Favorite Role?

Whether it's Dnd, Pathfinder or some other third thing. What's your favorite role to be for the group?

Personally I like anything that gives me CC and wave clear options.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MQjISprnFt4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I really enjoy a support/face combo. I like to heal and buff in combat, and talk my ass off during role play.

I like to be either the sneaky stealthy operator, or the buff strong melee guy.

I wanted to try something like this in DnD 4e. The Skald class seems fun, but I've heard it's a bit underpowered.

But you get a move that's basically you cursing at an enemy and making them feel bad about themselves.

I'm currently playing a bard in 5e and every time I use vicious mockery I use a new on-the-fly insult at the enemy I'm attacking. Sometimes they're bad. Sometimes they're really bad. I try to have fun with it.

Bard does the same IIRC.

RIP AND TEAR AND TEAR AND RIP AND RIP AND TEAR AND

My fav is nat20

I play 5e, and I'll always go with a bruiser (OoV Paladin, Barbarian, current character is a Conquest paladunce) or Face (Bard or rogue).

I find ranged casters boring.

A Fighter. I'm a simple man that likes cool blades and nice armor.

absurd melee damage.

Only role Ill minmax, because I want my monk to have a massive power level. pic relates

Battlefield Buffer/Debuffer support role. Whether it's enabling other characters to do cool things, or just outmatching opponents through clever play. Previously I would have said a healer/buffer support character.

I am playing a tank for the first time in our new campaign and it has been an enjoyable change, not sure what I'll do next.

Without depending on magic items or other PCs casting shit on me I only reached 80 damage per hit on average (but 14 AoOs and karmic strike)

I often find myself falling into the role of back-up muscle. Never the face of the party, or the star of combat, but still having a lot of combat potency in my own right. Often more, since in the group I'm in, the party face/main combat character tends to be on the inexperienced side. So some stealth or caster characters, and some characters who are just traditional powerful fighters, but hold back a bit more and let the main guy do most of the work.

Jeez, what happened to Mark Hamill?

I usually end up as either "Jaded Cynic Sellsword" or "Oblivious Kook".

One of the last games my "Oblivious Kook" had the best social skills and ended up as the party face... It also didn't help that the party took his word that he was a knight (he was legit, senile) and eventually made him the party leader as well... Oddly enough it was the least murderhobo group I ever encountered.

Roles are for MMO garbage, not RPGs.

Where do you think those role came from?

Dorf

>Chris Holmes of WASP
Let it roar!

I tend to be the sceptic of the group. I'm annoying, but I'm also right a lot.

ive noticed i always had a knack for the support or tank role. I always sucked in terms of damage output no matter what kind of game i played but anything that allows utility seems to be my niche

Starting to enjoy face/damage. It's fun being able to talk shit and back it up, but also to be useful everywhere.

I like to play as the versatile character, even though DMs will tell me that's not a role. Sorcerer/Ranger, Gunslinger/Cleric. That sort of thing. Especially when I have a lot of skills.

>Fighter
>purple dragon knight
>tell people what to do all the time
>take martial adept and took commanding strike, use my action to get in another attack from my 20 dex ranger.
>often encourage the team to take on mission that may be too tough for us and we all way pull though
probably because my DM doesn't want to kill us but still it feels great.

pic not related

I love being the gish. It's fun to be a jack of all trades, and to be at least to some extent self-sufficient. I like being broad enough that there's always a way for me to contribute.

Jesus Christ, I can't believe a human being thought this sentence, typed it out, and committed to clicking "post".

Ranged damage never goes out of style.
youtube.com/watch?v=MQjISprnFt4

I like to play the support/backline mage. Buffing my allies, debuffing my enemies and the ability to hold my own in a fight if it ever comes it.

The face. Nothing quite like talking your way out of everything.

Usually, I'm a tank. My default reaction to any sort of violence is "get in front of people who can't take the hit."

I don't know about favorite role, but I know even when I try to avoid it I fall into trends.

I jury rig repairs. I make solutions to problems. I set traps. Most of all I find ways to bring out the best in chemicals other people forget are flammable, explosive, or otherwise exciting. Kind of like if MacGuyver and the Unibomber had a kid who had a thing for arson, really.

I'm comfortable with it, at least.

Try 5e, play Bard. Tons of support, and you can use Vicious Mockery all day long.

I generally play a combination of comic relief and tank. Had a werewolf character that woke up a drunk by transforming and roaring in his face. Long story short, he had a heart attack and died.

TANK

Play 5e, Barbarian or Paladin is a go-to.
Always liked front-line, hitting and tanking, with options to help out fellow melees and/or draw attention away from the squishy back row.
Also being able to maximise a good hit when it counts, ie dumping smites on a crit or reckless GWM

Single-target CC. I like having an assignment.

WFRPG 2 Dwarf.

Paladin. I'm usually a forever DM, so when I play I like to pick a vanilla-y role that can hold the party together by acting as tank/healer while more justifiably nudging the plot along if the DM is new or not good at putting his foot down when needed.

Healer/support. Bless, Guidance, cure and the like. I like to see my friendos do well.

In a scifi or modern or 40k setting I usually play inventors who make cool things for the other party members that compliment what they do.

I usually put ranks in cooking to be the party chef too. People sometimes neglect the logistics of food when playing rpg's. It's one of those "minor" details that gets swept under the rug a lot, next to hygiene and equipment repair.