This is a standard orc ration

This is a standard orc ration

This is a standard elf ration

This is a standard human ration

keep posting, very interesting desu

what is that map?

This is a standard lizardfolk ration

This is a standard gnome ration

Gosh. I never knew the main humanoid races had to eat coins everyday!

waterdeep is forgotten realms right?

Yes, we saw this thread the last few times it was made.

This is a standard half-orc ration

This is a standard halfling ration

I had no idea so many races ate dog turds.

yummy frog legs

I believe those are sausages, since they're pretty cheap and last a long time

by far the tastiest

This is a standard drow ration

That's far too much meat to be an orc ration. And the bread isn't nearly maggoty enough.

That's racist

>has a golden opportunity to make a LotR joke
>goes for the lamest reply
>doesn't even misspell it correctly

>inb4 the standard Dwarven ration is a single, purple mushroom and a full cat

>not 2cat

>carrying a chalice of wine around everywhere

fucking Drow.

Stuffed habaneros? Holy fuck, I'm sweating looking at them.

There's no way a halfling is eating all of that in one sitting.

Bones are not tasty

>this is a copypasta thread

That's not a standard halfling ration. That's a standard halfling snack.

good to chew on I guess

You underestimate how much of a fat fuck a Halfling can be.

There's no way a halfling isn't eating that within the first 30 minutes of the trip. They're fucking hobbits with the serials filed off.

^This,
Your average halfling will eat its own body-weight twice over in a single day. All those other races rations? Stolen and eaten by the hairy-toed pikey.

You give it 30 minutes? So the party has set off immediately after second lunch then.

You are seriously mistaken

>No post dinner nosh and miss night snack.
Do you even Hobbit?

Bone marrow is tasty

Maybe its an anorexic hobbit. Some of those must exist, right?

Hey now, this is an adventure they're going on. It's lean times for everyone man. We all have to tighten our belts a little.

This is a standard dwarf ration.

It's so when we get mugged on the way to town, we still have the coin for a night at the tavern.

This is a standard Gnoll ration.

This is a standard minotaur ration.

Isn't that like cannibalism. Eating beef and all that?

>aroused female Minotaur pussy on a bun

Fucking kek!

The thumbnail led me to believe it would just be a bunch of things with spiders crammed in. Even though I knew it wasn't, I was disappointed.

>fucked male minotaur asshole on a bun

Everyone knows Greek myths are gay.

I had that same thought the first time this thread was made.

Not the Minotaur, tho.

...at least...I don't think so? Or did it rape/eat every sacrifice regardless of gender?

This is a Lich ration

This is a standard ration for a cultist/demon of slaanesh

Do you want mad cow? Because that's how you get mad cow!

I mean, if you were trapped alone in a labyrinth for all your life, how picky would you be?

Well, I mean, there'd be dry cum on, like, everything...

Though I suppose, if it had long hair and a soft, nubile body...

cooking doesn't deform the prions that results in mad cow.

I don't think that's what he meant.

No this is a standard halfling ration

Why would they carry around a chalice instead of a flask?

I thought the point of rations was to be portable.

They're drow. They don't care about actual efficiency, they care about ostentatious displays of power.

And also spiders.

Maybe they carry it in a flask but only drink from the chalice?

Drink it from the bottle like a goddamn field hand?

Drow eat amethyst? Christ.

I think thats the currency used to buy it, like in the other photos

>having to lug sacks of amethyst around to pay for things
>Having to break up pieces of gems to pay for small things
Not a good currency.

That's what slaves are for.

WE 'AVENT 'AD A RATION LIKE THAT IN THREE STINKIN' DAYS

You the same guy from the sun god thread?

needs turnips

Oh yea. i always forget to remove the name once i go on other threads. look real dumb when i do. shame the thread got hammered early.

is that pistachio shortbread from the WoW cookbook?

I know this is good fun and that's pretty food

So it's time to be a fucking autist, because that's what Veeky Forums is.

This isn't how rations worked. You're more likely to have some very dry, hard bread or biscuit, a hunk of cheese, and a pound of meat which will usually take the form of salted pork or salted fish or jerky. Some of these come close but are entirely too 'fancy', your average footsoldier wouldn't be this well provisioned.

These could pass as a knight, lord, or chieftans rations though.

That looks pretty good.

This is a standard troll ration

>pound of meat
>pound

any meat at all was a fantastic treat for the medieval underclass (the majority of people) and even soldiers usually wouldn't have been provided any extra meat except on special occasions (or if they stole it)

Granted, this varies wildly by time and place, but I will insist that even preserved meat wouldn't have been provided to soldiers daily for much of the so-called dark ages.

your likely correct as my pound of meat bit is a number taken from the 1700's

Nonsense. An extra pint of beer ont he way to bed. What sensible hobbit would be up past seven thirty when you've got to be up in time for breakfast the next day?

>Drow eat Century Eggs

Gross.

Best so far.

The "pound of meat" thing is also, to some extent, an ahistorical meme perpetrated by people trying to market fad diets. I've seen claims by dietitians that Roman soldiers were provided a pound of meat a day, which is totally unsupported by any evidence we have on the subject. (they had a grain ration and probably hunted for their own meat)

That cuts down on available space though. A piece like that wouldn't do well in a pack on its own; it would need its own travel case.

If you're eating rations you're on par with a field hand. You don't get to pretend you aren't unless you have your own set of squires and manservants to carry your luxuries.

Lizardfolk plating skills are top tier.

>pound of meat

I mean the Beefeaters or "The Yeomen Warders of Her Majesty's Royal Palace and Fortress the Tower of London, and Members of the Sovereign's Body Guard of the Yeoman Guard Extraordinary" if you want to be pedantic, did get a fair amount of meat. but they where royal guards.

They seem to posess more fucking style and culture that those Drow wannabes.

These are actually typical of legitimate meal offerings at high-end LARP-ing events. The orc ration is like $50, the Elf one is the vegetarian option and is $25, and the human one is $15.

American soldiers during the Revolutionary War were promised a pound of meat and a pound of bread each day. They didn't actually get it, but it must have been at least a plausible goal back then,

>The orc ration is like $50,
A bone with no meat on it is $50?!?!

Price by weight is a hell of a thing

They're only half cow.

yeah, that's pretty modern, though

also the revs famously starved several times

Before refrigeration (20th century) or canning (19th century), the only way you could have meat provided on that scale would be to drive cattle behind the troops and have cattlemen to tend them, or to supply salted rations. I dunno if you've ever eaten salt-pork or beef, but it's pretty fucking disgusting to eat straight. (it's salty as fuck, lol). Civil war soldiers famously ate theirs by making a soup of their hard bread and saltmeat.

That all said, this is why time and place is so important. The soldiers of the civil war ate so exceptionally poorly because of the unprecedented mobilization of troops. Millions of men had to be fed. It's easy to imagine that, say, an elite mercenary company of 100-200 men could have fed themselves really, really well while on campaign, even hundreds of years earlier than the civil war.

Fish or salted pork was pretty commonly given to western armies. Both were cheap, easy to produce, and kept for a long while.

In the Americas they'd also include pemmican when it was available.

Fuckin' got me, man.

I want to cook all of these.

>the revs famously starved several times
That was because none of the states wanted to help fund the army and the confederation had no way to make them.

The British did laugh because they used corn and cornmeal, which was seen by them as something you'd feed livestock, instead of wheat.

...I want it.

What do they get for second breakfast? Elevensies? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper?

Is this a Veeky Forums food thread? I haven't seen the Dragon's Crown poster yet, so I can't be 100%.

I'm running a game come the fall and so I've got plenty of time to prep, and I want to get the players invested in the theme by giving them a meal from the first inn they visit.

Motif I was thinking was that they arrive in the middle of the night and there's not a whole lot left. What's some relatively simple alcohol and a single dish that would logically still be on hand at like 1:30 in the morning at an inn?

yeah, totally

I went off on a tangent thinking about logistical concerns for historical armies, which are pretty independent of what an "Adventurer's ration" might be.

This is a standard Dwarf ration