Magic: Urza & Mishra

I got my hands on Magic: Urza and Mishra, the 2000-2001 manga adaptation of Magic: The Gathering's The Brothers' War (half of it, rather; Looks like it got cancelled midway so it ends with Mishra getting his arm cut off and running away).

Just posting some pictures.

Young Urza

Young Urza and Mithra take a bath in some traditional Dominarian hot springs and are joined by their mentor Tocasia

Adult Mishra and Urza

Mishra takes Ashnod sightseeing in Phyrexia

Ashnod has great fashion sense

Kayla

Kayla is pretty small in this

There's a bonus of adult Kayla and son at the back so she's not just short, Urza and Mishra are just pedophiles.

That's all I have unless anyone wants anything in particular.

Any chance that you'd be willing to do full Raws, user?

Also, did not expect the nudity. Any more choice scenes that'd give the SJWs at WotC heart attacks, user? ;)

Not really.

I nod to her ass

>"That guy is not Mishra!"

No shit, "Urza".

It's じゃない「か」, try to keep amateur Japanese learning discussion in /int/ please.

I like this sci fi aesthetics, they look like fungi

It feels like this isn't dark enough.

Yawghmoths phyrexia is fire and smoke, so open sky like that doesn't really work as well. but then again this doesn't follow game's aestethics that much so it isn't that big deal

I want the whole thing plz. I might actually be able to read it thanks to furigana lol

Awesome! Any chance we'll get to see the whole thing?

Was Phyrexia ever nice? This looks more like Mirrodin desu

I thought she was brown...
This seems right.
Without reading the text, I assumed the top was Urza, and the bottom Mishra.

You could write it off in a number of ways. Ambient light in that area. The artists not wanting to ink a roof/black sky. But yeah, doesn't feel like Phyrexia.

Where'd you get this OP? I'd love to add this to my collection.

Anyone else think the 90s anime aesthetic would have been perfect for most Magic settings?

The weirdest and simultaneously the best parts of this are the fanservice bits, imo.

>Anyone else think the 90s anime aesthetic would have been perfect for most Magic settings?

I don't think any anime aesthetics in general fits MTG desu, which I am actually okay with. I don't mind if something stands out in a franchise as long as its actually good, which sadly the multiple MTG manga they have tried never are.

I miss when magic was Magepunk. Now it's generic generic generic. MaRo convinced everyone that Kamigawa's unique flavor was a bad thing so now they eat up whatever wizards shits out without question.

What if Mishra was a girl?

Kaladesh wasn't generic at all.

Mind if you scan it all?

Yeah, all the manga are ass, but I disagree with you, almost entirely based on the picture you posted.

Colorful, silly outfits, capable of pretty things and grotesque things, swaying back and forth between simple revenge plots and world-ending horrors. 90s fantasy anime would have pulled off a decent Magic story, even if it had nothing to do with Magic overall. My opinion anyway.

It kind of was. Or at least what made it unique wasn't really talked about. It had unique visuals but didn't do anything to stand out against other Magic sets or fantasy in general.

Tiger dragons were neat.

Wait, Urza was supposed to be the blond one, and Mishra the dark-haired one.

That's actually, like, a major fucking plot point since it concerns whether or not Harbin (who has sandy-blond hair) is really Urza's kid or if it's Mishra's becuase Kayla cucked Urza.

(It's never really answered - Urza says that Harbin has "my father's hair", although given how genetics work Harbin is more likely to be Urza's kid than Mishra's)

Fucking Japan...

I don't really remember. The (alternate timeline) Mishra card had dark hair, but it's been so long since I read Brothers War that I don't remember that detail. Just how the characters felt.

Urza is blonde, Mithra has black hair and an evil devil goatee.

And Harbin's son has Mithra's hair which confirmed that Urza got cucked.

>son
>bastard nephew
Close enough. And it's not like it wasn't Urza's fault; he won access to a million shiny rocks AND a wife. He should have used both of those things even if he only really wanted the former.

No, Harbin had the same sandy-blond hair as Urza, but Urza argued that it was "his father's hair", as he didn't trust Kayla to have not cucked him. But going off of just the hair, he's Urza's child.

The novel Planeswalker remarks that Urza looked at his grandson, Jarsyl, only once, and it was once too many because Jarsyl had some characteristics in common with Mishra. But then as Urza and Mishra are brothers that isn't really all that surprising and doesn't prove anything.

Deceptive visions maybe?