40k 8th Edition T3 Humanity Thread

40k 8th Edition T3 Humanity Thread

Guard, Inquisition, Sisters, Ministorum, Ad Mech, Scions are all welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do you know by chance how are Skitarii rangers and vanguard? Heard there were some nerfs but I don't know any stats.

mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
Rules are there. I don't know how they are.

>all gonna get Squatted to make room for more huegmehrines

After all the Manlet Marines get upgraded to Chad Marines, the old power armor will be given to Guardsmen and they will become Guard Marines. Skitarii and other Admech units will get new crafted bodies to be bigger and strong to become Robot Marines. Sisters will get testosterone to become Tranny Marines.

now that lasguns can pop baneblades the humble t3 str 3 guardsman got a whole lot stronger

I am going to run some napoleon-themed guard. Infantry in double or triple-depth lines with a character on one end, lots of rough riders for cavalry, big artillery at the back for killing hard targets.

How viable is this likely to be?

Stop giving Ward ideas, you bastard!

Never! Marine hammer will happen thanks to Lord Ward!

Rough Riders are good, infantry is good, artillery is good. Everything seems to check out.

Would it be effective to run an Admech army with Space Marine allies for some flyer and deep strike support? I haven't played before but I'm interested in starting admech and it's the one thing they seem to lack. I think the Iron Hands and some metalica admech would look pretty good together.

Gun-line IG is unfortunately still one of the most expensive armies in 40K.

Plus unless you want to spend stupid amounts of money you tend to be locked into Cadians sculpts which are the most boring IG faction (although Catachans are also pretty shit).

Mordians or Praetorians are probably the closest in looks to Napoleonic but you would be spending silly amounts of money on building either.

I play Inquisition Guard and Ministorum and with all my conversions and tons of bodies, I've dropped so much money. It's ridiculous.

Skit troops are 6"move, 3+bs, 3T, 4+ save. 6-7 Ld. Our boys no long have feel no pain and the guns are 4 or 3 STR, 0 ap and 1dam.

Perry/other historical minis would be fine. Buy piles of Las guns on ebay, and since historicals are so cheap you'll end up the same or better price than cadians.

At least Ministorum stronk right now until crusaders and arco-flagelants get nerfed with a update.

Skitarii player here. The loss of the special rules that gave us more speed than average hurts us. We're on average with the other foot sloggers now, and we have no transports. So lack of mobility is bad for us. Vanguard don't shit out quite as many wounds as they used to, but they still do their job pretty well. We lost feel no pain, but the removal of the instant death rule really helps us actually so it evens out. Overall I feel like we are in a decent place, but we are even more heavily dependent on gun lines than before since we are less mobile. I see rangers picking up popularity since their range will make them more useful compared to the vanguard who will have difficulty getting into range.

Most historicals aren't anywhere close to 28mm. There are off-brand sculpts of course but if you want 100% GW approved non-Cadian IG it's insanely pricey.

I used guard as my allies personally and then fluffed them as tech thralls, but you could do iron hands. I think it would work pretty well. It depends on exactly how you wanted to do it. Why do you want to add in allies? What do you see them doing for you?

They definitely won't be nerfed. No one uses them, just like no one uses Inquisitors and Acolytes. People like to think shit gets nerfed, but it won't until next edition.

Perry make good sculpts. Sort of DKOK in proportion.

But yeah, GW only puts a damper on that.

I do in fact use them. I fucking love them so much. Crusaders in a rhino is wonderful these days.

I've used them one game and they are amazing. I was really happy with Bullgryn too. I used some tzeentch acolyte models for Crusaders this game, but I chopped them up to look a little different after this game.

I kitbashed my crusaders out of Grey Knights, Scions, and Sigmarines, with a bit of green stuff. I really like em.

As said, the admechs problem is mobility, my thinking is space marine allies would give them some good deep striking (terminators) air support (stormavens) or outflanking(landspeeders) options. As I said, I've never played before, but as far as I can tell it would be the best way to bolster an Admech army. Besides throwing in an imperial knight.

with this any 'other' wording- the squad doesnt have a sargeant, can i simply take 4 sniper rifles with my 4 vets? or does it simply mean any that hasnt taken a heavy weapon?

Don't forget that Arquebuses are crazy good now. Being able to pick of characters is crucial.

That sounds awesome. I'd love to see them. This is how mine turned out. I also use Sisters of Thorn as Rough Riders and Witch Elves as Death Cult Assassins. Going for a whole religious feral world thing with them.

Have you considered Ironstriders? I use a large number, and they are still really fast, and a lot more durable than they used to be. A decent sized group of those is a pretty serious threat that can draw attention of of the rest of you army and do some serious work. That and they are still pretty cheap points wise.

Are GSC allowed here? We're about as human as Admech.

Any other krieg players hype for this edition. Only thing I was disappointed by was the bizarre removal of the hades drill from the krieg specific list and the inability of engineers to ride it into combat.

What are the autogun sculpts like in your kits? How many in the box? How hard to convert to standard IG if I want something other than Cadian lasguns?

Haven't seen the Krieg stuff yet. I've been seriously considering building a Krieg army for years, it's just i haven't been able to save up for it yet. How much did it set you back all told?

Don't have a picture of the finished product on me right now, but this is what i had made.

yes

command squads are just special weapon squads with better BS and no spare bodies to catch bullets

The sculpts are stellar, but a lot of the hands have very slight claws. A bit of filing and the right paint job could turn the carapace into a carapace plate.

Big problem is the shoulder. Cadians sculpts are fucking giant.

That's cute/10. Good job.

Are command squad snipers ever worth taking over ratlings?

They can receive orders, don't know if that's worth it but its something.

Yeah, I definantly want to use some of those. Which would you recommend? The Ballistarii have a couple nice guns and the Dragoons sound cool, but I know haywire is sadly no longer a thing.

I'm told it reminds people of digger knight.

>can't unsee the gimpsuit

fuck that's a big sword.

post rough/death riders

>pic related, Lord Inquisitor Phisticus

Chaos Chosen models when?

Where is that model from? I have to know.

It's a Dark Elf Cold One rider with a Skitarii helm, Scion arm + powerfist.

>no rough riders with special weapons and missile launchers

I'm hoping Attilan regiment rules are like

>vets can take horses
>command squads can take horses
>HEAVY WEAPONS TEAMS
>ON HORSES

Dragoons are really good. Ballistarii are nice, they play into gun line pretty good, but what you want the Ironstriders for is for fast moving units that can disrupt the enemy and Dragoons are great at that. They hit like a truck at s8 3 attacks with exploding 6s.

Yeah...I've considered swapping it out for smaller swords rather than keeping the fuck huge ones. What do you think?

>no cowboy regiment
>no double plasma pistols on a horse

You can do that with Death Riders.

Is named HQ spam a meme or a winning strategy?

maybe something like this?

Any Guard players In the thread?

Maybe, but they are supposed to have power swords is the thing. So if i replaced it it would probably be with smaller swords.

Here I am. Though I'm finally getting my Inquisition and Ministorum units ready so I'll be more of a Guard + those player.

A friend gifted me a squad of Grenadiers and engineers when they were first released in 07, picked up a couple kits in between now and then which I probably spent about 100 on. I've been buying from China cast for a while. Have about 400 dollars worth of krieg shit for a quarter of that.

You must realize that all Vanguard now can do pseudo-fleet maneuver that let them shoot after run due to the new Assault rules, so their threat range are 30" instead of 24" like usual. And their calivers lost their Gets hot! rules, but loosing a burst is kinda bitch.

Personally, i think they are one of the most mobile infantry in the game.

China cast any good?

I play scions. Is that close enough?

You must realize that all Vanguard now can do pseudo-fleet maneuver that let them shoot after run due to the new Assault rules, so their threat range are 30" instead of 24" like usual. And their calivers lost their Gets hot! rules, but loosing a burst is kinda bitch ( they got cheaper tho, like 14 pts per piece, and with overcharge they can be real pain in the ass for light vehicles).

Personally, i think they are one of the most mobile and versatile infantry in the game. But yeah, they'll need those metalbox pretty hard.

Their guns only have a 18 inch range. even with the additional 6 that only brings them up to 24

Chaos Chosen models when??

When is the book coming out for that art work?

I posted this list in the general but all I got was some goon who thinks platoon commanders are better than Company Commanders. Rate? Its for casual play.

Not a fan of vox casters personallyl. Otherwise looks fun.

>Guard Marines.

I believe those are called guard crewmen.

So I'm mixing and matching parts from three different space marine tanks to make three different Sororitas tanks...

Has anyone ever put a chimera hull on rhino treads? Is it as easy as I think it'll be? I want to make a nice tall repressor.

out of curiosity would you mind telling me how you are making it all? What bits you are using for what I mean. As a fellow sisters player who does a lot of converting I'm interested.

Ward quit fellas.
Cited "creative differences"

Thought he was back. Or is he gone again?

I'm debating whether to take Crusaders or Bullgryns, so far the Bullgryns are winning because I can take them in my valks and I dont think Crusaders can ride in them.

They can't i'm afraid.

Fucker. I kinda needed them to tag along with my Inquisitor and his team of needle pistol power maulers. At least I can carry a priest.

I haven't done any of the requisite dry-fitting, except for the rhino which I'm pretty satisfied with. So take this with a grain of salt:

Rhino -
Rhino hull (vindicator kit)
Vindicator armour plates
Vindicator top plate (I cut the rhino doors to fit the top vent, not really neccesary, but fill it with something)
Vindicator front-plate with Rhino front-plate flipped, cut to a T shape and fitted into the hole where the cannon goes (end result is nice, but took a lot of time, regular rhino plate works with a few minor adjustments.

Exorcist -
Rhino hull (baal predator kit)
Rhino armour (optional, forgeworld in this case.)
Stalker top plate
Missile launchers of choice mounted to the stalker turrets (if it doesn't work out, I'll just use the razorback or hunter top-plates and mount a whirlwind or space marine anti-air missile whatsit turret inside the hole)

Immolator -
Rhino hull (vindi kit)
Vindicator armour plates
Hunter top plate (adjusted to fit as close to the front of the vehicle as possible, if possible)
Baal predator turret (mounted inside stalker hole, or razorback hole fitted inside stalker hole)
(alternatively, I've considered using the stalker top-plate and mounting the flamers, bolters, or meltas on the little turrets, but that extra range flamer deserves a turret, I think.)

Repressor -
Chimera hull (Or Rhino, maybe parts of one on top of another.)
Rhino tracks (Stalker/Hunter)
Stalker/Hunter armour plates
Dozer blade (vindicator)
Spare chimera track pieces over the lasgun array ports to make them look like proper firing points. Or something to that effect.
Figure I can mount a flamer to the hull and line it up with the dozer blade's gap.

That's the very rough outline of how I think it'll go down. The vindicator to rhino makes a satisfyingly chunky looking transport and is basically stand-alone, the Immo, Exo, and Repressor would all take parts from each other, hypothetically, so I'd need to build them as a set.

Food for thought.

Plausible army?

Pair of Inquisitor characters
Like, 3 squads of Acolytes, packed out the gills
with 4 combi weapons of some type each. all riding in blackstars.
10x Crusaders
The rest being IG rabble or Sisters for bulk.

Is there any particular reason you don't just want to buy the immolator or sisters rhino kits from the site? I mean I get the repressor since fuck forge world, but what's wrong with gw's kits?

Krieg will never fail again. Krieg will never be failed again.

Rules look pretty good. Orders are nasty and varied, Cult of Sacrifice is a good army-wide for your blobs. Engineers look much like they always did, though yeah, bummed about the Hades drill. Weird, seeing as it was originally a Krieg specific thing.

You wouldn't happen to have the pages would you? Or at least be able to tell me where i could find it? I was under the impression that the forge world stuff hadn't been leaked yet.

I want them to look chunky: up armored with a more military aesthetic. I'd rather they look like proper fighting vehicles with scroll work and religious devotions written on them after the fact than literal churches on treads.

I actually really like forgeworld's take on their look, but they've discontinued everything SoB but the rhino doors.

Could work. I'm doing an Inquisitor in terminator armor deepstriking with scions and another riding in a taurox prime with storm bolter acolytes backed up by Bullgryn, DCA and Crusaders in transports. Rest is Guard tanks and Conscripts and infantry squads.

I am.

I've only seen a few pages and talked to some anons who got their copies early. Mine's still in the post.

could you maybe tell me a little then out of your memory then? I won't have money for mine for some time. Are the orders different from normal guard? And what is the Cult of Sacrifice rule?

Would this list benefit more from having Basilisks or Wyverns? I'm leaning toward the Wyverns for more antihorde and I get 30 points to spend on stuff.

Cannot for the life of me find rules for the loyalist version of the knight Atrapos. It's the only big stompmachine I like to run with my skitarii.

Can anyone point me to book/page?

FW astra militarum index.

CoS is no morale from shooting.

They still better at melee than the average guardsman?

You're wonderful. Thank you.

Love the rules so far, especially how i can mix them with other pattern of tanks (plain cadian, styges) but eeh, the mars alpha patterns seems pretty cool against hordes

i have only two major grudges
>no more hades drill engineers, which is too bad because engineers are cool as ever
>to outflank you need a rough rider command squad, nothing bad because of the orders... but damn that means that i will have to buy 10 death riders instead of 5, even if i must admit that ten of those guys are terrifying.

im looking forward to sell a few things and buy a macharius vanquisher from a friend of mine, so my krieger blob can use it as mobile shield.

the storm chimera looks sick, again having +1 save against 4-s attacks

yes, they hit on a 3+

also the cqc oriented orders are cool

>if one guy dies in combat, he immediately makes an attack
>all the lasguns and hellguns become pistol 2 so you can shot them in the face point blank

>the storm chimera looks sick, again having +1 save against 4-s attacks
And that is what my engineers will be riding in

Don't forget command squads with sniper rifles to act as sharpshooters on either end of the ranks

How are Death Korps of Krieg in 8th? Are they playable or are their rules borked since FW handle their index?

No special effects on a 6+ to hit or wound? I was hoping at for AP-1 at least on a critical hit.

Starship troopers tier armor for special ops when?

I dont play, but i'm painting skitarii in a custom bluegrey/red scheme
I also like the Scion models and think combining the 2 together would look nice.
If i was to ever actually play the game (8th has made it more tempting) is this a valid army?