/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

We're all Alpharius now Edition

Last Thread: >FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
It's dead, Jim.

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Nagi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is what I have with my contemptor in the list.

I am pretty new, so any tips on what to add here is appreciated.

Also, representing VII legion

THREADLY REMINDER

What happened to the love affair Forge World had with Imperial Guard? It feels like the guard hasn't gotten anything new in years.

I could definitely see it. Those are some insane efficiencies versus vehicles.

Hail fellow loyal marine, it sure is a great day to spread the justice of the empera.

This totally appeals to my 100% normie lifestyle.

I'm ordering a vanquisher version of that right now.(to use as a normal version because short barrellets can fuck off)
god it looks so lovely

>dislocated shoulder

I ran Crusaders, DCA, Arocs and Bullgryn. I thought they would be fun units. Turns out each one was an unstoppable death machine. People will immediately catch on in my store the more they play me. I'm the only one doing Inquisition and Ministorum units at the moment.

Anybody got the download for the new Perturabo book?

I have played 8th edition for the past month at least twice a week
I have yet to use points

Good day to you loyalist.
Enjoying the glory of the emperor?

What is it called sir

Nope, I have another shoulderpad on the other shoulder hiding the A, it has a V on it.

>What happened to the love affair Forge World had with Imperial Guard?

The Horus Heresy happened

Perty: Hammer of Olympia

You definitely have a sweet thing going with that setup. I would not have expected these units to be half this killy; if your opponent underestimates you and lets you in range to unload your firepower, they're in for a bad time.

The worst thing that ever happened to Forge World.

This was written in regards to a nightlords poster offended by the rievers.

What could this mean

I'd be curious if anyone has the Magnus one
HH 44

This look acceptable for a Tabletop standard ork?
AKA I've got 60 of these little fucks to paint and I'm being lazy

Oi, I need youz boyz to go collect scrap n gubbins so'ze I can finnish buildin dis ere deff ray fer da empra. Now go get me da junk.

Holy crap that Arbites collection went for $378.

For your needs:

Keep in mind,
Sisters are a fun army to play but you aren't buying into a "fair" army to play. You'll be losing a lot especially against mechanized.

Your gear options you described are GREAT for anti-infantry. 4 storm bolts is 8 shots, 16 double tap. Using the acts of faith and shooting twice in your turn for a squad with 4 (dominions) + the rest of the squad double tapping twice. Situational I know, but on the defense it is insanely good. Or offense if you can close distance. Just hope you have cover + can gun down melee before they melee you.

Closing the distance won't be hard - 3 immolators means 3, 5 sister squads can get in while you get into melta-range. It also means your 5 sisters have to get out and not die horribly... so they will need to be carefully used in this manner.

3 Immolators are great. Make sure you have all the bits or they come with melta, I can't re-emphasize this enough.

$200 is pushing it. $80 a squad new, and on ebay right now i see several auctions at ~$40-50 for 10 or so used (and easy to strip - all metal.)

So to get your 30 bodies on ebay you'll spend at least $120-150 or so. Flamers and storm bolters are not rare at all.

The immolators go for ~$60 depending on how well they are painted etc. $40 NIB but they are out of stock so ebay prices are high. So you get 3 of those? That's another ~$120 if you got NIB from GW. ~$150 if you got from ebay, or more.

TLDR: Your sisters are worth $360 NIB - and on ebay probably about $300, maybe much less if you find cheaper immolators.

Would I pay $200 for that? Depends heavily on how the immolators are, what the paint job is like, and so forth. It isn't a rip-off (as much as I can say that about over priced sister stuff) - but you could find better deals if you really tried.

I say go for it, if you like it you can enjoy it, if not, you can sell on ebay and get most your $ back.

From afar? Fine, but you'll want to clean those mould lines in the future.

This Inquisitor has arrived to investigate you for heresy, what do you do?

The catch is that the Magnus one is also about Perty and his IW, not really about the TS

I bought a Knight a few months ago after splitting a cheap Renegade box on eBay with a friend. I wanted to run it with my GK in 1850(7th), well now in 8th that seems impossible because it ends up being 1/4th of a 2k list on an already low model count army. I was considering selling it because it's NoS(I saved it for the back of my backlog), but not sure yet. Any hope of fitting one in there? I don't have any other Imperial Armies.

It's unlikely anyone is going to pay careful attention to each individual ork

Yeah I spray painted him years ago, and now that I'm getting back in I'm repainting everything

Always needing more infantry. And more and more and more. Might as well get creative!

WiP on hold because of family guests on vacation. Need to finish Metallics, red, beaten up, and shades and highlights and bloody wounds, but I feel they're getting go enough to show off.

Me either. I expected them to be decent this edition, decent but fun, more powerful than before. I really did not expect to be bulldozing people. I might have to tone it back some, the past few games were stomps.

Cawl made Rievers out of Night Lords geneseed. He fixed all the heresy and problems and made them better.
Is this not good enough? What more do you spiky marines want?!

>best way to play 40k
>worst thing

Write my will and hit on her

No idea what I'm doing. Would this be a decent starter list for a brand-new player?

>hit on an underage boy
Calm down John Podesta, isn't there a noose somewhere you should be making friends with?

Hit on her.

Acolytes are definitely stronk as fuck as well. You can go for shooty or do something crazy like load them up with thunderhammers.

Step one, don't use shitty list builders, get your index and make a list yourself.

no excuse for not drilling the barrels, otherwise its fine for tabletop. id love to play against orks that arent all primer grey

>trader Joe's
Philly?

This an ok looking all-comers elite marine list?

Greetings to you both from myself and my fellow absolutely-normal-and-not-suspicious-at-all loyal imperial citizens

It's like Paul Dano and Ellen Page fused together.

I'm not really worried about losing, I just really wanted to have a second army besides Necrons and love the metal minis. Thanks for the breakdown, now I can pay money for these models and not feel guilty about it.

>Sisters loosing to a mech list

kek

Bring more Melta

Those guys start worshipping slaanesh or something? Why are their limbs falling off, and that guy on the left has a fucking prehensile cock holding a knife.

I know Magnus's book featured IW heavily

But I'm talking about the one after he gets his back snapped and he goes insane

they just gave them a whole new set of somewhat broken rules.

OOE
Not bait or cancer like the last thread.

How many carnifexes do you think you need to field to make him worthwhile?

Yeah they are so good. I'm just got 10 Storm Bolters off of Ebay, but that might be too much. I could use some fun mixing and matching and make them a nice fluffy variety unit.

I just made a Terminator Inquisitor out of the Sigmar free model you get for playing a demo game. I figure it could be fun to deepstrike him with Scions that are his "bodyguard".

bumpin

Don't forget the monkey and the martial artist.

Yeah I do
I don't have a bit drill

Greetings Lord. I believe that you should know if we were to procreate our superior genes would enrich humanity greatly.

besides conscripts what are some good guard units I should use nows?

If you're running any carnifexes he's worthwhile.

Babe. Babe. Hold up daddy oh. Puh-leaze, go back and read what our little Sister of Battle-O is wanting to buy. No melta except those dastardly Immolators. We don't even know if they have MMelta, hence my point...

MAKE SURE those Immolators have their bits or multi-meltas. You will regret it if not.

This one here, Id love to read it

The ones you think are fun.

Executioner Leman Russwith plasma cannon side sponsons.

NO BULLY OR I CALL DAD!

I will still kek, for Corn cares not from where the keks flow.

Basilisks, Tank Commanders, Pask, Manticores, Master of Ordnance, Scions, Infantry squads, heavy weapon squads with Harker or Yarrick, Bullgryn, Rough Riders.

The only true lacking units for Guard right now are Armored Sentinels and normal Russes. Tank Commander Russes are totally worth the points, as is Pask. They make up for the lack of firepower Russes have no thanks to their sponson and hull guns being BS5+ on the move. 3+ main gun and 4+ sponson/hull guns is great on the TCs. Pask is even better with 2+ and 3+ other guns. He can also give orders to the other Tank Commanders.

Average human civilan reporting in

I just picked up the two 'fex box and have an old one eye. How should I build the two new ones? Are claws worth it because he effectively cancels out the -1 to hit? Do i bother with guns?

I'm that guy who cares more about new models than new rules.

What does the Chaplain + Assault Termies really get you? The Chad marines and dreads are shooty and then you have a bunch of HtH termies.

Seems like vehicles might be a better investment

You mean your grandpa?

I'll make sure.

The Manticore. Its 2d6 S10 -2 AP d3 damage. Its drawback is it can only shoot 4 times so if that scares you use a Basilisk.

Woah WOAH WOAH. HOLD UP citizen. Wait right there.

You dropped your fancy knife thing here from your belt.

Here you go. The Emperor Protects, friend.

z has 10 sisters of meh cast quality for $10 if you want to go that route.

FW gave sisters a repressor, which has 1-2 heavy flamers, 6 fire points and can hold a dominion squad which lets it scout move (move+advance) before the first turn. The repressor is probably their best unit.

you can also mix and match all imperium now too, so dropping a retributor squad into any army guarantees it gets to always fire twice, which makes it super strong. stormbolter dominions are decent too.

Hmm...Seems legit!

Here, guard the motor pool for me I gotta take a dump!

>all the armies I like the look of bore me in game
>all the armies with play styles I like I hate the look and lore of
Death Guard and AdMech are my last 2 hopes

Are the sisters resin or metal? I'm kind of only looking to get metal.

Well which ones do you like the look of, but not the playstyle? Maybe you haven't considered all the options yet.

got a harbor frieght in your town? i got a pinning drill for like 3 bucks and change.

not great vs hordes, really bad vs 14pt drop plasma (elysian, or 16pt scions). terminators are generally garbage tier (not enough attacks).

I deepstrike them to threaten and ideally assault something. Hammernators hit at a -1 so that means 4+, the Chaplain lets them re-roll failed to hit.

DAD NO GRANDPA! HE DAD!
I BUILD WALL FOR DAD! U WANT SEE WALL??

Do DG. There are a lot of DG models being sold off by people buying the starter (plus the upcoming mini starters no doubt) for a lot cheaper than the marine half.

Also glaze ink ink ink rdy to play

I like thin short haired girls. It just means there's a 50/50 chance I'm talking to a lesbian, not that I'm a pedophile.

Install nagi into her like like the ethereal instructed me to do.

I think if you run him on his own he's worthwhile. 20 points more than a carnifex with the same loadout and vastly superior in every way you could want.

Subassemblies are fun! :P
Nope! Florida. The State that helps all those other states feed the United States. The visitors are from Philly.
I don't get it? Uh, the guy with the raised hand will make more sense when he's covered in his own blood.

>Install nagi
???

Everyone post badass painted Guard armies!

Except anybody with a nickname. You can all fuck right off.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Nagi

It's funny that normal ministorium units are buff as fuck in this edition.

I'm curious to see how Repentias + Mistress + a Friendly Priest stacks up with War Hymns. Too bad SoBs don't get Zealot which would actually fit them perfectly

>I don't get it?

>DCA
>not Battle Sisters

Look at all that fucking green on our troops. Also, the numbers on the Exo pretty much confirmed my thoughts that its kinda shitty right now. Adding more randomness didn't help any.

Putting an Axe+Inferno pistol on any superior is amazingly efficient apparently, but that requires melee. These numbers kinda back up what I've experienced on the table.

Z?

Yea, he'll make more sense once the blood god is on.

Seems like an expensive unit to maybe knock out something nasty. Especially since effectively they'll be operating solo since the rest of the Chads will be taking cover and shooting shit.

Yeah, Repentias should have gotten zealot and angelic visage

>Nagi are running the whole show with MC'd Ethereals

I love it too. All these old ass metal sculpts that are never in stock are super hard hitting and ripping apart all the new models. I have count as models for Crusaders and DCA, but I'm not sure what to use for Arcos. I have 6 of the normal metal ones, but I'm not sure what to do. Just order 1 more packet of 3, or try to find a count as unit.
Kind of weird that they don't have Zealot and yet DCA, Crusaders and Arcos do.

Eh I don't mind, still better leaders than 99% of what 40k universe has to offer.