Samurai edition!

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here:
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Color Pie mechanics
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-rulings/magic-rulings-archives/313197-genju-of-the-realm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

One of the few times I have something for the edition.

way undercosted

Yeah, I'm with the other guy, very undercosted. I also don't understand the ETB ability at all. I get how it interacts with the last ability, but it still feels odd.

Cat
Creature - ?
Cat comes into play with 8 life counters.
If Cat would take combat damage, prevent it. Instead, remove a life counter.
1/1

What color would Cat be and how much mana would it cost?

I like the embalm tech and would like to find different ways to use it.

Suggested idea for Prism Charm, I actually made this based on that idea somewhat recently.

That doesn't work, because a keyword has to work the same way every time, at least within types. If you want to make a specific name for each creature, at best you could make it an ability word, like Landfall.

Though honestly I think a better technique would be to use DFC. Or hell, even Flip, and I'm not even a fan of Flip.

Also, art in use, Mothrider Samurai.

Also also, no quotes around the name. I see people do that all the time and I have no idea why.

Again, maybe Renown or Exalted?

Mechanic would normally be dfc, you're right. Embalm was just a way to do it eithout dfc. Renown is actually exactly what I thought this ability woupd be a while back, if renown wasnt already a thing.

I actually didnt want it to get a new name, but I was worried how it would interact with other copies on the board. Is there rules text that allows you to add a word to a card name yet?

No. The absolute closest you can get is adding a new name.

Anyway, why not use Renown or Exalted?

Because i was brainstorming a new way to use the embalm technology, and this particular concept wanted the card to become legendary. Renown is actually perfect for what I want but yeah. Exalted not even close except flavor.

>googling aome ways yo try and make it work
>Find mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-rulings/magic-rulings-archives/313197-genju-of-the-realm
>For the legend rule to apply, both permanents have to have the Legendary supertype. Your lands are safe
Huh
Thats a weird interaction.

You could probably get away with making both abilities static.

You'd want to make this champion an untapped land, otherwise it's ramp, and even then it's probably still not okay.

Probably white or green, but most likely white. Wording needs work. It'd be pretty much the same cost as an Indestructible 1/1 because it essentially does the same thing.

Yeah I agree you should use DFC for this.

I think the issue here is the B and R modes are way too good. R effect is Barrage of Boulders undercosted by 1R and stackable? Yikes. Even if you argue that Barrage is overcosted because of Ferocious, it's still a 1R effect at best. Electrickery is 1RR for the same effect too, so I feel like 2R is fair. B is usually a single opponent discarding a single card, so having it hit all of them is over the top I think. Unnerve is 3B for two cards from each opponent, so ha;f that would be 1B, at the very least.

Okay, so I looked at Oracle text for a long time, but I still don't know if this works. I feel like I'm missing something. I need to sharpen my search-fu. Based somewhat on Melira, or the idea of her anyway, I was trying to make her relevant to the set AND function outside it. Idea is if you use Manifest with her you can just flip the card up for free instead of having to pay since it can't be face-down. I'm just not sure it works.

So this new keyword in Hour of Devastation, Afflict... it's basically Trample. Why? I mean I guess it's static trample in that it always deals that much damage, even if the creature wouldn't have trampled that much through, but still. I dunno if I like it. Thoughts?

>R effect is Barrage of Boulders undercosted by 1R and stackable? Yikes. Even if you argue that Barrage is overcosted because of Ferocious, it's still a 1R effect at best.
Blazing Volley.

I agree with you on the B bit. Maybe opponents lose 1 life for each B spent to cast it?

>Dishonor
Did you see my idea for temporarily making creatures 1/1's with no abilities?

As for your card, I have no idea how the first ability would even work. Would you just pay 3 to cheat Morph creatures onto the battlefield? And what about non-creature Morphs like Zoetic Cavern?

>Decree of Dispersal
Hm, I wondered about that. And yes, it's supposed to be an all or nothing decision. I'll change it over for now. I can always change it back if need be.

>Braggart
I've changed it, because yeah, it was narrow. I'll post it later when the thread is busier.
>Raider
Ah okay. It seemed like a bit much but I can always tweak it later.

Some okay ideas here, some I had already considered, but I can't use any of the +1/+1 counter stuff as long as dishonor uses -1/-1 counters. I'm guessing you think that should change though.

And as far as dishonoring a creature that's already dishonored, I thought about that. The result is it gets another -1/-1 counter then it dies due to SBA. That's what I want to happen, and it's a reason I really want dishonor to continue to function like it does.

The idea of it being temporary doesn't appeal to me because you can't just turn honor on and off like a light switch. It loses all meaning then.

Exalted is an interesting idea, but Renown is off the table right now. I'll consider what I can potentially do with Exalted though.

>Blazing Volley
Okay, but the issue is that what you have is a charm card, so it shouldn't be playing the same cost to emulate a card as the card itself costs. You have to account for the utility. I will give you that I missed that though. It at least makes it a little less offputting. I like the idea that it can ping your opponents, yeah. Much more in-line.
>Dishonor
Yeah I did, and I answered below.
>Amane
It does say creatures can't be, and since Manifest says you can only turn creature cards face-up, I figured that'd work. But I'm also not sure, as I said. And yeah, it'd basically mean you could cast any creature spell with Morph for 3, but it doesn't trigger Megamorph's counter. I figured that Elvish Piper says that's fine, since she requires Morph creatures and it can do anything. I'm also not sure if it triggers the "when ~ is turn face up" stuff, but I feel like either way it's fine if it does, since that's just a replacement for ETB, but a bit more pushed. How would you word it, if you had to? Or would you just not do it? Now that I look at the reminder text, I feel like maybe it needs a touch up at any rate.

Its basically meant to be kind of like an evasive mechanic as best i can tell, which I guess is why blue was allowed to get it. I really dislike it though. It feels very... mechanical, I guess? Like, yeah it fits flavor, and i presume it will do what its supposed to. But its not compelling at all. Not all mechanics have to be i guess but i dunno. I just hate it.

Afflict makes combat more difficult for whoever you attack. Trample is worthless against a creature with high toughness, whereas Afflict always guarantees you that the defender will lose life, doubly so since Afflict is lifeloss instead of damage, so it can't be prevented. This means that abilities that require lifeloss, like Neheb's, will always be useful.

Adding onto that is stuff like Unraveling Mummy and Accursed Horde in conjunction with Frontline Devastator and Merciless Eternal. Let's say Frontline or Merciless get blocked by some big creature. Just use some mana to give them Indestructible, maybe Deathtouch too, and you can attack again next turn. Your opponent loses some life anyway, so it's not a bad turnout. Or if they don't get blocked, then you can just use that mana to instead pump them for extra damage to the opponent.

And of course you have things that synergize with themselves.

The only thing I dislike about afflict is that it's Afflict N, which means we'll probably never see it again. It would've been a good Blue/Black evergreen.

Blue getting it feels really weird still though. We've been conditioned for a long time to believe that blue's not supposed to get efficient damage.

I know what it does, user. Your first statement is basically what I already said. I just didn't see why it should exist since it basically overrides the need for Trample in HOU, and it feels off overwriting an evergreen unless it were looking to be replaced. I don't think it's bad per se, just jarring. Especially since blue gets it.

Still weirds me out that blue has it. But I can see people liking it. You're probably right though, it having an N attached to it means it's unlikely to be an evergreen.

Oh god, are you one of the spergs who got mad at Time user making Mercs Green and White? Jesus, Afflict is used on Blue because it's to tie into the flavor of the Eternals. I can't believe I have to spell this out to you. Do I also need to explain why Eternalize and Embalm make Zombies for colors that don't normally contain Zombies? Do I have to explain what flavor is? Do I need to explain what top-down design is?

>We've been conditioned for a long time to believe that blue's not supposed to get efficient damage.
Amonkhet is pretty creature-centric, as is MTG in general these days, and blue getting a type of "thinker's evasion" fits pretty well, thought it's obviously no perfect.

>I just didn't see why it should exist since it basically overrides the need for Trample in HOU
Trample and Afflict are pretty different. You can reduce the strength of trample, and its dependent on the attacker's power.

Afflict either does N damage or it doesn't, and it does that damage completely independent of pump.

Don't bring that shit up here. It has nothing to do with anything.

No, because card types aren't the same as mechanics. Card types aren't as tied to the pie as mechanics are, so there's zero point in bitching about white Zombies or green Merfolk. Why would you assume that when the two are very different. All I said was it was weird, not that WotC is wrong. What the hell is your problem? I even gave my reasoning. Calm the fuck down.

I get that they are different, but play-wise they seem to occupy similar niches, or at least that was my knee-jerk. I guess I need to stop looking at it like I was and train myself to see it as a sort of evasion. Which Trample is too, but eh, I'll let it be. No sense in a shitshow, and given all the "block this or don't" mechanics they strapped to it, it makes sense how it works.

A door to nothingness-like limited win con for my superhero themed set

Why's he GW? I assume since it's a superhero set, it's because he's a hero? It's a kinda neat card though, I have to admit.

All the 'main' heroes and villains are dual colored and GW specifically will have the most access to colored mana

oh and yeah, there is a slight black and white divide between heroes and villains but its not like a big part of the set like the phyrexian spread was

Makes sense. I don't see a problem with it. I have seen a few superhero cards posted without a symbol here and there the last few threads; were those yours?

No, I believe there is another person doing some superhero stuff but I think they are actual adaptations of DC/Marvel material; not sure if they are part of a set.

Yeah that's why I mentioned the "no set symbol" thing. He's been around a while.

Main colour is black. When secondary colors are added, then their alway H/Colour.

You've checked pretty much every shitty custom card box. Congratulations.

Tell me at least why

I don't have time to list everything. Here's what you did right:

You found art depicting goblins for your cards about goblins. That's about it.

Might as well do my take on Apollo, since you used his art. Apollo is, like many of The Authority character, is just a variant take on a pre-existing DC character, in this case Superman. Apollo takes energy from sunlight, and channels it for things like flying, strength, and energy blasts. For some reason my mind thinks casting spells can be read as sunlight. I dunno. Looking for good art, internet connection sucks right now for some reason.

I'm not saying you shouldn't or can't do this, but I do want to say that if you ever reach a point where this division of colors gets in the way of making good, interesting cards, you are totally justified in dropping it. I tried doing mono-color cards with off-color costs for my entire COllection, and I dropped that years ago.

Art in use

>Disguised Goblin
Boros Recruit

>Distance-Keeping Goblin
Skinbrand Goblin

>Goblin Abomination
Spike Jester

Art in use as well, Mimeofacture.

>You found art depicting goblins for your cards about goblins. That's about it.
lol

Whoops, meant to link to Long story short, every art asset you use is currently in use by Wizards, except Goblin Hideout. Which, incidentally, looks like a screenshot of a video game.

Trying Superboy. Again.

Lore explanation would take a while if I did it the normal way, so I'm going to turn this into bullet points.

* Clone, part Kryptonian, part Human, made from splicing Superman's DNA with Lex Luthor's.
* Originally didn't have Superman's powers, but instead tactile telekinesis (TTK) that approximated them. That's what these abilities are supposed to represent.

Wait, that didn't take long at all. Whatever.

Needs wording help, since Wizards changed how P/T is changed. As for the abilities, maybe 1G, 2GG, and 3GGG? And maybe exchange Reach with Indestructible? I dunno, it's a weird design. I feel like a Figure of Destiny or Warden of the First Tree type of design would be better. Uh, first ability changes P/T, second ability makes it a Mutant with Indestructible, third ability adds counter?

Couldnt find art of little shids for my cards so I just searched for Goblins on the sites Op has given. Should look up if art is in use before using it myself.

I dont remember people pointing out the in use art thing like this before. It seems pointless. Where do you think they got the art, unless you really think its total coincidence they all got art from magic of goblins? I prefer using existing magic art when possible for random cards because it already matches the look and feel of magic, and it saves time and effort finding new art. Do people do it on the off chance someone didnt mean to do it or...? Not trying to be confrontational, just legitimately wondering what the purpose is.

Rolled 57 (1d123)

Might as well.

I guess you haven't been here long. Or maybe it's just me. But personally, I've seen dozens of people accidentally use Magic art, then replace it after it's pointed out to them. Hell, I had one guy who replaced Magic art with more Magic art! I was so hoping he'd do it a third time.

But yeah, most of the time, people here don't want to use art that's already being used for Magic cards, and they'll change it as soon as it's pointed out to them.

Maybe Im too familiar with Magic art. I cant understand how someone would pick art without knowing it was magic art all that often.

not him but

>Disguised Goblin
generally out of color, black doesn't have a lot of cheap high toughness walls except for literally one in Khans that was more of a tribe thing. It also doesn't really fall in line with goblin design which is small aggressive stuff. The effect, while I understand what you are trying to do, would never be written like that. It would just have a Goblin Human tag.

>Distance Keeping Goblin
Mixing different types of symbols is generally looked down upon. Having phyrexian mana also doesn't really make the card red so giving first strike and haste to what is essentially just a black one drop is pushing it. WotC doesn't like printing cast restriction on creatures but if you had to it would be worded as "You can't cast Distnace-Keeping Goblin unless you control two or more goblins." You never use numbers except when referring to costs and stat changes.

>Goblin Abomination
just straight up way too good. 2/3 with undying and a 2/2 with menace for 1BB is too much. Also Black and Leviathan should be capitalized.

>Goblin Hideout
The second effect should be worded as "Whenever a Goblin would die, exile it instead." Colorless mana is now a {C} notation and mana itself is usually not described as 'one/color mana' unless it was any color then look at any Paradise Bird for the wording. The last effect should be "Put a creature card exiled by Goblin Hideout onto the battlefield."

Overall you really need to learn the wording of effects and how zones work in the game. Custom MTG autists care about this stuff because one of Magic's greatest achievements is a consistent syntax.

woops not black, just Leviathan should be capitalized for Goblin Abomination

I thought this was a lot more interesting on my first read through but the effect really just ended up being a tutor in maybe like four out of every five casts. It's a perfectly fine card, just not nearly as interesting as most other FoF effects.

You pick the card you want, your opponent has to pick two incredibly shitty cards or else you would just pick the two other cards if they weren't garbage. On a fringe case that the deck has very low amount of win conditions and the opponent instead picks the last two win conditions, then it's a slightly more interesting trade-off but still probably in your favor. There is only two modes, you get what you want or you pick what the opponent foolishly gave you. It never has that FoF feel where you also maybe mix that one card into the opponent's pile.

None the less, a reasonable bomb.

Woah read it completely wrong, my bad. But even now that I read the actual effect, it's even more like a tutor.

Rolled 38 (1d123)

Probably. The same is true for me, which is why I point it out all the time. Probably because I spend a lot of time looking at Oracle text and card images. Which also leads to some odd trivia. The 10th Edition printing of Mantis Engine has Oracle text that lists flavor text that isn't featured on the card itself. At least, not on the version of the card Wizards used for Gatherer. Turns out, foil versions of cards from that set didn't have reminder text, even if the normal versions did. So the flavor text for Mantis Engine shows up only on foil versions, since with the removal of its reminder text, Wizards replaced the space used by it with flavor text. The same happened with Mirri, Cat Warrior from that set.

>U/R Sorcery, Mythic
Derp. Had an idea for converted nonpermanents cards into another nonpermanent card. Rolling again.

Rolled 52 (1d123)

rollang

Rolled 52 (1d123)

Rollan

wew

also I hate land desgisn

You got me curious why you use this one instead of the other one now. Mixing it up?

This is really cool. Cost seems about right, since it's so reliant on having a good card in your yard AND having the top seven cards hit at least two or three instants or sorceries. Very nice.

Interesting. Turning a tutor into a three card monte is kind of neat. I feel like it's a bit more of a UR thing though, given how it's got an element of "chance" to it. Might just be me though.

>tap up to two target artifacts and/or creatures defending player controls
Insert "read more Oracle text" joke here.
Seems fine otherwise. I like how he feels like an "entry level" Kryptonian, so if you were going for that flavor, you got it.

New version of Mandate. Rip into it, boyos. I get to set up a set skeleton... again... fun times, let me tell you.

Rolled 121 (1d123)

Cant do this one on nightmare mode so skippan, sorry. I have no damn clue. Only ones i could think were etb tapped and tap 2 sac draw and etb tapped etb peak at top card of your or maybe the opp's library.

Rolled 111 (1d123)

>Green Sorcery, Uncommon
What, I like counter manipulation. I'm hoping it's OK to remove counters on Green if it's doing it to your own stuff, since Green seems to be able to remove -1/-1 counters just fine. So, the idea behind removing all the counters is to remove all the counters that negatively affect your stuff.

Rolling for one more.

>You got me curious why you use this one instead of the other one now. Mixing it up?
Basically. I actually think I like this one more.

>Spell Mimicry
Thanks.

>Superboy
>Insert "read more Oracle text" joke here.
Damnit. Complications from overwriting wording of another design I had in my head. Thanks for pointing that out. And thanks for the feedback.

>Mandate
I think it should be spell only. Not sure on this, I'd have to see it in action first.

Common gold is hard

>Seeds of Vigor
Should be fine. Black is usually the counter removal color, and UG gets to move them between creatures that share a controller, so G stripping them off itself should be okay. W could also have it, I bet.
>Mandate
I have "ability" on there because I plan on featuring a lot of Advisor cards that have activated abilities/ETB stuff that Mandate will play off of. I hope it works out.

I realize you rolled WU, but this could probably be monoU too.

>UG Creature, Rare
Spin on Mystic Snake.

Idea seems OK, but I feel like it's a bit undercosted, could be wrong though. This also reads a lot better if you move the "until end of turn" bit to the front.

Oh yeah, and art in use, Lyev Skyknight.

I actually had it had just flying and curiosity, but i added the buff to make it worth being WU and to make it feel more like white's jumps

Above poster might be right; it may need to be +1/+1, but it being WU is fine. P/T buffs are more white than blue anyway. You could make it feel more white by making it an instant too. If you reduce the P/T bonus, you might be able to get away with it at the current cost.

Seems fine to me. I will probably actually have a creature like this in my set since activated/triggered abilities are going to be a secondary design theme (so... basic MtG these days then, right?)

I wanted to do dual lands along the vein of Bojuka Bog and whatnot that ETB tapped but have a bonus when you play them. Is this weak enough? I can nix the idea and do something else if need be. Or I can make it a filter land and slightly buff the ETB thing.

The problem with this is you have two upsides (the ETB effect and producing two colors of mana) but only one downside. I think these would all have to at least be uncommon. And as for ETB, maybe attach some sort of condition to it, like do something useful only if you control two Swamps and/or Forests. But then again, lands are a nightmare to design well, so I could be totally wrong.

Might as well post my own land.

I'll see what everyone else says, if I can manage to get more feedback that is. I can also make them filter lands, like I said. That might even them out while still allowing common fixing that carries some thematics with it too.
>Danny
Comics are so weird. Wasn't there an Elemental in Ravnica that was basically an animated street too? This seems balanced to me, since the counter ability is so fucking expensive.

Lyev Skynight

Still trying to get this to the finished pile, and still unsure if I should stick with this version, or the previous version that could get multiple counters from a single source of damage, but could only blow up one thing at a time.

Rumbling Slum? As for the land, do you think I should come up with another method to gather counters so it isn't so expensive? Or is this the best I can get for dealing with a land?

>Human Bomb
I personally think a single counter per source is cleaner design. Cost-wise I think he's alright; you have to jump through some hoops to get the payoff.
>Danny
I can't think of a cheaper way, no. Sadly land abilities are always going to be expensive as hell. Though, you have me wondering about the potential of a land that has an ability where the cost is discarding other lands; a land Spellshaper, so to speak.

It's almost like a weird Izzet Mox, but also a kind of sac outlet if your spells would be countered?

Anyways, considering you have to cast and then exile at least one spell to get it producing any mana at all, it seems fine.

Rolled 5 (1d123)

Roland "Wee-Bey" Brice

Rolled 50 (1d123)

I hate burn and play Tron

whoops wasn't trying to roll again

Actually a really cool idea, but it needs some polishing. This is how I'd do it:

>Taichi, WBR 3/1
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may search your hand or library for an noncreature artifact card with converted mana less than or equal to Tacihi's power, and put it into your graveyard. If searched your library this way, shuffle it.

Whenever ~ attacks, you may return target noncreature artifact card from your graveyard to the battlefield. If it's an Equipment, you may attach it to a creature you control.

Fluff is different, but. I like it more; and it's more balanced :p

Eh. I'd rather flip and exile upon death. Also, that's Mothrider Samurai.

That's one weird card I didn't know.

This If you're the same guy sas the mothrider, this is a cool spin to the honor mechanic. The fact that you want it to be embalm like, fucks it up terribly.

Lmao. Fun.

I like it o.o

Hm. I get it. Don't like it that much tho :(

Sounds great, and it's actually shit. You're going to get the card that you want either way. Try this
>search three, opponent chooses one for each, no repeats
(to)
>Exile
>Hand
>Third from top of library (could do gy)

Love the name.

This is like. One of the most iconic RTR cards.

This is n i c e.

Don't tell me this is another real hero, CO-chan.

Ehhhhhhh. Ehhhhhhhhhhhh. I think it's too okay-ish for rare. And personally, while well costed, I'd just rather draw three with a 3U sorcery.

>Amane
Nope, not the Mothrider guy. I was screwing around with an Honor/Honorable mechanic last thread but I tossed it because I don't really need it. The Dishonor mechanic I have is all I need; anything that's not dishonored is already honorable, essentially. I'm not sure if Amane works, but I hope it does, or something close.
>Brute
Thanks. Does the ability word sound at all interesting?
>Shrine
Alright, that's one that thinks it's OP and one that thinks it's fine. I'll have to gather more opinions but so far it's looking promising.
>Sage
Bumped it down to uncommon. I may or may not change "play" to "cast" to make it an actual drawback-ish feeling thing.

Wanted to make an Ape Samurai, ended up with both these apes. Then I made a Samurai :p

>Shrine.
Look. It's good. For a standard environment, it can work pretty well.- even in the current standard. But ETB tapped is more than enough to balance it; it does nothing on its own.

>Sage
You gave me a really weird idea for your card.
>1UR 2/2
When you cast ~, exile the top two cards from your library.
When ~ ETBs, draw a card. Until end of turn, you may cast a single instant or sorcery card you own from exile. If you do, exile it as it resolves.
---
[theweirdbit]
[1BR], Exile ~ from the stack: Put two cards you own from exile into your hand.

>Market
Well dishonor is interesting. I'm having conflicting emotions, because it's falling into the Bushido category.- where the name itself is a detriment to its applications. That said, I'd make it just turn it face down, and change the name. Then you've got a really cool design space that mixes really well with current designs.

First So-Shi may be a bit much, considering you have a very specific window when you HAVE to remove it else it basically can't be killed. It's a clever idea though. Second So-Shi... I like the bushido idea, but the combo of Unearth and the provoke ability just feels forced to me. Also it's too cheap, I think. Yuujin might be too hard to use unless you give him Shroud. Then he's pretty efficient as a beatstick. It's flavorful, but I dunno where the green is. I'm guessing the not-quite-hexproof counter portion of the second ability?

>shrine
Alright. Well I like to collect as many opinions as I can, so you'll have to excuse me for not marking it finished just because you say it's fine. I'm just glad the concept seems to have promise.
>Sage
Lost me on that last part. I'm not doing shards, so sadly the 1BR can't be on the card. The idea of switching the cast to an instant or sorcery card appeals to me though; I may alter the card to do that and fiddle with the costing and whatnot.
>Market
Yeah I guess, but at least unlike Bushido the concept of honor is a bit more ubiquitous. I mean there's Honor of the Pure, Geist-Honored Monk, Aegis of Honor... etc etc. It'd be a lot less wonky to reuse it than Bushido, but it'd probably never be reused again since it's a mechanic tied to -1/-1 counters. By the way, the reason I used them was so that it could be a simple to implement Turn to Frog that's permanent. It felt better to do it this way because I don't need to use any do-nothing counters and you can use dishonor effects as removal if you dishonor something twice, which is kinda nice to me from a gameplay standpoint. I'm not sure how it doesn't mix any more or less with current face-down stuff as it is already though.

Soshi's more of an experiment, the first version is a bit more viable though.

The green was more of a giant beatstick, essential indestructibility, along with green.

I meant UR, not BR x_x

along with black* Need my breakfast.

I should clarify that I don't think you should add Shroud to Yuujin, but that he's pretty risky unless you give it to him from an outside source.
>Sage
I see. That makes more sense.
>Stones
Graft reminder text needs an update. It's pretty strong in the right shell.

I want to see this as a Mystical Tutor//Fact or Fiction with fuse.

> Some creature types appear far more often in certain colors than others, or not at all in certain colors. Ergo, color pie.
In my opinion, not really. Not because two things are related to color that it means they are the same thing. I believe colorpie is more of what a color can and can't do mechanically, and can even involve creature type, but creature types are not part of the colorpie by themselves. One big different is that you can have a lot more flexibility about creature type than color-specific effects. Another is that creature type are more about flavor than about affecting the game (exception being on tribal sets and strong creature types). Its easy to stretch something flavor-wise, but stretch mechanics isn't that natural.

> but I can't use any of the +1/+1 counter stuff as long as dishonor uses -1/-1 counters. I'm guessing you think that should change though.
Nah, I was in a hurry, didn't think about that properly. I agree that you shouldn't use +1/+1 counters on your set. (though that idea could work as an aura that gives +5/+5)

> And as far as dishonoring a creature that's already dishonored, I thought about that. The result is it gets another -1/-1 counter then it dies due to SBA. That's what I want to happen, and it's a reason I really want dishonor to continue to function like it does.
Nice. I think this is a good way to handle double dishonor.

> The idea of it being temporary doesn't appeal to me because you can't just turn honor on and off like a light switch. It loses all meaning then.
I agree with you, user. I think you are handling face down creatively and also by respecting other mechanics that previously used it

Shouldn't there be a trigger for the second ability?

Interesting, though it could be a bit strong for a common. I think if you want it to be common, it should give colorless mana.

I might be wrong, but I think as soon as it stops being a creature, it loses all +1/+1 counters, don't it? I'm really not sure, I would like to know how that works

Interesting.

That looks weird as an artifact, since its a normal human.

Interesting.

>So-Shi
interesting mechanic

> Yuujin
I think the first ability is unnecessary. You could either give it haste as part of the second ability, or just give it regular unconditional haste. Also, second ability sounds confusing and weird.

> #2 So-Shi
I liked the other one better. Also, the bushido seems quite strong.

>I personally think a single counter per source is cleaner design. Cost-wise I think he's alright; you have to jump through some hoops to get the payoff.
Thanks.

>Danny
Yeah, kinda figured. Eh, I can live with it.

>card
Seems OK, I guess. It doesn't really have a downside, since letting you choose what gets exiled means you'll just choose something you plan to use later on anyway, probably a land.

Oh my god that first ability seems like a totaly pain in the ass. Also, what the fuck is with that ult? Why does it hit you too? And what makes you think exiling hands and libraries is White?

>That's one weird card I didn't know.
Weird cards are my specialty.

>Don't tell me this is another real hero, CO-chan.
Danny the Street was created for Doom Patrol, a superhero team known among comic fans for its weird concepts. Here's a brief excerpt from Wikipedia talking about a few of their villains.
>Red Jack is a near-omnipotent being who thinks he is both Jack the Ripper and God. He lives in a house without windows, torturing butterflies to create the pain he needs to survive.
>The Brotherhood of Dada are an anarchistic group who fight against reality and reason. It features members such as Sleepwalk, who can only use her tremendous powers when asleep (she takes sleeping pills and listens to Barry Manilow before battles), and The Quiz, who literally has "every superpower you hadn't thought of" and a pathological fear of dirt.
>The Scissormen, a race of beings that attack non-fictional beings in the "real world" (i.e., the world the Doom Patrol live in) with their large scissor-like hands and literally cut people out of reality.
Pic attached is another Doom Patrol villain

>Shouldn't there be a trigger for the second ability?
Damn, thanks. That's what I get for copy-pasting.

>I might be wrong, but I think as soon as it stops being a creature, it loses all +1/+1 counters, don't it? I'm really not sure, I would like to know how that works
Nope, it keeps the counters. I'm honestly curious why you think it would lose them. The last ability only changes the land's types and gives it P/T, it doesn't say anything about counters.

And just so you know, pic related has this ruling
>3/1/2010: Any +1/+1 counters put on Raging Ravine remain on it even after it stops being a creature. They’ll have no effect until it becomes a creature again.

> Animal-Thing-Morething-Thingy
The 4/4 Golem seems a lot stronger than both other forms. "indestructible" is by far stronger than "trample" or/and "hexproof". He could be 3/3 or even 2/2 on the indestructible form. (I would go for 2/2). Actually, here a suggestion:
> Animal-Thing-Otherthing-Thingy, 1GG, Creature - Thingy, 2/2, "1G: Choose one: get +4/+0 and has trample until end of turn; get +0/+4 and has hexproof until end of turn; or has indestructible until end of turn. Choose only one each turn."
You should review the wording, but I think this is far more interesting. It would let you mix stuff (in the picture, seems like he can mix shit up), as well as let you use it as response to your opponent's bullshits. Also, I think that giving the types is a bit too much, seems quite unnecessary really. People get the flavor already from the picture + ability. :)

>3/1/2010: Any +1/+1 counters put on Raging Ravine remain on it even after it stops being a creature. They’ll have no effect until it becomes a creature again.
I had my doubts, but I'm actually happy to know it works like this :) thanks user (in my head it also makes sense to keep the counters, but sometimes my mind and WotC don't agree with each other haha)

Page 10 bump.

>Page 10 bump.

Is the 'it' not ambiguous there?

Bizump

>Serpentblood Shrine
How about something like this?
>Sage
>Guard
Ok.

>Sage
I changed it to be 1UR, 2/1, and exile an instant or sorcery. I think it's a bit spicier this way. It's also uncommon now but I could change it back.

Seems fine to me. Minor drawback for minor undercosting, since it'd be on-curve at 2GW.

I have never seen this dude before. Hm. I think I agree with that the "it" would be ~ instead, typically. Keep in mind, you can use @ to make sure it keeps the wordiness down too. Pretty sure you already know that though.

>I changed it to be 1UR, 2/1, and exile an instant or sorcery. I think it's a bit spicier this way. It's also uncommon now but I could change it back.
Please give me the exact text of the ETB ability.

>Robotman
I was thinking I might be able to get away with it with how Wizards seems to be making their wording less strict, but I will change it back. And yes, I know about @. I used it twice on the card.

>cards
I don't really know how to balance these, sorry. I will say though that BG seems nigh useless, WB uses a WU ability, and I'm pretty sure the dual lands from Theros all used Scry like the UR one.

Here's the new sage.

As far as the dual lands are concerned, I was just concerned about being told they were a bit too good a few times. So I decided to see if I could make some decent filter lands that trade the limit of being able to only make two types of mana for having an ETB effec so they play nice with the themes of the set. I do want to make "new, speshul" common dual lands. Or.. maybe I should make fetches that have ETB abilities? Like Terramorphic Expanse, but each one only fetches two types of basic land corresponding to the enemy pairs, and it has an ETB besides that. The land you fetch ETBs tapped, of course.
>Robotman
You caught me jokin'. I mean if you have precedent for it being "it" then by all means. I'm just going off conditioning here.

Hm, now that I think about it I wonder if I should have this be "then discard a card unless blah blah exile...". As it is if you don't have an instant or sorcery you just draw two cards. That's kinda... bullshit. Dunno why I didn't see that at the time.

I was about to say this, but you caught it. Good on you.

I do right sometimes.