Primaris only army

I'm thinking of just taking the primaris pill and shelving my manlet marines.

My army looks dumb on the table fielded with Primaris, like two different brands of different scale action figures. It triggers me and I see no reason fluff wise why the current marines wouldn't take the available Primaris upgrade.

Is it viable? Does anyone else feel the same? Primaris were a mistake.

>Primaris were a mistake.
>But I want a full Primaris army

Yep, I'm doing it. Plus they're great models.

Only a mistake in the way that they make every other unit look dumb.

I'm currently painting a unit of Primaris intercessors and an iron priest; the iron priest looks absolutely pathetic next to the intercessors. I'd rather field an entire army of Primaris rather than look at my pathetic marines.

If I ever go back to spaces marines, I will go back to primaris only

I think you are losing too many options by going all Primaris Marines. I don't play SM but if I did probably the only Primaris Marines I would buy would be Hellblasters. The rest don't seem necessary.

I'm waiting for the book then I'll make one. Likely the Raven Guard successor as I like the paint job. It's white, but stylish white.

I thought that originally; but with the Reiver close combat unit and the librarian revealed I figure they're making analogues for every classic marine unit.

All Primaris honestly doesn't seem viable at the moment, which is dissapointing, because I like the models, and an All primaris army would look very cool if painted right.

>My army looks dumb on the table fielded with Primaris
No it fucking doesn't. You're just painfully insecure.

From WH fest the upgrade process is painful, slow, makes them unable to fight for a long time and can kill the astartes.

>He actually says this

How does it feel to have geedubs nuts in your mouth?

Their rules are kinda terrible, but yeah, you do you.

Wouldnt having geedubs nuts in your mouth have you advocating all Primaris™ brand Adeptus Astartes™ ?

It probably feels better than getting triggered because some toy soldiers are a cunt hair taller than other toy soldiers.

Gw sales plz go

I feel somewhat the opposite. Primaris just look bland next to my old style Marines, who i've been able to put a lot of personality into.

I actually refuse to use primaris. They are now the filthy snowflake units and normal marines are more akin to being on the level of guardsmen. Fuckin. GW made space marines underdogs.

>when you're in a GW shill thread about "manlet marines"

I actually hope you're a bored staff member in a dead shop.

Samefagging this hard

>fagging this hard

Kys negger

>GW shill
>Criticise current GW models.
>Using a Veeky Forums meme

>I'd rather field an entire army of Primaris rather than look at my pathetic marines.
Ask mommy for some more pocket money next time she drives you to that one store full of smelly fat guys.

>tfw I am 5'6"
>tfw constantly see guys my size bitch about height and compensate for it in a variety of dumb ways instead of just living with it
>tfw i get to laugh at all the insecure marinefags doing the same thing and complaining about something being taller than them

just buy some cowboy heeled boots and a landraider with a lift kit like all the other insecure munchkin fucks do or grow a pair goddamn.

You can grow up and get used to it. These primaris Marines are head and shoulders above the old marines in proportions and posing since theyre actually standing up straight. No need to get a short temper just because this was the only way they could implement truescale marines without invalidating half their kits. Besides, until the primaris get more stuff added they're not going to measure up to much of an army without allies to fill in their gaps.

>Logan Grimnar; supreme badass wrecking machine
>Looks like a manlet stood next to a group of 5 primaris marines

Hmmmmmmmmm

>Toy soldier one, fictional character
>Looks a nut hair smaller next to another toy soldier
Cry some more.

Wow gw gets hostile when you call them out.

This is Veeky Forums we're talking about, that Nut Hair must long enough to rival Grimnar's beard

In this context its a valid concern

t. manlet

>shooty chads r totally better than choppy SM thread

>Tfw you play Chaos with no options for Primaris and embrace the suffering

IT IS A GOOD PAIN

>Implying most CSM forces don't still stack up cultists
>implying anyone fields basic marines beyond Havocs and maybe Chosen/New Death guard (who aren't manlets) anyway

Space Marine's dumb-as-fuck proportions are the reason I never got a SM army. Primaris fix that problem for me, so I'll probably be starting a Primaris-only force once the codex is released along with the non-easy-to-build kits.

GW did a pretty good job making them compatible with old SM bits too, mk3 helms look really good on Primarines.

>Feeling this insecure about your toy soldiers.

You are literally playing into GWs hand user, dont do it.

>Keeps calling them toy soldiers

Why are you trying to trigger me so hard? I get that they're minis for a game but come on user; do you even actually play table top?

>Dat paintjob

Suddenly I feel bretty good about my painting skills Fampai.

How can manlets even compete?

>Can't see op works in GW PR.

I'm building a Primaris force for Celestial Lions. Models are great, but in terms of crunch I have my doubts as of yet. I've tried the contents of the starter box and must say, they're generally quite lacking. Hellblasters are solid, provided they get proper support, but Intercessors will not impress anyone and LTs are only good for providing buffs and then throwing under the buss to stall a melee unit for a turn. Inceptors and Gravis-Captains are decent enough, but never seem to live up to how they appear on paper.
Reivers I'm not seeing, either. Primaris melee is still shit, especially with the lack of chainswords or the like. Boltpistol stats are also unimpressive, so I don't know what the angle is here.

T. Desperate to push sales GW employee

t. buttmad marinelet

Does the truth make you uncomfortable?

>Only a mistake in the way that they
make every other unit look dumb

user that was for sure no mistake from GW.

Reivers are fast attack tho

t. manlet

eh, its summer user. Goobers gonna goob.

>Think Primaris are a shitty cashgrab and/or don't even look good.
>LOL MANLET BABIES BTFO Y U MAD MANLET MANLET XDDDDDdd

>Accept Primaris and include them alongside other marines
>B-BUT HOW CAN MARINELETS EVEN COMPETE? THEY'LL BE PHASED OUT SOON LMAOKEK XDddd

>Decide to make a Primaris army
>GET A LOAD OF THIS KEKSHILL HAHA THIS IS WHAT GW WANTS KEKKEKKEKCU KKEK XDDD

All cancer. All Summer. These shitty manlet memes need to go back to /r9k/ with the faggots that brought them here

Step one, buy an illuminated magnifiying glass, step 2: buy a jewlers headset and saw, maybe some other shit. dont cut your dumb self.
step 3: cut apart a sacrificial mini, after doing some research. Begin sculpting with greenstuff after you "pin it" to make it less of a manlet.

Now you got your own bad ass, super cool primaris upgraded marines.

>Reivers
>close combat
Yes, that combat knive is sure to impress everybody, as will the piddly bolt pistol.
If anything, Reivers are harassers and infiltrators rather than a straight-up punchy unit.

Was this announced or is it an assumption?

t. manlet? I'm not sure

>mfw I have an Ork army I can use instead and not have to worry about insecure manchildren spouting repetitive, dumbfuck memes at the table

>Tfw Marines all die the same big or small

Now truly is the best time to be Xenos Master race

You can see the far right reivers other pauldron

Personally if I were you, I'd use all my normal Marines as Sisters of Silence since they are about as tall as women. Then I'd use my Basketball Marines as normal Marines. Primaris rules are trash.

Ah, nice catch.
That makes them even less interesting, though. I mean, their gear will not impress anyone, I fear. If they at least had two pistols...

The name still rubs me up the wrong way, I'm too used to primaris psykers.

If you shoot their chest will they explode?

Bigger tins of biomass? Yes please!

They're not super powerful right now although you can include predators/whirlwinds to shore up your lack of raw anti tank firepower without breaking your aesthetic

Aren't Ultima Founding chapters supposed to be all Primaris? How feasible would it really be?

That's not how grenades work, so no.

Actual military guys have posted on Reddit about this, and the Hollywood-ification of wearing grenades.

Apparently, grenades are very stable, and in a combat zone pretty much only the grenade's own firing pin will detonate it. Sustained exposure to heat, punctures, anything like that isn't going to set one off so easily. Of course, you'd only ever wear them on your chest when you're the designated grenade-throwing guy for an assault or raid in its last stages. Normally you'd keep spare ammo on your chest because you're going to be using that more than grenades, and need to keep it handy.

So these guys look like ambush units that toss grenades and close with the knives, and have pistols to put pepper on anything just a little out of melee or charge range. I suspect they're made to mix things up with light infantry rather than going toe-to-toe with units like them.

>Must be playing muhreenlets.

>Saving for pic related army.

It's not viable, but it's not very good. The major problems are Intercessors being worse than Tacticals, Inceptors being too expensive, and the only HQs you have are LTs and Gravis Capt.

Hellblasters are really good, maybe if you played like Vanguard detachment and just spam those you'd do okay.

Supposedly it's a power knife or something. Someone said Dark Imperium described them as having power swords and combat knives.

I am using my Primaris marines in this way.

The space marine army I made is basically painted after the armor I had on Commander Shepard in Mass Effect 2. So my marines are basically N7 Marines. Once Primaris Marines were introduced to their chapter everything was all fine and dandy.

The Primaris were a welcome addition to the ranks of the N7, although they were a little fresh still. Together veteran N7 Marines, and the newly introduced Primaris N7 Marines.

The primary focus of the N7s hate though is the Tyranids. They hunt these bastards as their own recruiting world was completely destroyed by those bastards, and several other worlds in their sector were close to being devoured as well. So they put primary focus on trying to rid the galaxy of all that is Tyranid. As they crusade to destroy the Tyranid foe, some of their brothers fall, and as they fall Primaris Marines rise through the ranks, and soon Primaris brothers are in ranks where they begin to have some clout. It is then that they begin to exert their influence.

See Many of the higher ranking Primaris believe that in order to destroy the Tyranid foe, the chapter should be willing to take ANY and ALL actions necessary. This includes the incorporation of xeno tech to some degree. The older veterans refuse. Disagreement on doctrine soon leads to a rift, with most Primaris leaning towards the "Any and All" form of thinking, and most of the Older veterans sticking to their own, older, Codex Compliant ways, they will NOT lower themselves to the use of Xeno-tech. This rift leads to a split, where the chapter agrees that their differences are too great, and thus they split into two Chapters. N7, and the newly, predominantly Primaris Chapter calling itself "Cerberus"

Then later on their "All or Nothing" approach leads to chaos or some shit I don't know I have not really thought out the whole thing, but I am painting my Primaris in Cerberus Armor.

Enjoy having no transports.

lol

Everyone in this thread talking the manlet v primaris memes,if height mattered to you all just play knights,how can primaris even compete?

Could always do what I'm going to do. I'm keeping my Dark Angels army as regular Space Marines, and I'm running a separate Blades of Vengeance army, since the Ultima Founding gave me a way to run them that is fluff appropriate, since it makes little sense for the Dark Angels to suddenly welcome them with open arms.

>gave me a way to run Primaris Marines that is fluff appropriate

fixed.

All these loyalists complaining about manlet marines.
Death Guard are the same hight as Chad marines.
Not a single thread of Choas players bitching about size differences.
It's okay. Everyone is different, nothing actually matters. Everything dies.
Now come play some 40k, considering you spent the money on it already.

t. manlet

>Death Guard are the same hight as Chad marines.

They're not

Pretty close there Joe.
Either way it has the same effect.

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way.
Which is why I painted my new Primaris as Imperial Fists, while all my old 7+ year old Space Marines are poorly painted Ultramarines.

I'm glad I've been putting off building marines for so long. I can't imagine having to redo my entire goddamn army

>Pretty close there Joe.

Haha. No, look at the difference in stances.

Okay. Well when they get up off their bases and walk around like a Pixar movie I'm sure it'll change everything.
*eyeroll*
But you do you annon, you do you. Work that magic, make em walk. You magic girl you. *winky face*

You'd have to be pretty retarded to not be able to eyeball the length of the Primaris leg straightened in your head. Hell, all you have to do is put your thumb on the feet and your index finger on the head, then while keeping your hand still, tilt it to fit the plague marine's head and feet.

>Is wrong
>Is petty
>Is reddit

What a truly awful combo.

I agree.

I love the look of Primaris but I mean there's nothing wrong with old marines. One of my goals is to have one marine unit from every edition of 40k so I mean it works for me. Probs gonna grab the Reivers and be done though. Maybe a captain.

I agreed that they're taller.
They have the same general model size, that's what I was alluding to.

Why are people so fascinated with Primaris Marines? The only good looking ones are the Intercessors but their rules are hot garbage. Points for points, a pure vanilla marine army is just more competitive and more efficient than a Primaris force. The only good Primaris unit is the Lt's as you get two HQ's for the price and slot of one.

>The only good Primaris unit is the Lt's as you get two HQ's for the price and slot of one.

That's terrible considering you want to eat up as many slots as you can to unlock CPs.

I'm quite surprised at GW. Normally when they make a new model that they're trying to sell super hard, they make them... you know.... good, even if the models are garbage, almost to the point of forcing people to use them in their armies if they want to stay competitive. This, on the other hand, is almost the opposite. The models are actually pretty cool, but the rules are hot garbage.

Why is there so much hate for Primaris models beyond Intercessors? Is this a meme? Nothing released so far is that bad, especially in the context of what they're supposed to be.
Inceptors seem to be getting a lot of hate, but they jump down from orbit, the suit looks appropriate with its jump pack hood and shock absorbers.
Reivers have slimmed down armor for stealth, who gives a shit if they have skull masks? It's fucking 40k, skulls are everywhere.
I can admit the Gravis captain looks like shit, but they're coming out with 2 new models that look much better.
The Redemptor has some smallish legs, but they're not that small.
The Repulsor has too many bits on it, but the pintle minigun are seperate bits that don't have to be added to the model.

Is it autism? Is that why they have to treat every flaw like it's the worst thing they've ever seen? Or are SM players just pissed they're armies are now entirely composed of manlets?

My problem with them is not their appearance or the models this is great (except for Reavers the skull helmet is fucking horrible, I don't like it even in chaplains). What I hate is all the "BEHOLD MY SECRETE ARMY OF ULTRA-ULTRASMURFS I AND THAT UKNOWN ARCH-MAGOS, HOW SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT TO THE SWORD SOME TIME AGO SINCE EVERYTHING HE SEEMS TO DO IS ABOSOLUTLY AGAINST HIS ORGANIZATIONS BELIEVES, HAVE MADE IN A BASEMENT FOR 10K YEARS AND NO ONE FUCKING NOTICED. ALSO, DID I SAY THESE ONES ARE BETTER THAN PAPA'S. THE FUCKING EMPEROR" thingy. I mean if they wanted to make new models, make SM true scale, and give a boost to the Imperium to fight chaos through SM (THE ONLY FACTION THAT DOESN'T NEED MORE THINGS IN ALL THE SETTING ((except expand in other chapters unique and characteristic shit maybe))) they could have just upgrade their equipment (Mk X armor, bolt rifles, grave tanks, etc.) rather that making a new breed of soldier.

Well, ya, all those are valid criticisms, but I specifically meant the models.

I am getting a jump on my chaos marines, since they are innevitably getting the same treatment.

Except their skull masks are shit, pic related is how you do skulls.

I think it has more to do with the paint job than the sculpt itself. Bright white just doesn't look good.

The problem is they're replacing actually quite excellent designs (rhino, castaferrum) with ones that aren't particularly good.

Like, the basic riflemen won people over, but the rest of the line is having difficulty matching their quality.

>replacing actually quite excellent designs (rhino, castaferrum)
Maybe it's just because I only started the hobby recently and thus have zero nostalgia over the older models, but I find the Redemptor and the Repulsor to be superior designs personally. The box dread's legs are just too stubby looking for me to believe they'd be functional and the rhino has a size issue, there's no way 11 fully armored marines are fitting in that thing.

I'm probably just gunna buy some hell blasters off eBay to offset my current army

Woah

They look like fucking shit with that scheme

Works kinda well with the XX legion given that alot of them were taller than other marines anyway.

I'm thing of using some for my 30k army. I'd have to make the armour look more like the mkiv though. Not sure how easy that would be, the knee pads could be a nightmare.

I like the models (they're a bit bland but it's early days and I'm used to painting Space Wolves)

My issue is that they make all my other units look tiny; and fluff wise I struggle to get my head around the fact characters like Ragnar Blackmane or Logan Grimnar are physically weak compared to a normal Primaris unit.

Why wouldn't all space marine units go for the upgrade? I can only assume the resources are few and the transformation time is long; otherwise I see no reason for my unit of manlet marines to exist.

It would make more sense if they said oldmarines CAN'T transform into primaris; at least then they'd have a reason to exist.

They'll probably come with their heavy bolt pistols and combat knives with the option to swap the pistols for power swords / other melee weapons. Seems to be a trend in Space Marines and Heretic Astartes lists.

>Why wouldn't all space marine units go for the upgrade? I can only assume the resources are few and the transformation time is long; otherwise I see no reason for my unit of manlet marines to exist.
Lack of resources and it's dangerous. The marine can die from it. Also it takes a while which means the marine can't be out purging.

But I'll bet dollars to donuts that all marines will under go the conversion in a year or two and the old marines will be squatted or retconed.