Cash out your initial investment

I know you some of you aren't too good at this investing stuff, so I'm just here to tell you that you should cash out your initial investment as soon as you've at least doubled, or trippled in my case. Now I'm literally only playing with profits. I'm completely safe. If this shit crashes tomorrow, I've lost nothing. Chasing gains can be fun, but a good invester also knows when to play it safe so he'll never be burned on an investment.

I cashed out double my $200 initial investment and now playing with about 2k. feelsgood

Very nice user. I just cashed out my $2500 initial and now playing with my $5000 profits. How long have you been playing the markets? How did you 10x and in what time period?

almost 2 weeks. Verge.

BLESS. I'm curerntly sitting on a nice amount of Verge. Hoping to ride it to $1

I truly agree.
Three time is good because you still got some leverage.

Also, checked.

dumb fucking fallacy.

if you cash out your initial investment now, and then lose the rest, you've still lost money relative to your position today, which is what matters, not your initial position.

either stay in or get out, you arent playing 'for free' as you think, you are just hard hedging 30% of your portfolio into usd because youre a dumb pussy

> cashing out your initial investment should be the first thing you do after doubling it

Only brainlets and normies still have their initial investments in crypto...

you are very, very stupid

not an argument

keep hedging into usd

you're so fucking dumb its unreal

I've lost so much if I take out my principal I'll only have about 400 or 500 in cryptos. Not enough to make serious gains with. Trying to get to 5k then cashing my initial 1700 investment

So many dumbfucks on Veeky Forums

I can't wait for the suicide threads

I've 10x my initial investment - I'll start cashing out once I'm a millionaire

What is that retarded logic? that doesn't make you safe, you can still lose just as much

False. You still owe taxes on all your trades and no it's always this way the new law just clarifies this. Unless you're not a burger then you're good.

The nightmare scenario is that you lose more than you owe. Like you put your 30k stack on some scamcoin and it drops to near zero. You owe 10k to the IRS yet don't have the funds.

not an argument.

less than 10% of my portfolio is in crypto.

Rebalancing and diversifying makes sense, cashing out and holding usd is dumb

You won't. I have a coworker with 50BTC, already a millionaire in USD and he won't cash out because he's convinced it's going to 100k.

You, like him, are just gamblers with no sense of risk or perspective. Your coins will become worthless before you can even transfer them into your exchange and then you will put a bullet through your head when you realize you won a lottery ticket, and instead of being content with it, you let your greed overwhelm your good judgement, and gamble it all again.

So this is the power of anonymous discussion boards...

> hur dur

Then clearly this doesn't apply to you. We are talking about the dumb fucks on here who are 100% crypto because of delusional ideological reasons and luck.

>If this shit crashes tomorrow, I've lost nothing.
You've lost a bunch of time, unless you enjoyed playing the game.

Not quite, you can trade that shit coin, which generates a new taxable event and then you can claim that loss as a deduction.

...amazing...

There's no such thing as the house's money. It's still your money, indifferent from the initial money you invested. If you were to cash out everything, you now have x amount of money. Same if you were to lose it all, you lost x.

Cashing out initial also means getting the tax man on your ass, especially if it's after less than 12 months

I absolutly loved playing the game