/hou/

New Hour of Devastation spoiler thread: Red cucked again edition

Also here's the stupid fucking wurm people were bitching for.

>cucked
you have to be at least 16 to post here.

T. Mad Red Mage

>Not a sandwurm
>just Rhonas's pet wurm
WHERE IS THE SANDWURM

Red mages, when will they learn?

If only they would print good ramp again

t. salty green mage

>Set has no mythics left
>Set has no rares left either
You aren't getting it. Deal with this. It's pretty good for what it is.

>Sorcery

So close yet still so far

>WHERE CAN WE SEEK REFUGE
there... arnun

It's shit. At least Blasphemous Act was amazing for EDH, why is Red so bad?

It's obviously on the surprise bonus sheet, like Time Spiral! Which is nothing but sandwurms! Yeah, that's it!
I should stop joking around about such things, I only go with the most ridiculous bullshit but people take it seriously. Then again, considering the other shit that gets said around here, I can't blame them

Eh, im pretty sure that card is at least edh playable. For 1 more mana than a wrath you also kill planeswalkers and say fuck you to indestructible. Thats fair.

How often are wraths instant speed? I can't think of any instant wraths off the top of my head but I might be retarded.

Maybe playable in some sort of R/X control. The fact theres something hitting walkers is nice.

There are some but they are typically not. The more powerful ones are not

I remember Quicken + Supreme Verdict
those were the days

Almost never. Even the damage-dealing ones are almost always sorcery speed, with the instant-speed ones being stuck at 2 damage or less.
I'm counting four exceptions so far - Inferno, first printed in The Dark and last printed in 8th Edition (7 mana, does 6 damage), Starstorm from Onslaught and commander (XRR, won't hit walkers), overloaded Street Spasm from RtR (XXRR haha fuck that) and Fault Line from Urza's Saga (XRR)

Here it comes lads, another batch of good cyclers!

Post them or shut up

>"We gotta be careful bruh"
>still get absolutely blown the fuck out

This cards is absolut flavour fail in this set
Awesome art wish they used it for some good red rare

>that flavortext
Almost as bad as the new Lili demon's.
>that art
LET'S GET STARTED
FIGHT!

That artwork and flavor text is extremely unsettling.

To be fair, it's a little late NOW to try and come up with a plan for fighting Bolas. As Ajani pointed out, that should probably have been step 2, after step 1 was "avoid fighting Bolas until you have as many planeswalkers as possible backing you up because that dragon will fuck shit up."

>step 1 was "avoid fighting Bolas until you have as many planeswalkers as possible backing you up because that dragon will fuck shit up."
Step 1 SHOULD have been "someone go get fucking Umezawa" as he was the only one to ever fuck up Bolas in a fair fight.

How did he even do it? Anything special?

Used some sorta trickery to get Bolas to leave his physical body and go into his Meditation Realm, blew his physical body up with a very powerful spell, entered and fought what was left of him in the Meditation Realm, iirc.

Tragic Lift?

Blew up Bolas's physical body and this shrine that Bolas was using as a mana locus to maintain his power in Dominaria along with it.

With the shrine gone Bolas couldn't remain in Dominaria so he ran away

>Ajani: We need to go find Umezawa. He knows how to fight Bolas
>Chandra: Who the fuck is Umezawa?
>Gideon: Does he enjoy FAIR and HONORABLE combat? Hahaha!
>Jace: He's obviously a very powerful mage. I deduced this, because Blue.

Yeah, this would go over so very well.

>sometime in 2018 there's going to be a story feature card where Ajani just says "What did I tell you?"

See
He fucked up Bolas so hard he never went back to Dominaria out of fear of the guy. That's probably what this army is for. And it's fucking hilarious because Umezawa wasn't even a planeswalker or even a mage, he's a fucking archer.

I fucking hate the Jacetice League.

this set fucking sucks

ixalan was spoiled on purpose because this set is awful and they were worried people would completely lose interest

One important thing to note is that Umezawa kicked Bolas' ass Pre-Mending. The guy's a stone cold badass.

To be fair, he is the great-great-great grandson of Toshiro Umezawa, so he's not totally ordinary.

>Umezawa wasn't even a planeswalker or even a mage, he's a fucking archer

Are you entirely sure about that?

>He fucked up Bolas so hard he never went back to Dominaria out of fear of the guy.
>Umezawa kicked Bolas' ass Pre-Mending.
Dude fuck the Gatewatch, I want to see Umezawa go on an ass kicking adventure across the multiverse.

He's also been dead for a long time.

But you can always check out the Legends set!

Just because they taught him how to use one spell doesn't make him a mage, he's still primarily an archer. If I show you how to shoot a gun, does that make you a marksman?

Unfortunately he's kinda stranded on Dominaria seeing as he isnt a Planeswalker. Also he's probably either dead or dying of old age at this point.

It's like you've never played Might & Magic.

>If I show you how to shoot a gun, does that make you a marksman?

I mean, yeah, basically.

And it's also not the only spell he ever used.

If someone can summon a fucking meteor shower to defeat a small army I really don't get how you can argue that he's "Just an archer"

I know some Dominarian humans live a long time, but Tetsuo thew down with Bolas like five hundred years ago at this point. He might have a descendant somewhere but I'd imagine he's super-dead.

Also remember kids, the last time Bolas did anything pre-mending was him going around during Time Spiral and killing EVERY SINGLE Umezawa he could find, and also bitch-slapping the Myojin of Night's Reach.

>Bolas returns to Dominaria ages later
>He has an army of stone zombies in tow
>"I'M BACK YOU SAD SACKS OF SHIT, BRING ME UMEZAWA!"
>A little girl steps forth
>"Who the FUCK are you?"
>"YOUR PROM DATE YOU UGLY SACK OF SH--I mean uh Umezawa's Granddaughter"
>"Well where the fuck is he?"
>"Nigga he dead."
>"FUCK."
>Bolas forgot normal humans age
>He went through all this trouble for fucking nothing
Please let this happen.

I was looking over the cards and they all seem to be catered toward casuals. Even the cards that seem to have potential are much too slow

Let's see tomorrow if they release another uncommon that will break standard on accident, that's the last hope of this set making any impact anywhere

>let's go into bolas's plane without any plan and try to fuck up something 10 times as powerful as all of us combined
>"strategic planning"

flavor fail.

>that's the last hope of this set making any impact anywhere
This set is great for EDH though.

And then he retires to his cake and reads books forever The End. Bolas going out as a shaggy-dog story would just be the best.

That's a pretty shitty common. I thought they spoiled those last.

Did you mean to type cake?

Summon Cake card when?

It's a doggy dog world man.

Ironically helps Kefnet (creature) hit his able to attack threshold.

>Manticore Eternal
>Doesn't have eternalize

Name one recent set that hasn't been good for EDH.

Such is life for magic's story-related cards.

>I cast both Akromas and Karona
And so forth

Eternals have afflict you thick fuck

>Creature - Zombie Manticore
It's called an eternal because it's already eternalized. Hence why it's blue abadee abadye

There's a bunch of creatures like that, they've got afflict.

>be vewy vewy quiet
>we'we hunting eldew dwagons

"Also, the pets of the gods are automatically Worthy, send them on over too."
The player's guide DID say the viziers were autoworthy, after all.

>not having your pets in the cool afterlife you're gunning for
Bolas knows what's up.

Khans was fucking trash.

Khans had the khans bruv, and in fact I think all of them were good in commander

Bolas' first action after reviving was to ensure he wiped out every living descendant of the Umezawa bloodline (and to kill the Myojin of Night's Reach while he was at it, because she's the reason the Umezawas were even on Dominaria).

>All these convoluted plans have all been for the sole purpose of helping Bolas get revenge on Umezawa

Shouldn't this have been in the last set? Or hell, even the Kaladesh block. Maybe it's a flavor win, deciding to make a plan after blindly walking into enemy territory and making a giant show of it.

Also the art is laughably bad. Nothing says "planning ahead" like two guys standing akwardly on a rooftop.

More like 5 millennia. Portal is BEFORE urza's birth

Horse Token

>new wurm
>not a sandwurm
>not even legendary and 20/20

I assume Bolas can change size otherwise this picture is way off

The Bolas ears, kek. Stupid fucking block.

Eternal Tokens are the coolest tokens

SHRINKY DINK

Soon, my brother

It's almost as though Wizards was really bad about continuity, especially the details

Chocolate Angel of Desolation

He's dead and I think bolas went back to Dominaria during the mending to wipe out his bloodline.

I think it's cool that this picture is first person

Yoooooooo. Eternalize for 4? Fuck yeah.

So I'd never noticed it before, but prior to this plane, there had only been one male angel in all of MTG canon (Malach of the Dawn). Why does Amonkhet have male angels when no other plane has them? All of the angels there are fairly conspicuously male, so it should could be reasoned that they're all that way. Did Bolas make them?

Also gotta pitch a card but yeah. You could do that blue buried alive dude to him and you can kinda mitigate the pitch in an embalm/eternalize deck while also making raw ca

>what is perspective

>make a card named after the set
>ITS SHIT
gg boys this set is garbage.

Bolas is gayer than the babadook

Might be exlained in the art book but havent seen it yet. One of their goals was to make the plane feel weird so weird angels probably contributes to that

That's honestly more terrifying than anything from new Innistrad block

>Did Bolas make them?
signs are pointing to that, yeah

Angels are manifestation of white mana.

Mana goes through leylines.

Bolas fucked up the leylines to make them more like him, so probably a side effect of that.

>The plane you're on is an endless desert with one habitable area in a magic bubble
>you feel the need to breed camels to cross the desert even though there's nothing to go to