Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder + Starfinder)

Unusual Ally Edition:
Have you ever used an unusual creature as a familiar or animal companion? What drew you to that specific creature?

/pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
current playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Current /sfg/ thread: Old Thread:

NO

TOO SOON

Let's begin.

>Separate /pfg/ and /sfg/ link repositories
Starfinder's a little light right now, but this is a pretty good way to keep /pfg/ and /sfg/ as searchable terms in a unified /pgg/ thread.

Page 8 was leakanon's demand and page 8 is where this one was posted, user.

Oh yes, we're in the money now.

So starting off is a couple new packages for starting players off, nothing too fancy just yet, although you CAN get these as a trait.

New armor. How about some HEAVY ARMOR THAT WORKS AGAINST TOUCH ATTACKS

Where are the prices am I missing it somehow?

This looks familiar.

>mfw learning that the target that my shoanti barbarian girl is being sent to Riddleport to search for is a prostitute
>and he's a catfolk
>vigilante
>specializing in using whips
>and potentially might be a crossdresser too

>THAT WORKS AGAINST TOUCH ATTACKS

Aroden is alive with Leakanon he is making rap album of Leakanon

>doesn't apply to energy or magical touch attacks

>the well-provisioned adventurer trait allows a pc to select one of the following equipment packages instead of spending starting gold
>a pc can purchase an equipment package for 1000 gp
It's in the opening section on the left.

WEAPON MODIFICATIONS

More like heavy armor that gets half AC vs bullets and splash weapons. Sort of neat idea, but at only half value it's not enough to stop an alchemist or rogue, and certainly does nothing when the full BAB gunslinger aims at you.

Bunch of random items and little gadgets

New equipment tricks!

Some more random stuff, like an "Emergency Interrogation Kit".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't creatures that get reduced to 0 strength ALREADY begin suffocating?

Burnished and Nimble might come in pretty useful, actually. Dazzle is a weak effect, but the save DC scales pretty decently.
-1 armor AC but +2 max dex might come in useful to dexfags with enough total carrying capacity.

>500 gp modification for Weapon Group Adaptation
GG broken blade nerfs, you tried.

>billowing skirt
Surprisingly more useful than the name lets on.

No, they do not. They are helpless and paralyzed.

Some love for improvised weapons!

Some new Alchemical junk!

CONCOCTIONS

I'm suddenly interested

Singing Steel!

>Heavy armor that works against touch attacks? That's awesome!
>This benefit does not apply to energy attacks or magical touch attacks such as rays.

Into the trash it goes!

POPPETS

What's a good way to optimize the animal companion from a querox animal domain?

Is there any way to get it back to full Druid progression??

And the inside covers again!

>Varisian dancing scarf
I am excite
>+2 armor bonus
>not shield bonus
>no provision that it stacks with other armor
I am disappoint

And this page finishes off the book. I'm going to take a little break, then I'll post the hotly anticipated Aquatic Adventures!

>Versatile Design
>add any weapon to the "Close" weapon group
>Brawlers now have access to a much wider range of weapons. If it's a martial weapon they can even feat into having exotic proficiency in order to use it, and if they specialize in it, they can just feat into it using martial flexibility anyhow.

Thanks Leakanon, you're aces!

Holy fuck I want twenty
>craft poppet helps with craft construct prerequisites

Craft Construct just became a viable option.

So wearing high heels gives you no penalties, but gives you an improvised weapon for 10 gp?

Wow. Why isn't everyone wearing them?

I WANT A POPPET

I'm right there with you, user. I would have much preferred it being something you added to a suit of armor like an armored kilt than armor you can enchant.

But it's basically the same as before? You give up taking two really useful craft feats as prereqs to get one really mediocre one instead.

Katapeshi Elves seem like strong options for magic sensing.
>Constant Detect Magic
>Find out properties in 1 round

Is spending all my gold to make an enormous swarm of poppets even remotely viable?

So does sunsilver not take the -1 damage? Singing Steel enumerates that it does, but Sunsilver doesn't and is literally on the next page.

When has figuring out properties in 1 round instead of 1 minute ever been important, though?

Who says we weren't already?

LoBaF happened yesterday right? Is there greentext?

#
>I've already won
Congratulations, you get the award for being the biggest autist and having a shitty mod come to your rescue. Enjoy the fruits of your labour, a tag on the second most cancerous thread on an anonymous message board.

Wow they really went all-out on the niggers in this one, didn't they?

What does changing category mean in this?

Whose the most cancerous?

You now don't need three feats and to wait for high levels. You can instead just take two feats, and then start on crafting low-level constructs that can serve you from the early game rather than spending a fuckload of gold and other resources trying to just make a single golem.

Why do kimonos cost as much as royal outfits?

Both. Just ignore them and maybe they'll go away.

Any good ways to low-key kill a party? Anything level 5 to 10 works. The upcoming adventure will have lots of heights so I am thinking maybe a wyvern ambush along the cliffs to snatch up a party member and drop her for 20d6 damage, or else bringing back the darktentacles from 3.5 to drag one underwater and drown him. Also a pit trap that drops a character into a horde of zombies. BasciallyI want to kill them off one by one. I'm also considering a wizard using an illusion of a trapped girl on a rope bridge, then he blasts the bridge with fireball so that the character falls to his death when he goes to rescue her.

Any other ideas? I'm also considering putting in a deck of many things.

Because they're made from superior Nippon silk folded 1000 times for maximum comfort.

DHB has been talking about some weird subsystem he's making. Someone give me the rundown on it, does it look decent?

Because they are. just roll with it.

Why don't you just say you don't want to run the campaign anymore like a man.

Because they ARE royal outfits in certain areas of the world. Not everyone got to run around in silk kimono, and these are explicitly silk, likely dyed or expensively embroidered as well.

PROMETHEANFAG GET IN HERE

>deck of many things
You shouldn't have made your bait this obvious.

>High Heels
>Courtesan's Outfit
>Corset

we fashion souls now

Why is Singing Steel making me think of the Lothric/Lorian fight and the sound of bells whenever Lothric casts a spell?

That special material sounds beautiful.

So my players are acting like a pack of retards again. This time just taking NPCs at face value no matter what they do. Here is the situation:

>the players are working for a gang
>have been participating in a gang war
>been fucking up another gang
>various things have happened but they decide to betray their current gang for the one they've been fighting
>they make contact with the gang
>get a letter back saying "If you wish to speak, come here, just you lot."
>they arrive (it's an abandoned warehouse district in the docks)
>arrive at the correct warehouse
>a guy outside asks them to give him their weapons before they meet the gang leader
>the players just hang over their weapons (with no back up) and agree to have the wizard put on anti-casting gloves (gloves with rigid fingers)
>arrive in
>door shut behind them
>gangleader is there with his men
>tells the men to kick the PC's teeth in
>players freak out, ask why
>for reference the PCs had killed the gang leader's brother already and dumped the body to prevent resurrection, they knew they had and the gang leader knew it was them
>gang leader says "I'm getting revenge for my brother, I'm surprised you agreed to unarm. I was expecting you all to put up a fight and try and run." (he had men in other warehouses near by to try and ambush the PCs if they refused to disarm)
>PCs say they were just doing it on orders
>gang leader goes "Traitors and cowards to boot, won't even own up to what you've done."
>the PCs get their teeth kicked in
>gang leader plans on stringing them up publicly as an example
>end session on them being put into holding cells
>players enormously pissed off

Shit man, I don't fucking know what they expected.

Wait, so a Varisian Dancing Scarf provides a +2 AC on top of existing AC as long as you move 10 feet? Or does it only provide a bonus at all when it's enchanted?

It's an armor bonus. It does not stack with any other armor bonuses.

>I'm just gonna say elves have normal sex drives in this setting
>and their low birth rate comes from being like 95% homosexual
[ ] abort
[ ] not abort
[ ] change character concept to elf

>having elves reproduce like humans at all
Dumb.

change character concept to elf

/y/ meta is now

Exactly, everybody knows elves hatch from eggs and take 50 years to do so.

Elves are birthed from the great Heart Tree and emerge fully formed covered in sap.

It's pretty much ideal for casters, who should be moving in addition to casting spells.

Your new concept is a government-assigned breeder who stealthily dresses and behaves like a man
You're welcome

I thought they grew from seeds?

Still here. Working on my sheet and then yeah, I'll probably wait for picks. Flagbearer looks cool.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO, YOU BET YOUR ASS I'M MAKING SOME OF THESE CUTE LITTLE FUCKS.
I hope they don't completely forget about these and keep adding ways to customize them, because hot damn.

What a cutie

How bad of a character concept is a middle aged sorcerer on a shit pension after being a government sponsored war mage & breeder for several decades before growing out of both professions. The government has a program to try and breed sorcerers of the right bloodlines.

My old GM's setting had something like this with gnomes, where they were born from eggs laid by a giant monstrous "Gnome Queen." I miss those days.

As points out, it won't stack with any existing worn armor and as points out, it definitely should have been a shield bonus. As is, you're paying 15x the cost for a set of leather that only protects you if you move that round and doesn't have a max dex or ASF, so as points out it's only for casters who can't afford djezet skin.

>THAT GM detected
Off yourself, you have no place running games.

I'd like her to show me how to grab life by the horns.

Because my reasons are gay and they'll whine and n passive aggressive about it.

What's wrong with a deck of many things?

What is flagbearer

That's githyanki, user.

I am okay with lesbian elves everywhere!

How much did you remind them of what they'd done to this gang, and how likely this outcome would be?

Because it might have been better to have someone, even OOC, just say "Doesn't this seem like a bad idea to you?"

If you did and they still did this, then they have nobody to blame but themselves.

It means Ensoulment just became team capture the flag.

Also, likelyhood of poledancing maybe?

>What's wrong with a deck of many things?
It's a meme tier magical item that no one who is invested in a campaign will actually use.
>Because my reasons are gay and they'll whine and n passive aggressive about it.
Then quit the group if they're not mature enough

What is your reason?

Prometheanfag, Prometheanfag! Tell us a story, Promemetheanfag!

>How much did you remind them of what they'd done to this gang, and how likely this outcome would be?
I didn't. They knew, the brother was the last big encounter they had with a lot of preparation for the raid and a big fight that tore a city block apart because the brother was a mage who cut loose.

>Because it might have been better to have someone, even OOC, just say "Doesn't this seem like a bad idea to you?"
I really try not to do this because if you just give players a meta-GM danger sense then there really isn't consequences they can cause. They need to think through and make decisions themselves. Hopefully what happened this time will serve as a lesson to be cautious in future cases. That sort of "doesn't this seem like a bad idea to you?" questioning by the GM turns games into "mother may I?" in my experience.

Fest that buffs the party so long as you have the flag, but debuffs the party if the enemy takes the flag.

So yeah team ctf minigame.

>It's a meme tier magical item that no one who is invested in a campaign will actually use.
My campaign's entire concept is actually founded around the Deck of Many Things and people desperate enough to choose a pull from the deck for a large pay out (they get payed if they don't die from drawing a card).

So you'd rather that the party becomes paranoiacs that distrust everything that people say? There are examples of gangs even in real life that are actually willing to talk things out.

Feat*

Somehow I doubt most gang leaders would "talk things out" with the folks that killed their brother and then desecrated the body unless they were in a really tight spot.