Judge Death and the other Dark Judges are among the few recurring villains of the 2000AD comic Judge Dredd...

Judge Death and the other Dark Judges are among the few recurring villains of the 2000AD comic Judge Dredd. For nearly forty years they have fought to bring their peculiar conception of justice to its logical conclusion: if only the living can break the law, then life itself must also be a crime, one punishable by death. But before they came to Mega City One they had already cleansed one world of all its sinners.

This is how that world dies. This is the Fall of Deadworld.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/1mdy9glj42lnw/Deadworld
mediafire.com/file/ap4b0zqg5mh77tf/Th1rt3en.cbr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Continuing from this thread , this is the final part of Fall of Deadworld: Cursed.

The story so far: A world quite like our own is slowly being murdered. Judge Fairfax, a deeply troubled enforcer of a brutal regime, attempted to escape the supernatural horror growing around his former mentor, Sidney De’Ath, but quickly found that there was nowhere left to run. Now captured by rebels and with Sidney’s new friends closing in all hope seems lost.

Fear rules supreme.

I'd read it.

YES!

Thank for continuing this!

Last page >>

WTF? Seriously, 'few recurring villains'? Ahem. East Meg 1 Survivors, Orlock The Assassin, Mean Machine Angel, P.J. Maybe. The Frendz of Nero Narcos, The Hunters' Club, Kleggs, Owen Krysler, Total War. Dredd is packed with recurring villains.

I love that.

Just gonna bump this because OP can't

Thank you, its much appreciated.

Bupm

The End... for now.

Thank you Shakaranon!

mediafire.com/folder/1mdy9glj42lnw/Deadworld

The print collection of all the currently published parts of Fall of Deadworld is available for pre-order for November this year. The next chapter is coming "sssoon".

Thanks m8

It'd be a crime not to bump a Judge Dredd thread.

MORE!

This isnt /co/ is it? Not complaining but did you get your boards mixed up by any chance?

It is far easier to read while on a home computer than on a smartphone at work. You are a hero to your country.

So this is all that's out from this arc so far?

It wass my pleasure.

That's fair. A better way to put it might be "few recurring individual villains that have 'survived' since the early days of the strip to the present day". Even PJ Maybe might have finally snuffed it.

Not tonight Josephine, but I can look for requests for tomorrow if there's still some interest. Doesn't have to be Dredd related, I'm already hunting for 13 for that other user.

It is, yes. I'm not sure when the next bit will be out, but given how universally well-received its been I would imagine it'll be as soon as possible.

Isn't the ending a forgone conclusion though? The four judges invade mega city one, and announce they've killed everything else, and they're utterly victorious in their home dimension. That means the chosen one girl must have failed doing whatever she was supposed to do. It's prequel syndrome.

you are the bast my friend.
i've been looking for this shit for awhile but i can't fucking find it
not necessarily.
we can see in dreams that they did not kill all life in the galaxy, it's possible that they could even suprise
then again you could say it's like Junji Ito story.
Everything is going to suck for the characters but the question is how much.

based*

>makes a deal with evil undead
is this man stupid or desperate?

>Isn't the ending a forgone conclusion though?
not exactly a problem provided the story is well told

He doesn't know they're undead yet. As far as most people know magic isn't real and this is some kind of an engineered prion disease.

i'm fairly sure he does
he's called them zombies.
Mook judge #1 has his head split open
he's fought them
and he made a deal with a blind woman who has two ugly rotten eyes peaking out of her ruptured skull.
all of them have the same body hue
likely smell too.

It is and it isn't. Ultimately we do know that absolutely everyone and everything apart from the Four on Deadworld snuffs it. On the other hand, Jess is shaping up to be this universe's version of Owen Krysler, and mere death didn't stop him from creating an entire vampire-based alternate timeline. There's also some very peculiar things going on with the Sisters and how they interact with other worlds and other universes as seen by the Half-Life saga, and more prosaically dimension hopping technology means that it is possible that some natives escaped the purges somehow. There's room for unexpected developments, even though I do think its going to end really sadly for Jess, Byke and Fairfax.

Desperate mostly. Mind you, he's still doing quite well considering cold-turkey detoxing, poorly healed injuries, nightmarish stress, psychic attacks and enormous dose of peyote he's was fed only an hour or two.

Some points I didn't get around to pointing out as we were going along
>School of Hate were a popular teen band which first appeared in Half-Life. Sidney killed them all before he was even a Judge. The lyrics to their songs (eg. ) seem to reference the future forms of the Four.
> A Hot-dog run in Dredd's universe is an expedition/practical lesson for a group of Judge cadets into the Cursed Earth around Mega City One to familiarise them with the area and give them unexpected problems to solve.
>Deadworld Judge technology is modelled on skulls and bones even before they turn. Byke was designed after a horse skull while the fliers were based on cow skulls.
>All of the Dark Judges are at different stages of their evolution. We know from Boyhood and Half-Life that Death was the first to take on his final form. We're never shown him in full view throughout the Fall, only the mouth, presumably so that as the audience we see him for the first time with Fairfax.

Ymoi mushroom girl a cutie

>Death does, however, have the characteristic white-on-black squiggly text boxes. Normals people have normal boxes, people exposed to the Dead Fluids and especially those who have "died" at least once like Gates have white boxes but squiggly outlines. Fear and Fire are in this stage, and are part way to developing their signature looks, but from the way that Psiren describes Fear he's clearly at a more advanced stage in the process. Mortis is probably the next most advanced after Death considering this page . The Sisters are a weird case. They appear to be completely human but its also only a mask. There's more going on there than is immediately apparent.

I'm sure there's some other things but I'm afraid my brain's gone to slurry right now. Hopefully the thread will stay up long enough for me to get back to it.

He's was also completely out of it on drugs when they arrived. He might not realise that they really are that freakish looking

Thanks for posting.

I've always been kinda on/off with Dredd and 2000AD in general.

Knew about them as a kid but never picked them up just read one or two a friend had.

Got a little taster booklet that had the Ken Dodd story but was kinda overwhelmed by how much there was.

Read bits and pieces over the years though, mostly crossovers and alternate world stories because they tend to be self contained rather than sprawling.

Biggest problem though has always been my problem of being picky when it comes to artwork. I know I've missed out on some of the best storyline because of not liking the art (either not feeling up to the old school line art, or flat out hating some of the modern CG art of some 2000AD stories).

Good to see there is new stuff coming out that is interesting, has nice art and is semi-stand alone.

>everyone dies

Yawn.

Also the art is trash

So is ur mom lol

Go back to capeshit kid.

>That's fair. A better way to put it might be "few recurring individual villains that have 'survived' since the early days of the strip to the present day".

True. The strip basically ended when they killed my waif- I mean Judge Nixon

What's the problem, not enough grown men in there underwear punching each other?
Not every ending has to be a happy one, some times the point is the journey, not the destination.

>2017
>posting good comics on /co/mblr
It'd be wasted on those faggots, like pearls before swine.
All they care for now is capeshit, shitty children's cartoons or waifubait.

Fuck, it's like a chaos cultist takeover of an imperial world. Nasty.

This was great, thanks for the story time like in days of yore.

Been trying to find the name of it, but no dice so I'll ask/request storytime here: does anyone know the name of the Sinister Dexter arc in which they get contracted to kill Holy Moses Tanenbaum? I remember loving that story when I read it. From what I can find out it ran from progs 981-994 and was written by Dan Abnett

Birthday Goy here. Thank you

They're doing a big mainline Judge Death story soon. Jess might play a part.

He's basically Deadworld's equivalent to Dredd. The Chief Judge's fixer, a surpassingly violent Judge. And he already knows Ssidney.

bonk

Even before all that necromancy stuff, Ssssydney was going around killing/maiming people, including fellow Judges, with impunity
That's not a sign of healthy society
(Not like it was healthy in Dredd main universe)

judge systems are always going to be a little fucked up (emerald isles aside) , deadworld's just a bit more than usual

That's the thing about extremists. They are, well, extreme but they don't just appear out of nowhere. Only a deeply fucked up society could produce someone as deeply fucked as Death or Dredd for that matter

>if only the living can break the law, then life itself must also be a crime, one punishable by death
>logical
So are these fuckers inherently bad at logic, or...?

>I'm already hunting for 13 for that other user.
I'll be honest, I'm just a humble, simple user who enjoys big tits. A simple link will suffice if you wish to give these good anons a Dredd dump proper.

Grud bless you, son.

What's illogical about that? We have all kinds of laws intended to prevent crime the Dark Judges crime prevention program is just a little broader than most. And you can't say it doesn't work, crime on Deadworld was completely eliminated

> if only the living can break the law
As it was shown in Dreams of Deadworld, non-living (i.e. other Dark Judges apart from the Four) can also break the law
Well, suffices to say, they too were judged

To think of it, Ol' good Judge Cal was essentially another Ssssydney, but with way more style and way less necromancy
I think they would have gotten along famously

I'm halfway through compiling 13, so while that's going on enjoy a short interlude from a story I like that I discovered while sorting out the progs.

Some Sinister Dexter is totally doable and I've got the story with the first Holy Moses Tanenbaum right here.

Brit-Cit is essentially Mega City Britain. It includes the holiday destination Murphyville (Ireland), the radioactive/dimensionally inconsistent wasteland Cal-Hab (Scotland) and a lot of mutant and folklore infested wilderness.

Krieger's big smile on this page has always been pretty funny to me. I guess the nobles are too busy being offended to notice.

>way more style
Come on now. I don't think Death would be a fan of Cal either.

I actually like how you see the DJs both pre/during the apocalypse (serious, scary, not to be fucked with) and after (bored, nothing to do, exposing the essential contradiction). It kinda unifies the horror and comedic strips they've been in. And Deadworld lets them win hard.

>traditional one finger salute by the irish

you cheeky...

It's a pity Death didn't appear in Helter Skelter. I guess even Cal wasn't crazy enough to get mixed up with him

>Gin

Oh for fucks sake that is funnier than it should be.

I'm surprised you've left out the Funko Pop crossover, here.

The Law doesn't run!

A delightful ending to what I assumed would be a soulless cash-in. Slightly different tone to Fall of Deadworld, mind you.

Then I hope you find the boobs to be everything you dreamed of.

mediafire.com/file/ap4b0zqg5mh77tf/Th1rt3en.cbr

If it takes your fancy there's also some very cheap copies on UK Amazon. Really, if you are enjoying these please do consider buying the books if you can. If nothing else it shows that there is still a market for thrillpower.

As a change we'll do at least a bit of Sinister Dexter next.

>Read 28 Case files
>Learn there is more
>Oh Grud
Damn, I'm conflicted. It's more fun, yet it means that it's next 15 thousand pages before I'm free man again.

And that's just the Judge Dredd stories in 2000AD, not counting the his specials (Restricted Files, 4 vols.), crossovers (Batman, Aliens, Predator, Lobo...), Cass Anderson's stories (The Psi Files, 5 vols.), and the other in-universe spin offs like The Low Life, The Simping Detective, Mega City Undercover, Hondo City Law...

Oh, and don't forget all the other fine 2000AD phonebook collections like the ABC Warriors (Mek Files, 3 Vols.), Nemesis the Warlock (The Complete Nemesis the Warlock, 3 vols.), Ro-Busters, Rogue Trooper (Tales of Nu-Earth, 4 Vols.), Sam Slade: Robo-Hunter (2 vols, I think) Strontium Dog (Search/Destroy Agency Files, 4 vols.)...

There's a lot of really cool material, is what I'm saying. THAT SAID don't feel intimidated by it. Just read whatever you feel like it, there's really no need to do all of them unless you actually want to. Its worth doing at least the first volume (so, four-ish arcs) of Nemesis and I would say Nikolai Dante is worth reading all the way start to finish, but beyond that just do what you want to. I got into them by reading 90s era progs and old Titan editions completely out of order and I got on just fine.

Hey Shakaranon, I'd like to thank you for the Dredd dumps that you do periodically, they're awesome and very much appreciated.

If you're going to be sticking around for a while, could you possibly fit Boyhood of a Superfiend in somewhere? It's one of my favourites and these threads have been pretty Judge Death oriented. Cheers again!

what is point of comic if we already know Judge Death wins and kills everything on earth?

Yeah I think P.J. is reallly, really dead this time, also, I forgot to say 'thank you' for posting these, even though I get tooth every week and the meg every month, it's nice to see you making these threads to enlighten folks. So, thank you.

That broken-nosed man-woman was your waifu?
>Not choosing Hershey.
Sheesh user....

Now's a good time to jump on with the weekly issues then. Available at very reasonable price direct from the 2000ad website.

>Ambassador Autobahn von Kraftwerk

It's probably not as clear in the whole reading but this is one issue of 2000AD's story, so this is one weekly installment. I absolutely love how it's completely silent in terms of dialogue until "They're here"

I red whole Nemesis and well... The series was rather OK, but for Torquemadas sake only (great, absurd villain) and was heavy-handed sociopolitical statement.

That's what I like in Judge Dredd- the answer is far from obvious. It's not "oh you rith wung facist" or "yo comme liberulz" and yet sometimes shines with social commentary.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see PJ resurface. He's a sneaky little drokker

If you think Nemesis is political you should read Pat Millis' stuff from the 90s. Stuff like Finn, basically Occupy the comic where both the church and all corporations are a front for rapacious alien overlords. Or the time travel Slaine stories, again with the alien overlords and also Robin Hood was totally a feminist yo. Still a lot of fun but zero subtlety.

Pat Mills still does things like that - in 'Requiem Chevalier Vampire' Mother Theresa is reincarnated in Hell as a ghoul and the British turn into gay shit-eating lizard people.

>both the church and all corporations are a front for rapacious alien overlords
You mean to say they're not?

Shhh, the goim may be on board!

Pretty much everything in 2000AD has all the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the face. People don't read it for the scintillating political insight.