How to fix the birth problems of womens?

How to fix the birth problems of womens?

The societies in my setting are very advanced in bio-tech. So i think they would find some solution.

Other urls found in this thread:

bogleech.com/halloween/hall12-fran.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Artificial wombs. The biggest issue with birthing is needing to house a very demanding parasitic lifeform in your body in the first place.

If they're *really* advanced in bio-tech, they could also have artificial wombs, but still technically living wombs.
Or maybe they could manage to make babies grow faster, or make it so they can survive outside the womb even earlier, or solve the hip/head problem and have babies be born less dependent.

Don't be stupid user. The Solution is nanotech that clears up vagina issues. Periods? Nanomachines soak up repurpose the waste. No mold, nanomachines eat the fungus, or yeast infections for that matter

Anal? Nanomachines clean that anal tract and apply anesthetic/turn of anal pain receptors if one wishes to repairing atypical anal fissure.

I could go on, but tech should fix many female issues, the water and plastic with their xenoestrogens are an issue, but the simply idea is just tech that fixes and lobotimizes women just the way we want them!

Human population in dire need of a boost? Nanomachines ensure your fat 10 inch cock won't tear that little girl apart for the survival of the species!

Science makes anything possible!

But what will fix the baby's invasive umbilical that puts the mother's life in jeopardy by overriding her natural defenses in order to assure it's own well being?

NANOMACHINES!

Replacements, filters, control mechanisms to choose the scehdule for feeding the foetus, ingrained vaccinations, the works!

like caterpillars? crawling around eating till they have enough to form a chrysalis and turn into children? it would be a bit weird but i guess i can understand it.

Slightly wider hips and much more elastic vaginas.
Or smaller babies that are born earlier.
Or artificial wombs.

My issue with artificial wombs (and NANOMACHINES!!! user) is that at that point humans are dependent on a tech base to reproduce. I mean, sure you can always reproduce that way. But IMO a transhuman should still be able to reproduce on his/her own if he/she wants/needs to. Even if the womb is how people normally reproduce, your body still gives you something to fall back on.

Here's some ideas:

Have the brain be underdeveloped at birth, and the skull be partially collapsed. In the days after birth, the skull fills with fluid and achieves its proper size and shape. The brain rapidly grows to fill the void.

I mean, sure you can optimize the pelvis (or route the birth canal some other way) or do some other anatomical stuff. But it seems to me that the key problem is the large human brain, and adding another month or two to infancy solves the key problem with birth. If viability is pushed back to 6-7 months while keeping development the same, then you get the same result. That saves the woman the worst months of pregnancy.

There's other cosmetic stuff. But most of that you get with regenerative biotech. If you get rapid scar-free healing of wounds, then problems with tearing and stretch marks are solved for free.

If you want an extreme solution, we could go marsupial. Our children could be born VERY small and be incubated in pouches. Brain size could be whatever you want it to be then. Boom! What could go wrong? I'd invest in eucalyptus futures while you can.

Another extreme marsupial solution is that the "pouch" is an animal engineered to be a living incubator/stroller. The baby crawls out and is transferred to the surrogate to develop the rest of the way. Obviously now we're back to solutions that require a third party.

Taking a cue from another life form, what if instead of infancy we have something totally different? A caterpillar form that eats and eats (or nurses and nurses), then pupates and you have a 18month old-looking baby come out

Syntheti-
Oh, this

Ach, beat me to it.

Fun fact: caterpillars trained to seek out a certain smell turn into butterflies that also seek out that smell.

Honestly, smaller head at birth, lower viable birth weight, and slight anatomical changes would do a lot to ease the birthing process. I suspect that the biggest trick is brain development-- getting most of the development to after birth would solve a lot. We still don't know enough about neurology and fetal development to know if that's a workable solution. Humans have been evolving for ~5 million years and yet this is still a problem.

>tfw my wife is in labor behind me here at the hospital. This takes HOURS of hurry up and wait. Sometimes days. But it's a topical thread b/c I've been thinking about what transhuman mods would make this whole mess easier and less painful.

Go the way of the sea lice and just have women as disposable wombs for massive numbers of children. Fuck making it easier to give birth, jack up the production and efficiency instead. Then recycle the leftovers of the female to feed the young.

Biological immortality and basically no children.

In-vitro fertilization is already used today.

Gestation bags/artificial wombs are in the prototype stage. All it would take is a big event to popularize the tech and push it into the final fine-tuning and mass production for routine use.

Biotech is cool but transhumanism doesn't have to mean putting all the tech in one body, or even being more reliable/better. Historically tech is often about dis-aggregation.

One woman does all the birthing until she gets bored and births a bunch of pregnant women to do the job for wait a goddamned minute

Artificial wombs or specified "creatures", made from human DNA but not fully human, pumped full of hormones and made to birth a mass number of humans all at once before being impregnated again. You could go full Bene Tleilax and have said breeding creatures used to clone living creatures by implanting them with a zygote made by a living person's DNA and a blank egg cell.

Basically, read Dune.

Remember Star Control? The Supox were motile plant creatures that had evolved to provide "reproductive assistance" to other organisms.

Maybe they provide a gestational environment.

Now, another concept from that game was a composite organism. The Mhhrrrr Mhhrrrr were robotic creatures that had been created by a heavily damaged probe ship. They were sapient but without a history, memory, or specific programming. And unable to reproduce. The Chenjesu were crystalline organisms that were highly intelligent but physically very limited.

Anyway those two races were allies for a very very long time, and eventually reached the point where they felt they could both solve their problems by merging. Each Chmmr was made from a Chenjesu and a Mhhrrr Mhhrrr into a crystalo-mechanical being that was designed to be the best of both worlds. Now, how it was accomplished in the game was a little weird, but there's no reason you couldn't do the same thing in a harder sci fi setting. Some approaches to cybernetics essentially creates a merging between humans and our AI creations, again aiming for the best of both.

So now imagine us merging with an intelligent fungus race or something. You end up with a multi-stage life form that exchanges DNA, then buds and grows as a fungus, then develops a human body and mobility. Slime molds do something a little like that, right?

External development solves a lot of problems. And a fungal creature is probably more aware of and has more agency over chemical synthesis, while probably it would benefit from human mechanical adeptness.

This is only a problem for humans. although it probably is what allows for big brains, so careful the fix doesn't make the child dumb.

the baby comes out the belly button, then the pelvis isn't getting in the way. Also then gestation can last 13 months, to be more inline with other primates. And you don't get the sleepy larva stage of human babies.

Sterilization, cyborg parts to prolong life, and a convenient alien species to carry the young.

>a future society debating whether or not robots are people while simultaneously debating whether or not unborn babies are people

That's the thing, no one is people. The only person is you.

>How to fix the birth problems of womens?

Keep your fucking legs closed.

When I run D&D esque fantasy settings, I usually just say that most counties have a few decent magical healers around.
This reduces birth and infant mortality by a great deal.
This in turn gives a decent sociological root for why most D&D settings have more of a tendency towards gender equality than a cultural medieval place would in our world.

That's a non sequitur. It explains larger populations. It has nothing to do with gender equality. Gender equality in D&D settings comes from men and women being identical.

>nobody is born
>now you're playing in a Lisa setting
>hope you like that, you asshole
>take some joy

I've got the joy down in my heart.

>or solve the hip/head problem and have babies be born less dependent.
why don't we make women with larger hips instead?

Or at the very least there could be some sort of snake-jaw-like situation.

Messing with skeletal structures through eugenics or more esoteric means will undoubtedly come with a whole host of new problems, as has been already showcased by animal breeders.

....shit, is that one of the belly pictures Trap Quest uses? Or just very similar?

Fuck. Fuck you, internet.

Human females have (on average, obviously the randomness of genetic diversity means some have small hips while others have huge hips) already evolved as wide a hip to body ratio as possible.

If human female hips got any wider human females would literally not be able to walk upright, they would be forced to crawl along the ground on all fours.

That's... not really what I had in mind, but why not.
Also do remember caterpillars basically dissolve in the chrysalis, I'm not sure many people would want their pre-babies to go through that.

That's one of the solutions, I'm sure there's others. That'd probably fuck up women's walk, though.

>would literally not be able to walk upright, they would be forced to crawl along the ground on all fours.
I don't see the problem

>all the females crawl

Just as Lil Jon foretold.

severely diminished glutes

This is definitely someone's fetish

It's right up there with unethical business practices for me. In fact, let's combine the two for a planet in the next sci-fi setting I make, or mabye a wizard in fantasy; specializes in modifying females into perfect, beautiful breeders, transcending evolutionary limits without regard for sanctity. Or permission. Yes.

>mold
wat, do some women get that?

anything's possible if you aren't hygienic

We'd kinda need other ideas in case nanotech turns out to be unworkable and only something to be found in sci-fi.

We have quantum teleportation. I think we'll figure out nanotech eventually.

Take the most disgusting thing you can think of multiply that by hundred and the average woman will still be more disgusting.

Yeast infections, user. Large breasted women can get mold infections if they don't wash under their breasts. Kind of like men getting crotch rot for being unhygenic. It works both ways. is just gay.

Would anyone happen to know the source on this? Attractive women in business suits is my fetish and the various image searches are turning up squat.

>crotch rot
T-that's real?

WIMPs
Clone some women, keep them braindead and use their functioning uteri

Yeast and fungus are very pernicious and hardy creatures, and more importantly, the human body provides two things that they need to grow well: warmth and dampness. Add in the fact that we wear clothing and it's a veritable breeding ground for the stuff. Our bodies are very delicately balanced things that have buiklt up resistances, but it's easy to bypass the resistances with a little too much or not enough of washing, diet, or even just not paying attention..

Combination Harvest Clone/Gestation Tank?

>Taking a cue from another life form, what if instead of infancy we have something totally different? A caterpillar form that eats and eats (or nurses and nurses), then pupates and you have a 18month old-looking baby come out

bogleech.com/halloween/hall12-fran.html
Always eager to improve nature's laughable oversights, Fran develops a method by which a woman can give pain-free birth to a large, soft-bodied maggot which eventually pupates into a complete, human infant...or something strongly resembling one, at least. The discovery is quickly stolen and shamelessly marketed by an unscrupulous rival doctor, but Fran is indifferent at best; she hadn't finished testing on human subjects anyhow, and the grotesque mishaps befalling the thief's patients are piling up... not the least of which are the natural parasitoids who have quickly adapted to a more nourishing new food source! It's always a good day when I get to see a baby hollowed out by wasps.

You could mostly reproduce through artificial wombs, and do some relatively minor tweaking to reduce things like hormonal imbalance and the body's adverse reaction to the baby. No real point of massively re-engineering human physiology and reproduction on the off chanse you couldn't grow the baby in a tube when human reproduction, despite its flaws, already works decently enough (like, with modern medicine the chanses of dying from childbirth is practically nil).

Future transhumany body modification is a pretty common justification in hyper-preg.

I don't think humanity would become completely dependant on machines to care for their young, their egos being that big, so it would have to be genetic engineering.

You could add genetic modifiers for vaginal canal opening, as to not cause much pain to the mother during delivery but remaining able to wrap around male members to extract their sperm, or go full elastic.

Add lioness/cheetah muscular structures around the uterus, so that mothers can move around at high speeds while the baby remains protected from motion damage and has an extra layer of protection against external agents.

Add baboons' ability to reaccomodate the product before birth naturally to minimize the risk of suffocation during the process.

Promote Manatis' immune reaction boost after giving birth to diminish or demolish infection rate without allergies, and increased coagulant production to diminish the risk of bleeding out.

Doctors' work would be far easier if all the major problems would be diminished, labor would be easier, some women may start opting for having the baby whatever assisted by a paramedic instead of going to the hospital and this time it would actually be a good idea.

>image
SPAWN MORE OEVERLORDS

user has the right of it.
Check YouTube at watch?v=dxn6msihFjc

There was also some grow-your-child-at-home-thingie I've seen yesterday, but I can't find it right now.

exactly
in SR (which is where the name WIMP comes from) you both use them for clone organs and for high executives as gestation tanks for their offspring (why put your life in danger and pause your career if you could just take your egg, his sperm and put it into one of your clones to grow?)