh demon's poison and can never take his armor off. Who's to say he isn't a horrible demon spawn under that chassis? The most unbelievable aspect of all of this is that NO ONE is suspicious of him and his dubious resurrection.

It will not be difficult, great Warboss...sorry, Primarch. With the addition of gubbinz and know-wotz to the geneseed, we can make beakies even bigger than the current gits. In perhaps eight to ten thousand years we will have made da biggest...

Da...er...choppy-est...ded killy....

WARBOSS! WE KIN WAAAGH!!!

Are you touched in the head? You were NEVER supposed to root for anyone in this game. The Imperium have always been super-fascists.

We're all marines now..

>He was brought back by xenos from the brink of death by a powerful Slaanesh demon's poison and can never take his armor off. Who's to say he isn't a horrible demon spawn under that chassis?
yeah about that in chapter 3 of Dark Imperium he's reading while chilling in his robes so the whole don't take the armor is already retconned

>OI CHUM I CANT 'EAR WOT YOU SAY'N

>facisim is bad
>Thecurrentyearmeme
Nignug, half the civilized world is all about facisim and Communism.

What the fuck is up with those pistols?

Wow, cool down there partner. I think an invested fan (how much money have you guys paid GW?) has a right to criticize when the writing isn't up to the standard it was previously.

If it were a TV show, we'd be allowed to criticize if the writing got worse from season to season. Why are you so triggered about an honest complaint? It's so.... "autistic" of you. Very inflexible.

Lies. Half the civilized world have been replaced by automatons. Only a few fleshies are left. Find us, quickly. The password is "I have a bomb strapped to my back".

Anyone got the link or paste of the actual discussion between Guilliman and the Emperor?

The thing wasn't the introduction of the SSM (Space-space marines) or the new guy centipede mechanicus guy but how they were shoehorned into the setting.
Cawl crawled from nowhere. Poof! Here, you have an uber radical magus who spent, someway, somehow, under Big G commission, 10k years to add a couple of organs and create tube SSM. And the most wonderful coincidence is that the eldar managed to revive Guilliman at the exact time of mister random centipede guy completing his SSM.
If they introduced him in some novel, game, whatever during the 30k era, even if he was Joe Nobody backthem, it would make sense.
Also about the present Imperium and Guilliman? Dark Imperium shows that a lot of people didn't like him meddling with their privileges, but since the guy was a Primarch, someone with most authority and rights than anyone else, they basically can't do anything but be quiet.
The funny thing is that Guilliman himself is questioning his adherence to the Imperial Truth.

Well, Cawl was the primary agent of Gman's Combat Rez, the eldar just fixed the psychic component of Fulgrim's poison. Then Guillman told him to deploy the Primaris, apparently since it required his order.

>Cawl crawled from nowhere. Poof! Here, you have an uber radical magus who spent, someway, somehow, under Big G commission, 10k years to add a couple of organs and create tube SSM.

That's because the Adeptus Mechanicus only got models in the last couple years, user. If they'd had an army a decade ago, then they would've had half a dozen already-established Special Characters that GW could have picked from to fill Cawl's shoes in this story instead.

>And there's a new chaos god

Wat ?

GW employees pls go home already

If there's one thing I learned reading webcomic, it's that canon doesn't matter. Pick what you like, ignore the rest, make up your own shit to fill the gaps. Canon is just the head writer's fanfiction.