Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Looted Trukk Edition

Last Thread >FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Deader than the Emperor.

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=To neck oneself
youtu.be/8Rx8_vjbXX4?t=99
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for no Deathwatch in Shadow War.

Let the joy of WAAC lift you higher.

They exist as Inquisition special dudes

So it's worth it to try and get the LR up close, blow smoke or something, and hope it doesn't explode?

why would they be they only deploy in large, organized forces of several dozens to hundreds

Don't you poison JJBA with your WAACfag apologetics.

NEW PLASTIC GUARD WHEN?!?!

August

What's the best way to remove paint if you fuck up?

I once painted a BONES mini with fabric paint & not minis paint, tried to use nail polish remover... the mini melted...

I don't want to do this to GW priced minis

A LR is pretty damn durable, it will last plenty long for you to get close and dump troops. That said if you just want to get there faster take a rhino.

Email GW, we can't help you here.

Xth for cosmonaut Raptors

Engine degreaser of any kind, sit it in there for like half an hour then scrub with a toothbrush.

Never. Fuck Off All Guardfags.
Post another fucking army once in a while

I use 99% isopropyl alcohol and have never had any problems.

Those "leaks" were fake as fuck, don't spread that shit.

Cant fit my centurions in a rhino. Don't get me wrong, I *want* to use my land raider. I am just nervous about getting it close, and not being able to dump its cargo.

Those helmets make them look even more hilarious, kek

Corsairs....yeh or neh?

I'm gonna start a guard army now just to piss you off, I'll post pics of my WIP stuff every single day.

Are you going to cover them in pouches and basing material?

Meh.

The August Marines codex leak posted near simultaneously seemed likelier

How many of yall have experience with bluestuff? How hard is it, and how much pressure is needed for a 2 sided mold?

Any info appreciated

Someone explain why these don't look as fucking terrible as the Ultramarine ones.

Whoa, new Primaris Guard.

2 wounds.

2 attacks.

Bigger base. Check it out.

What if it's reverse-guard faggotry and that's his plan?

I'm not gonna post the 20 metal GK models I'm painting up to be Purifiers now, just to mess with you. We need more guard posts in here !

I mean its T8 with 16 wounds. Its going to get close.

32nd for

>you came to the wrong neighborhood Mon'keigh

Regardless of whether that one is true or not, the other one is definitely false.

Once they get full rules yes. Until then Ynnari it up.

This stuff is the best

I know. I had to

Raptors>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ultramarines

So I finally picked up a Stormraven. How does Veeky Forums think I should assemble the turret gun for 8th ed?

Prove they are fake then

Not until they get access to proper transports, HQs, etc.

Everything looks more shit if covered in baby blue paint with a toilet seat on it somewhere.

Then I guess that was a job well done.

Anyone have thoughts on the land speeder storm?

I used to use one to get my shotgun/cc scout squad in close, however it doesn't gain the scout rule anymore.

Is it worth it?

Mine got smitten to death in my last game, 4 psykers 9 mortal wounds each turn. I was really tilted, nothing I could do about it.

Couldn't even spend command points to stop it

Anything Ultra-Blue looks like shit bro

They're pegged you can swap at will.

So your Land Raider was the closest model within 18" but you couldn't get it close enough to do anything valuable? What the fuck where you doing - how were you allowing your LR to be the closest unit to 4 psykers?

Assault cannon seems nice for the sheer amount of shots it throws out.

First of all that's not how the burden of proof works. At all.

But secondly, GW isn't going to go 4 months with no Age of Sigmar releases, especially since at least some of the preview pics we've seen on the rumour mill are clearly AoS models, and none of the preview pics that look to be 40k related match up with the shit the leaks claim is coming.

I was trying to unload my centurions, but I didn't know you had to disembark before moving the transport.

Also I couldn't use my psyker to deny because he was inside

Okay /40kg/,

Talk me into/out of buying myself one of those new thunderhawks for my birthday

Dude what the fuck are you talking about? The Deathwatch almost exclusively acts in kill teams of a dozen marines or less.

The whole point of the deathwatch is to highly elite squads of marines able to perform surgical strikes.

So just put any fucking unit in front of it so that unit has to be hit my Smite first? It sounds like you just played piss awful. Smite only hits the closest enemy unit so its super easy to game around.

Having something in front of it has no impact on you - you disembark within 3" of the LR then move and go on about your business.

DARE YOU ENTER MY IRON CAGE

There might be a plastic Primaris one coming in the next few months, so at least wait to see if that's a thing or not.

Buy it or you'll forever be cursed, getting turned into a filthy kender with a vore fetish.

It's my 2nd game ever, I didn't know how smite worked until I faced it

How about read the 8 pages of rules before playing games

because they deathwatch get sent on missions to fight large xenos threats and shadow war takes place inside a hive city or similar type of location.

>Tfw vore fetish

Putting it together might take a week or two. Same for painting

It might have warped parts (which is more likely with larger blocks of resin)

Parts might have absorbed the release agent meaning no paint will ever stick to it

You'll possibly have to explain it to your parents/GF/wife somehow

Yeah Deathwatch would never act alone in a small unit deep behind enemy lines. Totally.

Oh definitely
>We're focused on the neglected factions so ALDAR and Thousand Sons stuff soon off the bat

Hahahahahahaha

Not a chance. People need to accept that plastic thunderhawk rumours are just a time honoured tradition in the 40k community.
Also the resin thunderhawk can already transport chad marines, there is zero reason for a special one.

Thoughts on the following list.

>Yvraine
>Shadowseer
>Troupe Master - Embrace

>5x Harlequins - 5x Embrace, 2x Fusion Pistol

>Starweaver - 2x Shruiken Cannon

>10x Shadow Specters - Exarch
>10x Shadow Specters - Exarch

>Hemlock Wraithfighter
>Hemlock Wraithfighter

>Wraithlord - 2x Bright Lance

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=To neck oneself

Dude you're retarded. Shadow War's main location is Armageddon, a campaign that the Deathwatch are specifically mentioned to have fought in.

>faction that has its own army list exists only as mercenaries for other faction

hive cities are not behind enemy lines, they are imperial territory.

Normally I would agree but this time might be different for multiple reasons.

But then I was saying the same thing about February Sisters rumours and look where that got us, so you're probably right.

Even better, what's your point then? That the Deathwatch have a deathly fear of doorways?

Nope that's 100% not accurate to the fluff.

Deathwatch are about killing shit before it becomes a major issue. Like killing a warboss before shit goes full Waugh.

Or killing Genestealer covens before they generate enough psychic force to call the Nids.

Or deal with Eldar pirate scum.

What they are not good at handling are big Xenos incursions. That's what Imperial Guard are for with hopefully close to full Chapter SM support.

Are Possessed ever going to be good again?

Not a job for Deathwatch, but apparently Grey Knights are all about that

Why would people buy the Overkill board game if they could play Deathwatch as they are meant to function in SW:A just as well ?

How do you picture a carnifex bioplasma attack? A glowing green sphere? A compact fireball? A purple glob that trails off?

It's funny because even sisters of BASS HOLE get their own list, they're less of an army than those literally who's.

>no daemons
>send in the Grey Knights for small unit stealth warfare!
>shit loads of aliens
>keep the Deathwatch the fuck away from that shit, everyone knows they suck at that

GKs get bored waiting for Bloodthirsters/Angron to manifest so they can kick daemon ass so they pick fights with Meganobs to keep busy.

Like the carnifex is jizzing from his mouth.

>pick fights with Meganobs

Not even
Just Boyz and Eldar civilians

this.

>Tau with homing beacon can deep strike without regard for enemy position
>technically, can deep strike within 1 inch of an enemy.
>doing so will make the enemy engaged.

Legit? Useful (for example, sacrificing drones to tie up an important unit)?

Literally the only reason they're not their own team is because they're mercanaries for SM scout teams.

They made those three teams said they'd be the only factions present only to have to turn around and make one for everyone else.

shit, where can i find what the TITANIC keyword means? i know its in the rulebook but i just keep missing it

lol if you would use ur common sense you'd find out that it means ur model can be transported in the rms titanic

Move and shoot Macro guns
Get rekt by macro guns and... that is about it

>legitimate answer
Boring user

What is better, Dragoons or Balistarii?

youtu.be/8Rx8_vjbXX4?t=99

You can never be within 1" of an enemy unit without charging.

it's probably got to do with the fact that the game is about training up rookies into hardened soldiers, which doesnt work with deathwatch because they are already veterans

I tried store bought simple green. Worked pretty well, but some of the pigment is still there in recesses and as stains. Is this normal?

There isn't a rule that says so. The only rule close to this is that you can't move within 1 inch of an enemy without charging, but you aren't moving your units here.

Not him but the rules don't say this. That's why rules that let you deploy things normally tell you they have to be more than 1" away from any enemy models.

>grey knight rookies
>tyranid rookies
>necron rookies

A) Grey Knights
B) Lore-wise the DW take anything from Blood Claws to Terminators, it wouldn't be hard for them to start off as tactical marine equivalents and work their way up. What do you think happens in the DW RPG?

So is there ever any reason to field dakkafexes in 8e or is it still CC fexes only?

Actually almost nothing says 'must be more than 1" away when deploying' - most of them have the 9" requirement but another illustrative of this is that scouts can deploy in combat in theory. If your opponent deploys on their deployment zone edge you can deploy within 1" of them while still being outside the deployment zone and start in combat.

i could have sworn that units got +1 to hit against titanic, but now i cant even find it in the brb or the index. is it only specific keywords that involve titanic that affect it? does it not have an intrinsic meaning?

The only Keyword with real intrinsic meaning is Fly. There are a few terrain rules that impact infantry and titanic but almost no keyword has intrinsic value.

I hope you mean Foule™ Vesseles™ of Daemonic Power™