Are paladins the elf of classes?

Are paladins the elf of classes?
They have magic, full plate, strength, con, wisdom and charisma and can wield pretty much every weapon, even more than a lot other classes because muh alignment, what the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20110927064708/http://www.vaxxine.com/hyoomik/aquinas/regicide.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're not orc-cock-hungry sluts though.

This is kind of why 4e split them up, I think. Paladin and Cleric have a bit of thematic overlap, and they also are very broad. Taking those themes and fully subdividing them into the four primary Divine classes of 4e- Cleric, Paladin, Avenger and Invoker- annoyed some people, but it was probably the only way to make them make sense in the structure of the system, as well as giving each class a distinct identity rather than leaving them very broad and open to interpretation.

They can't get laid and must burn their dicks masturbatibg wgen succs tempt them, this happens daily

>tfw you just want to purge heresy and a winged strumpet roll her fat sacks all over your face

>Paladins not being massive chads

They got the charisma of a bard, the strength of a fighter, and the ability to go all night long of a barbarian.

>They can't get laid
False. You're confusing a D&D paladin with a real-world Catholic priest.

Even AD&D said paladins could have sex.

And they will try to marry you afterwards

Wouldn't "Chad" imply
>Drunkeness
>Depravity and Hedonism
>Mocking those less fortunate

None of this is a paladin thing. Paladins are tradcons and I think has something of the right idea.

I'd even say premarital sex would be stretching it for a paladin.

In what system do Paladins need Wisdom AND charisma to function.

Also in D&D(and don't pretend your not talking about D&D) being dependent on multiple attributes is a bad thing.

Most D&D gods don't really care about where you stick your dick as long as it's not beastialtiy, rape, or pedophilia.

>I'd even say premarital sex would be stretching it for a paladin.
Maybe in your house setting.
In literally all of the existing D&D settings this is untrue and in some cases you're so far from correct that you probably don't even know what it looks like.
In fact, I can't think of a single D&D setting where Roman Catholicism is the basis for ANY religion beyond having big temples and collecting tithes.

>Paladins are tradcons

Paladins are all about helping those less fortunate. So, no.

>In what system do Paladins need Wisdom AND charisma to function.
3.5, of course, it's what everyone defaults to.

>tfw the paladin is lewd as fuck and only suppresses her insatiable libido through her inhuman willpower and goes full pelviscrusher mode after marriage

Ironically in most D&D settings tradcon values barely even exist at all and thus they aren't any more fortunate then anyone else.
This is partially because they don't really with that well with a setting roughly based on the late 14th and 15th centuries like most D&D settings are; the priorities and values are just too different in those worlds, and the addition of magical and monsterous elements puts the admitted luxury of arguing over fine-print political quibbles even LESS likely then it already would be.

>GOOD L*RD!
>THAT MAN GOT STUCK IN A CAVE WITH 20 BUGBEARS, WE MUST SAVE HIM!
>*charges into the cave himself*

>YOU CANT STEAL THAT NOBLE'S GOLD!
>i know the party wants to use it to save the town from said noble's tyranny but stealing is wrong.

>YOU CAN'T BE A MERCENARY!
>killing for gold is wrong,NO MATTER WHAT!

Stop getting triggered by D&D, you're making all of us look even worse by comparison.

Paladins had the strictest ability score requirements in AD&D, along with the monk oddly enough. That's why they were kind of an elite class.

To put things in context, Clerics required 9 WIS, Magic-Users 9 INT and 6 DEX, Fighters 9 STR and 7 CON, Druids 12 WIS and 15 CHA, Assassins 12 DEX, 12 STR and 11 INT. Paladins required a full 9 INT, 9 CON, 12 STR, 13 WIS and 17 CHA.

They also had the strictest set of rules to follow. Not just "be lawful good" but "never commit a chaotic act, NEVER NEVER commit an evil act".

>Stealing is wrong
>Levying obscene taxes through abuse of power without granting the peasantry the protection they're paying for isn't theft

but user it's his divine right to levy those taxes.
and stop people from opposing his right to rule.

web.archive.org/web/20110927064708/http://www.vaxxine.com/hyoomik/aquinas/regicide.html

>Implying all paladins start with huge scores in the all the scores they need

What is this, free form RPing.

Japan got you don't worry

Best girl.

*stats

I mean I understand this is a shitpost thread but there's a reason paladins were seen as one of the worst tiers of class in 3.x

That's chaotic good for ya

I just realized she have a shield so she 1h that fukken huge sword

>Chaotic Good
>Not stealing a noble's gold

Tell me about the Conquest Paladins, senpai.

Tell me about their allignments.

You haven't read much hentai manga, have you.

Elves are the elf of classes.

Where is her armor?!
SHES SO UNSAFE. WHAT IF SHE IS ATTACKED?

Why are paladins paladins?
They go to some VIP heaven or something?

Because the world is in desperate need of them obv

Worlds saved/fixed/evil removed by paladins: 0

Every little bit counts, and they are a leading example for others to follow
If everyone was a paladin there would be no evil people to begin with

Invoker was unnecessary bullshit mary sue: the class, though.

Ignore Lich posters.

You've never heard of a world being saved by a paladin? Perhaps never fixed or removed of all evil, but Paladins have definitely saved worlds from the brink of destruction at the hands of evil.

How? It was just the other half of the Clerics purview, splitting up the old support and healing spells from the divine wrath and old testament stuff spells. Just like Avengers were the holy warrior side of Paladin while the Defender stuck to the protector side.

None of these were exclusive, of course. Through multiclassing and subroles you could get a little bit of each, but they took each of those core concepts and built around it, rather than having a single class span multiple of them as central themes.

The whole thing about 'having a spark of your diety' and 'being a true servant' and using staffs instead of holy symbols because they were a 'more ancient sort of power'?

Never really bothered me? It's just fluff and implement choices. If you don't like the fluff reflavour it, 4e is one of the most refluff friendly systems in existence.

proficiency with all weapons and armor is shared with the fighter

unlike elves, paladins dont get boosts to their favored stat, so having 3 important stats makes them spread out their points more thinly

they do excel at burst damage and turning undead, compared to standard fighter being able to deliver more consistent damage

so-called 'refluffing' is the cancer killing RPGs. play it like it's supposed to be played or don't play it at all.

Hahahahahaha, go fuck yourself. Refluffing has been a thing literally forever, if you don't like it you're in the wrong damn hobby.

>"Hey GM, I want my ranger to be from the desert, can I fluff my dagger as a Kukri?"

>"Lol no fucker, take exotic weapon proficiency and get a real one"

Mmm, yes, perfect.

How dare people play make believe in ways we don't condone. We will strike them down one day, brother. And then the truest believer will ascend to the throne.

I imagine them as Warlock parallels, where they're only as strong as their roleplaying allows them to be. If they act in such a way as to displease their deity, it impacts their ability to function at a high level (probably not losing proficiencies, but spells or class abilities).

Unfortunately it only works if the DM has a reign on things, and its hard to design scenarios in such a way that one specific character is disadvantaged without coming of as an asshole DM.

A shame streamlining tries to bring everything down to the same level, when they don't really have to be.

One day you will all see. Refluffing, much like erotica and emotional decision making, will run this hobby into the ground with normies, women, and the dregs of society that cluster around sports and dating. No refluffing, nothing even slightly lewd, and think through everything from in-character logic. My group has embraced this and we have never been more successful in our gaming lives.

Eh, arguable. In a team based game you want everyone to be able to contribute to roughly the same degree. Not in the same ways, that's boring, but working together as a group loses a lot of meaning if one person does all the work while another is completely useless. Co-operative games and stories require a decent degree of balance to really function.

All of those examples are Lawful Stupid, not lawful good.

A lawful good character would return the wealth of a corrupt lord to the people he tormented.

A lawful good character would do as they see fit with a group of highwaymen. Their ill-gotten gains are forfeit to you, and you should likely try to return them to those stolen from.

>"Hey, there's no description of what a fireball spell looks like while it's traveling to it's target, can I say it looks like a tiny phoenix?"

>"The spell doesn't say it looks like a tiny phoenix so no".

Not being able to add a little touch to my avian inspired sorcerer is truly going to save RPGs.

>uses description of Vira
>Katalina image

user, pls

gb2pol

Katalina has the better character design though.

>will run this hobby into the ground with normies, women, and the dregs of society that cluster around sports and dating.
And that's supposedly a bad thing?

Yes, because he'll have dissent in his safe space. Some of his group may even realize it's not worth it.

>/pol/ is triggered because their safe spaces are being violated by women and minorities, and vice versa

it's like fucking pottery

Can you multiclass as paladin?

>pala
>throw succs at him
>lock
>throw palas at him

You don't get wonderful stats in all four fields just by being a paladin. You kinda need a lot of good stats to pull it off though, which is where you usually fall down.

Yes. In fact, in AD&D unless you got the best rolls ever, that's how you'd have to do it. Start as another class until you got your scores to when you could become one.

For a multiclassing paladin, other classes might be what they used to do, or be some other skillset they've acquired even after becoming a paladin, but they're still a paladin. Granted, I'd probably think of them less as a multiclassesed character than a "paladin who can also do X" because Paladin transcends class as simple skillset and is more of the character's identity and place in the story.

Can't wear your armor all the time.

If japanese cartoons have taught me anything, it's that all female adventurers are orc-cock-hungry sluts, elves just have a racial bonus to Ride: Orcs and start out with the feat Track: Orcs for free.

>not forcing the lord to fulfill his obligations towards his peasantry
>not taking up the task of protecting them in the interim

This isn't rocket science, knave.

I can't wait for the chapter where some goblin assassins try to take him down while he's showering, only to discover he showers in his armor.

Seriously, the only way to catch him off-guard is to hide yourself in a toilet bowl and wait for him to take a shit, then hope you can stab deep enough into his anus to hit vital organs.

He probably throws poison or some shit into every toilet right before doing his business, just in case.

>What is the 3.5 Favored Soul

Pick a Cleric you uppity heathen.

Well you can't wear my armor at all, it wouldn't fit right.

>People still play that garbage
Wow

Fun fact: In medieval times, a siege was actually broken at least once, by the attackers crawling up the shaft that lead to the latrines and breaking in that way. At least one knight was also killed while taking a dump, when a spear thrust from below penetrated his anus.

Chads are actually nice, people, unlike bitter fuckbois on Veeky Forums, because they have nothing to be insecure about or are enough well-adjusted to not show it.

>Domestic Paladin
Sounds like a pet.

>ONE DAY YOU'LL ALL SEE
aaand that's where I stopped taking you seriously. Use wording that doesn't sound retarded please. Also being "successful" in your "gaming" "lives".

Are Monks the Warforgeds of Classes? They can't do shit.