/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

"And if Games Workshop were to last for a thousands years it would look back on Fantasy and say 'this was our finest hour'."

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/xXYsyMmi

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com/

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Dwarf-Thunderers-Quarrellers
store.warlordgames.com/collections/assyrians
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/187990/meet-the-spellsingers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>"And if Games Workshop were to last for a thousands years it would look back on Fantasy and say 'this was our finest hour'."
"Then they'd look at their Space Marine sales and say 'Nah, THIS was our finest hour'."

You can get a recast of him on black market miniatures, don't know what the qualities like though.

>ancient Mesopotamians
Now that is a fancy op.
I wanted to use them in my Araby army but fuck, base infantry all in metal is expensive even outside of GW's scams and the handgunners are more important

Kirby is not all of GW.
I have a NIB original.

I want to use him, not sure whether to crack open mine or buy a recast.

Lahmia was here. Von Carstein is a loser.

Hey, I think I saw a Mahtmassi in another thread.
You should go check that out.

Can't you just use regular dwarven Thunderers with notice board pins for hats?

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Dwarf-Thunderers-Quarrellers

I meant mesopotamians in general, since I'm doing an Empire army.

Chill Gorilla#0654
For the guy in the last thread.

Recast, keep the original still in box and trade him for a robot wife once those roll around.

Soon

When will they be in TW WH?

Third game, most likely.

I think they'll come along whenever Ogres come.

If I'm playing with a "small person" and I call my halfling a hobbit do I get banned from 9th age events because it offends him that I don't know his cultural heritage?

Ah okay. That would've been one neat army.

Hail Caesar got a couple of different historical mesopotamian miniature armies. Dunno about their quality etc though.

store.warlordgames.com/collections/assyrians

>Dwarfs and hobbits are the same thing.
>Being a dwarf is cultural.

Go back to /pol.

>"small person"

Fucking shitlord heightist, it's 'trans-tall.'

If you're the same cunt that dribbled this shit through the last thread then kindly fuck off

Did you just assume his height?

>Pick up 9th Age
>Go to Adepticon for some tournament play
>First opponent is a neon haired hambeast
>She's playing Chaos warriors
>Game starts
>My archers target her Chaos Lord riding a dragon
>"These shooting at him"
>Her face turns red
>Her cheeks puff out as she inhales as deepas she can
>Screams "JUDGE!" as she starts to cry
>Judge rushes over seeing her crying
>"What happened?"
>She blubbers "Pronouns, he, pronouns!"
>Judge looks over at me
>Shrug and say "I have no idea"
>Hambeast sniffles and points her hoof like claw at me "He called my Chaos lordette a man! That's transphobia!" she bellows as she cries into her arm blubber
>Suddenly silence in the gaming hall
>Everyone turns to me
>Judge demands I leave for being transphobic
>Appeal
>Denied for not using Xe pronouns the judge prefers
>Pack my stuff up
>Walk out the room
>They start singing the Steven Universe theme and stamping their feet

And that was the last time I played 9th Age.

>this level of lying

>things that never happened

Either that or they take their Slaneesh roleplaying way too seriously.

Kek, T9A hasn't got to this stage... yet...

We can meme it, we can make it REAL.

>Walk out the room
>They start singing the Steven Universe theme and stamping their feet

Dying

>pick up Fantasy
>manage to get a game in in flgs
>AoShitters stare at the game of orcs vs brettonia
>start talking among themselves
>one guy comes up and just slaps the orcs off the table and places some snakebites meganobz
>"you fucking shitlords, your not Europe game is FUCKING DEAD!"
>the other sigmarites start throwing blood angels assault terminators at us
>store manager kicks us out for wasting everyone's time with our Internet shit
And that was the last time I played Fantasy.

these could work well as a tomb kings conversion

Don't reply

Try harder, you sound butthurt that someone is having a joke

SJW's have infested the fandom. When the Wood Elf mage was revealed for Total War, their was a large backlash on the forum for the fact she used a side saddle, and that it was misogynistic.

link or screencap?

who gives a fuck

forums.totalwar.com/discussion/187990/meet-the-spellsingers

"Why should warrior women be forced in to this regressive posture? Side-saddle only arose because certain misogynists were terrified of female anatomy. Now I *know* CA are not misogynists. So is this one of those times when we find out that the guy (I'm going to guess it was a guy) who made this call just didn't really think through how offensive this might be? I'm not the shrill type. But we live in a culture now with a spotlight turned on video games - did we really *need* to run head on in to this minefield? (I had to think about this for a while, but it does upset me - it'd be like Brienne of Tarth sitting side-saddle. It mitigates the point.)" It gets worse

> one poster = the fandom exploding with an SJW infestation

Sweet pea, if you bothered to read the thread you'd see that post is being roundly mocked by everyone else. But that's too much effort for a sensitive snowflake looking for a reason to be outraged.

Most people told them to fuck off but these are the type of people getting in the hobby now. It's going to tear it apart like atheism got torn apart. And it's not like the hobbys in good shape as it is.

What would an effective Tercio list look like?

I thought that renaming of AoS units to their obvious 40k counterparts was at least somewhat clever.
I'll try harder next time senpai.

it made me laugh

How are the /WFRP/ers going?

Pretty good. Playing in two games now. You?

The lacking element is that there was no story at play. It was just neckbeards and "DES NAMES GO HERE!". Read the adepticon story, it builds slowly until it becomes completely wild

Anybody else just feel sad when they see or hear mentions of giants? Seem like a pretty tragic race doomed to suffer agony and death.

I want to play but i have nobody to do it with and I'm a complete noob.

Bad feel man

Not sure, but they're definitely going to be in. There's a strip of land just beyond the World's Edge Mountains that's not a part of a province, but if you want you can have units walk around in.

They better go with the foreworld models.

those shields would also work well with dwarfs, giving them a real wall of shield

funny this is almost exactly what happened to me and my friend when we tried playing 8th at a new lgs

> Playing in a GW.

No WFRP players around my neck of the woods at the moment. Life is suffering.

Anyone ever played a campaign set in the Dark Beneath?

I don't think we have to meme it, seems to be coming along quite nicely.

Now pray to Sunna the black, trans, gender-fluid bisexual God-Queen of xe Empire.

>Sunna the black, trans, gender-fluid bisexual God-Queen of xe Empire.

Does the possibility that there would be such a god in a fantasy setting really bother anyone? I mean, wasn't there an elf god from the early days of D&D that was hermaphroditic? And what about stuff like Yog-Sothoth or Shub-Niggurath?

Sad that my gaming group stopped playing WFRP

I'm less and less inclined to be part of any gaming community because if it. Between vidya and tabletop my hobbies are rapidly dissolving.

Can old dogs learn no tricks or are all hobbies now pozzed?

How long ago did they drop the game, and was there a reason for it?

>I'm less and less inclined to be part of any gaming community because if it. Between vidya and tabletop my hobbies are rapidly dissolving.

So it's a steady decline on your part as you've come to realise this sort of stuff has been part of your hobbies for longer than you've realised? That's fair enough. It's a shame that you're losing out because of intolerance, though.

Have you no friends or playmates outside of what a company gives you?

The difference is those gods had features like that to add to their portrayal as being alien and abnormal.

Now we have to pretend it's a normal thing and you're an awful person if you don't go out of your way to include it.

Talk about the greatest WF related achievement you got.
>playing WFRP
>made a randomly generated Dwarf that is extremely tall for a dwarf (above 1.50 m)
>this pretty average guy manages to:
>befriend an elf
>befriend a runesmith
>murder a minotaur (not alone obvs)
>"defile" a herdstone by tearing it down ereasing the chaos symbols and etching "karrik wuz 'ere" and "Grugni rulez chaos blows" on it (got help since he is illiterate)
>kill three chaos warriors in full plate while not getting hit once

To this day, i still miss him and his stunted unwoundable figure. Hopefully my GM will do a new wfrp campaign again after 4th edition rolls out

I'm yet to see any of that in wargaming myself. What started this whole shitfest was someone sperging out over T9A having a clause saying "don't be a dick". All that means is don't insult a tranny because they're a tranny by doing something autistic like going out of your way to use male pronouns or whatever. That doesn't mean you have to agree with their life choices or pretend that they're not mentally ill (they are), you just need to use standard social niceties. It's really not that hard.

>4th edition
fuck, I didn't even know that was coming out

that's made my day

I have seen screenshots from it, but never read it. Would appriciate a dump

Is there actually plans for a 4th edition or is that just wishful thinking?

>How long ago did they drop the game, and was there a reason for it?

Three or four months ago. GM dropped it after some of the players complained that the rewarding system he was using was too poor for all the expenses we had to face. GM didn't feel right with giving us richer rewards and lost interest in the game

>kill three chaos warriors in full plate while not getting hit once

the fuck

I just looked it up and it's been officially announced

Previously no one would have cared because it was design space not political insert.

You have that genderless elf god who's mind fucky that lies about what it is. A Loki figure and that's neat.

Then you have shit like slaanesh that manifests its self in whatever it desires, it's a sex demon which shape shifts to maximise it's reach. Again no problem as that's a neat fantasy stereotype.

The reason it's unacceptable now is because it's done for political pandering. It's not that it's cool it's that they want to push destructive life styles and promote them on the soap box they have. There's no good story there, there's no interesting fantasy tropes. It's simply "fuck you bigots now it's chicks with dicks all the way down". And us old fantasy guys who enjoy fantasy for its ability to tell unique stories don't care to read how fagatron is such an oppressed elf but rose to the top any way and is now the most powerful elf in the world but p.s. he sucks dicks and his lover is the king dwarf.

Never been at a store or a playgroup and one of the guys brings his neon haired girlfriend along?

It wasn't don't be a dick. It said you couldnt offend people. That's different

>Now we have to pretend it's a normal thing and you're an awful person if you don't go out of your way to include it.

But it's been in the hobby for decades and people haven't bitched before. You're literally letting other people that you have an issue with make you hate something you used to love. Whatever battle you're fighting, you're losing it. If you really wanted to win, you'd just ignore it and keep on keeping on

Biggest achievement was keeping a trollslayer character alive for a nearly decade long RL campaign that only ended when we upgraded from 1ed to 2ed and had our characters go out in the Storm of Chaos, throwing down against some of the big names.

I've still got a file somewhere on my computer with a list of a few dozen characters I've played with or as and how they've carked it.

Source? Sure it's not going to be age of skubmar rp?

It's gonna come out some time between now ad next year, yes

The new creators are people called the 9th cubicle or something

They're also working on a aos rp game

If you ignore cancer it only grows. The reason you want people to ignore is because you are that cancer and this lets you ruin things for people.

Tolerance is weakness. It will destroy everything you value because you can't be tolerant and defend things from negative changes.

Nvm, google is my friend. Awesome.

>It wasn't don't be a dick. It said you couldnt offend people. That's different

To be fair though, since it was directed at the reader saying 'Don't offend someone' should read more like 'Don't be intentionally offensive' if it was used in a neutral voice.

If your characters are too poor to live in the WF setting, then your GM is doing it right.

Luck, grit and dwarven stubborness me friend.
He did all of this in his first career (shieldbreaker). He actually got hit a couple times, but his AP+TB of 8 absorbed all damage

Also shields save lives

Why the fuck was the GM sending three chaos warriors at first careers?

That's not how it was written. Stop being dishonest when a screen capture of it was posted. it says not to offend people. Which could be as little as picking your nose, eating ham or telling a tranny you won't use pronouns

>Never been at a store or a playgroup and one of the guys brings his neon haired girlfriend along?

Yes. And one time, one of them egged my car because she got upset over my politics. So? This is normal god damn human interaction. My friend broke up with her, and we fucking dealt with it. I know we're all supposed to be forever alone neckbeards and shit or whatever, but your anxiety over having to deal with hypothetical people you don't like should be a call for concern.

And we're all talking hypotheticals here. My WHFRP friend group just plays at our house. I visit the local gaming shop to buy books, figurines, and chat with the regular Mordheim group there and play a few rounds if I feel like raging at dice. None of us have been transformed into purple haired feminazis because of a rules set we don't play.

Stop getting mad at internet people you will never meet. Please just get involved in reality.

you have to be genuinely autistic to think anything like that would get you kicked out

barring "telling a tranny you won't use pronouns", because that's just being a petty little cunt, regardless of what you think about it

>This is normal

Endgame boss(es)

Maybe he just meant cultists in plate armour?

>
>>Never been at a store or a playgroup and one of the guys brings his neon haired girlfriend along?
>
>Yes. And one time, one of them egged my car because she got upset over my politics. So? This is normal god damn human interaction. My friend broke up with her, and we fucking dealt with it. I know we're all supposed to be forever alone neckbeards and shit or whatever, but your anxiety over having to deal with hypothetical people you don't like should be a call for concern.
>
>And we're all talking hypotheticals here. My WHFRP friend group just plays at our house. I visit the local gaming shop to buy books, figurines, and chat with the regular Mordheim group there and play a few rounds if I feel like raging at dice. None of us have been transformed into purple haired feminazis because of a rules set we don't play.

This is not how most people play games. Private groups are rare and hard to find

>My WHFRP friend group

Do you mean WFRP?

Jesus Christ. Even still, three Chaos Warriors in full plate should have splatted a first career PC group. Never mind that fucking Minotaur.

They were actually 4 chaos warriors, but my friends managed to lay low the fourth without my help

Not gonna lie, it was hard. Two characters burnes fate points and I spent mine rerolling parries

>But it's been in the hobby for decades and people haven't bitched before
That's literally not the point at all, and you pushing that as the point is just intentional misdirection.
It's not about it being there or not, it's entirely about it now being a big deal if it's there or not.

No. That's called being a decent person. When you find someone is mentally ill you don't enable their illness. You say no you're sick you need to get back in touch with reality. I won't tell them pink elephants are real, that lead is gold or that a man is a woman.

Yeah. I dunno why, but I keep plugging the 'H' in there. I think it's because mentally I keep thinking of 'War' and 'Hammer' as two separate words.

Really? Cause that's how it's been for me since... I guess 2005 for me? I've never been into the traveling and tourney scene.

and what makes you think you're the one that's going to fix them? All you're doing is being needlessly confrontational. Do you go and rant at scientologists every time you see one of them? It's fucking stupid and you're not achieving anything

I keep forgetting that 2ed is a lot more forgiving than 1ed.

It's not my job to fix any one but it is my job to live up to my ideals. One of which is not to lie to people just to make them feel better

Ignore him. Teach him the practical application of ignoring asshats. Just minimise his post and talk warhammer, let him 'sperg out on himself. You can't win arguments with idiots.

Private groups tend to form in high school and just never end. With people moving around so much more now and community falling apart they're becoming mythical. They don't form any more for most people

>three Chaos Warriors in full plate should have splatted a first career PC group
They almost did!

But they didn't count for me succeding in every parry attempt I did and our elf wizard ulric's furying everytime he landed a magic missile

We should've fought a sorcerer with them, but the GM was wise enough to have him go away with the old "deal with them my minions" shtick

>When you find someone is mentally ill you don't enable their illness. You say no you're sick you need to get back in touch with reality. I won't tell them pink elephants are real, that lead is gold or that a man is a woman.
i never got this point, if i have to play a game in a tourny and my opponent is a crazy man who insists hisall gold army is actually red, i don't start an arguement insisting it's actually golden, i just let him think whatever and play my game.
I wouldn't get a tranny friend and pander to his delusions, but damn man, you don't even have to argue about it everytime you see a tranny.

Why do you think tolerance is a good thing. Things you tolerate will grow, things you attack will Shrink. I don't want tranny shit to grow so I don't tolerate it.

>But they didn't count for me succeding in every parry attempt I did and our elf wizard ulric's furying everytime he landed a magic missile

I'll be honest, that sounds statistically unlikely - but fuck it, it makes for a good story and that's what the hobby is all about.

>Grew up in the days when 7 wounds was a huge amount.
>Rolling d6 for damage, and 6's pop.
>Death came fast in those halcyon days.

Had a weird moment at my LFGS the other day. Just wandered in to grab a couple of board games, new girl working there started talking to me about the jewellery I was wearing, ended up inviting me to her D&D group.

I'm going to be killed, aren't I?

She's looking for fresh orbitters

>hurr them trannies
>i sure know better than medical doctors and psychologists
>I'm an upstanding paragon of civulization!

Why is there polshit in every fucking thread these days? It's fucking awful