/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General Thread

Shitposters galore edition

Thread died and like a phoenix from the ashes is reborn in the image of Fulgrim, Primarch of rEEE. This and more in >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 ()

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub ()
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Legio-Custodes-Telemon-Heavy-Dreadnought-2017
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads/Legio Custodes Telemon Dreadnought.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for custodes look shit no matter what

B'aw.

Working on a NL/TOTES BL SUCCESSOR captain/praetor with chainglaive/thunder hammer. I'm going to tidy up the armour and actually finish the model, but what do you guys think of the concept?

What concept?

Here's the 8th edition army list, don't know if the link worked last bread.

What's BL? Are your NL successors loyalist? What's their story? Not getting a sense of the concept here...

The scheme looks good though. Very Crimson Fisty, with formalized lightning strikes that look like one of the Emperor's favorite motifs.

Thanks man, will check it out.

I'm speechless, user.
Who's responsible for this? It's better than what FW will do, I guarantee you that.
Especially the Breachers

I was bored at work and made it. Working my way through every unit that's not covered by the FW indexes.

Like the base model but the chain sword big needs to be changed, too obviously chaos chainsword, maybe mix two chain bits together
Serious case of thickness there, but yeah nice to see T4 blackshields

>jetbikes go 14"
GOTTA

Damn that's good. Costing it will be tricky, especially combi-weapons. And I wish I could think of ways to differentiate Tartaros and Indomitus armor. But still, very cool stuff.

>TFW 8E makes Destroyers actually useful because of TWO bolt pistols, Chainsword, Counter attack and rad grenades
You're a good user, user. Better than that,e even.

Yes, costing it is very difficult, my idea was to have both bolters and chainswords be 2pts so that combat blades still have a use as the cheapest choice.
Stolen from Sammael's profile.

>I wish I could think of ways to differentiate Tartaros and Indomitus armor.

Aren't Indomitus suppose to have great targeting systems built in? That's why they have those cameras on them the other suits don't. Maybe add +1 to their BS rolls if they don't move or something?

I honestly hope HH switches to 8th after a while having played it I immensely prefer it over 7th if only for the new ap system

Alright so, let's make a Cost-Benefir analysis

>7E
Has vehicle facings
Has Initiative

>8E
AP system makes power swords and lightning claws suddenly not become useless against 2+ saves, which are more common in 30k
This would also mean Terminators aren't safe from Earthshakers anymore.
Movement isn't either 6" or 12"

Is that the one from Bolter and Chainsword?

Nope, haven't checked that one out yet. This is just something I made when I was bored.

>7E
Blast and template weapons are a thing. Maybe with 8E it is faster, but those things got CUKED.
>8E
Scout marines would be taken

>7E
The psychic system isn't a dumbed-down piece of shit
>8E
The psychic system isn't an over complicated piece of shit

>Has vehicle facings

On some vehicles. Bikes can still fire behind them with their forward mounted bolters, etc.

>legion support squad
>The whole squad may exchange their bolter for one of the following weapons (every
model must choose the same): A rotor cannon, a volkite charger, a volkite caliver, a
plasma gun or a meltagun
>may exchange their bolter
>bolter
This should be flamer.

Changed the hazard stripes on the launchers pls rate. Again loyalists as pert is a homo

ohgodthebeesnotthebees/10

Bee those stinger missiles?

Back into painting after a five year hiatus. Need to get a whole new set of paints. Any tips on ready sets to cover HH needs?

n00b here, haven't played since 4th ed. Don't infantry and infantry sub-types have a forward arc they can shoot in?

Much better.

The helmets are still funny, but that also looks difficult to do.

>Scout marines would be taken
If they gave Sniper Rifles back pinning they'd probably be taken more often.

That faggot is marked for death by Space-Batman McMeltyface.

Thanks, corrected it. I will be back another day with an updated version. Adding Centurions and their variants is a pain with the new style of datasheets.

Bikes aren't vehicles anymore than cavalry and Crisis Suits are vehicles.

What scheme do you want?

Then why do I need a license to ride one?

But I guess it's the same logic under which a massive walker with fixed guns and a crew can ignore all the rules a walker has: Because of reasons. It just makes people complaining about a tank being able to fire 360 and measure from any point of the hull that much ridiculous.

Fulgrim is best Primarch and did nothing wrong.

user, did you make this? Can we as a bread add to it? HEY GUYS I THINK WE FOUND THE THING TO KEEP US BUSY AND NOT SHITPOSTING FOR AWHILE!

>tfw not even fanmade 8E rules can revive this general
HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND

I'd rather keep shitposting

btw, my space dad > your space dad

if my space dad was a girl he would have bigger tits than your space dad (female)

>space dad
Emprah best spess dad. JK, he was a shitty dad but he's still your Emperor.

>he's still your Emperor
I never voted for him.

If you had to vote for him he wouldn't be the Emperor of Mankind. He'd be the President of Mankind, and the Imperium would be the United Planets of Man.
>tfw the right to bear lasguns

what if his space dad is fulgrim?

A few questions.

If the Emperor banned religionm why did he allow Woofs and Fenris to keep worshipping The Fenrisian wolf gods?

If the Emperor banned magic, then why did he allow the Rune Priests?

fulgrim is a stereotypical flat jealous bitch

>If the Emperor banned religionm why did he allow Woofs and Fenris to keep worshipping The Fenrisian wolf gods?
They kept to themselves and didn't proselytize or cause much fuss. Lorgar only got in trouble because he was converting every world he came across.

>If the Emperor banned magic, then why did he allow the Rune Priests?
It was a ban of all psychic powers within the Legiones Astartes. He didn't allow Rune Priests, they just ignored the Edict. They didn't get special permission as evidenced by a Wolf Priest having to lie about his powers to an agent of Malcador.

>They didn't get special permission as evidenced by a Wolf Priest having to lie about his powers to an agent of Malcador.

What did he say exactly?

Howl of the Hearthworld. The agent causes a big fuss about a Space Wolf still wearing a psychic hood after Nikea. The Rune Priest tells him he only kept it out of sentimentality and doesn't use his powers anymore but it's clear from the internal narration that he's lying. The other Wolves threaten to kill the agent for being rude so he grudgingly accepts the excuse.

Thanks.

Are there any legions where you're screwing yourself over by not taking a Primarch? Do loyalist armies from traitor legions face a big disadvantage?

I'm now imagining the woofies loudly protesting about hurting his feelings.

>If the Emperor banned religionm why did he allow Woofs and Fenris to keep worshipping The Fenrisian wolf gods?

Because they gave special status to his enforcers and their thing was exclusive to 1 planet so couldnt spread

>If the Emperor banned magic, then why did he allow the Rune Priests?

Rune Priests said they drew their power from the core of Fenris not from Terra. Though again it was the Emperor giving them special privileges

As oddly out of character as it seems I sense the Wolves were just smart enough not to bring it up and just play it cool.

As opposed to Lorgar and Magnus who couldn't help shoving their rulebreaking in everyone's face.

Not really, few people take primarchs all the time. If you face them often you might need a knight, like a lancer. Good matchup against a lot of them.

Alpharius is one of the better ones in terms of buffing your army, but loyalists can use Omegon using the same uh, model.

Generally speaking, it seems the basic GC-era woofie (after finding Russ) was a street-smart dog and the higher up the ladder you go, the more likely you are to encounter a complete fucking jarhead of a moron. This also makes more sense after Russ leaves the Space Wolves, as they have gone on since to generally be far more heroic, courageous, and worthy of legend than the old lore which they revere.

>I sense the Wolves were just smart enough not to bring it up and just play it coo
The only thing cool about them is Russ' fridge armour. The wolves are fucking hypocrites who believe rules don't apply to them and that they can do whatever they want.
I wish Azkaellon had thrown them out of the airlock.

Someone hasn't read the Wolf King novella.

The whole entire point of it was Russ learning the SW needed to change from how'd they'd been portrayed to their 40k version. And his resolve to do so.

>Rune Priests said they drew their power from the core of Fenris not from Terra.
The unique nature of where the Rune Priests draw their power was not only never discussed, but it's irrelevant to the ruling. Wherever they get their psychic power it's still psychic power (the books confirm Rune Priests are psykers). The Emperor banned ALL psykers within the Legiones Astartes not just sorcery.

>Though again it was the Emperor giving them special privileges
No. Neither the Emperor nor Regent Malcador ever gave the Wolves special privileges to ignore Nikea. This is a blatant lie.

>(the books confirm Rune Priests are psykers).

Rules =/= lore. Avatars of Khaine for examples are not daemons.

Psykers tap into the Warp to get their powers, Rune Priests tap into Fenris to gain their powers. Unlike Warp usage, there is no threat of corruption because the power of Fenris is inherently pure.

>I'm talking about the lore. In Inferno they are referred to as "undoubtedly psykers" and in Prospero Burns the Rune Priest talks being a psyker. They wear psychic hoods. In the codexes they are referred to as pyskers and psychic powers. Isn't the Spirit of Fenris a Warp entity anyway just a benign one?

A high ranking agent of Malcador was taken aback so it clearly wasn't official. If they were innocent why would they lie?

>Avatars of Khaine for examples are not daemons.
>Fragment of a warp deity's power
No, they are pretty explicitly daemons. They're just not aligned with the Chaos Gods. Kind of a square rectangle thing, if non-similar rectangles were trying to kill you.

>If they were innocent why would they lie?

Because non-Fenrisians wouldn't understand the distinction.

Non-Fenrisians like the Emperor and Malcador apparently.

Hey, Russ wanted to relocate the Space Wolves away from Fenris since he rationalised that planet wasn't suited to raise a legion. The Emperor made him to stick to the planet and continue to with the persona that he hated.

>Hey, Russ wanted to relocate the Space Wolves away from Fenris since he rationalised that planet wasn't suited to raise a legion.
That's kind of weird. It's a really harsh and deadly world so it seems suitable for raising marines. Quite a few Primarchs deliberately keep their home worlds barbaric and savage to cull the weak from their recruiting population.

I don't really hold anything against the Space Wolves but it's a pet peeve of mine when their players deny the blatant hypocrisy. It makes the Rout more interesting. At least you didn't doom humanity forever so you'll never be as bad as Magnus.

That kind of But What About This drifting rationalisation is part of the reason people don't like SW. Shifting and scrabbling around to find inferences and reasons why the Space Wolves weren't breaking a ruling from the Allfather that said 'Don't employ psykers as psykers, they must become ordinary line warriors and refrain from using their powers'.
Their powers could be generated from the world spirit of Cuddleytron the Handholder and all they'd ever used them for was making friends and it'd still be in violation.
It's part of their entire theme and legion character that the SW are the dickead arrogant Whaddya Got rebels and trying to find some way out of it for them that isn't bullshit is a misunderstanding or ignoring of this because one fell for their memes.

At least Yesugei understands the ruling applies to Stormseers, tries to live by it, realises he can't as Chogorian culture isn't compatible with it, and makes the choice to break with it.

>Fulgrim is best Primarch and did nothing wrong.

Imagine being Perturabo in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Fulgrim, you fuckin' fine, all perfect with your snake body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally give my lifeforce to you, both my persona and the real me." when all he really wants to do is design another aesthically flawless city. Like seriously imagine having to be Perturabo and not only sit in that chair while Fulgrim flaunts xher's disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing xher's scales and feminine face, and just sit there, minute after minute, hour after hour, while xhe ascended to Daemonhood. Not only having to tolerate xher's monstrous fucking visage but xher's haughty attitude as everyone on Iydris tells xhim xhe's THE PARAGON OF PERFECTION and DAMN, FULGRIM LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch xher's tranny fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been conquering nothing but a healthy diet of non-compliant worlds and later Loyalist strongholds for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Olympia. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on xher's dimpled stomach as xhe sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in xher's "perfect (for that is what xhe calls xherself)" beauty, the beauty xhe worked so hard for by being Slaanesh' bitch in the previous months. And then Fulgrim praises xherself again, and you know you could kill every single Astartes on Iydris before Slaaneshi daemons could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Perturabo. You're not going to lose your future daemonhood over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

>No Mechanicum list
>No Solar Auxilia list

*Sight....

Well, you're still awesome user, keep it up.

>xhe
Fulgrim was a man, user. He's now a daemon, so you can call it "it" if you want to.

Replace the noes stripes with a bronze color and put stripes on a greave or a smaller area and you'll be fine. Seriously stripes on the face like that is retarded af.

So what're the guesses on what's up for preorder from FW tomorrow?

Fuck, can I float through the warp with you buddy? I'll bring a 12 pack and we can watch the demons and gay elf sex/rape together. 20 space bucks says you can nail the powerbottom elf in the head with an empty can!

Yeah? well my space dad ended up fucking the imperium harder than a asian chick in an interracial gangbang! :)

But for fuckin reals lets do this shit

>It's a really harsh and deadly world so it seems suitable for raising marines.
A chapter's worth, sure. A legion? Seems like it'd put too much pressure on the population. It'd be losing its best males before procreation, and it takes quite a few per successful marine.

I can't recall if Russ was as autistic as Jaghatai/Mortarian about (almost) exclusively recruiting from his home, surely there'd be a minority of recruits from other possibly also ice-ridden feral worlds?

Also IIRC I think Inferno states/implies that "suitable candidates" from other feral worlds get shipped to Fenris to ensure its population isn't exhausted by SW recruitment

It wasn't up to Russ, the Emperor told him to recruit exclusively from Fenris because he wanted a legion of killers; Leman himself hated Fenris

Don't make me run the numbers again, user. Terra isn't even a Hive planet and it can support two legions already. Not chapters, legions.
IIRC there was something special about Fenrisians that made them accept SW geneseed easier than populations of other planets. Don't ask me how the Terran pre-Russ pre-Cup_of_the_Wulfen SWs were made.
Furthermore, it depends on how much population can a death world support.
Barbarus was a death world but had villages (unlike Nocturne's only 6-7 cities), and the legion supposedly had huge attrition rates yet it still was 90000+ marines. That's ~80% of other legions' numbers from a single death world

>Terra isn't even a Hive planet
Since when?

EC-user here, likin' how that 8th edition ruleset is looking so far. I haven't been in the thread much lately, been busy looking for work, playing some new games, and cleaning up my new Mad Cat and resin Phobos LR. In the interest of keeping the LR a bit more HH styled, I've kept the TL HBolter armor plating off, as well as removing the upper tread guards to mimic the Spartan and Phobos. If anyone is interested I can take a shot of it in the morning.

>Don't make me run the numbers again, user. Terra isn't even a Hive planet and it can support two legions already. Not chapters, legions.
How does that prove anything? Fenris would have a tiny fraction of the population of Terra. Far less than 1/2. The surface is scattered with primitive tribes clinging to life, not country sized cities.

I meant 2017 Earth. It's not a Hive Planet YET.
And it can support two legions and without having to give up all your children, using only kids from India and China. China noted to have a single-child policy, meaning infant production could be increased fucking easily. Fucking.
>Fenris would have a tiny fraction of the population of Terra
I meant 2017 Earth. With city-sized cities

>Leman himself hated Fenris

This keeps getting brought up, but where in the fluff does it mention this?

Wolf King.

It's also where the "merely pretending to be retarded" thing comes from.

Fenris has an official M41 population of 3,400,000. Its population would probably have been smaller during the Great Crusade but let's be generous and assume it was the same. That's far too small to sustain a legion by your calculations.

Wtf I retract what I said
Holy shit not only there are no wolves on Fenris
>THERE ARE NO FENRISIANS ON FENRIS

Anyone have a link to the Path of Heaven audiobook? I drive all day for a living.

Was the Kahn really all that autistic about it? I mean Scars opens up with a terran getting recruited into the legion.

>T H I C C

To be fair it was more of a sliding scale, even Mortarian accepted non-Barbarus recruits out of necessity, but I'm pretty sure the Kahn preferred to recruit from Chogoris

Audiobookbay nigga. It has the Horus Heresy audiobooks 1-42.

Oh shit son. You just changed my life. Thank you

forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Legio-Custodes-Telemon-Heavy-Dreadnought-2017

forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads/Legio Custodes Telemon Dreadnought.pdf

Please feel free to contribute. I check the breads regularly.

I hate that thing. Will FW ever stop making le bigger dreadnoughts xDDDD

Only when we get a Titan-sized Dreadnought.

Same money cost as a leviathan in Leaf and Aus bucks, kicks the leviathans ass all day erry day.

Cheaper in points as well. The fuck is this?

God I love it I'm so glad I preordered two.

> Isn't a LoW
> My perfect army symmetry is ruined

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They could always do that user.

How's painting your ninety-plus Custodians coming along?