Exalted General - /exg/

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world where bears are pansies.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/d8erArwm
pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf

Previous Thread Heads up to everyone. Monthly stuff has been posted. No links yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG
pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR
pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6
pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also the Strix

Has anyone added custom Evocations to existing artifacts?

So, /exg/, how have you / your players stunted their abilities to do things they're not normally supposed to today?

So what's in the new monthlies? Birds and DBs?

Looks like. Apparently some new DB charms in there. So I sort of want to see it as part of a preview for the actual book.

>a Dawn with the ultimate goal of fucking all the notable Exalted women in the Realm
>including the Scarlet Empress
How do I do his noble mission justice, /exg/?

I'm going to need some help making a list of targets too, since it's my first time GMing Exalted and I'm not that familiar with the setting.

>goal of fucking all the notable Exalted women in the Realm

Why qualify it? Just have him fuck ALL the Exalted women.

He doesn't know about all of them, so until he does, the famous ones will do.

>it's my first time GMing Exalted
Don't make GMPCs, user.

More specifically, this guy will only matter to your story if one of the PCs is an Exalted woman of the Realm. If that character is played by your girlfriend and/or if your players are OK with ERP, good for you. If not, you're creating a superpowered sexpest or outright rapist. Do not do this.

He doesn't need to. He just needs a magic ring that alerts him to when a Dragonblooded is close by. Both useful for sensing danger and when to rape.

First there is nothing wrong with DMPCs. There can be something very wrong with the storyteller though. Which makes bad DMPCs.

Second I don't think he is running the character. I think he is asking on behalf of a player to make it so that player can shine. Mind you if the character is just a two dimensional rape machine that could be bad. Making Desus is good... wait.

Depends if he wants willing, unwilling, or rape.

For willing, you'll need to heavily invest into the sex charms of Presence and/or Performance. Just put enough dices behind the seduction attempts.

For unwilling, there's always Hypnotic Tongue Technique, with some adders you can easily drain 4/5 wp a day until the DB has no choice but to suck your cock.

For rape, brawl charms are where you want to be.

>For rape, brawl charms are where you want to be.

He would still want Celestial Bliss Trick. It just makes everything better.

He's a PC.

Why would you do that man? Exalted is one of the densest setting around. You should either get to reading all the Celestial/Terrestail Direction books, or be a player a few times before you go Storytelling.

What would be a good way to condense it?

I found it a good way to generally restrict the story to one area, and that would restrict the theme a tad bit as well.
Like a pirate game mostly played on the West, or an arabian nights game in the South. If the players wanna move somewhere else? Fine. But you would still just have to read another Terrestial Direction book, since they can't be everywhere at once.

>since they can't be everywhere at once.

You underestimate the players.

I'm about to be the ST in my very first game of Exalted (third edition) and I nerd all the nel pane tips I can get...

First don't phonepost.

Second you can't control the players. You just interpret the rules and come up with reactions to their actions. You can have your own NPCs doing their own thing but the players can and will fuck it up. So just let them take the lead. Don't fight against them. This is a rape. Sit back and you may enjoy it.

Fucking spell check. I need all help and tips I can get.

Luckily enough, my players seem like pretty heavy role players and I might have little issues with that though yes, my intention is not stopping them but every action will have consequences on loved ones or other vulnerabilities.

How good you are with running games in general?
Do you want general running advice too, or only Exalted-specifics?

Feedback tells me I'm pretty good at running games in general, but good advice is always loved. But I'm looking for exalted specific tips mostly.

Location and party focus? Its hard to give general Exalted advice.

I guess it really really depends of the type of exalts they will want to play, as have said.

North is sort of Viking stories and Lovecraftian Ice Horrors
West are sailing, pirates, treasures, navies etc
South is arabian nights and cowboys
East is mostly Jungles, but pretty fucking big, so great many things go
Blessed Isle is the core of civilization (and thus super dealdly for most Solaroids, and Lunars)
There is also Haven and Hell

But what I have consistently seen in every game, that they give free Ox-Body equal to the character's stamina, as starter exalts tend to be squishy. Maybe a few free excellencies above the char creation charm limit.

>East is mostly Jungles, but pretty fucking big, so great many things go

Near East is also standard nation-building area and Rome/Greece.

bump

Anyone have the new antagonist books? One's just official versions of the cut corebook material, but the other has stats for Dragonblooded and some new Evocations in it.

I don't think so. And Exalted General is pretty dead so I am not sure we will even get pastebins of this new stuff.

>Your lunar mate of the opposite sex used to be your wife in your past life
>she is a dozen times more powerful than you

Where to run?

Is it a coincidence or is this supposed to make think of vampire the requiem?

So... Using Exalted 2.5 (Second Edition with Errata) can a Mortal Hero, spec'd for Savant/Thaumaturgy, build a Tachikoma?

The idea is that it would be an automation (Three dot maximum) driving a (relatively) small Moonsilver Warstrider scout (Three dot maximum). However the Crafting rules are thick as all get out and I can't seem to figure out if I could even manage it.

Probably, but it would take a very good and expensive workshop, lots of assisstants, and time. Lot of time.

You know this makes me think of other things to take inspiration from. Building a Pic Related sounds like a fucking hell of an idea. Heck even a low tech version with Assault/Onslaught Crossbows and Lightning Batista or eight would be awesome for taking out anything in the general area.

No love for Lilith, Swan? Don't want to find out what you were like in the First Age?

I think they said 3e so don't forget that the dreaming sea is great for lodsa money games

Luckily it is not Lilith. But I am still worried taking my chances.

Do you know what she's like, or how she feels about you? Do you know any Siderals that could help?

From what I've gathered she's been in hybernation. Most likely before the Usurpation. With a dozen of my previous incarnation's children Does taking care of them counts as cucking? However my char might have to wake her up because the Fae decided to attack, and we need the manpower.

She probably won't be happy to learn that we have been usurped, and her husband has a new face now.

Well now that I think about it, she might not be an Elder Exalt, and have the same amount of insanity. I might be worried over nothing.

>From what I've gathered she's been in hybernation

So she's done sweet fuck all the passed 1,500 years? She's not nearly as powerful as you imagine she is.

>With a dozen of my previous incarnation's children

Not your children, not your problem.

>She probably won't be happy to learn that we have been usurped, and her husband has a new face now.

Her husbands dead, the end. If she didn't sleep through the Usurpation, she might have been able to save him that's a lie, but still. You've woken her up so she can be useful for once in her life.

What about the missing lunar tatoos? I guess because she didn't spend time in the Wyld it should be fine, but we are fighting fae most likely.

Noone else did my job for me yet? Alright I'll buy them and pastebin them again.

>What about the missing lunar tatoos?

Chimerism. If she's too far gone, other Lunars will put her down.

Yes but isn't Chimerism affecting the exaltation itself because of the extended peroid Lunars had to spend outside of Creation to avoid Sidereals?
I think she would be spared of it, but would also be less resistant of shaping fuckery.

Cynis Borok
pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG

>my previous incarnation

"past lives" is silly. it's no more your character than the previous owner of a lantern ring would be, but for some bizarre reason it's randomly and somewhat inconstantly treated as literally being you 'because devs said so'

>East is
ruined by the existence of halta

Yeah I guess so. After all the exaltation is a third component of soul's original two. It's old user isn't truly reborn once someone else gains it.

that halta vs linowa shit was retarded as fuck, especially since halta was so marysue about everything because the writers liked it better. how was linoa even supposed to be holding its own as shitty tribals, let alone dominating about half a direction and crushing everything else between them in proxy wars

That's just perspective of exalted, not an absolute truth.

Ragara Feria
pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR

thanks.

Strix
pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6

Man these charm trees are sad. Thank you for uploading them though.

Yeah, it's weird. It's literally not you: You're just getting the memories of the previous Exalted to hold the shard.

If the previous holder of your Shard was a Deathlord, you can literally end up fighting yourself.

Oddly enough, this doesn't seem to be an issue. From my reading, Solars are just so much THE BEST that they rapidly catch up to Lunars.

Otherwise, all the way back from 1E, the pairing would be Lunar-dominated.

I'm pretty sure that this is a plot hook so you can eventually fuck Rakashi or Lilith back to her senses. (But seriously, Rakashi is fucking creepy.)

Zicnal of the Asmani
pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz

I think Rakshi just needs some anti-shaping to cure her Wyld induced madness.
Lilith would need extended therapy, and couple counseling tough.

She's already tattooed, though. There's no fixing that. But Lilith is the character who reads the most as a designated waifu, other than the slutty catgirl who needs a hero to save Thorns. (You know, the one drawn by the guy who did Empowered.)

He's neat.

The Charms seem about right for Dragon-Blooded Charms. Most of them seem pretty useful. Cynis Borok is one profoundly uninteresting character, though.

I think it is sorta implyed that the catgirl's mate is an Abyssal in Thorns.

Let's see my calculations:
Savant has 5 in Craft (Magitech), Lore, Occult, and Intelligence. 10 Dice
Merits Driving Passion (Help protect the nation) & Signature Style 'Peerless Skill' and three die Stunt. 16 Dice.
Flawless Workshop & Arms of Multiple Manipulation. 19 Dice + 3 Auto-Successes.
Deal with a local Goddess for 2 Spirit Aides. 19 Dice + 4 Auto-Successes
15 Mortal Aides. 19 Dice + 7 Auto-Successes
Charms: Divine (Craft) Subordination + Eye of Inspiration (Essence 3) + Benefactor. Perfect + 23 Dice + 7 Auto-Successes

To make an three dot Artifact I'll need 60 Successes. However I can lower it down to an Artifact 2 fairly easily by having a Drawback (The Automation and Warstrider are defended against by the color red, in this case both of them treat the person dressed in red as if they were invisible and inaudible) Which reduces it down to 30 Successes. On an average roll of 12 Succeses + 7 Auto it should take two seasons to finish up each of them. Nearly a year of crafting but I can have it done in four seasons.

Which is good because we've got a Forbidden God waking up and no Exalted support, it's pre-Jade Prision jailbreak Creation and the Realm Terrestrials are not acknowledging the kingdom after a slight from the king, currently we can't find any Lost Eggs locally, though our spymaster is still looking.

Does this all look right? I'm still trying to wrap my head around some stuff in the Warstrider section so I may have missed something.

Looks alright to me. Seems like you are having a great mortal campaign over there. A rarity in 2.5 as far as I've seen.

Maybe you could summon some demons or elementals to help out?

Why do people play as mortals when the real meat of the game lies in charms?

>Looks alright to me.
Awesome I thought I might have screwed up.

>Maybe you could summon some demons or elementals to help out?
I'm Oathbound to never summon Elementals. As for demons I think I could manage it but I'd have to find some good ones to summon to make it worth it.

>Why do people play as mortals when the real meat of the game lies in charms?
Pic Related?

>As for demons I think I could manage it but I'd have to find some good ones to summon to make it worth it.
I've looked around, and I think the "Heranhal, the fervid smithts" could be something that could help you. They are in the Celestial Directions 5; Malefas, pg 146

Without the meat the game's a skeleton, and skeletons are cool. More seriously, playing mortals is an easier way of getting to know the setting and the core rules. Charms are a big part of the charm, sure, but they're also a big part of what makes Exalted kind of heavy to play and run. A simpler and faster mortals game can be a nice bit of change even for old time Exalted players. It also gives bit of a different perspective on things.

Chimerism was only an issue because of long, LONG term exposure to the Wyld. The lunars eventually couldn't maintain the expenditure of motes necessary to protect themselves from the Wyld's effects while simultaneously fighting off the fey and establishing new kingdoms. Is chimerism even an established issue for 3E? Because I control + f'd my pdf and there's no match.

anybody got a picture, I'm drawing a blank here

Picture of what?

Neat, a Red Jade daiklave. Could be pretty easily refluffed as creating a cloud of smoke and embers, with an environmental restriction being that it needs something that it can burn present.

There'll be a long wait till something of essence will be said about lunars.

>She prioritizes her career above all else, and has not made any effort to settle down and marry a man or woman as a result.

This again. The DB/Realm books are going to be a shitshow.

Yup, strong independant DB who don't need no man.

ctgrl

To be fair, the 2e book that talked about sexual relations in Exalted (the Exxxalted book) mentioned that polygamy and same-gendered relationships weren't unknown.

Presumably if two Dragonblooded women in the Realm get married, they're just supposed to pick a suitor to impregnate them both.

In 2e you can build any artifact you met the req's for. There is no failure mechanic in crafting, it just takes longer

From her entry in Scroll of Exalts.

The 2e DB books made it pretty clear that marriage and relationships were considered pretty much entirely separate things in the Realm. DB girls who like girls could have all the clam they liked, but they gotta make Dynastic babies still, and that means marriage. Same goes for boys who like boys.

The stupid thing is that this shit, done in the name of "diversity", succeeds only in turning the Realm into yet another cookie cutter version of 21st century morality rather than the genuinely interesting and distinct quasi-matriarchal honour culture it previously was.

>The stupid thing is that this shit, done in the name of "diversity", succeeds only in turning the Realm into yet another cookie cutter version of 21st century morality rather than the genuinely interesting and distinct quasi-matriarchal honour culture it previously was.

Actually in some perverse way I like this. People were constantly bitching about Realm and how they are worse than Hitler. Every diversity douchebag will still bitch about it not realizing they are looking themselves in the mirror. That warms my heart.

That is not the problem. That is not even a problem. The issue is the part about marrying "a man or a woman". Marriages in the Realm are primarily for the purpose of making more potential Dragon-Blooded. They are between a man and a woman, not because the Dynasty gives a shit about which gender people like to fuck, but because a man a woman are generally needed to procreate.

ETA 4e?

Not only that. DragonBlooded are seen as walking gods by general populace. They are a thing to aspire to for your next reincarnation.

Now even if you are coke-sniffing, cock-sucking sadist who loves to torture little animals you still need to have a presentable public image of a loving father who has a functioning marriage with wife and kids that adore him.

But what do you expect from the left. Of course they will write about strong, independent women who don't play nice with the establishment but for some reason they are still very successful, prominent and revered with no consequences. I really miss 1st ed Aspect Books. Most characters were interesting and had decent write up.

Well I suppose sorcery could allow two married people of the same gender to have kids.

Wait that leads to assbabies never mind.

Or adopt. Or summon a Neomah. Plenty of options available, really.

Shut up.

None of which was considered a genuinely acceptable alternative to Marrying And Making Dynastic Babies in 2E.

Getting a neomah to build you and your lover a sprog? Fine. But you better be making actual Dynast babies too, or you're not doing your duty to the Dragons.

I mean this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. We have IVF and adoption in the real world; providing ways to Make Gay Babies in the Realm just turns the Realm into 21st Century West Only With Elemental Superheroes. Which, I suppose that's probably what they want to play anyway.

>Now even if you are coke-sniffing, cock-sucking sadist who loves to torture little animals you still need to have a presentable public image of a loving father who has a functioning marriage with wife and kids that adore him.
Nah, that's not it. Too close parent-child relationhsips are even frowned on among the Dybasty. Proper respect for older generations and demanding upbringing that doesn't involve coddling children are the way to go. Dynasts aren't supposed to present the image of the ideal western nuclear family from the 50s.

>But what do you expect from the left. Of course they will write about strong, independent women who don't play nice with the establishment but for some reason they are still very successful, prominent and revered with no consequences. I really miss 1st ed Aspect Books. Most characters were interesting and had decent write up.
Well, I expect the left to have a different view on the economy than the right, because that's where the actual differences between the right and the left begin and end. Aside from that, strong, independent *people* obviously exist, even in the Realm. People who don't play nice with the establishment can do pretty well, as long as they have either connections or truly notable achievements to make their quirks worth putting up with. That's how it has worked in the real world, as well. Those 1E Aspect Books had Tepet Elana - or was it Elena? anyways, the magistrate from HOuse Tepet - as a canon example of such a character. I seem to recall that the Roseblack, too, had failed to marry despite being over a century old, mostly due to feeling like she had more important things to do before she could find the time to marry. Or maybe that was Elana's attitude, I could remember wrong. Anyways, the point is that ignoring the fact that marriage in the Ream is for procretaion really is the entire problem with the bit of writing we're discussing.

Especially adoption. That doesn't even make sense as an alternative, from the Dynastic perspective.

While Aspect books had strong independent characters they weren't without flaws or setbacks in their lives. Even Roseblack backstory says she didn't win all the time but learned from failure. Nowdays they are mostly "I'm perfect and awesome in every way"

When it comes to Realm marriages they are for breeding and alliances. While adultery is part of Dynast's life public knowledge of affairs is frowned upon. Dynasts go a long way to hide the facts. Sure you can speculate who is sleeping around but you need evidence and facts to go public with them. Marriages that don't produce children will be made void. And many Dynasts will wreck hell if they find out their child isn't their own or if their spouse has bastard children.

In short you can sleep around but if others learn of it your social standing is fucked.

The Aspect Book characters also had a lot more space to be fleshed out in. It's not really a fair comparison. The implied gay marriage thing is weird to me too, though.

Having come into this whole conversation late and just having finished reading the pastebin and everyone's responses, isn't it more likely that Ragara Feria's story is minimal so they much more easily fit in an ongoing campaign and let the ST fill in the details they want the character to have? The five intimacies she has are hardly amount to a full fledged person.

>butt bra

What does that have to do with it? She is a she, so I think it's safe to assume she's woman. That's enough to tell that if she's to get married, it would be to a man. Her sexual orientation doesn't really have anything to do with it.

Oh right we're worried White Wolf will get tired of the drama and just yank the license now.

My bad.

I judge a writing by info it presented. I can make the Realm saviors of the Creation, them all being exemplars of virtue. I can say Sidereals did nothing wrong. That can be my interpretation. No matter what I do in my campaign it doesn't change the fact Realm was created to represent backstabbing Empire crumbling under itself. This is how it was written and how most people run it in their games.

>She prioritizes her career above all else, and has not made any effort to settle down and marry a man or woman as a result.

This is enough information to ask few stupid questions. Is she bisexual? Does Realm for some reason allow homosexual marriages all out of the sudden? What happens with basic idea on how Dynasty works? Marriage being a tool to create children in hope of them climbing up the ladder toward the top of the Great Houses and closer to Scarlet Empress. You know how marriage worked during almost entire human history (and still working in some societies even to this day)