Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Female Necrons edition

Last Thread >FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Deader than the Emperor.

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

what's your take on obliterators? still worth the points?

I think they're cool, but they're not rapid fire weapons so don't just plop them 9" away because you can, try and make them shooty and 24" away.

Not enough attacks, not enough range. At best they're short range twin lascannons and at worse they're super garbage. You'd be way better off paying the difference and striking in a team of combi-plasma terminators

4th for you're a grot

God I fucking hate painting Skitarii. Why do they have to look so cool?

What would have been so hard about making them the way they were in this edition? I can't wrap my head around it. It would have been so simple.

GW, stop smoking crack when remaking rules.

Because sometimes, in order to hurt someone very very much, you have to appeal to their baser instincts. I painted mine camo-blue, because fuck the ForgeWorlds.

All the wargear they could emulate all got a buff (except maybe plasma cannon), so they couldn't just give them that wargear, which is understandable to me. I just wish they were a little better.

Daily reminder that next edition manlet marines will be SQUATTED

Oblits are 65 pts/model and havocs with missile launchers are 38. Are the extra wounds and 2+/5+ save worth the points?

GW salesforce is in

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm trying to make an army around pedro kantor and some assault centurions. I have them in a land raider with a librarian, as well as a contemptor and an apothecary in the list.

What else should I consider doing to make it work?

Only thing that left will be wrongscale primaris marines.

What about Mutilators?

Best ask Mommy to give you money for birthday/christmas/easter because old marines are history. Control the battlefield of the future with your INTERCESSOR™ squads! Bring fury to the enemies of the imperium and rain down hellfire with the HELLBLASTER™ squads.

Stalk the battlefield like a predator with the skull faced terrifying REIVER™ squads.

A dark future needs new heroes; manlets don't measure up.

>obliterators are some fucked up warp-virus
>mutilators are just guys who were too into their knives

You should avoid creating pseudo-deathstar fire magnets. Kantor is for turning kinda good units into really good.

Our youth have it so easy. I remember the time, when marines were shorter and you actually had to aim to hit them, now they are so huge even a blind can blast them to hell.

I'm at a debate with myself. I about to paint my first battlewagon and I'm not sure what scheme to go with.

I'm debating between mostly black with some red panels, or mostly red with some yellow and bare metal panels.

Pic is of my current scheme I'm already using on my warbikes.

Went are there not Dwarves in space? Is make an army of Fyreslayers in space in a heartbeat....

Ah, i'd like to use either him or lysander.

That's the only real requirement for my army, although I'd like to use my centurions.

What would they fit well into?

Theres the Demiurg.

Just put my stealth team on 32's.
Fuck it looks good.

Wondering if I should convince my friend to put all his manlets back on 25's so I can do the same to all of my nobz as well.

There were. But then they were no more.

Check out the squats; they had models and vehicles and everything until they got SQUATTED via tyranid swarm

Press F to pay respects.

Excuse my lore noobiness but someone mentioned in another thread that necrons are afraid of tyranids and that tyranids have in the past destroyed a few tomb worlds.

Why is this? What possible reason would nids have to attack necrons and what reason would the fleshless necrons have to fear tyranids?

The 8th ed rulebook actually mentions them so they're still around.

You have 10 seconds to prove you're not a marinelet.

My chapter is of first founding.
Given every first founding chapter death is replaced by a Primaris, I am therefore a primaris.

This is a thing? Seconding this question.

I heard that; I'm picking up my rulebook tomorrow on my monthly payday from work. I wouldn't collect a full squat force if they were still around; but I'd run a kill team for Shadow War or something.

Warhammer 40k quest when?

I can ride Hulkcoaster in Universal Studio

I thought it was the other way around; Tyranids afraid of Necrons because there's no life or something

DEATH GUARD CODEX FUCKING WHEN

I'm not a traitor

Post yfw you realize that primarines are overpriced hot garbage ingame.Except for the lieutenants.

its both.
its flat loss for tyranid because no biomass.
Its hard for Necron because shadow of the warp

Should I play Eldar or Word Bearers?

dont you worry we still have 17 (well, 16 because of the reiver release) Primaris unit to come that are listed with no description in Dark Imperium

Nyds eat all the metal off of planets they consume not just biomass. Though Necrons are one of the best factions to fight tyranids in attrition (orks may be comparable for different reasons).

Warhammer but instead of guns it's bumper cars

I dunno man. They get 3 attacks each and they could be s8 ap -3 attacks that do 3 damage... Or they could s6 ap-1 attacks that do 1 damage.

4" movement on a melee guy is terrible but 2+/5+ and 3 wounds is pretty good...

I dunno, I'm afraid to bring them.

What's a good way for Chaos to deal with mass conscript blobs?

I'm facing an army with atleast 2 full hordes soon.

Are you gay, jewish and/or japanese? Eldar
Are you a pussy? Word Bearers

Why not both?Dark eldar!

khorne flyprinces with dual claws.

Who would ever choose +1a over warptime?

combi bolters are good and cheap

I spray mine silver after priming black and leave the armour, bionics, backpacks and weapons the same colour with slight variations by using different washes. 50% of the model done with simple spray, wash, drybrush techniques.

LOOK DEEP INSIDE YOURSELF

YOU KNOW YOU BELIEVE IN THE PRIMORDIAL TRUTH

THE TRUTH THAT ALL OF HUMANKIND KNOWS

THE FOURFOLD PATH

THE PANTHEON

CHAOS UNDIVIDED

You say that like you are only taking 1 prince.
only one prince can use warptime, the rest should just take the +1 atttack.

Why not bring a few hordes of your own? R&H are pretty cheap and can get HWTs.
And of course there always are brimstones. I'm currently converting 40 servitors count-as brimstones with servo-skulls and other bits and bobs.

Slaanesh daemon stuff? Fast as shit, so should be able to go from outside rapid fire range into assault in a single turn, and loads of attacks. The combine harvester seems especially thematic for what you're trying to do.

They are pretty expensive though.

Khornate berzerkers, add a Dark Apostle or Khârn, and go collect some skulls.

Orks

Why not create multiple CC threads? Use Kantor to buff Termies, Veterans or Honor Guard? Part of list building is making fire priority hard for the enemy. Deathstars are unreliable in 8E.

Also, Señor Kantor is versatile: you can use him to buff a gunline just as well and then countercharge.

I pair him with librarian too: i want to swing first with those extra attacks. I like jumppack librarians due to how smite works.

Word Bearers

Anything with good wound/cost ratio and T6+ Sv3+ or T4+ Sv 2+

I found rubric marines very effective, bolters hit on 3, wound on 3 and give no save. In return they hit on 5, wound on 5 and you have a 2+ save.

This gives you 4/9 (24/54) wounds per attack versus their 1/54 making your marines be worth 24 conscripts in a direct confrontation. That's 72 points for each rubric.

Which stream?

Renagade Punisher w/ heavy bolters: you ont even need to take rengade troops anymore thanks to key words

180ptsfor 10W T6 3+/5++
Move 12"/fly
8 WS2+ with rerolls S7 -2 D2

They're not afraid of necrons, they just don't bother with lifeless worlds. Which is what most tomb worlds are.
Nids show no hesitation attacking those tomb worlds that do have life.

Why isn't there a rule in 40k for units like Rubrics and Necrons to make it impossible for them to die from shit like poisoning or fleshbane?

This. Spiky pansies best pansies. You can branch out to necropansies later if you want, the faction allows almost all elf units in one list.

>inb4 retarded explanation from a gw shill

>implying Adarki Aeldari poisons can hurt Necrons

CSM: Summon bloodthirster or slaanesh cavalry
Chaos Daemons: Do the same
Renegades: Do the same

Because that would be some kind of universal special rule and all units have to have cool, bespoke rules right there on your datasheet. This makes play faster and easier because there are fewer rules to learn.

Because they didn't want to make DE completely useless in those match ups.

You can have a faction specific USR like ATSKNF or Favored of Tzeentch. Or Reanimation Protocols.

this
having two entire factions immune to your shooting wouldn't be good for game balance

Summoning a BT needs one hell of a roll, though.

I'm new so I don't know what CC thread means, crowd control I guess?

I am really new, so I am just trying to use units I like.

I got raped by psykers, so I know I need a librarian for the deny

That's too fucking bad for the pointy eared space jews then. Go get some better weapons.

close combat, crowd control, depends on context

Close Combat threat, he meant. Something that can get in and smash all those puny psykers into paste, preferrably multiple units, so you're not completely fucked if you lose one unit.

I mean sure they could just remove poison from the game and replace it with something universal.

Because its assumed those using such weapons adjust their chemicals, like acid for crons.

No user I'm talking about niggercrons not tau.

In Rhino or Land Raider?

Then get mulched by 100 overwatch shots.

am I a cunt for bringing a land raider redeemer at 1k?

Just park a rhino in front and charge from behind it.

No, you're being a scrub. But we all had to play our first game once.

I take a pair of Hemlocks or a Wraithknight. So no.

Deathshroud terminators when?

bout 3 weeks, maybe 4.

Ah ok, I didn't see any other way to get my centurions into action other than a land raider.

How long until chaos codex?

3 months

Likely before August but dont hold your breath

Well that confirms it. I guess I'm dropping my manlets and going for a full Primaris force.

Nurgle Daemons ability to buff wound rolls has no duration.

RAW it's permanent, but is it RAI to last one turn?

No, it's permanent.

whats the list?

No other buff is though and this one has an easy value of 6 to cast. Feels like it was designed for one turn to me.

>been playing grey knights for years
>take a break from 40k
>8th out and want a new army
>pick up[ blood angels why i should have done orks i already have the beginnings of an ork army already
>why am i this schizophrenic with 4oK