Action scene edition

>Still
>No
>Fucking
>Nicols Bolas

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/hour-revelation-2017-06-07
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>yfw Nicol Bolas shows up for one story, right at the very end to BTFO the Gatewatch and then get whatever the fuck he was planning on getting out of this whole mess

>get whatever the fuck he was planning on getting out of this whole mess
Whatever the fuck is he getting out of this anyway? Pic pretty much confirms that Amonkhet is little more than a factory. But hte intro here magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/hour-revelation-2017-06-07 strongly suggests that Amonkhet is super important to Bolas regaining his oldwalker powers.
>He had days. Only days until he wouldn't have the magic left to execute this plan. There was just enough time left to put into place the possible means to regain his godhood.

Again, how is an army of super zombies gonna make him an oldwalker again. At least his plan for Alara actually sounded like it had a shot, but this. I just can't see it and it bugs me.

Why is G/B so based in this story so far?

If he has an army, it would make taking over a plane easier. After the plane's defenses are exhausted, he could then cause some catastrophic event similar to the Conflux that would let him siphon the plane's mana.

Bolas chucking boardwipes left and right in dying Amonkhet might just be for show. He probably can't do that to a healthy plane that contains a robust resistance like the Eldrazi could.

Having this army might not be the best means to achieve godhood, but it's better than nothing in the nerfed post-Mending Multiverse.

>how is an army of super zombies gonna make him an oldwalker again
by bulldozing whatever the fuck is in his way to become an oldwalker again
this has been discussed before in these thread, the eternals are just another tool Bolas has
whatever he needs to do to become a god again will probably involve him being a dick (because villain) to one or more powerful entitites/planes, so is better if Bolas amasses some forces to deal with it

I hope we get to hear what Oketra said to Gideon.

because its clear that they have been hinting that Gideon is a Demi-God, so he has a special kinship with them.

also I have no idea how they are going to stop Scorpion, God of Gains.

>its clear that they have been hinting that Gideon is a Demi-God
That's not a thing. Nothing has ever even implied that.

scorpion daddy is already dead, impaled on an obelisk by hazorets initiates.

yes they did, he looks almost exactly like Heliod, he has the ability to become invincible (which no other mortal has) which causes him to shine like a Nyxborn.

he's very clearly a stand in for Hercules, with Heliod being Zeus.

also Gideon is the only character of the Gatewatch who we have absolutely no idea who his parents are, and neither does he.

>he looks almost exactly like Heliod
They're both Mediterranean men with dark hair. That's the extent of the resemblance.

>he has the ability to become invincible (which no other mortal has)
We've seen other mages wield similar powers, Gideon's just especially good at it. Just like Jace is especially good with mind magic, Nissa is especially good with leyline manipulation, Liliana is especially good with necromancy, and Chandra is especially good with fire.

>which causes him to shine like a Nyxborn
Now you're just making stuff up. Gideon's invulnerability shield is described consistently as a warm, golden glow. Nothing like the starfield effect on the shadowed areas of Nyxborn creatures. It's never been depicted as looking even remotely similar.

its painstakingly clear, from Gideon's childhood story, and all his interactions with Gods, that he has some relation to them.

the easy answer is he is the Hercules standin that Theros suprisingly lacked. it isn't a hard pill to swallow.

no one has ever weilded invincibilty magics, especially magics that are both passive and absolute (beyond I suppose Leyline manipulating or Bolas shit), Gideon's passive invincibility is utterly beyond reproach, Ulamog punching him did absolutely nothing, it would have erased anyone else from existence.

>no one has ever weilded invincibilty magics, especially magics that are both passive and absolute

Not that guy you responded to, but the first Avacyn had such magic, although the lore never shown her using it in a descriptive enough manner, only mechanically.

Various angels shown indestructibility, too.

Darksteel has passive indestructibility. Not sure how Mirrans create Darksteel plates but they can be worked with / manipulated to bypass indestructibility.

There are also some minor spells that provide indestructibility, although they were so minor that they are probably never going to be mentioned descriptively enough (ex. Withstand Death) in any lore tidbit.

>Passive
Gideon is specifically described as having to actively invoke it. What are you on?

It's clear that Gideon is meant to be the member of the Gatewatch with reverence towards gods, as seen in his interactions with Oketra and Hazoret...

...and the latter called him out as being a normal mortal.

And probably not for another two weeks, too.

Maybe I'm the minority, but the last few stories have been some of the best in recent memory. Why would Nicky B. show up during the apocalyptic event and not after? It seems clear that he set up the three gods and demon to steamroll Amonkhet without putting himself in danger. He'll show when all is rubble to collect whatever it is he wants.

It'll be interesting to see how the remnants of the society will develop if only Hazoret and Bontu make it. Rakdos never really made for a thriving civilization.

I didn't know that red could destroy things with indestructible

The basalisk Toya better get a fucking card. Give it protection from insects, sense a lot of lizards have bugs in their diet.

Check out that very fitting flavor text though

Anyone have some good adventure seeds for a n RPG on the following planes?
Ravnica
Phyrexia
Zendikar
just fishing for what you guys would do if you were running a game

>destroy target permanent
>expected to work on Scorpion God
Rhonas had Deathtouch and Oketra couldn't shoot Scorps down for good, unless the thing just ran out of mana to recast I'm not sure who you're trying to convince.
Granted now that I think about it, maybe kill a land to manascrew resummon, but that'd still need Hazoret to die killing it first.
My first and second games were in Ravnica, the first was us as a ragtag group of Gateless that are mediators between guilds. The second has us as Izzet in what's effectively explosive magical high school. As someone that's Origins-new to the game, I don't know shit about Phyrexia as a plane aside from Infect, Elesh Norn, and Karn being involved, and even that is recent stuff. For Zendikar I'd probably just have a regular-ass adventure, except replace any town/tribe names with Zendikaran ones, and have the world map shift around every 1d6 months or something.