Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Please don't fall for obvious bait, edition.

Last Thread >FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Deader than the Emperor.

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByORSmF1JmKyWDVpZzJpa0xQdDA
youtube.com/watch?v=IcHS2FKQUWs
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Eldar!

First for Faith and Fire!

Nth for why aren't sisters viable

Is it alright to take two wabosses?

Mortarion is best husbando

They are though.

First for necrons
WE WUZ ORGANIC AN SHEIT

*Drukhari

Anyone else here play Ulthwe?

If you take anything but warbosses you're a git.

List builder should be brought back. New GW better not be a difference face to cover old GW.
It's a better roster creator than anything else currently available or in development.

So which faction has the best fliers?
What would you fill your airwing detechment with to show superior taste compared to stormraven spammers?

Fuck off eldar.

I have OOE and want to build 2-4 carnifexes for him to support. Whats a good equipment loadout now? Do i stick with deathspitters or are the bigger guns worthwhile?

>inb4 OOE buff debate

Lamest eldar have d weapons that automatically hit, combined with psyker pilots.

Their cooler cousins have the most efficient flyers though.

>short range weapons
>WS4+ S3 T3 A1 CCW

18th for interracial love!

Hypothetical brawl between the two biggest fags here, GGA and RGG. 50PL. Who wins?

>36+2d6 inch first turn movement on an open topped transport with the ability to cheaply take 4 flamers or meltas for the unit inside.

any suggestions for a good case to transport a guard army with like 10 tanks and 100 infantry?

Don't bring OOE if you're using dakkafexes. He only buffs melee hits.

OOE only buffs their hit rolls in Fight phase. You don't run him with shooty fexes. You take them stock with the double scything talons and thresher scythe, add adrenal, and maybe add bio-plasma if you have the spare points.

Gorgons.

So is Nid zilla possible this edition? And playable

Youse about to go on a trip ya git!

the things have changed old man, melee is in now

Upset, Mon'keigh?

It's definitely possible, probably not optimal, but you could make a few good lists with it I think.

You need at least some mid-size or small bugs to make it decent, though.

Is a 12 carnifex list doable.

Hello filename.
Got more to show us there user?

Ya I know its just a melee buff - I was just wondering the extra one melee attack vs the versatility of 6 or d6 shots on the way in.

Is it purely a points saving thing to take the scything talons or is it really worth the trade off?

>le not cannon archon that dont even deserve a model.

No. Carnifexes are only good against certain targets, they're not TAC units. Tarpits will fuck them. Also any decent player will just focus down OOE first turn because he can't hide.

dimachaeron x4
Exocrine x3
Swarmlord
salt and pepper

>Lamest eldar have d weapons that automatically hit

Atleast they don't have strength d

Dose the tellyporta instant kill or do mortal wounds on 6s?

I could. I have SUCH wonders, user...Also as for the BSDM thing. I have no idea why I named it that. Most of the shit I have is BSDM. I'm an idiot. Must have been high (medication, not illegal dude weed LMAO shit).

Most of my stuff here is heretical NSFW.

thresher scythes are good against tarpits.

double scything against everything else

Fuck. Isn't BSDM. It isn't.

Thresher scythe math
>average 8 attacks
>average 4 hits
>average 2.6 wounds against GEQ
>average 1.7 wounds after saves
Congrats your 100+ point Carnifex may have killed two 3-point conscripts on slightly above average rolls.

In only 25 Fight phases he might work his way out of that conscript blob tarpit.

is better than

>Also, don't pretend WHFB is anything more than Lord of the Rings.

I wasn't? I'm in favour of naming stuff non-generically. WHFB does it the worst.

Wait, Dimachaeron's are good now? I flicked over them and they looked meh.

>now
They were always good user. The main thing holding them back last edition was being too fucking slow, now they have a 12" move.

>people still getting pissed that GW was told Imperial Guard was not a legally protectable name

Who the fuck cares?

Dark Eldar battalion.
HQs
-Archon 68pts
power sword, blast pistol
-Succubus 82pts
Glaive, blast pistol

Troops
-5 warriors 35pts
-5 wytches 53pts
agonizer, razorflails (I know but it's all I have for them)
-10 warriors 85pts
splinter cannon

Elites
-8 trueborn 152pts
agoniser, blaster x4
-5 trueborn 95pts
dark lance x2
-5 incubi 90pts

transports
-raider 116pts
dark lance, shock prow
-raider 116pts
dark lance, shock prow
-venom 95pts
splinter cannon

fast attack
-6 reavers 244
heat lance x2, grav talon x2, agoniser
-5 scourges 122pts
power lance, haywirex4

heavy support
-talos 147pts
scalpel, ichor injector, heatlance x2

1500/1500 points

Succubus takes +2 movement, wytches take +1 attack and the reavers take +1 toughness.
Raider one is 5 wytches amd 5 warriors. raider two is 8 trueborn, the archon and the succubus while the venom carries the incubi.

That's all good, right?

You have disappointed me user
That was a good picture which would've been better as a panel in a really hot comic.

No idea, it's like people don't want their setting to be unique.

That's what I meant. They were too slow to get anywhere but now they have lost all their cool special abilities. But if they're better now, that's interesting. They get a 5++ if they kill an infantry model.

Kills TEQs and vehicles with a turn one charge with assistance from the Swarmlord.

Not him bu i also tought they were meh but i see them getting spam in nidzilla lists.
they are good in nidzilla, because 4 of them can flank an army given their speed i guess.

dont forget at least 3x warrior squad for synapse.

huh, guess you need harupexes then

See

>lost all their cool special abilities
They only had one, which was getting FnP after killing things with a specific weapon, now it's an invuln save. That ability is pretty much inconsequential, it's just a bit of added flavour.

Step 3.1: Choose Unit to Shoot With explicitly states " You may not pick a unit that Advanced or Fell Back this turn, or a unit that is within 1" of an enemy unit."

Does this not mean you will never have an opportunity to fire your Assault Weapons, since it only allows the individual model to fire, but you can never pick the unit that model is in due to step 3.1?

Likewise for Pistols for units within 1" of an enemy. The rule allows MODELS to fire but you'll never be legally able to pick the unit for shooting in the first place.

Haywire bad.
Heat lance good

And? I fail to see the problem with this. This shit has been around for fucking decades. Explain why it's a problem and what should be used instead.

Shit.
Is he right

You're fucking dumb because specific rules overrule generic rules.

Now take your stupid fucking magic cards and shove them right up your blood encrusted hairy asshole, you shit eating card playing rules faggot.

You can build an hald dakkafex, loses just 1 attack compared to a melee fex but retains half of the shooting.

Huh. That's neat.

I see, this makes sense. I wasn't thinking of using multiples of them.

Shit, what am I thinking of? I thought there was a Nid which targetted leaders and shit and hate their brains and got better for it? Wasn't that the Dimacherons? Or something else?

Here's the carrion throne audio book if anyone wants it. Can someone be a bro and toss up a mega or google drive link to paradox?

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByORSmF1JmKyWDVpZzJpa0xQdDA

whatisbioflail.jpg.png
its4times12hitsvsconscriptsbtfoastramilitarum.gif

Hell no, they're almost as bad and cost almost 3x as much.

Again average 8 attacks, 4 hits
3.33 Wounds
2.77 failed saves

Also I messed up on the Carnifex math, forgot they get -1 AP on the thresher, so they ended up with 2.22 kills.

You're paying 287 points on a Haruspex for an extra 0.55 unsaved Wounds against conscripts. Then they might get an extra two attacks with their claws for killing some and maybe get one more kill.

GW fucked nid MCs again with this Weapon Skill 4+ horseshit.

>Shit, what am I thinking of?
90 points.

youtube.com/watch?v=IcHS2FKQUWs

>wanted to see Orks vs this meme army
>Immediately tranny

Some units in FWs tuff has half the point cost of what the PL would suggest

I am expecting errata soonish

>whatisbioflail.jpg.png
A weapon that has utterly broken RAW which is about to get FAQ'd to shit

Not this stupid fucking thing again

Ahhh that's it. Thanks bro. Doiii.

Roll a d6, if the result is higher than their wounds they are slain.

So very good at killing weakened characters or light vehicles, not great against big vehicles.

Why have you brought this to us brother

>GW fucked nid MCs again with this Weapon Skill 4+ horseshit.
Lots of the monsters are very good against vehicles, but not the Haruspex. It's claws do barely as much damage as a melta gun on average. Tyranid monsters aren't bad in general, the Haruspex is just an outlier.

Where is that SoB art from on the thumbnail?

>le butthurt conscript waacfag

How many Tau Commanders do you own?

>take below average looking, out of shape, skinny fat, community college drop-out/permanent student dweeb
>put him in bad wig and stereotypically girly clothes that nobody outside Utah wears
>other mentally deficient, emotionally stillborn betafats go wild on the internet

I thought it was a meme too man, then I got hit wit h the truth

I just got off a 12 hour shift, I wanted everyone to suffer

No idea

Please show me the specific rule that lets you select a unit that has advanced or is within 1" of an enemy in the shooting phase.

Blood Pact artillery army, yay or nay?

This is the 40k equivalent of Khorne Bloodbound Bloodsecrators

I know everyone is getting rustled over Maggotmancer but what the hell is "Slopmaw"

NOT GOOD ENOUGH. FIND IT FOR ME.

Where Is the source for that pic. My God that is beautiful

With Coteaz I own one every time he decides to deep strike within fusion range.

The assault weapon type and the pistol weapon type

>b-b-but they just allow you to SHOOT, not to SELECT them to shoot

Don't talk to me or my friendly game stores son ever again.

WHO CARES ABOUT THE NAMES? THE GODS ARE RETARDS. LET THEM CALL THEIR SHIT WHAT THEY WANT. IF IT MEANS MORE UNITS I AM HAPPY.

REeeeEEE!

None of the monsters are good against vehicles except the Trygon. Why? Because it actually has a decent weapon skill and number of attacks.

For some reason the Carnifex, a beast that is supposed to be as good in melee as a Space Marine, is hitting on the same roll as a Guardsman, and then gets a -1 to hit with the Crushing Claws unlike every other Dreadnought equivalent vehicle/monster.

And war, war never changes.

12 is a lot but you can easily make a carnifex heavy list of 8-10, you just need a good counter to tar pits. Tervigons and 50/50 blobs of gants throw out 60x(4+)S4 shots, rerolling 1s to both hit and wound until the tervigon dies turn 1-2. Even without him they still do well. You will run in to issues with synapse tho if you aren't mindful of it.

I wonder ..if you field 2 tervigons and 2 gant blobs, swarmlord + something for him to torpedo, 2 units of warriors and OOE how many carnifexes you could fit.

>by wonder i mean too lazy to make a list

Nothing in those rules overrides the prohibition on selecting the unit. They only allow MODELS to fire.

Sounds to me you're butt-hurt because the rules don't allow you to shoot.

I play nids dumbdumb, Forge World shit is all full of broken rules and they're working on the FAQ right now. That flail doesn't work the way you think it does.

heat lance expensive :(

How would one even design a Festering Poxshaman? I'd imagine something like a Death Guard guy blinged out with tokens and talismans of rotten wood and moldy feathers, standing in a shuffling sort of pose like a fantasy Orc Shaman, but I think a pose like that would look godawful on a Marine.

Or am I missing some really obvious design choice?

>17 seconds in
>have to exit tab and purge history

I remember seeing this fanart drawing of a noise marine with a SoB nailed to a shoulderpad or something crazy like that, anyone happen to have that picture on hand?

>swarmlord + something for him to torpedo
Waste of time, take two Flyrants instead so you can charge flyers.

>ACTCHUALLY

You don't play this game IRL and do not have the spine to bring something this stupid up in front of actual people.

You know what happened when in 5th edition terminators did not actually have terminator armor listed in their wargear?

People still played them as terminators. That's because in real life people have agency over the games they play and do not require the rulebook to spend 10 pages defining the difference between "selecting to shoot" and "shooting". Giving into this sort of ridiculous rules binding is partially what caused Warmahordes to sink like a stone.

I believe you may be more inclined to play Magic the Gathering rather than something that requires even a modicrum of player agency or interpretation over the rules. You should go to their general thread.