sgiz.mobi/s3/dbadf27c707b

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
Thread Question: With clerics, paladins, and others of faith, how prominent are theocracies in your settings and games?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=ua revised ranger
dandwiki.com/wiki/Shrine_Maiden_(Variant)
homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Today i finally lost my shit with my retard players and told them to fuck themselves. Motherfuckers not attending the game for 3 weeks straight, and when they do come it's usually 2 hours later than what we had planned. Fuck it, i'm tired of their shit. I'm a DM, not their fucking dad. Sometimes it seems like this game is not worth all the trouble.

How do you balance the desire to world build with the need to have a setting that functions with 5E?

My setting is a bunch of city states. The settlers brought their gods over where the natives are more animalistic in their worship. In an effort to convert the natives, the settler drew parralels from between the gods. None of the city states are theocracies though.

Okay Mr. Troll, I'll bite: you make up what ever you want.

Then in combat you use 5e combat rules.

Seriously, move to Charleston and join one of my games. One of my tables even has a spot open. You've got, like, at least a week before it gets filled. Hurry up.

>all but one player get new clothes to blend in so they don't stand out
>that one player ignores party, npcs and the current situation they're in
>never interacts with anything
>insists on keeping their blood stained cloak it's red so it's fine they think
>will likely gain the ire or arouse suspicion with npcs that matter
It might be a dick move but I'm thinking of making things even harder for them solely because this character stands out in a bad way.
>just talk to them
Every time exp is mentioned they ask how much is needed for a level. Either they continue to suffer or they learn.

Please give me some advice as to what character to play 5eg? It's a toss up between an EK and a GOO warlock.
I have a better idea of how to roleplay the GOO warlock though.

>Mariner fighting style doesn't allow shields
Well I guess that's one character concept gone.

How do you make arenas interesting?

What is that monster?
Have spectators throwing weapons for the combatants to use, hazards spread throughout the arena such as pits, spikes and fire.

I don't think they actually swam wearing their shields, so just put it away when you dive in and enjoy the half a shield's worth of AC.

What if specific classes don't exist in your setting or if the world isn't conducive to the types of games 5E is good at?

>What if specific classes don't exist in your setting
You can usually reflavor or homebrew something existing to work.
>or if the world isn't conducive to the types of games 5E is good at?
Have you considered just not playing 5e?

I suppose you have to take what the rules allow for and treat it as cannon.
Like, some spells make coming back to life cannon, some make alternate planes, ethereal planes, etc planes cannon.
Otherwise you'll need to restrict and remove those rules as you come upon them.

If you could be more specific and offer some details, we could probably offer you better advice.

>what kind of GOO are you tied to?
>how did you strike the pact?
>how "all there" do you plan on being?
>do you plan on sitting about, and speaking feverishly, chatting into the wee hours?

I have unfortunately my players don't want to so I'm trying to find a workable solution that makes both my players and I happy

I don't like that there's there's about 4 different power sources for magic and am having a hard time condensing them in a way that makes sense and keeps 5E intact, alternatively I am thinking about world building specifically for 5E as a system which might be a fun challenge

It's not like you're playing 3.X where numbers get skewed when you fuck around, or 4e where homebrewing anything takes hours of work. Just knock off some options you don't like and make some new ones to compensate as necessary.

Dm question here: how do i balance combat encounters for a party of 6 fighters?

>What is that monster
It's a Shaelmaar, witcher 3.

In this example, it was a gift to Toussaint from the Emperor of Nilfgaard to be used in their tournaments. They're completely blind and rely on echolocation to find things, this one has massive bells strapped to it to confuse it but they get knocked off in the fight.

SIX MORE FIGHTERS!

Building a level 5 Deep Gnome Mystic.

I'm dumping all my points into INT and CON for

For max HP and a +7 to hit/15 DC which is pretty high for an INT save.

I'm thinking Order of the Immortal/Bestial Form/Adaptive Body/Brute Strength. Or would Giant/Tiny be better for utility?

Talents probably Mind Thrust 2d10 INT save, Mystic Charm because useful and Delusion.

>DM wants to run strahd, not adventure league rules though
>so i can finally run my artificer
>from what I am told, expect 5-6 people at most including me in that.
>2 others show up out of nowhere, with 8 players + dm we are packed in like sardines

god dammit

You don't. No matter what you may plan, you cannot account for six action surges. It's actually impossible. I'd actually be amazingly curious to see a graph of what six action surges would look like.

Meant to ask if this was in fact, a dick move.

>8 players
Abort

I'll probably just go with this, hopefully I can get player buy in with the homebrew

What would be the best archetype and feats for a sword & board dex fighter?

I did Curse of Strahd with seven players + DM with a DM that avoids roleplay and loves combat in a DM vs player mentality. We fucking destroyed Strahd in an almost embarrassing way after nearly a year of struggling through Barovia.

As advice: Be a Cleric. Be six Clerics. Just have a fucking Cleric in your party. 90% of 5e cmpaigns don't need a Cleric, but CoS is so much easier with one.

Use magic traps.

But none of my players are gay. How will that help?

They won't know it's a trap until its too late user.

Why the fuck would you have 6 fighters?

The party is either perfectly fine or horrendously screwed no matter what you do as they excel really well at one thing but suck at everything else.

So no, there's no way you can do this that won't result in them all dying.

Traps aren't gay dbh

My DM is the best Dm. Fucking love that guy.

I wanna hold his hand

Any ideas for a fun Ranger for a relatively new player. So far I've leveled a paladin and a barb to 6, but no experience with Ranger. I want to keep it easy and RP heavy.

I am joining a group of work friends who are running a 7th level group with Milestone EXP. The DM asked me to make a scout, and I know him to be pretty flexible with group makeup.

Any recommend builds to try? Is having a pet gay AF?

Anyone?

actually played mystic

Beastmaster ranger is really weak, ranger in general is, but especially Beastmaster.

Use the revised ranger if at all possible. Depending on what type of campaign I would consider either hunter or the deepstalker conclave. Alternatively you can play a rogue and pick the UA Scout archetype.

So is Vax a Revenant now? Cause that's what it's looking like to me

Get the fuck out with your fagshit

Any other class you would recommend to be the scout for a party? I do not care about damage output.

Literally who?

Probably. Or, at the very least, he's normal, but the second the whole Vecna thing is resolved, he's getting the pink slip for life.

rogue for sure. be a sneak, cap wisdom and take wis skills

7th level? That's nearly at the point where the Horizon Walker becomes at-will Teleport baked into your attacks are cool.

Primeval Guardian's also really fun if you want to go melee. I highly recommend it.

Ask your DM to let you use Revised. PHB Ranger is alright, but the Revised version makes them good. If you can't use the Revised Beastmaster then don't even think about being a Beastman.

I know that feel, bro

Where can I find revised ranger info? Thanks in advance.

When you're a player and you hate all the other players for this reason.

5etools is your friend

lmgtfy.com/?q=ua revised ranger

Unearthed Arcana on the WOTC website. or just google "ua ranger".

The Dueling fighting style grants that +2 damage boost so long as you're holding one weapon in one hand and no other weapons. Your shield ain't a weapon, so it still applies. Otherwise, choose Protection for your teammates' sake.

Other than that, Battlemaster is always fun and moves like Riposte will be your friend.

Anyone have any cool ideas for a Land Druid? I mostly like all their Elemental themed spells and want to try and roleplay around that.

C'mon did you even think to Google it before asking

Be a DEX Knight, giving Disadvantage on an enemies attacks against friends is amazing plus 3 times per rest you can make a super OA.

For Fighting Style either Dueling for damage or Defence for... defence.

Feats you pick up will probably be Shield Master, Sentinel and whatever else tickles your fancy.

>>>reddit

Yes, he is. And we do have a CR thread going already, so feel free to post in there.

A lot of the /5eg/ anons don't like it when we discuss CR stuff in here, but tolerate it for the big events, and this is admittedly a rather minor event.

Best party scout is Chain Warlock.

Second best party scout is any character with a familiar.

we have a cleric, a paladin (though i don't think he'll be there every week, it's played by an old guy that barely pays attention), me (artificer), a lizardfolk ranger, monk, aasimar fighter, wizard, drow something (forget class)

What sucks is though we haven't had combat, I feel like I don't shine anywhere, i'm utterly surprised by how many people took investigate compared to some of our other campaigns. Or half the party has medicine skill as well. I'm sitting there thinking I'll be this useful party member but everyone can do everything better than I can right off the bat. The ONLY thing I have over them is all my tool proficiencies, and lord knows how little that will ever come into play outside of thieves tools which I get automatically.

Pic related, how my kobold artificer dresses

Anyone know a good way to subtly kill off my friend's gf's character? She's a massive slut and wears super revealing clothing at the table, it's extremely distracting, and telling her to stop isn't really an option due to her age. She is also a huge whiny bitch and constantly complains when shit doesn't go her way, like getting pouty when her character went to 0 hp ONCE and I didn't heal her instantly and chose to finish off the monster first so it couldn't hit her again and put her in nat1=death territory. She's playing an elf ranger (of course), beastwarden (of course), 4th level. She has 13 Con and 19 Dex, those are her only stats I remember. She has 38 hp because she bitched at the DM every time she rolled less than 5 for a hit die roll and since he's a thirsty cuck like the rest of my group he let her reroll. She has 16 AC (studded). Any ideas for taking her out? I'm playing as a Cleric with Grave domain from UA.

Hey dude thanks a lot.

Apologies I had no idea there was a thread up.

wtf picture didn't go through

Passive aggressively hurting the character for the player one of your friends is fucking in a board game wont do you any favors in the long run. You may need to use actual words for this situation

Maybe just leave the group. From your descriptions of the players as "thirsty cucks" you don't seem to like being around them.

Alternatively, quit bitching about things on the internet and talk to your friend.

Try growing some testicles, you fucking kidult.

>She's a massive slut and wears super revealing clothing at the table, it's extremely distracting
Grow the fuck up or don't look at her then.

>beastwarden
At least get the class names right.

>4th level
>She has 13 Con and 19 Dex
Yeah she is retarded if she has two main stats odd.

>since he's a thirsty cuck like the rest of my group he let her reroll
Alright. So while I personally think your a dick I'll give the best advice I can. Find a new group.

You clearly don't match with the type of interaction they're all having and don't get along with them, I can assure you that this will end with you doing something to kill her off and getting kicked out.

Like the other people said, either confront the person and group directly or leave the group. Being a child about this shit isn't going to get you anywhere. Deal with it or make it not your problem.

dandwiki.com/wiki/Shrine_Maiden_(Variant)
Being working on this, any advice to make it more balance?
I feel the main theme of the class and class option doesn't come across too well.
Suggestion in better names for stuff and making the text more compact are appreciated

Why won't it do me any favors? It'll make me feel good inside.

Talking to my friend will just result in him sperging out and white knighting. He's never had any pussy before so he's unlikely to give an inch. I'd rather just "accidentally" kill her off with a misplaced AoE or something.

You try sitting across from this chick and not wanting to stare at the tits, then tell me to "grow up." Also I can't quit the group because of the social ramifications that would have.

>I can assure you that this will end with you doing something to kill her off and getting kicked out.
Not if I make it look like an accident.

>dandwiki

Need a lvl 3 character for one-shot tomorrow but too lazy at the moment. Will play the most complete character sheet posted as a reply to this.

Brace for the wave of
>dandwiki

Did not realize a simple published set of rules was what you were referring to. BTW faggot.

The way you're typing makes me think that you just want to fuck your friend's girlfriend and you're mad that she isn't interested in you.

GOOlock is a lot more straightforward. EK's aren't bad but they require much more careful handling.

You're being a coward and making excuses for yourself. Either deal with the problem like a fucking adult or leave the situation.

>dandwiki

I didn't want to use it but I don't know how to make chart in Pastebin

>You try sitting across from this chick and not wanting to stare at the tits
I can because I'm not a child, you sexually frustrated turbo-virgin.
>I can't quit the group because of the social ramifications that would have
This is an 18+ website. If your social links rely on d&d you have bigger problems kid. You can just say "hey DM, i'm not feeling it."

>She's a massive slut and wears super revealing clothing at the table

Post pics

Use homebrewery

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/

The brave thing is to tuck my tail and quit a group that I was a part of for four years before that roastie slut joined in? That's bullshit. If a man came into your house with a gun and threatened you, would you cry and apologize and sign over the mortgage to him? Fuck no. You defend your turf. That's what a goddamn man does.

>The way you're typing makes me think that you just want to fuck your friend's girlfriend
Well yeah but she's 14 so I'm not going to do that when I'm almost twice her age.

Jesus Christ just go back to /r9k/

>roastie
Keep /r9k/ in /r9k/

Okay, so you're almost 28 years old. Why the fuck are you hanging out with someone that's dating a 14 year old? Could it be that you're an underage highschooler, instead of a man in his late 20s?

Eldritch Mormon.

Nice guy wiating for his master the Beast that is the Darkness Between Stars to cause the heatdeath of the universe and devour planets.

Very low key cultist. Fights the good fight so his master has a nice snack for later.

Dude, we get the point. He posted a link to dandwiki. Not everything on that site is bad, the brew he posted deserves to be judged on its own merits. If he'd posted some PDF with a faggy background and pretty font you'd be all over it so quit whining.

Don't have any and I don't want to post her facebook pics, although some of them are pretty hot.

>I can because I'm not a child, you sexually frustrated turbo-virgin.
Stop projecting. When did I say I was sexually frustrated? Just because I don't want to play D&D with a near-topless female distracting me? Sorry if you're into men.

> If your social links rely on d&d you have bigger problems kid.

Well most of my friends are part of my D&D group and know my family pretty well, my D&D group is pretty engrained in my social circle. Which was probably mistake to do but it's too late now.

Aight, here's what you do.

Next time she shows up, turn on some hardcore gangsta rap. get up on the table and dance, throw hands around like you're freestyling. Then, at the end of the song, drop trou and squat right in front of her and squeeze a log out. Then do your best breakdance move, crack open a container of cool whip and spread it on your turd. When she looks at you in disgust, backflip off the table and flip that shit right into her slutty mug.

Then sit down to roleplay like nothing happened.

>Comparing an annoying girlfriend taking over a weekly gathering to your home being invaded and taken.

That's pretty fucking pathetic, user. The 'brave' thing to do would be to confront your friend and tell him what's going on, and if that didn't work leave the group because it's no longer worth your time.

>14 years old
wew

10/10, got me to reply three times.

>>>r/incels

No, I am 28, my friend is 24, his girlfriend is 14. Yeah it's weird. I don't want to talk about it further. Anyway, can we please discuss a good way to kill her character off accidentally? Like a spell that has an unintended effect that I could make a "dumb mistake" and cast accidentally that could cause her to drown or something like that?

>unironically uses the term roastie
>can't sit near a chick without being a sperg
Nah you're just autistic.
>Well most of my friends are part of my D&D group and know my family pretty well
Is d&d your only social interaction or something?

>weird

That's pedophelia. Your friend is a pedophile. Have you told your friend he's a pedophile?

>a pedophile that thinks that dandwiki is alright and plays roleplaying games with pedophiles
This is advanced degeneracy

If you don't have the God-given sense to run, we can't help you.