Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Piracy Edition:
What was the last good booty your character plundered? Does he go for the easiest mark or the most challenging targets? Does he run a tight ship?

Pathfinder link repository (/pfg/): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Starfinder link repository (/sfg/): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Current /sfg/ Thread: (Cross-thread)
Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1b-iLg-ncd7JuvvIdSJtDqrzM4bJmePVfb87-11iETS0/edit?usp=sharing
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You might be autistic
Page 6 /pgg/

it goes in all fields. Fuck off faggot with your /pgg/ autism and early posting

>not letters of marque
>not flying your nations colors
>not capturing pirate vessels
>not capturing enemy nations ships

Privateer all the way.

A friend once tried to run a campaign where we played privateers with letters of marque from andoran, but the game fell apart mostly because pathfinder's naval combat rules are a trainwreck.

Should have been from Cheliax.

Ever choosing to be stuck on a boat is a mistake. I'd rather do a purely underground dorf fort type thing.

>martial
>caring about mentals

Piffle! We love FREEDOM and were happy to liberate slaver ships throughout the inner sea.

You can still capture slaver ships!

I made a Sylph for an Inner Seas campaign, with the idea that he was born near the Eye of Abendego. He was probably born to and raised by pirates. So, what would life be like near the Sodden Lands, the Shackles, or pirating on the southern seas?

As Chelaxians. You probably couldn't because they're pretty pro slaver.

I made an archetype for a class that was just released into playtest a few days ago.
docs.google.com/document/d/1b-iLg-ncd7JuvvIdSJtDqrzM4bJmePVfb87-11iETS0/edit?usp=sharing
Tell me how I can make it better before I start questioning just how autistic I am.

There is no room for competition! All other slavers must go!

So aside from everything DSP produces, what are the official /pfg/ approved 3pp classes?

They'll raid the slavers and then sell the slaves again.

Not official, but been looking at the Spheres of Power system from Drop Dead Studios. It's an alternative system of magic that eschews vancian casting in favor of basic at-will abilities that can be augmented by using finite spell points. It features unique classes, and can be adapted to other classes via archetypes as well. Design seems, on the face of it, pretty sound. A PoW and SoP party would probably be fucking badass.

SoP
N Jolly
FFS

We were on page 6, fuckface.

P A G E 6
A G E 6 P
G E 6 P A
E 6 P A G
6 P A G E

can we just be /pfg/ again in the future since /sfg/ exists and therefore being /pgg/ is both misleading and irrelevant?

Part and parcel for paizo threads really

Has FFS done anything besides the Avowed yet?
So SoP classes are basically 4e psionics?
Also, what about the RH Occultist and the Ertw Beguiler?

No psionics are psionics.

FFS has the spellburst savant.

Spellburst Savant, which is actually quite cool.

>What was the last good booty your character plundered?
Our ship's courtesan.

aaaaaaaaaaa

Atta boy

I know the feeling

Courtesans don't count. Plunder freely given is hardly plunder at all.

aaaaaa

>N Jolly
that reminds me, has anyone played the thaumaturge or the kinetic shinobi?

I still won't turndown an oversized chest when it's offered to me.

>What was the last good booty your character plundered? Does he go for the easiest mark or the most challenging targets? Does he run a tight ship?
I'm the ship's resident spellcaster. Recently we found a colony town out in the middle of fuck all nowhere. We burnt it to the ground, killed the men, and took the women.

Well, we killed most of the women, took a few. My job is to make sure they're compliant. The job of an enchanter is never done.

Would you say it was an amazing chest?

To other players, do you keep notes (IC or otherwise) from previous sessions?

In previous years I did so, but I lost my zeal for such embellishments as time went on. The uptick in biweekly things and people apping leads me to believe there is some kind of trick people use to stay hype.

The finest I've seen in quite some time, user.

So what happened in Dragons2 last night

You're the hero every ship needs.
Just better hope that you don't get a replacement any time soon, or you might join some of your old targets as a stress reliever

Would you all consider the Avowed to be T3 or T4 like its warlock predecessor?

My character is a 60 year old fat guy. Besides if they want to replace me I hope they like no longer having a ship. I'll tear this fucking place apart.

Absolutely.

t3 at current, yeah.

T3

ech
female enchanters are way better desu

Fairly new to 3.PF
Can you jump in a charge?
Can you jump and attack a dude who's in the air?

Absolutely t3 I mean...

Nigga I'm a pirate. I'm payed to do my fucking job, not be a pretty face.

>Not being a member of an all-female crew
Shit taste confirmed.

I hope everyone is having fun tonight!

This guy gets it.

I loved Warlock when I played 3.5, so Avowed is its Pathfinder 3pp successor? What does it do better this time around?

pretty much everything

If it makes you feel better everyone but the captain and one other crew member think I'm a nubile exotic female due to illusion magic. My character does this because he's hiding his identity because he's a war criminal bad enough that even pirates might turn him in.

Avowed, as a class, can do virtually anything. I actually kind of hate that fact, since it steps on a lot of toes.

That does actually make me feel better!

I've got a character, does it work?

Is s/he employed anywhere?
If so then yes, if not then no.

It does whatever you build it to do. Except healing, though "put ranks in UMD" means you kinda can do that too.

:hand_ok:

Being an NPC sounds really annoying and boring. Not looking forward to it.

C3 needs to be killed

I'm going to laugh when a bunch of celebs get turned away from Ensoulment and are too butthurt to make their guest appearances.

Wrath of the Righteous only allows ONE male application.

Which do you think is up to snuff? What kind of character do you want to see as the male slot?

None of them are any good, I'm still waiting for a real competitor to show up.

I wouldn't be upset if I didn't make it into Ensoulment but honestly it just seems like a lot of trouble to make a guest appearance. It's probably more than just showing up and roleplaying, I'd think you'd need to update your sheet to where ever the DM needs it and discuss with him a lot the kind of plot he's using your character for for the day.

Back up your claim or keep quiet.

Does anyone know of any non-shit sites or discords where I can play some one-shots?

I want a chance to try out a Magician diplomancer

I always assumed the guest star slots would just be for pure RP in the court itself.

So recently I had one of my fellow party members killed. I did not do so directly, but I realized that him staying alive would fuck me over in the long run. I talked with the GM about it and hired an assassin through a false identity, the assassin then dumping the body to ensure resurrection was difficult to impossible. Out of character the player does not know his fight with the strange assassin and death was payed for by me.

Am I a monster?

Your character is, yes.
And that makes the game interesting.

Yes.

Wet

Eh, if its too much trouble why would I try

They're all shit. It's obvious, just look at them. Hell even the vast majority of female apps are shit too. It makes sense since WotR is destined to follow in TSS's footsteps.

I would absolutely guest star for Protag-San. He's so charming!

What level are you, your dead companion and how much did it cost to kill him?

At least Rory's a mediocre GM. Better than Tuv.

Hi Disk.
Hi Sappy.

Wrong but a cute shot, i'm not sappy

I'm just saying, if I'm in another game on the game day, it may be too difficult to be worth trying to guest star, so why bother?

We're both level 7. Hiring the assassin cost me 4000 gold pieces plus another 500 for the body dump.

Never said it was only going to be one male.
Of the current male applications, one is likely to be a pick, and there's another one that might be picked as well.
Also
>One of my friends
Nope, unless you use the extremely loose meaning when acquaintance would be the more precise word.

Barsali and Leonard are good.

Tell me about your F/Z megacrossover on fanfic.net tuvarkz.

>doesn't want to be the lecherous old man that fucks hot women one third his age, gets drunk of his ass every night, and gets into all kinds of shenanigans

user, I'm a little disappointed in you today.

Which one is likely to be a pick? You already announced it in the spaghetti post, so don't be coy.

Did you ever get that laptop?

>Never said it was only going to be one male.
But you did.
>inb4 impostor

Why do you goad them, just don't respond and stop giving them anything to work with. Are you aiming for Rory/Vult infamy?

Ehh, my opinion is that players should hash out conflicts themselves unless something is agreed to beforehand, since losing a character is a pretty big deal. The potential for drama and nofun is just too high, as is the potential for bias from the GM.

I'd probably squash the entire idea if I was running the game. I don't mind a little meta to keep things running smoothly.

How did you arrive at that number? For legal reasons of course.

How many games of Dota2 have you ruined by being Peruvian, and how salty are you that Smash/mstco/ztoc got banned?

[Ridiculous assumption about Celebrity Player and currently advertised campaign]

>Are you aiming for Rory/Vult infamy?
That's basically the only kind of fame Tuv can get.

[assertion that you instead are a faggot]

I negotiated for that price and made several threats after revealing I knew the assassin's actual identity and that killing me would cause him to be immediately revealed publicly. However he still deserved what I believed was fair pay.

[confirmation that this occurred in the discord]

[Wild defense that insinuates you are the celebrity player]

This is why you don't use the same name fucking everywhere guys, if you've got a fanfiction.net account, you don't want people finding that out

[Overzealous defense that makes Celebrity Player look worse]